Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #256  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I'm up for the challenge! A bakini is the reason I want to do this so badly in the first place.
I've added you to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

If you weigh in today or tomorrow, put your CW in the Jan 12th column, after that use the Jan 19th column. There is also a place for your SW (same as CW), GW, and monthly measurements. The spreadsheet automatically saves your updates.

Good luck!
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #257  

Thanks so much for the add! I am so excited to join in and can't wait to make this happen for myself.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #258  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

laurie2275 and novangel!

katelee ~ Sounds like a plan to me. I think I am stalling out as well to. For the life of me I can't understand it. I guess we can just weather the storm together...eh?

prairegirl
~ You know, I think you are right. Though I refuse to date. I really don't know what happened along the line, but I guess I'm one of those sterotypes that was burned one to many times. On top of that I was always with someone and never had time to figure out who I was and what I wanted. So for the past 6 years, I haven't dated and pushed all advances away and regardless of what my grandmother says, I am quite happy I did. Funny what you learn about yourself when you can focus on yourself. Now being with someone feels a bit foreign to me. So, like you I am assuming Mr.Right is out there and when the time is right, God willing, our paths will cross.

Well as I mentioned to Katelee, I am stalling out. I really don't know what the deal is. By the numbers, I should be down to 183 by now and stuck at 185, 186, 185.0, 186.2 blah blah blah! I watch my sodium intake religiously, but I am so bloated almost every day and even those sweat sessions on the eliptical aren't getting it. I just wonder if this time around my weighing is wonky because of my schedule. I get up at like 2:45 and that is when I weigh and I also weight before bed which is at 7 am (because even though it is at the end of the day it is a great indicator of what I will weigh in the morning. I'm usually always up 2 pounds when I weigh at night) So, I don't know what I should change. I've been desperately trying to get on a first shift position but in our industry, those with years of service are the ones granted with day shift positions. Then my food is okay, don't understand what I should change to shift things about. All I know is that I need to "bust a move" promptly. Any suggestions?
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #259  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

We should form a plateau club, Delphi... lol. I'm at 202 again today. The excitement of possibly being 201 isn't even present at my morning weigh in's like it was last week, lol... SO... sigh. I'm watching my sodium, too, and drinking my water.. And I'm "regular" so I know there's nothing hiding in there, HAH, but I'm still not losing anything. I didn't have any bad carbs the past 2 days either.. UGH. Upping my workouts on Sunday till now have resulted in sore muscles, so I PRAY that I'm just repairing things internally and I'm not at a new plateau like I was Sept/Oct/Nov of 2011.. Where I was in the 220's and could NOT get out of them. I had to drop my calories then, and I really don't want to do that now... So.. loss for words, lol... Sigh.

Keep going!! That's my mantra and I gotta stick to it!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #260  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

kateleestar and Delphi:
I swear, when I was hovering around 200, it was just messing with me for a week or so, maybe longer. I got close then TOM, then hovered... I almost fell over when I finally crossed the line because it had been so long and when I did I was like 198. I don't know what it is, but I've heard this so many times! Insideme hovered too if I remember correctly. Stick with it, whooshes are coming!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #261  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My hovering line seems to be between 175-185. That is where I got to in my last weight loss journey before caving and regaining plus more. That is where I got to before the holiday splurge this year and then gained gang busters with all the carbs I'm not used to. I'm hoping, really hoping I'll cross the 175 barrier soon and never see it again. And with my goal being 160 maybe it will be forever gone.

For me I think it has a lot to do with the invisible line of 200 too (and I had a bit of a hump at 200). It marks the 100 pounds lost line... I got over it once right before the holidays, only to go back over it during the holidays. Grrr!!!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-18-2012 at 09:09 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #262  
Size 6 Here I Come!

S/C/G: 202/189/159

Height: 5'10"

Ok girls, TOM is coming on Thursday. This is the first time I have dieted in a loooooooooong time so bear with me. How much weight are you all gaining around TOM time? How much before, during, after? Is it really a huge variable? I hope it is because I was up a pound today and I am soooo frusterated. I really hope its TOM doing it!!!! HELP!!!......discouraged!
LMMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 155/145/120

Height: 5ft4in

I wud love to join this challenge!!! I'v been hovering around mid 150's for some time now!! My goal is mid 120's..
Loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #264  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

loseit

Lmommy ~ TOM for me is horrible. I am always up about 5 pounds before, during and after my period. Then again, I'm 3 days on then 1 day off and then finally 1 or 2 days back on when it comes to TOM. I know not to believe the scale to well over a week after I am sure I have finished my cycle. No worries though, TOM messes with all of our cycles.

Berryblondes ~ I definitely here on that invisible line at 200. The first time around that was a huge stalling point for me as well. It seems like all the big transition weights I stall out at though. The 200/199 mark and then there was the 193/189 area and then so on and so forth. Our bodies definitely fight us every step of the way. Just wish it would understand we are trying to help it not starve it.

fyrefly ~ I sure hope you are right. I know how you feel! Couldn't tell you how frustrating it is to stall and then TOM comes and it seems like a whole month has been by with no results. I guess I use my body and not the scale as an indicator though. If my clothes feel better than I know I am doing something right. How are things coming along for you?

katelee ~ Lets do it.. I hear ya on the calorie drop though. I really can't wait until I hit maintenance, so that my calories will actually go up and stay that way.

Well FINALLY the I saw the scale go down today. So just 4 more to get out of these pesky 180s. They have really drove me crazy this time around. In any case, I'm in the market to buy another vehicle and vehicle shopping is driving me crazy. People will try to make you believe the sky is green to sell you something. Anyone own a sport utility vehicle? I'm think with my 3 boys getting so big, I need something with more room and cargo space but a little hesitant about the size of those things. I have always preferred my little cars, low to the ground.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #265  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreflie24 View Post
kateleestar and Delphi:
I swear, when I was hovering around 200, it was just messing with me for a week or so, maybe longer. I got close then TOM, then hovered... I almost fell over when I finally crossed the line because it had been so long and when I did I was like 198. I don't know what it is, but I've heard this so many times! Insideme hovered too if I remember correctly. Stick with it, whooshes are coming!
SHOCK, I'm at 202 again today. ALTHOUGH, lol, this is after upping my workout last night by doing a little HIIT add-in-thing (that I found on Pintrest!), AND going out for hibachi for my cousin's birthday. SO, my insane mind is thinking - hey now, all that salt and sore muscles, you can't REALLY BE still at 202. So.. I shall keep going.

SIGH. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi
katelee ~ Lets do it.. I hear ya on the calorie drop though. I really can't wait until I hit maintenance, so that my calories will actually go up and stay that way.
We shall! We will keep going! Because we don't ever want to go back again... I flew on my honeymoon at around 250, and then I flew again for my 30th bday last month, and I was at 205ish, and WOAH what a diff in my butt on that seat. I had this teensy realization then that I'm never going back. Never. And this is one of those times that it BLOWS to high heaven, but I will never go back. We shall be strong and we will overcome!

Welcome Loseit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys
For me I think it has a lot to do with the invisible line of 200 too (and I had a bit of a hump at 200). It marks the 100 pounds lost line... I got over it once right before the holidays, only to go back over it during the holidays. Grrr!!!
So so so glad this mysterious 200 line isn't just me, lol... It is a big thing, I guess. It'll be my 80lbs lost, but.. I haven't been under 200 in YEARS!

LMmommy... I'm a water holder, lol, I save it for the life of me (even while I drink 100 - 140 oz a day!) and I've gained as much as 12lbs during TOM. However, lol, I ususally drop a solid lb, lb & a 1/2 just after (plus all the water weight), so its okay. I'm on Seasonique, though, so I don't know if the period-every-4-months has anything to do with that, or my parts are just CRAZY.

And Delphi, we have a Mazda CX-9 and LOVE IT. (I also have a Mazda 3 and LOVE THAT too, lol...)
Old 01-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #266  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I did hover at the 200's which seemed like FOREVER! The scale would taunt me it's digital and would go from 199 to 200 and flip between and then rest at 201 or 200.8 or something ridiculous like that. Just keep plugging away at it and before you know it you will hit ONEDERLAND!!! Good luck!

I'm home today from work, both my kids are sick (agggg awful night with no sleep) but I'm glad to say I am 188lbs Whoop!

I'm getting super serious now since it's 2012, giving up the booze (cause I like to party) and started tracking my calories on my phone app....this has been a tricker for m in the past but I'm trying to be healthy about it this time around and really sticking to it....my mind keeps trying to get me control it lower and lower but I know that's my trigger so I'm not listening to that voice. If it starts to really trigger me I'll have to stop counting but it's helping so much more!

LMmommy with TOM I can go up a good 5lbs in water wait. I get so bloated (could be gas too not sure if gas weighs anything! LOL) and I usually fluctuate a few days before TOM and the scale doesn't move until a few days after it's done. I just finished TOM on Saturday and finally saw a loss 2 days ago...this is when I see losses the 2 weeks after TOM, that's it, it either stays the same or goes up slightly as TOM approaches! So hang in there and if your on plan then just know it's water weight
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #267  
On my way to a better me

S/C/G: 174/169.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Well ladies I was down to 169 today, only down like .2 lbs but better than nothing considering the butt kicking workouts my hubby has had me doing. I know when we have sore muscles (and I'm talking so sore I could barely make it up and down my stairs at home-lol) we tend to weigh more. I'm just gonna keep it up. Right now I'm not as worried about the scale as I am wanting to notice my clothes firing looser. I know that day is coming.

Delphi I'm so sorry to hear about what you had to endure with losing a child. I can't imagine. However, I totally agree that it makes us stronger.

Well ladies if I don't get back on her before Saturday, have a great weekend!
AngMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #268  
On my way to a better me

S/C/G: 174/169.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Delphi also forgot....I wish I could find a work from home job with a reputable company, but it's so hard. You're very lucky!!!! Even if I had to go back to working nights, it would be worth it to be able to be there for my kids and husband more than I can right now!!!
AngMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #269  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Delphi: Have you tried shaking things up a bit? Have you tried a bit of calorie cycling?What is your calorie intake? Keeping up with water etc? Your body just might need some time to catch up to the weight loss too, you’ve lost a lot girl! I’m in that weird place where everything is big and I’m getting some new stuff so clothing does help, you’re right! I guess I just keep looking at my size 6 jeans and that’s still a bit away.

Kateleestar: Do you drink green tea? Helps me tremendously especially when I’m eating any kind of Chinese/Japanese food! I have a CX-9 too!

InsideMe: Have you tried an ‘exchange’ type program? I was just thinking then you’re controlling it but not counting calories. Just a thought

I'm doing well. I'm working with a nutritionist to balance eating for fuel when cycling and weight loss. So far, it's going well and I'm averaging about 2.5 lbs a week. The difference is I'm largely seeing just a steady weight loss instead of the scale bouncing everywhere. I'll take it! If I am holding on to anything, it seems the long weekend training rides are blowing that all away. I'm trying to focus on training though my motivation for weight training has been a challenge. Not sure why. Need to get that scheduled out!

Hey Everyone! Hope it's all going well!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #270  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreflie24 View Post
Kateleestar: Do you drink green tea? Helps me tremendously especially when I’m eating any kind of Chinese/Japanese food! I have a CX-9 too!
I do! I just had some this morning. I usually only have 2 cups of it a day... and 2 cups of regular black tea. And a cup of coffee, and about 100ish oz oz water. I pee a lot.

I just like to hold on to water, its just what my body does, lol... I have peed, TMI lol, a ton today so I'm hoping its leaving me, but... man oh man, are the backs of my arms and the insides of my thighs SORE as all get out. WHEW. The workouts are working, I just have to have patience and let them.

And my DH has the cx-9. Its too giant for me to want to drive every day! lol. I have a 3, and I LOVE IT. He actually saw this "perfect" cx-9 on cars.com and wants to go look at it, but we don't need another one. Unless he gets a good deal on a trade, I'm not for it! Haha.

Keep going everyone!! June will be here before we know it!!

Last edited by kateleestar; 01-19-2012 at 01:29 PM.