Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Good morning ladies!

Teacher - congrats on your new lows this week!! I agree with ItsMy...adjust that ticker!! Great job!

ItsMy - you are certainly rocking the workouts this week. Great job!! So glad your kids are joining you and supporting you. That strong support network goes a long way in your ultimate success. My whoopie pie tradition hails from Pennsylvania (mom's family). I honestly had no idea that Maine had a claim to fame in regards to whoopie pies. That's very interesting!

Jen - hope you're having a good week. This is what a whoopie looks like. Drool worthy:

As for me...having a good week. Haven't had much internet time. The Easter carb water weight has worked its way off and I'm seeing a very small whoosh into new lows. I've been knocking on the door of a new decade for a couple days and it's driving me crazy, LOL. The scale teetered between 130.3 and 130.0 this morning. Sometimes my scale inexplicably adds 0.3 pounds. For example, I weighed myself first...was 130.3...then weighed my hand weight...it was 8.0 lbs exactly...then weighed myself with the weight and was 138.0...then weighed myself without the weight again and was 130.3. Repeated the process and got 130.1. Sigh...so annoying. I recorded the weight as 130.3 but the 130 number is still dancing around the back of my brain (or perhaps the front...since im still thinking about it and posting about it - HA!). Normally I don't care about the discrepancy but I'm SO CLOSE to that new decade I can taste it, LOL!!! Maybe tomorrow...here's hoping.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #77  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Dogdays - I figured I would give you a history/government lesson in short form, I kept up on the "debate" between states last year as it was all over the local paper from Maine that I always read online (it covers the area that I lived in). That is a great pic of the whoopie pies too!
You are so funny with the scale. I understand though. I am a lot higher on the scale and it hasn't moved since December!!! I had dipped down to 188 in October... then put on some... since then, have gained and lost the same 4lbs ever since!!! Say what? I have tried dipping calories, spiking calories, upping intensity of workouts, elongating the workouts... and have not been able to return to the 180s. BUT... I have been reshaping what weight I do have, so as long as that progress is happening, I won't scream too loudly. The upping of workout quantities and intensity as of the last couple weeks are not just reshaping me, but getting definition starting to form in my arms, legs, butt has risen a bit (I will take any help I can get there, lol), etc... I have taken off inches in big amounts without a move on the scale too. The way I am figuring is that scale will have to catch on eventually. TECHNICALLY, it would be physically impossible to NOT lose weight with the way my calories and burns have been... but if it wants to all tighten BEFORE I lose more, I am good with that too. There is nothing attractive about the "hang" that happens after weight loss, so if this is what my body needs for adjustment.. so be it for now. Frustrating? You bet... but I don't quit over it... I am in this for a lifetime and not a season Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one at odds with a scale, Ended up on a rant, Oh my!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

dogdays- wow, those look yummy

star- weighted gloves... I have those... I need to work back up to them with my turbo fire and turbo jam

jen & kay- hi

I adjusted down to 211, we'll see if the 210 stays a day more. I only got in a walk with the dogs today since it was so busy. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get in a bigger workout. They're predicting major storms tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be calm.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #79  

Hi everyone!!!!
I have wonderful news... I hit 209 this morning So at 15 pounds lost! Might be up a little tomorrow because today is my "cheat" day. It's my brother's birthday so we're heading out for lunch. Hoping to get home by around 4:00 since they're predicting such terrible weather late afternoon into the evening. Storms are coming which is fine but the threat of tornado watch has me a little scared. Please prayer for all the midwest states and have a great day
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #80  
~Star~

Teacher - Congrats on your low!!!! Look at that ticker! YAY!!! Will definitely keep you all in prayers for the tornado watch to be just precaution and nothing materializing
Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #81  

Teacher - congratulations on a new low and a new decade!!!! How wonderful!!! 15 is a big milestone! I hope you enjoy your day - thinking anti-tornadic thoughts for you. Stay safe.

ItsMy - hope you're having a good weekend with your kids!

Nothing too exciting on my end today. Scale was at 130.1 today, so still hovering at the 130 mark. Maybe tomorrow. We took the girls to an amusement park today and I rode 6 different roller coasters...love them! It was very interesting to go on all those rides as a 130 pound person. In the past, the coaster harnesses (especially for the upside down coasters) were a tight and uncomfortable fit. I will say...never thought I'd live to see the day I complained about this...but I don't have enough padding on my butt anymore and some of the ride seats were too hard on my tailbone. LOL! After we got home, DH and I went out for a 6.5 mile hike, so between the theme park walking and the hike, I think I'm done for the day in the workout department. Gorgeous weather here today and supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. DD12 has a soccer game so it should be a perfect day for it.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 212/194/136

Height: 5' 6"

I'm almost there. Weighed in at 200 even today.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #83  
~Star~

Sushi - You are SOOO CLOSE!!!! I can't wait to welcome you in! Any day now!!!!

dogdays - that sounds like a FABULOUS day!!!! The roller coasters sound like a blast! What a great feeling to be so low on the scale going on the rides now! That's a funny NSV too Glad you can say that now though!

Jen - Hello!!!! Check in with us and let us know what's going on.

As for me - what a day! I didn't wear HRM at all, so no idea the caloric burn, but it's GOT to be up there!
Started with walking. Went to a store that sells 2nd hand books, dvds, etc there (everything rare, even trinkets, are there)... turned in 3 dance dvds that I don't use, got store credit and got 2 bootcamp dvds that I will use and only ended up paying $4 out of pocket... SCORE!
Then we went to the kennel/humane society cause DD16 had a project where that would be the best place to research. TONS of walking and playing with a variety of animals... 4 hrs later, we also had another dog DH was not impressed at first, but is already attached... WIN!
Once we got home, an early supper so DH could finally get sleep after working all night, before he had to go in tonight.
Once the bellies settled, DD16, DS and I all did the Extreme Abs Bootcamp. Then, because we are masochists (and too dang competitive for our own good), DS and I did 40 mins of Ultimate Bootcamp. I couldn't finish the hour, but went until I was so worn I thought I would pass out.
THEN... after a half hour of cooling down, DS and I took the doggies out for a good long walk. If this day didn't burn calories, don't know what will,
I did cheat and have KFC for supper, but it's cause it was too late to cook and DH had to have something to eat before bed. Although, I am now working on my 4th quart of water, so I should have no issue flushing out the sodium
Have a great night!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #84  

Sushi - Yay!!! So close! Keep up the good work...can't wait to celebrate your victory!

ItsMy - what a busy day you had!! Congratulations on your new family member. How is the pup transitioning into your home? Pics please!! I've only once been able to go to the humane society and leave without another family member, LOL. One year, my oldest wanted a big birthday pool party (like 20 friends) but didn't want all the presents she'd amass from such such a large event (she's not a big fan of being the center of attention), so in lieu of gifts, she asked party goers to bring animal supplies to donate to the humane society. We collected a HUGE van load and dropped it off at the shelter and the shelter workers invited my DD in to help feed and socialize the animals. We fell in LOVE with a sweet little bulldog, but she wasn't adoptable because she wasn't good with cats (and we have 3). I was almost grateful because we did NOT need another dog, but sad too because she was just so sweet and really connected with our DD. Anyway...hope you had a good night home with your new friend and THANK YOU for adopting a rescue animal. You ROCK in my book!

Finally some exciting news. My refusal to go off plan and eat theme park food and my 6.5 mile hike yesterday paid off big time!! A new decade this morning. The decade I've been waiting for.

129.6 this morning!!!! Here's hoping I get to hang on to it...I wasted no time changing my ticker, LOL!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #85  
~Star~

Dogdays - CONGRATS!!!! New decade!!!! That is so awesome!!!!! Meanwhile, after all that, I got on scale and was up?? 192 this morning. I really do think it's time for me to ditch the scale, but I don't "feel" anything but smaller. So weird
As for the doggie, he is transitioning nicely! He and my other dog are getting along like buds I always do rescue dogs, OR... if I find an animal (they have fallen into our laps before) that is stray/abandoned/malnourished, we take them in to get them healthy and then we find a good home for them. We have had a cat (which me and DD16 are allergic to) that we needed to do this with as well as a chihuahua. Both are in the perfect match forever homes for them. DH won't let me foster animals or kids because he knows I would never give either of them back - I would be a "foster fail", Kids, animals, and elderly rely on us for care... how can someone NOT want to take them and protect them for all they are worth? LOL!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #86  

Wow, ladies some great news going on!

dogdays- wow 129 so impressed. You have suck willpower on not getting that amusement park food. I love roller coasters too. I can't wait for my Disneyland trip at the end of July

star- a new furkid So exciting. That was one busy day!

sushi- wow, I hope to follow in you footsteps soon.

jen & kay- hi

All is sunny and safe here in Kansas. I had the roughest night with losing power and having to take shelter from the tornadoes in the basement bathroom with my DH and 2 furkids. It was very intense. I don't think I've ever been through all that in the darkness of the night. All the tornado warnings I remember seem to be late afternoon, so you can at least see what is happening. There was damage around Wichita, some people lost their homes. A mobile home park was hit and many business were damaged, no deaths but a few minor injuries. My stomach is still in knots from all the drama. So thankful today! Up a pound but I think it's from the cheat meal and stress.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #87  
~Star~

Teacher - Sooooo glad you all are ok!!! You were in my thoughts last night. Love hearing good news on that!!!!

50 mins of a new Tae Bo that my DS and I have decided is the hardest, most intense one he has out (that we have). We both are hurting. I turned around and took the doggies out for a walk/run after and it seemed to loosen me up a bit. Shower felt awesome. Still haven't lost even a half a pound...what?!? I am thinking time to throw scale out the window
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #88  

Teacher - so glad you are safe. The pictures on the news discussing those storms are horrible. I hope the areas can recover quickly. Tornados scare me...not something I've lived through as they're not very common in our area.

Itsmy - I agree...time to toss that scale! Do you have access to a different one just to compare? I swear, you're going to enjoy one heck of a whoosh when the time comes! Hopefully soon. Just keep on keeping on, otherwise you'll REALLY come to hate the scale! Glad your doggies are happily adjusting to one another.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #89  
~Star~

dogdays - I am with you, no tornadoes here either, or in the state I used to live in.
I am definitely not stopping the battle. I AM starting to wonder if I am reacting to something I do eat though. It's common for those with IBS and RA to have issues losing weight, but ... this has taken me to a whole other level of wtf? LOL! I had DH get on the scale just to insure its accuracy and it was on the money... so it has to be me. I am starting to wonder if I need to be gluten free and try that - but have to tell you, not sure I am willing to go there. I KNOW I wouldn't sustain it as I have become almost addicted to my morning blueberry muffin at work, I have already cut lactose out of the diet completely, but that was for medical reasons... to have to cut something else, would actually worry me on what I would eat? Guess we will have to wait, do some research, as the nutritionist and the dr to see what they say
Old 04-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #90  

star- that is weird on the scale. Yes, talking with the doctor might give some insight.

dogdays- yes, clean up is still happening. Everyone here in Kansas is just thankful for no deaths. But it is hard watching all these people lose their homes.

jen, kay, and sushi- hi

It's a beautiful day here. I did the elip 30 min and walked the dogs. I need to start studying for my test tomorrow but keep putting it off. Only 4 more weeks of class. The last class is on May 8. I'm so ready to be done!