Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #226  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

prairegirl ~ That is awesome about your date. I do hope it goes well. I give up the dating scene like 5 years ago and still struggle with even wanting to find "someone." I have no outfit suggestions as I am your simple t-shirt and jeans type of girl. Though regardless you have earned this and I am sure you will look smokin'.

Lmommy ~ First of all on getting into those jeans. That is an awesome milestone. Yes, TOM does mean "Time of the month"

sassyangies ~ on getting back on the wagon. Now this time it is your time to fly girlfriend. You CAN do this.

pearl ~ to our little slice of 3FC heaven.

shanhat ~ At least you improvised and that is awesome. That really tells the tale. It really shows how dedicated you are.

katelee ~ I was thinking to myself "4 billion" times and I was beside myself. The only time I believe I have ever had to relieve myself so much was during my pregnancies..and oh the horror. In any case, for us all that "relieving" ourselves is a good sign. I'm sure you are gonna get a whoosh real soon. Viva La Whoosh!!!

sum ~ You're my hero. Way to go on those 2 pounds. You are well on your way.

Well...when I drive post I miss a lot. In any case, you ladies are doing super awesome. I am doing alright. Staying on plan, but my appetite as been a bit insatiable as of late, though I have managed to keep it under control. I have no clue why though. My body likes being over indulged though and I think this is its way of battling with me. Though, I'll get through it. I am having my NSVs lately to. I'm starting to see the physical changes again which is plenty motivation in itself. I finally saw the scale move as well but it is slow going this month.

Well it is almost time for me to start the night shift, so you ladies take it easy and keep doing your thing.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #227  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Good luck tomorrow night, Prairie!! I have a story! Anyways, I "looked" for a guy for a few years, and then my mom got sicker, so I stopped to concentrate on my family... Long story short, my mom passed away in June of 2006, and In August 2006 I met my current husband. We started dating in Jan 2007 and our 3rd wedding anniversary was this past October. I know its weird to say that when I stopped looking, there he was, but it literally happened like that! lol. Oh well.

Good luck finding clothing! I'm at a point where my 14's are literally falling off me but I only have one 12 jeans, so I wear them a lot - I'm too cheap to go out and buy more, I'll be out of them soon, lol.. I don't know what stores they have up there, or I'd try to help you out more! Good luck with the outfit-finding and with the date! WOO!

Delphi, you know, I peed so much yesterday, and I weighed the same darn thing today. Cheezus. Oh well. This is why my motto/saying is Keep Going, because I have to. UGH. I give up now and what? I'm still at 202. LOL, GRR!!! Here's to more peeing today, and a woosh sooner than later! I'll have a drink (of more water!) to that!

I've been doing my IF-ish way of eating, and I think its helping. I dont really feel like eating until 4/4:30pm so its not an issue, and I enjoy eating a larger meal during the evening and eating actual dinner with my DH. HOPEFULLY these next few weeks I stay on plan.. I want to be out of the obese BMI category by what would have been my mom's 65th b-day on 4/14.. I need to be at 190 to do that. And I have 93 days. I think I can loose, what, 11 lbs by then?

Keep going, and have a GREAT day everyone!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #228  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. I am so happy to say I have lost 5 pounds this week!! I'm super excited I think I would've lost more, but we ate out twice this last week so I think that probably made me not loose as much.
It sounds like you guys are doing great! I've been so busy lately it's been hard to stay and keep up with everyone and what there doing.

Kate your story is cute!! I've never done the online dating thing, but I would assume it could be fun and nerve racking all at once. I've been with my husband since I was 15 so I kinda just skipped the dating scene all together.

Prairiegirl good luck on your date. Sounds exciting!

Delphi I here ya on your appetite. My body likes to be over indulged too. Lately I just want to eat everything in site. So annoying. Glad your having your NSV's though. That's awesome!!

Ok ladies.. I got some house cleaning to do so hopefully I'll check back in later or tomorrow!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #229  
On my way to a better me

S/C/G: 174/169.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Kate unfortunately for me I can not afford the personal trainer. It was a free session that I got with my membership to the gym. However, she did point out a few important things that I needed to know.

I have been to the gym everyday since Saturday except for Monday and I won't get to go tomorrow, but it's still a great accomplishment for me! I work 12 hours every Monday and Friday so it makes it really hard to go those two days. Anyway, I'm on my way to a healthier, better, smaller ME!!!

Prairiegirl if you feel comfortable in them, I would try and find some skinny jeans with heels. My husband thinks they are soooo sexy! I'm not comfortable in them but my 11 year old baby girl said "mom you rock those skinny jeans". Lol. Those with a sexy yet sophisticated top will knock his socks off!!! You go girl. I can't wait til I see the 150's again. It seems like its so far away!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!
AngMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #230  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Kate your story is cute!! I've never done the online dating thing, but I would assume it could be fun and nerve racking all at once. I've been with my husband since I was 15 so I kinda just skipped the dating scene all together.
Thanks! I met my DH at work. I had known him for a while, but we sat reaaaaallllyy far apart in our cubes, and I didn't really know him, save for a friend that sat close by. Well, I moved to be by a window, and... the rest is history! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngMac View Post
Kate unfortunately for me I can not afford the personal trainer. It was a free session that I got with my membership to the gym. However, she did point out a few important things that I needed to know.

I have been to the gym everyday since Saturday except for Monday and I won't get to go tomorrow, but it's still a great accomplishment for me! I work 12 hours every Monday and Friday so it makes it really hard to go those two days. Anyway, I'm on my way to a healthier, better, smaller ME!!!
Oh, sweetie, me either! Which is why I do my Walk Away the Pounds DVD's in my living room! I figure it like this: ANY extra movement I do during the day is another calorie (or 100!) burned, so it's all going in my "bank".. and if I keep it up, I'm "saving" for a better me.. and in the end, I'll "withdraw" my healther thinner self! WIN! The knowledge she gave you was useful and you can build on it! Win-win!

Keep going everyone!!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #231  
On my way to a better me

Kate something else I wanted to mention....we apparently have a lot of things (not all good things) in common. My mother passed away in March of 2006. She would've turned 65 this past Friday! It does take all your energy and focus to help out with a sick parent and the stress takes its tole on us sometimes. (I gained probably 40 pounds durig my mom's sickness and after she passed) My mother lived with me and my ex husband the last 6 months of her life. It took a toll on our marriage an in 2009 I finally gave up on it. Now I am happier than I've ever been. Life has a strange way of worki out sometimes.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #232  
Size 6 Here I Come!

S/C/G: 202/189/159

Height: 5'10"

Ok girls, question for you. I am supposed to eat 1200 to 1500 calories a day and today I am unsatiable!!!! I have already eaten 1300 calories and havent even had dinner. I HATE hunger pains! Do you ever have days that you CAN NOT get enought to eat? What do you do? Give in? Or do you just deal with the hunger? I am so mad at myself but I am STARVING!!
LMMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #233  
On my way to a better me

LMMommy are you drinking enough water? In my experience it's better to eat "good calories" than to have hunger pains. If your stomach is growling you either need to drink more or just eat good foods. Broccoli would be a good choice if you like it. Sorry if that didn't help, but I feel your pain!!! I've been hungry all day. Problem for me is that I was stuck at work without enough good food so my choice was bad food from vending machine or hunger pains. I just kept drinking water! Room temperature water seems to fill me up more than cold. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #234  
There is no spoon!

Lmommy ~ I would eat a little protein, it will go a long way in making you feel fuller longer. I try to eat a little protein with my meals just for that reason. I also consume most of my calories towards the end of my day and run real light in the beginning. We all just have to find what works best for us without starving. Also you can still eat but just make sure you exercise an hour after you do eat, then you still have a good day and hopefully burn the extra off.

sassy ~ That is amazing. on those 5 pounds.

katelee ~ I think that is totally enough time to accomplish that goal and what a great goal it is. How does IFing work for you? I don't really consider what I do as IFing but I guess it would fit into it. I get up about 3 in the afternoon and usually do not eat until dinner (for the boys but breakfast for me) which is about 6:30ish and don't eat again until 11 or so. Usually most of my calories are consume between a very short window. I try not to eat unless I am hungry and when I eat, I want to be full. I tried the smaller more frequent meals thing and just could not do it. Seemed like I was even hungrier all the time.

Well official weigh in for me today is 0.2 shy of 184 But I can deal with 185 today. Well it is almost time for me to start work, so you ladies have a good evening.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #235  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Official weigh in date; 151 Minus 1 pound.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #236  
There is no spoon!

Sum
Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #237  
On my way to a better me

Well as I figured I'm up from my original weigh in but not from last week! It's expected since I've started working out! Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #238  
There is no spoon!

Angmac ~ Our weight fluctuates too much if you ask me. Would the weight loss Gods just cut us some slack in at least that area for crying out loud.

Well ladies I had a not so good night. I am just now getting off work and I managed to eat 2000 calories. The thing about having this bodybugg is that I know exactly how far I can take my calories for an alloted 24 hours. Most of the time it is a godsend but other times like last night/this morning, I say, well I burned X amount of calories, so as long as I don't go over that, then I'm maintaining. But I don't want to maintain, I want to lose. I guess I just have those nights (as nights are the equivalent of your days) where I just keep grabbing stuff. I think it may have to do with me quitting the gum. I think I may just have to find me a brand of gum that doesn't have sorbitol or sugar in it. Any suggestions?

In any case, I am clocking out and taking my butt to bed.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #239  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Drive by post....Up to 192, just a pound but I still have TOM so hopefully I get a whoosh next week!

Have a great weekend gals!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #240  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngMac View Post
Kate something else I wanted to mention....we apparently have a lot of things (not all good things) in common. My mother passed away in March of 2006. She would've turned 65 this past Friday! It does take all your energy and focus to help out with a sick parent and the stress takes its tole on us sometimes. (I gained probably 40 pounds durig my mom's sickness and after she passed) My mother lived with me and my ex husband the last 6 months of her life. It took a toll on our marriage an in 2009 I finally gave up on it. Now I am happier than I've ever been. Life has a strange way of working out sometimes.
Thats crazy, Ang! And I agree, not in a good way, lol... But in a I'm-growing-up-NOW kind of way. Do you find it hard to deal with peoples crap now? And attitudes? I was talking to one of my Aunts the other day, her mom recently passed away at 80-something (lucky!) and she was saying how she doesn't really want to deal with meaningless drama. And I had this eppiphany and I realized.. Oh, wow. I'm the SAME WAY! It made me feel so much better and less mean. LOL.

I didn't gain weight then, I was already overweight, but not to the 280-degree.. I was maybe 210? 215? I have no idea, I didn't care to weigh myself. I gained a bunch when I met my DH and started going out to dinner all the freaking time, lol... We didn't do anything but eat and watch movies and sit around. I wasn't like that before, and after losing about 15lbs before we got married, I piled it all back on and more after. And then I went to the gyno in June of 2010 and they told me I weighed 279 and I was all 'WTF?!' That was my kick-in-the-pants moment. I haven't looked back since!

I was 24 when my mom passed, but I had an "old mom" .. How old are you? I don't know many people my age (or then) who were "young" when they lost a parent.

Last edited by kateleestar; 01-13-2012 at 08:36 AM.