Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #196  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

Thanks ladies for this competition -- BTW, I JUST realized this was 30's thread; I am 44 going on 35 Don't kick me out

Everyone have a FAB day!
I'm almost 43
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #197  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ladies..
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I am finally back on track and the scale actually went in the right direction today. Not my weigh in day, but hopefully by Thursday it will be a great loss. Thanks for all the encouragement!!

Fyrflie good for you getting your hubby involved and signing up for a nutritionist. That's awesome. You'll have your weight off in no time.

Kate I here ya on the books. I have a few that I've been reading or going through for inspiration my 3 so far are
Taste Of Home Skinny crock pot meals
Taste of Home recipes and
Diabetes crock pot meals.

Not the same ones as you, but still trying to figure out more recipes.. Oh and low fat cooking for dummies..

Well,I hope everyone is doing great and going strong!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #198  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

No worries about not being in your 30's!

AngMac Welcome to the challenge. I've added you to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

You can update your weights on the sheet each week. There is also a place for a monthly bust-waist-hips measurement. I'm going to have to remember to get my measurements updated for January.

I've had a busy week and I'm back on track pretty much and feeling good.

You all seem to be doing so well! Great work! Keep it up!
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 178/155/126

Height: 5"7

Sorry, I went totally MIA, forgot completely to weigh in and had a terrible week, will check the scale on Thursday, not looking forward to it!
Sungseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #200  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sungseng ~ Sorry to hear about the bad week, but hey, tomorrow is another day. Just get back on that wagon and leave that bad week in the dust.

sassy ~ That is great news about the scale moving in the right direction. Hope you see what you are looking for come the weigh in.

Sum ~ That is AWESOME news about your jeans. Those NSV's are the best. No worries, we wouldn't think of it. We love having ya here. Keep up the good work. Nah, I haven't watched any videos (though when I'm done here I plan on it ) I have been to that website though. I think it is peopleofwalmart.com or something like that and you don't know whether to shake your head or laugh. People never cease to amaze me.

Firefly ~ Oh wow, a nutritionist...that sounds exciting. Reading about all that bike riding just kills my thighs just thinking about it. Good luck though, sounds like you are well on your way to not only reaching your goals but enjoying the process as well and at the end of the day that is what will sustain us.

As for me, it has been a good weekend. I struggle with myself a bit on these higher calorie days though. I know that I need the higher calorie days to boost my metabolism and to indulge myself so I am not depriving myself. At the same time, I'm thinking that I could be closer to my goal and getting higher deficits if I ate my usual calorie allotment. I know that is all irrational though. Last time around I was super strict about all things concerning my diet and exercise and at the end of the day it was not sustainable. This is slower for me and probably something that will make it easier come time to maintain as well.

In any case, I'm about to start work. So you ladies have a good Monday.

Last edited by Delphi; 01-08-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 283/229.6/160

Height: 5'6

I'd love to join the challenge, can I add my info to the spreadsheet?
Melokoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 91.5kg/90.8kg/72kg

Hello ladies!

Can I join in? I am new here but not new to weight loss and dieting (unfortunately). Back in 2007/08 I lost 18kg over a period of 6 months but unfortunately all of them and more came back during my pregnancy in 2009 Now I am struggling to loose them again and I feel my age is working against me. i can see it will be harder this time around but I am determined ot get back to healthy weight!

SW: 201.3lb / 30,2 BMI
CW: 199.8lb / 30,2 BMI
GW: 158 lb / 23.8 BMI

42lb to loose!

Last edited by Aleara; 01-09-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Aleara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #203  
On my way to a better me

S/C/G: 174/169.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Sum no unfortunately I can't use TOM as an excuse. I had a partial hysterectomy several years ago. I'm sure it has to do with water weight and the fact that I've just started working out again. Probably not drinking enough water and it's causing my muscles to trap every bit they can. Or something along those lines anyway. Lol.

Well it's Monday, the start of a new week and chance for me to make it better!

Have a great week ladies!
AngMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #204  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

ahhhhh TOM is here!!!! watch me go up this week!

Good luck this week ladies and welcome to the newbies!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #205  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngMac View Post
Sum no unfortunately I can't use TOM as an excuse. I had a partial hysterectomy several years ago. I'm sure it has to do with water weight and the fact that I've just started working out again. Probably not drinking enough water and it's causing my muscles to trap every bit they can. Or something along those lines anyway. Lol.

Well it's Monday, the start of a new week and chance for me to make it better!

Have a great week ladies!
My weight loss came to a screeching halt when I started weight training, and yes, water water water...and green tea, helped tremendously!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #206  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Aleara and Melokoton I've added your names to the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Feel free to go on and enter your SW, CW, GW, and measurements if desired. The spreadsheet automatically saves when you make updates. Weekly weigh-ins begin on Thursdays. So you CW will go in the Jan 5th column. You can update any day that works for you.

Welcome to the challenge!
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #207  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

alero and melo

insideme ~ Goodluck with TOM.

angmac ~ Water is key..but for me, no matter how much I drink my body just wants to retain, retain, retain and I have no clue why either. Our bodys are one of those fascinating things that does what it does regardless of what we do sometimes. Can be frustrating but we just have to weather the storm I suppose.

Well just checking in. All this talk of water retention and yet again, I am doing the same. I think it has a lot to do with the gum I'm chewing. I have noticed that chewing gum with sorbitol in it causes me to bloat and even have really bad cramping, so I am going to lay off the orbit gum and see if I straighten out. In any case, you ladies keep up the good work.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #208  
On my way to a better me

Well up and at 'em!!! I have a free session with a personal trainer in an hour. I'm sooooo excited but really nervous all at the same time. Hope she can at least point me in the right direction. I need it! Wish me luck and have a great day all!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #209  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, dears! I'm at 202.3 today. Holding steady... its like my body knows whats coming and and wants... me... to... wait. And WAIT. Lol.

Oh well, I'll keep going. I ate really well yesterday, and plan to today, so that should result in something... something good, hopefully. I want to AT LEAST be at 199 in Jan. Gracious, lol, this is harder than my 3 month plateau when I was on plan the whole time and worked out daily! CRAZY BODY!

Go Ang! I've always wanted to just have a trainer for like a week, to get some instructions and make sure what I'm doing is actually benefitting me physically, as opposed to just helping me lose weight...

Delph, Fyre & sassy: I read "food" books all the time.. they just used to be bad-for-me-cookbooks, lol! I've always had an interest in nutrition, and this weigh loss thing has just brought it all out! (And I still eat chicken! I love me some chicken!! )

Sum That's a good idea, about the audio books... If I do the outside walking in the spring, I'm gonna do that... I wouldn't want to be hit by a car because I'm reading, lol..

Remember to KEEP GOING everyone! Don't let your "slips" make you fall off the wagon!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #210  
On my way to a better me

Wow. 15 mins with the PT and she kicked my butt!!! That's what I need tho! I so wish I could afford to see her at least once or twice a month so she could keep me moving in the right direction and motivated. Oh well, at least Ive started. That counts for something.