Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #31  
girl in the public eye!

S/C/G: 270/262/140

Height: 5'5

Yeah I just have to drop this weight...I have been over weight my whole life my lowest weight was about 196 and I was a small size 14. I just feel like its time. When I get married I want to be able to wear a 1940s really fitted silk dress..that is SO not gonna be an option right now!!!! LOL
belleamiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I got down to a 12/14. I remember my mom saying to me, "Your hips are so small!" But, I know what you mean. Right now, I'm not comfortable in my own skin. I feel so awkward. This is my highest weight--the one I swore I'd never get back to.

The only thing I have planned for my dream wedding is the cake! LOL How sad is that????
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #33  
girl in the public eye!

LMAO thats really funny! Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I have never felt so crappy about myself before. I cant believe I gainted this much weight. But I am hoping I am finally out of denial! And aren't moms great...I never get you look good but when things are going a little south the comment is-- you are looking a little hippy aim. Great! thanks. I told my mom a few years ago..unless you have something positive to say to me do not comment on my apperance I will not allow you to say negative things to me anymore. I had one of those diet with me moms. I started dieting when I was 9. How twisted is that?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #34  

I started dieting probably around 10 or 11. My mom was the same way. Before my senior year in high school, I decided I wanted to lose weight so I went to the doctor. He put me on 500/calories a day!!! OMG. So not healthy. I remember laughing because I thought he was joking. I was skinnier for my senior year though.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #35  
girl in the public eye!

Wow 500 calories. I can't believe you were able to do it!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #36  

It was pretty tough. My mom did the diet with me although she ate more calories. We'd have on "cheat meal" per week....usually it was fried chicken & french fries!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260/170/160

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Belle,
What a great thread!

I'm 33 and single. I did just meet a guy and we are going to get together next weekend. My freakout is that I workout at the gym 4 days a week and don't want a relationship to interfear with that. We live on different sides of a large city and I am freaking out! I'm not too nervous about anything else, just that issue. Being active is part of my lifestyle now and I don't want to lose it, I like working out.

Being single has made it easy to get to this point, but I do want that special someone in my life to. I guess it's just finding that person who understands that workingout comes as part of me.

All suggestions welcome! What's left of my fingernails and cutials will be deeply greatful!
ViolinJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #38  
girl in the public eye!

I am glad you like it!!

I say keep up with the exercise!!! I know for me I go through these periods where exercise is a normal part of my life then I get distracted and stop. Every time I get distracted and stop it takes me longer to get back into the grove. I say as you keep dating work out with him!!! Or meet up with him after working out. I am so encouraged by your accomplishments-- help me to stay on task!!!!!!!

Amy
Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #39  

Height: 5'5"

I think this site is a great idea... although i am 33 and divorced, no children. I wasn't sure if I was encluded since I was married. I would love to be a part. I struggle with dating and am so interested in hearing how everyone else is managing to meet new guys. If you are only looking for non married I can totally understand. It is a great idea.
jaxnthbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleamiee View Post
I am glad you like it!!

I say keep up with the exercise!!! I know for me I go through these periods where exercise is a normal part of my life then I get distracted and stop. Every time I get distracted and stop it takes me longer to get back into the grove. I say as you keep dating work out with him!!! Or meet up with him after working out. I am so encouraged by your accomplishments-- help me to stay on task!!!!!!!

Amy
Thanks Amy! I know that I'm going to have to cut back or workout smarter(I'm gonna ask my trainer about that this week) soon. In addition to starting to date after a long break from it, I've also applied to several local Universities for part time study and I take violin lessons once a week all with a full time job! So continuing to workout 6hours a week with all that plus friends is just not physically possible nor mentally healthy! I'll see how it goes and as the weather gets warmer I'll do as you suggest and insist (gently) on doing some things outdoors together walking in parks, rollerblading etc.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #41  

Welcome to everyone!

Jenn-Wow, you've accomplished a lot. Congrats! I have to agree with what Amy said. Keep on exercising. He should understand that exercising is important to you and be supportive. And, y'all will figure something out.

Jax-I don't think Amy started this thread to be "exclusive" of anyone and I think you fit the description of being single. But, being single & without children holds different struggles than being married and/or having kids.

Amy- How was your weekend?

My married friends/friends with kids are great, don't get me wrong. But, if I want to go out spur of the moment, I usually get, "Well, I have to check with my husband." or "I can't because of the kids." They also don't understand that right after work I go & work out and they want to spend an hour on the phone. If I call them after I work out, I get the "it's family time" deal. Our personal lives are completely different.

As for dating/meeting men, I can't give any advice. I suppose I don't go out enough or to the right places to meet men. The two times my friends have tried to set me up have been complete disasters. I still look at my friends and say, "What the heck were you thinking????" (Okay, the way I ask them is not that nice). Online dating hasn't worked for me.

I restocked my freezer, fridge, & cabinets with healthier foods so I think I'm set for the week.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #42  
girl in the public eye!

Completely agree with what you said about the thread Jen!

My weekend wasn't too bad but night tonight UGH

I am going to vent for a few minutes so just bare with me ladies. You know when you are pmsing and things tend to be more emotional than usual then you hit an emotional situation and it feels like things have just been squared- grown exponentially? Thats how I am feeling right now.

I have a friend who I have known since kindergarten and the last few years of our lives things have gotten a little more complicated as we wound up crossing those friend boundaries...we didn't talk for awhile and then slowly found our way back to eachother. That boundary has been crossed again more three times in the last year and my feelings have just gottne really hurt.

When it comes to things like this our communication is not good and I kinda take one for the team alot and don't share my feelings-- also because I know they aren't going to be recieved well. We are working together on a non profit he started and we had dinner tonight and I have just been trying to be professional wtih him but he knows something is up and keeps pressing me for it. In my weakened state I actually had to leave at one point and fake a bathroom run just to pull myself together. Its a mess. I don't mean any disrespect but with this situation I so feel like the fatchick.

I FINALLY got my medifast shipped today. And so I am starting tomorrow...I did loose 3 lbs this week.

I gotta just do something about this situation. I am just feeling so whimpy at the moment.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #43  

I'm in a similar boat Amy!
I'm having a wicked case of PMS myself so I completely understand and please vent away! I find myself very emotional, slightly depressed, EXHAUSTED and the slightist thing could swing me anyway from pretty happy to crying!

I can identify with your "feeling like the fatchick" even with all the weight I've lost and all that I've accomplished I still feel this way. It's a New Year's resolution of mine to express myself to people! Tell them if I'm mad, don't let them walk all over me and let them know what is important to me. How about making an appointment with him and telling him straight forward what's on your mind? Or maybe put it in a letter if it's easier and end it with telling him you want to talk about it? Just a suggestion!

I hope you're week is going better.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #44  
girl in the public eye!

Thank you...its just nice to know someone "gets it!"

And I have been doing that- being honest with my feelings and brave to show the world and not put other peoples needs always before my own especially when it comes to emotions.

I am doing SO much better today...I also started my medifast today. I really like it!

How is everyone doing? How was your Monday?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #45  

Amy, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time, but I can relate. And, I didn't find you're comment about feeling like the fatchick offensive at all. Sometimes it's how I refer to myself. One time, when I was wearing a new pair of jeans a friend of mine commented that they were cute & wanted to know what brand it was & I said, "Tommy for fat chicks." (Tommy Hilfiger) She looked at me stunned & I just laughed.

I'm not one to talk about my emotions a lot. In my household crying was a sign of weakness. I've gotten a bit better about it.

I've been sick for the past few days, but I did go work out this evening. So far, I've lost 3 pounds, so I'm thankful. I'm drinking plenty of water, that's for sure. I've cut down on caffeine quite a bit, and so far it hasn't been a big problem.

We're on the downward slide for the week! YIPPEE!!!