Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 08:09 PM   #16  

HI ALL!!! I'm back! Had a great trip to Atlanta. Ate too much, I'm sure, but worked long days so hopefully worked it off!!

So many posts to read!

I'm with Bailey, Nanci, & Lyssa - I've never heard of Rex Smith.

BPB - glad you haven't thrown in the towel!!

Elisa - good luck on finding your motivation. That seems to be a constant thing, don't you think? ~ I want to get one of those grills.

LBH - the turkey burgers sound good - will have to try that.

Pryia - Great daily goals! Yeah for the loss!!

Lizzard - LOL on the dream.

Lyssa - Hooray for the exercise! ~ Thanks for sharing the recipes. ~ does not sound like your sil did the weight loss thing healthy at all.

Bailey - I'm back! ~ Hooray for the loss!

Jul - glad you had a good time in Philly. ~ Hooray for the maintain and for the 43 pounds lost - AWESOME!

RR - glad sd#2 is better. ~ I can totally relate on the step parent thing - it is tough, tough.

Nanci - You are my hero - hooray for the loss. ~ Compliments are so great.

OK, hello to everyone else I missed. Glad to be back for awhile.

Rabbit
Old 02-25-2002, 09:59 PM   #17  

Manic Monday! Remember the song.

Rabbit, Welcome back! It seemed like you were gone forever. I missed you.

Lauren, I am betting it is PMS. Don't let it sabatoge you. The scale is probably showing water retention or some stupid thing. IGNORE IT. Go to curves it will make you feel better.

Vick, That is hilarious about the cats. I can just see it.

Lyssalou, I can't begin to imagine 4 kids. My hat is off to you. It sounds like you are a great Mom.

Jul, Are you going to be coming this way to see your friend anytime soon?

Bailey & Liz, I am with you on the wine thing and I know tech is the same as us. Tell me though how you do with following the points and still drinking. I can figure the points but I am telling you a few glasses of wine and I am feeling like doo doo the next day. I have been banking during the week and try to pick one weekend night to have a few glasses. The other thing is who only has 4 ounces of wine at one time?

Bailey, The pigs were flying here this AM as well. I got up and did the treadmill this morning. I thought DH was going to fall over in shock when he came back down and saw me. I am one of those ppl that is snuggled in tight until the last possible minute on a work day. Funny how on the weekends I have a much easier time getting up.

Well we are still plugging along here. It is still going well for us. I can't believe how well it is going. I sometimes question it and get a bit nervous. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do this. I have to constantly tell myself positive things and try to stay away from the self talk. I am finding that I can't think of how long it is going to take to get it all off but rather concentrate on the day.

I do have to thank all of you. Coming here is such a huge amount of support. I am feeling very thankful that I have all of you, the DH folllowing program with me and an awesome WW leader.
SO THANKS EVERYONE!

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:11 AM   #18  
A princess in the making!

Angry Happy Tuesday!

Well I have been on vacation for 2 days. And let me tell you I NEEDED it. I had a doctor appointment yesterday and the little one has 2 today. But I really enjoyed not dealing with work.

Had a bunch of blood test taken. Cholesterol, Thyroid, Blood Sugar, Iron and some bacteria one. She wanted to make sure my hair is not falling out because of a bacteria diease. She does not think so but wants to be safe.

Program was not good over the weekend. I did go shopping for some good food last night. SO I am hoping that helps. Tried to buy more food and less processed food. Bought a roast for the crockpot. Just a real tiny one. So I will add lots of veggies to it.

I loved Rex Smith....Shawn Cassisdy was more for me than David. And I remember Leif too.

How about show Eight is Enough? Talk about a big family!

Have a wonderful Day!
Old 02-26-2002, 01:22 PM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Been busy today...have a class and auditors here! It's bowling night and of course I was gonna stop home and make a tuna sandwich for dinner, but DA (dumba$$) me went and had a tuna sandwich for lunch!! Obviously not thinking...like that's unusual for me...

I still feel slightly bloated, but I weighed and am down a 1/2 lb. from yesterday. I really hope I didn't do that much damage with my high point days last week. I hope it is all muscle and that it's gonna catch up and I'll lose next week. I can't wait for them (Curves) to measure me on March 8th!! I think it'll be really good to hear that I have a loss in inches, even if I haven't lost weight.

I did exercise last night, but I was miserable. My head really ached, and I just wasn't into it, but I made it through. Just kept telling myself that it's only a half hour. So if I keep this up, I earn 6 miles a week, for 4 days a week, or 4.5/3 days a week.

Gotta get back to work...
Old 02-26-2002, 05:04 PM   #20  

I don't think I am ever going to successfully get this post posted!!! First the web site when blank on me this morning (I could go to any other site in the web except 3fc's), and then dh wanted me to go look something up which wiped my post out yet again. I guess I will survive!

Speaking of heart throbs and Eight is Enough, Willie Ames was another one of my early heart throbs!!! Now ds thinks he's the coolest too. He has gone on to make Christian children's videos, sort of a Batman fights for God kind of thing ( BIBLEMAN ) As a matter of a fact, that is all he wants for his birthday - Bibleman costume and Bibleman stuff. He watches the video over and over and over, the rest of the family is Bibleman sick!!!

Anyway, dd #2 has pink eye, and dh is home because he took her to the dr. So life is way off track for today!!! Oh well, I'm glad he's here, so I can't complain too much.

LBH - Just get back on that wagon, and those pounds will melt into muscle, and disappear into skinniness!!!! Have fun at bowling tonight, and two tuna sandwiches never hurt anyone!!!

Pryia - I am glad you have a few days off, but I hope you get to do something more fun than just go to dr's. Hope however that the dr's all have good news for you!!!

Bf - "wish it were Sunday" that was a cool song. That is one really cool thing about us all being near the same age, we have a lot of the same memories.

Rabbit -

WELCOME BACK!!!

Baily - hope you are having a better day today!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great day, too!!! Lurkers, make yourselves known!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 08:29 PM   #21  

Hi all. I could not get on here earlier today, but luckily I can tonight!

Nanci - It seemed to me I was gone forever also! You are so nice! ~ Thanks for sharing what is working for you - the fact that you really really want it is probably the most important, don't you think? I am so glad for you.

Lauren - hope you have inches gone on the 8th! How exciting that would be.

Lyssa - Thanks! I'm glad to be home.

Yesterday I had points left, but today I think I'm using them all. Ah well.

RABBIT
117.815 miles

Last edited by Rabbit; 02-26-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:56 PM   #22  

Hi,

Pryia, I am keeping my fingers crossed that all of your tests come back fine. Keep us updated.

Lyssalou, Oh your poor daughter! Pink eye is no fun.

Lauren, I hope the bowling was fun.

Rabbit, The good news is you had the points to use!

Well it was the second morning in a row of pigs flying here. I am trying to do the treadmill in the AM and the TTAPP video in the PM. As I said before getting up in the AM is a huge accomplishment for me. If I can do it every day this morning I am going to get myself a nice reward. I just have to decide what that will be.

Hope everyone has a great Wed!

Nanci
Old 02-27-2002, 06:50 AM   #23  
A princess in the making!

Default Good Morning!

Back to work for me!! I was off for 2 days. And I do not want to go!!! I want more vacation. But I only have 3 days to go.

Nanci-Great job excerising. I am proud of you. I always thought pigs could fly!

Okay back to goals:
Stay with in point range
Excerise on the balance ball I bought

Have a wonderful HUMP DAY!!
Old 02-27-2002, 09:07 AM   #24  
LBH

Hi All,

I did not go bowling last night. We have auditors here today and I was here a little late last night trying to get all the training files straightened out and ready for them to look at. I could've made it there a little late, but I didn't feel like going...when do I ever feel like going bowling this season?!

Pryia- Glad to have you back...hope your days off were good! Good luck with your goals today, I know you can do it!!

Nanci- Yeah...boy, I'd love to see pigs fly around here!! I barely have enough time to get ready and get to work in the AM!

Rabbit- Welcome Back!! So you did good while you were away? YEAH!!! What a huge accomplishment!!

Lyssa- We had Bibleman at our church one night. I didn't see him, don't know if it was Willie Ames or a different person dressed as him. I didn't know Willie was doing that! Hope DD is feeling better!

RR- That cat story was hysterical...what a visual I had!! How dare you leave the house without giving them their treats!! Zeus doesn't like the kitty treats.

OK, gotta go, auditors just took my files!!
Old 02-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #25  

Hi everyone. I've been lurking but just haven't had a chance to respond to everyone. I love how active this site is!! But sometimes that makes it hard to keep up. I've accomplished my first huge goal today. I'm wearing my black jeans that I once couldn't even get over my hips. First time in over five years. They are actually loose in the butt area but still a little snug in the tummy -- not uncomfortable though. Thanks everyone for all your support and inspiration!!!!

I've been stressing this week cuz my boss is going to retire this summer. I've been his admin asst. for seven years and Monday our big boss asked me to apply for the mgmt position. I recently got my degree in mgmt and have been doing a lot of the admin mgmt stuff already. It's a huge responsibility but it comes with lots of $$ and perks. I'm sending in my resume today and I'll see what happens. It's definately a situation where I'll understand completely if I don't get it but what the heck -- I might as well try.

LBH, good luck w/the auditors. I know how fun that can be. You are doing a wondeful job with your exercise. Trust me...you will see a difference when you take your measurements.

Pryria, welcome back to the working world

Rabbit, welcome back. I've been having trouble accessing this website too. If you read her diary, it sounds like Suzanne is having a lot of family troubles.

Lys, I never was an Willie Ames fan but I do love the Bangles..."cuz that's my fun day...when I don't have to run day..." I have that cd and love to listen to it. I have to admit that I had Rex Smith's pictures on my wall too!!!! And Andy Gibb and many others!!

Nanci and Bailey, keep those pigs flying!! I'm watching for 'em. As for the wine, I try not to drink during the week and on the weekend I'm not quite the lush that you are Bailey. Usually when I do, I only have two glasses of wine -- I buy the small bottles so there's not as much in them. I'm usually over the points when I have them -- but what the heck!! You gotta make some sacrifices.

RR, It sounds like you have some spoiled kitties in your house! That was a cute story!!!

BFB, hello?? whatcha been doing? I always love reading your colorful posts. Keep them coming. Remember, we're here to support each other.

One more thing...Bailey, did you ever eat your orange???

And Hi to anyone else I missed!!
Old 02-27-2002, 12:26 PM   #26  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!

What more can I say - I'm still struggling with a lot of hunger and I've been eating too much these last few days or longer! This is the longest I've struggled since my husband and I really started eating better last September. I've been at basically the same weight for the whole month and I know that's not the end of the world but it's getting frustrating. Anyway I'm still trying and planning better. I really think I can keep today under 20 points and that would be great. I'm only a little worried because I might be working late tonight and when we do sometimes we order food. And you can imagine how healthy that is. I'm planning to buy a 6" sub if we're here late but if they order pizza it will be very difficult for me. That's really one of my favourite foods. But we'll see. The good thing for me is I've learned that every day - every moment really is a chance to start over. You never have to make it worse by saying "I've already blown it so I might as well have this!"

Liz - absolutely go for that job. You never know unless you try. If you don't get it, you're no worse off but if you do????? And the fact that the boss asked you to apply is so great!

Nanci - good for you if you manage to get up in the morning to exercise. I've always thought that was a great idea but it's never worked for me. I've tried so many times over the past few years but I've learned that it's probably never going to happen. I always choose sleep. I know now that for me it has to be at lunch or after work. You go girl!!

Pryia - hope work's okay and you're keeping your goals.

Hi to everyone else!

I'm off to have a healthy lunch - I can do this!!

Elisa
Old 02-27-2002, 12:51 PM   #27  

Elisa - I'm with you on the sleep thing. I have tried for years to get up early, but "waking up is hard to do" (that could almost be a song). I would rather find a different time of day to exercise than try to rely on me getting up. I would never do it then!!!

Liz - Sarah Hughes thought there was no way she could win the gold, so she just went out and skated for the fun of it. And we all know where that got her!!! Go for that gold at work, you just might get it.

Pryia - Short work weeks are always nice. The weekend will be here before you know it.

LBH - Hope all goes well with the auditors!!!

Well, got a little red head on my lap who wants a story read, so I guess I should oblige her!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 02-27-2002, 01:13 PM   #28  

hi all

Nanci - yeah for the treadmill!! I need to get on mine today because I didn't do my usual morning work out at the health club - roads were a mess!

Pryia - Enjoy your balance ball!

Lauren - well, I'm hoping to maintain - did not lose while I was gone.

Liz - HOORAY for the black jeans fitting!! ~ Good luck on the job application!!! ~ I saw on the first page that there was some kind of family emergency.

Elisa - seems that you have a good attitude with the things you've learned!!

gotta run - hungry for lunch!

Rabbit
Old 02-27-2002, 01:16 PM   #29  
LBH

Hi All,

SO...they totally ripped us apart!! The guy from my dept. that was here to deal with them came out looking rather deflated...like he just got you-know-what up the you-know-what!! Arrrggghhh....like it 's our fault that people don't turn in their training records when they're supposed to!! Like the girl I work with says, We're the cops, but without guns!! We have to deal with it, and we have no backup support from senior mgmt.!!

AND...guess what I had for lunch today...yeah, that's right...tuna again!! I mean, I love tuna, and I could eat it everyday, but I wasn't in the mood for it...guess that's what sponging lunch will get me!!

My afternoon has to get better!! Oh, it will...I am going to exercise tonight!!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:55 PM   #30  
Working on Weight loss!!!

hELLO ALL!!!!
Just a quickie..sick child to deal with!!!
Lyssa--Dont trade places with me since I get up at 3:30 am and get to work for 4:30am!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
Vicki
Closed Thread