Old 03-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

teacher, thank you, yes I did get the paper done. I did not get my "turnitin report" before I posted it, but I took a chance so I could get it posted by the deadline. It is not the best one I have done, but it will work for a grade. I am glad your mom is well.

kay, I hope you get everything you want accomplished done.

star, our trees get to be about 12 feet tall, and then they decide to put out the bananas, however, the climate is not the best for them. I will try to get pictures of them while they put out clusters, it is wierd, because the tree sends out what looks like a long phallus and then it starts to cluster. the trees leaves are beautiful. We have about 20 on the property right now but that will soon became alot more.

well, at least the scale showed 195.4. I think my cycle is going to return, and then it doesn't. I think I might be retaining fluids because I am trying to ovulate, don't really know. Been watching my temperatures in the morning.

Don't know what I want to do as far as a diet. I might go back to the points plus thing, I don't know, I feel so discouraged about dieting right now. I have no energy to do chores, I feel depressed, and I can't stand the thought of exercise.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

A warm welcome to you Enygirl!! Good luck on your journey and thanks for popping in to join us. We love us a good ONEderland party!!

Jen - glad you got your paper turned in. Sorry your cycle is returning and wrecking havoc on the scale. I know that feeling well. Ovulation is my biggest water retention time. So annoying. I too am fascinated by your banana trees. I've seen some on vacation, but LOVE the idea of living near them! It would be such a novelty to me!

Teacher - glad your sunshine returned and you enjoyed your time with your family this past weekend. Good luck with your busy week!

Kay - thanks for popping in. I hope your week goes well!!

Itsmy - I wish I loved strength training more...sigh...but I have to admit it...I really despise it. I do it, but more as a necessary evil. My DH shakes his head giggling about my reaction and reluctance to do it, as he feels the same as you. I can't explain why, but I think I'm just a cardio girl at heart. Oh well...LOL!

As for me - crazy busy weekend. Four soccer games (three outside...brrr) and one birthday party for oldest DD's friend. Before I blinked, the weekend was over. I went off plan yesterday because I hadn't in a while and I knew I really needed to change it up as I've been 100% on plan with eating for a very long time. I'm up about 1.5 pounds today because of it, but I'm okay with it. I've definitely reached a point, mentally, where I'm fine with a very slow end to the weight loss part of my journey. DH and I started a tennis class tonight and despite it being VERY cold, we had a fabulous time. It was nice to schedule time together. We've always enjoyed playing tennis together. I was very pleased to not be the slowest or most out of shape person there (far from it, LOL!) and I was able to keep up with the running and conditioning drills. I was really proud of myself. It's the simple things in life sometimes, LOL!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #18  

dogdays, yay for playing tennis. I know how it feels to NOT want to be the one most out of shape in a room. that is an awesome NSV btw. I will definitely share the pics when they look in a better condition--they overwinter and look terrible right now. I feel the way you do about cardio. Some people are made for cardio and others for weight training. Really, a person made for strength training has a different muscle composition than one made for cardio.

I only like strength training when my heart is pumping, so I will do things to get my heart rate up then do a few moves, then go back to bringing my heart up then go back to a few strength moves.

well, I had an awesome day today, thanks for the prayers. I got up and felt miserable. i thought this sucks, I have so much to do, and I can't lift a finger. Plus, my lo was making me feel defeated because he screamed every time I got in the mode to do something.

I remembered I have some Ashwaganda, I actually took this a little while right before I got pregnant...I thought what can it hurt. so I took it and wow did I feel energized, almost hyper. I did some laundry, cooked chicken on the grill, cleaned the toilet, shower, and did dishes. I also planted the 3 tomato plants we have. so pretty productive. I still feel pretty good. I hope I can sleep.

I ate a little more chocolate then I should have, but maybe I did ok food wise.we'll see.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #19  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jen and Dogdays - Good morning!!!! I am one of those weird people, I love both! I love the tension release from strength training: what a great feeling to push your muscles to the limits, feel the pulling inside, knowing they are increasing while taking tension away.... but..... there is also very little that compares to that feeling that you can get through cardio: that feeling when you are pushing yourself, about 20 mins in on a run when your body all of a sudden feels like it hit "neutral" and you could go forever - adrenaline rush/runners high (but get it from more than just running), whatever you want to call it, is amazing too! I only wish I had more time in a day so I could fit more in... I LOVE me some workout time! :P

Kay - Was great to see ya, even if it was brief Have an awesome week and remember to breathe girl!!!!

Teacher - Hello!!!!! Hope you are having an awesome day!!!

Yesterday I woke up early and went on elliptical in morning before work. I got up before my alarm went off at 3:30am, so made use of the time...not today though, LOL! I am so hoping to bust through my plateau I have held for months, but am also prepping for TOM, so which will happen first? Feels like a roulette wheel, Red or Black Sorry - coffee has me feeling funny and clever today (I said feeling, not that I actually WAS) LOL! I had taken DH to urgent care Sunday morning - he had slept for days... has upper respiratory infection. Dr took him out of work for another couple days and he has still been sleeping pretty steady - can't wait for him to feel more like himself again. I am feeling better though, so hoping to get in my strength training tonight as long as I can fit it in. Of course with DH "down", I have been doing his stuff and mine, so not sure when I get home and do supper, meds, etc, if time will allow... going to try though! Hope you all have a super wonderful day!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #20  

star, sorry about hubby, I hope you get a nice whoosh after TOM.

well, I don't know what all I did wrong, find out that if you eat sweet potatoes, corn, grapefruit, and such. . .thyroid hormone will be hindered. I did all of that.
plus, I ate a lot of chocolate.

result--wake up with a huge migraine. I did not know about grapefruit--that is so wierd. Before I got diagnosed with hashimotos, I was having migraines every other day--so painful.

I did workout last night, I did strength moves with an elevated heart rate. I felt pretty good but could not sleep.

I hope today, gets better, the headache was an 8 this morning, now it is an annoying 6,

also woke up to a 3 lb drop from yesterday. And poor milk supply....sigh. Trying to get the supply back up with fluids and nursing time tea. Poor baby. He was so frustrated this morning.

Last edited by jendiet; 03-27-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

So lately there's bee a picture of a woman with her head hung in shame with the phrase "I'm ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike bar" next to her. Today, I AM this anecdote. I have felt like crap all day. I've had a headache, tired, just overall blah... so instead of upping the water (because I'm probably dehydrated) and working out to increase the endorphins, I turned to food. Wait, not just food - but a 1220 calorie Baskin Robbins Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Premium Sundae. yea -1220!!! And you know what - it DID NOT make me feel better! It didn't take care of my tiredness, headache, or sourpuss mood... no, it made me feel WORSE about myself! I logged my calories in and I had gone WAY over before I even GOT to dinner!!! UGH So, I laid down to sleep off the headache, drank some water, did the first level of Slim in 6 DVD, and you know what, I FEEL BETTER! Since I do my calorie counting based on a budget, I got to put 299 calories back into my day from what I burned... as great as that is, I still only have 9 left for the day.

HOWEVER, I'm glad that although I made a really bad choice, I wised up and remedied it somewhat. Tomorrow's another day, and I WILL make better choices!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

enygirl- feel better

jen- yum tomato plants. I love tomatoes big time! You have such a green thumb- I'm jealous.

kay- hi

dogdays- tennis lessons sound like fun. The DH and I used to play tennis when he lived in an apartment. It's a great workout.

star- 3:30am workout- you're my new hero! I hope your husband feels better soon.

I subbed today and had class tonight. So no workout. Trying to pump myself up to heading to the y tomorrow. We'll see how the ligament feels in the morning.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #23  

eny, you made a poor decision, but you learn from those decisions. Remember the taste of that sundae compared to what you expected it to be---chances are it wasn't as great as you THOUGHT it would be.

Now compare that with the idea of how good it feels to be on plan and in charge, you took back control by doing the dvd, and you felt better. The headache might have been from the blood sugar spike. I am proud of you for dusting yourself off and getting up and changing your day.

teacher, I hope you have fun at the y tomorrow. My thumb isn't that green. I killed an ivy--is that possible???

so today was miserable with the migraine and the continued loll in supply. I found out my supply will drop in response to ovulation and menstruation, plus, he doesn't like the taste so much when these events occur.

so battling a headache all day and a very fussy baby--I really didn't get much of anything done, but I'm going to do a small workout and see how that makes me feel and I will remember that feeling for later.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #24  

194 today. My muscles are pretty sore. I also did a yoga routine last night. I got some comments from the SO while I was doing them, but I completed it.

I feel really bloated today, I hope my body will get rid of this feeling soon.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #25  
~Star~

Jen - I totally hope for a whoosh after TOM... I would love to break this plateau I have been on since December-ish Or at least match my "low"... with being ill lately though, not sure if that will happen - I tend to still hold fluids when RA acts up from being sick. Not discouraged though. I look at where I was a year ago and am so pleased! I have more stamina, have more ability for activities, and actually able to run :O I went from a tight size 18 pant to a junior size 11... I have many positives in a year and I focus on those during this LONG plateau. I have also lost 4 1/2 inches off just my waist since the plateau hit - so still transforming, just in different ways then the scale indicates

Sorry to hear of your migraine. Those are the worst feelings ever. To also have the milk issue which makes for a fussy babes, doesn't help I am sure. I will hope and pray this passes quickly for you. Glad you were able to do your yoga though - despite comments from the peanut gallery... so proud that YOU finished for YOU... YOU deserve that!

Enygirl - they call that, a learning experience You were logging, so you stayed accountable and that is super! Look at your positives while you learn. I know I was shocked to learn what some foods contained that I had eaten for years before doing this. Learn from it... and honestly, consider it a "spike" day that throws off your metabolism I am sorry you felt the need to beat yourself up for it, just realize it's done and stay on plan for today... you can totally own this

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

I flaked on the y But I got in a walk with the dogs. Trying to get stuff done around the house because I sub on Thurs and Fri. My parents leave tonight for KC for a trip until Sat. So my life will get super busy taking care of my brother and sister and subbing for my mom.

I hope everyone has a good day!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #27  
~Star~

Teacher - Sounds like you have taken on plenty activity to replace the Y for sure! You are going to be busy busy busy Sending you some good, stay on plan, vibes!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Thanks girls! I was proud of myself, and today I've made better choices.

Here's a question for you all... Do you have a number of calories to burn per day goal? I know most people will have a minutes goal for the day/week/month, but what about number of calories burnt? Now that I've been working out a bit more (you know, at all...) I've been contemplating this number. I'm thinking that 300 calories burnt is where I'm going to start, and adjust accordingly. Thoughts? comments? Anything? The last time I did the losing weight thing with any success I worked in an office with a lady that is a personal trainer on the side, and she did all the numbers work for me. Now that I've moved, she's at a different company, and we no longer are in contact, I have to do this on my own.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #29  

star, those are amazing NSV, and I wouldn't even give the scale a second thought if I saw half of that improvement in my own stats.

teacher, I agree you are super busy, and that is enough calorie expenditure to compensate for not going to the y

eny, I don't really try to focus on numbers, I obsess too much and then get frustrated and give up. I do try to walk at least 10,000 steps per day, when I remember to set my pedometer.

supply is still lagging a little, don't know if my body will actually ovulate, but I sure hope it gets over this because I need some kind of rhythm and don't like having a lower milk supply!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #30  
~Star~

Jen - thank you. I just can't help but think that scale WILL move eventually though. I love the other improvements, but seems something must "give" eventually on that scale, Hormones seem to be wreaking havoc on the milk supply for you this week... hopefully it will regulate out soon for you

Enygirl - I don't set a number of calories to burn and here is why. If I am doing cardio, then it's easier to get a higher caloric burn, but when I do my strength training, I don't burn as many calories up front. However, here's the benefit. Cardio is great for endurance - and it burns WHILE you are working out. However with strength - I have seen a big difference in "shape" and with the more muscle building, I continue to burn AFTER the workout is completed. Both have benefits, so try to incorporate both. When my scheduling/life allows, I like to do strength 3x/wk and on alternating days I do cardio. I don't work weekends, so on one of those days, I do try to incorporate both. For cardio, I push to progress on amount or intensity I can handle and for strength my progression comes in the amount of weight I lift. As long as there is progression, your body won't get "used to" the exercise and will continue to be effective. Hope that helps!