Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 09:08 PM   #31  

RR - you poor girl!!! I can't imagine getting up at those hours to go to work!!! I definitely don't want to trade places with you. But I wished you had better hours, then again, maybe you like getting up that early!!!

I just re-read your bio, and I guess that is an ok shift for a nurse. I guess I don't want to be a nurse when I grow up.

Last edited by lyssalou; 02-27-2002 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:44 PM   #32  

Pigs are still flying here in Seattle!

Ok I just have to say I think I am suffering from a extreme case of PMS! I am not sure what is going on here but I could do some damage. I came home and got right on the treadmill thinking that the exercise would help but NO.

Ok I am going to shake it off.....

Lauren, Sorry to hear that the visit from the auditors was a pain.

Liz, Go for the Job! Lyssalou's analogy about Sarah Hughes was perfect.

Elisa, Hope you made it through working late ok.

Rabbit, How was that treadmill.

RR, Oh my 3:30 would not be happening here. The only time I see that (unless I haven't gone to bed yet) is if I were getting up to go on vacation.

Pryia, I am glad you enjoyed your days off. I am heading out of town for a long weekend in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to it.

Ok this is Nanci signing off to go to bed before I convince myself a nice glass of chardonnay or merlot is in order. Sheesh! I better be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. The dog and DH might be moving out.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:59 AM   #33  
A princess in the making!

Good morning all!

I did not do the ball excerises yesterday. I took a walk during lunch though.

I stayed OP and will do the same today. I was so tired last night I was in bed at 9:30pm. Did not even watch TV went stragiht to sleep.

LBH- Tuna casserole for lunch for me yesterday. I too love tuna.

Nanci- Keep those pigs flying!! I need to get them to fly here too.

Off for breakfast---waffle and turkey bacon.

Have great day!!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:00 AM   #34  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I totally blew it yesterday!! DH was taking a class on the county college last night and I knew I was on my own for dinner. Had to go shopping for a birthday present for my niece, and decided that it was OK to go to Mc D's and get a big mac value meal!! I enjoyed every bite of it, and it should hold me over on that craving for quite awhile, but still...I totally blew it!! I didn't even burn enough calories at exercise (which was before shopping and Mc D's) to cover it!!

Pryia-Yeah, you were OP...and at least you walked! I love tuna, but not tuna casserole, or tuna melts...it has to be cold tuna, preferably on a sandwich, sometimes just with salad...and mixed with mayo. I know, I'm whacked...

Nanci- Don't get hit by any of those pigs!! Hope you made it to bed without the glass of wine!! Hang in there, PMS is not a good place to be!!

Elisa- Hope they didn't tempt you with pizza...did you get your 6" sub? I can't resist pizza either, it one of my favorite foods and it's hard to stop at one piece!!

Liz- GO FOR IT!!! Just the plain fact that your boss is recommending you go for it should be reason enough!! And I think you have a good chance because he's on your side, and when they see you have the initiative to actually apply for the job...they'll see you're determined!!

As for the auditors yesterday...I saw one of the PMs involved in the whole thing as I was leaving, and she said that they told her after our guy left, that they were very impressed with the training dept., and the company's committment to training!! I almost fell over!! I went back to my desk and called the girl I work with that's the coordinator and she almost died and said she was gonna call our director and the guy that was here right then and there!! Basically they were just giving him a hard time all day!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:16 AM   #35  
Phat Chick

I have been sadly lacking in my posting and contributing to you guys, but honest I am trying to get back there.

As I keep on saying, I am still here in spirit (and too much flesh )

Glad everyone else is doing okay. What's this with the flying
Old 02-28-2002, 10:18 AM   #36  
LBH

BPB- Well, if you came around on a regular basis, you'd know, wouldn't you?!?! Hint, hint...
Old 02-28-2002, 10:27 AM   #37  
Phat Chick

Message received - still not understood about the that is.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:23 AM   #38  
LBH

Well, Bailey Started it over here on the east coast, thenm it spread to Nanci over on the west coast, and she just ran with it!!! Gosh, I hope the pigs don't make their way to New Jersey, because I have no business being up that early!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #39  

I see all the pigs every morning on my way to the gym at 5:10 am. Or maybe I'm just hallucinating?!?!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #40  

Lauren - Dh is in the training dpt. at work too. And he is always telling me when ever anything goes wrong in the company, it is always somehow training's fault. Either they didn't train it right, or it wasn't the right stuff. He caught a guy in a lie the other day. The have a training web site where all the training info is; dh is sort of the one running it, anyway, the guy made some comment about the info not being available to them, and dh knew it was there, and appropriately updated. They just don't want to take responsibility for them not paying attention to the trainers!!!

BPB - I'm glad to see you are still hanging in there. Your "voice" is missed, but we all have our times of pulling back. Just don't quit us. It has been so wonderful to get help, support, etc. here. Keep reading even if you don't feel like posting. Then you will know what the 's are about!!!

Nanci - Your pms must be bad if the dog is considering moving out. I know there are time my kids wished they could move out during that time of the month. I am glad however that the pigs are continuing to fly in your area, but please don't send them to Texas!!! I like my sleep. And besides, everything is bigger in Texas, especially the pigs.

ABOUT TUNA - I read on one of the other forums (sugar busters I think) that those who eat fish (including tuna) everyday loose 20% more than those who don't. Tuna is some good stuff!!!

Pryia - Yeah about the walking!!! You will get there with the ball.

Liz - I forgot to tell you congrats on the jeans!!!! That is too cool. I can't wait until I get there. I have a bunch of fabric I bought to make myself some clothes, but never made anything, I think I am just going to save it all until I loose my weight (especially the red velvet, so I can make a sexy dress out of it!!!)

Last edited by lyssalou; 02-28-2002 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:52 PM   #41  

Hi all!

I think I forgot to mention this (if I'm repeating myself - sorry!), but I was on the "top ten" list at my health club for being there the most during the past year! WooHoo! I was so excited.

Like the new smilies!

Lauren - glad everything didn't turn out so bad!

RR - sorry about the sick child.

Nanci - oh, that pms gets me too. Hang in there!

Pryia - Hooray for the walk & op!!

Hi BPB! Glad to see you check in.

Lyssa - well that was an interesting fact about the fish.

I have weigh in tonight - nervous after being gone - would be happy to maintain. Have been making good low-cal dinners this week though, for me & dh. Only mistake was the cadbury eggs.

Later all.

Rabbit
Old 02-28-2002, 02:53 PM   #42  

Tomorrow is finally Friday!! WooHoo!! Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support regarding the job. I sent my resume in yesterday. It's strange -- I don't consider myself a leader but everyone else does. I have low self confidence in that area. The thing that scares me most is that it's such a responsible position and I would have to learn a lot of technical stuff but I know I can do it. I've always been one of the peons -- I can't imagine myself in the corner office with the fancy desk rubbing elbows with the Big Wigs. Sometimes I still feel like I'm ten years old. Luckily I work with a great group of people who have a lot of respect for me (and I for them) so we'll see what happens. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.

I've been going a little over plan this week but not too bad. The scale hasn't moved but I guess that's better than going up. I joined a contest at the gym with two other people on my team. You have to go at least 2 times a week for the next six months or you get eliminated. I'm fairly regular at going but my teammates aren't. Hopefully this will help us all stay consistent and we'll win a nice prize at the end. DH is on my team too.

Rabbit, Congrats on the top 10 list!! That's a huge accomplishment! You should be proud.

Lys, thank you. I was so proud of myself. I can't tell you how many times I checked my butt out in the mirror!! Sometimes I find it hard to believe I'm shrinking.

LBH, well at least you enjoyed it. A co-worker was eating a burger for lunch today and man did it look good. I'm going out to dinner with friends tonite so I'm sure I'll splurge a little and make up for it tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:11 PM   #43  

For some reason I don't get an email anymore telling me to come here to read the posts. I'll have to check the profile page and see if something got messed up.

A good/bad week for me. Two wonderful dinners out with my DH alone. My friend gave me a babysitting evening for a late celebration of our anniversary (we had our 12th while I was in Philly). We went out for that dinner last sat night, then last night we went out for my birthday (turned 35 yesterday). My jeans are a little tight, but I shouldn't need to eat out for a few weeks so that will improve. My parents have been so proud of my weight loss that they gave me a lot of money for my birthday - for new clothes. I'll be so excited to go shopping for spring/summer stuff. It will go a long way if I hit the consignment shops first!

The boys both have colds (we went from high 60's to single digets, today is high 40's and tomorrow we're suposed to have freezing rain/snow), I spilled a whole cup of coffee on my sofa!! I've had to change clothes 3 times today. Helping Alex make a cake, the spoon flew thru the air and landed down the front of my shirt, then I got in the middle of the coffee spill. And of course it was laundry day so the last load had already been done and now I have a new little pile of laundry.

RR: I just love the mental picture of the kittens following you on the run.

Nanci: We will be in Seattle summer '03 for GAS conference. No its not for stomach upsets ,its Glass Art Society. My Sedro-Wooley friends are suposed to come down here for part of the summer. They adopted another child this last year so now they have 3 kiddos. I was really hoping to go out there this year, but I think the furthest west we'll get is Denver and Santa Fe. We'll be spending more time on the south-east coast.

Did you all know that glass "when pigs fly" is one of our most popular wholesale items??? We made over 1400 flying pigs last year!!

- jul
Old 02-28-2002, 06:30 PM   #44  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!!
What is up????Me not much except for work and more work..WE are soo busy at work and decreased people to do it....The money is great but it can wear U out!!!!!

Lyssa--The best part of working at 4:30 is getting off at 1pm..I can healthclub it and have quality time before everyone is home at 5pm...I beat the traffic and the crowds at the club!!!

Jul--Best of luck at your "home hospital"..Hope the boys are better!!!!!

Liz--I am with U on the TGIF~!!!!

Lauren-COngrats on the work achievement!!!!Stay away from McD's!!!!!!

WEll, off again...I must remotivate again soon!!!!
Vicki
Old 03-01-2002, 12:14 AM   #45  

Hi all!

Well we are back from WI. We both had a loss. I was 1.4 and DH was 2.2. It was a good thing with my current frame of mind I probably would have been on the floor blubbering.

Jul, Ok that's it send me one of the pigs flying. That is my treat for getting up every day and exercising before work and then again after. Do you still have my address? Just let me know how much to send you. Do they come in different colors?
Happy BDAY! What a nice present from your parents.

Pryia, We miss your posts!

RR, Ok I thought you were crazy for awhile getting up so early but I am thinking getting off at 1:00 sounds pretty darn good.

Rabbit, That is AWESOME about the club. Keep up the good work! Stay out of those Cadbury's.

Lizzard, The challenge at your gym sounds fun. It is nice to have something to keep it intriguing.

Lyssa, The PMS is WORSE only Queen Bitc* has moved on and weepy wilma has moved in. I am not quite sure what is going on but I even cried over the type of jam we have in the fridge right now. Sheesh!
I have one of those little sexy red dresses and can't wait to be able to wear it again.

Pryia, Great job in getting that walk in at lunch.

Thank god tomorrow is Friday, I am seriously questioning my ability to make it through it. We then have dinner at my folks for my Dad's bday. Those get togethers can sometimes be challenging. I am thinking investing in a bottle of St Johns Wart might be in order. Sometimes I think it is a good thing valium is something you can't purchase over the counter. :-)
Closed Thread