Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat: 3/28-29

Heya all,

Its been a really long time since I have been here. Its good to see some of the same people here.

I recently had some health scares in my family and now my doctor has ordered me to lose weight and lower my cholesteral. (sp?) So anyways here I am again. For those that remember me; at the end of last year Mom found a lump and it turned out to be cancerous. It really threw us all for a loop. I have done all the testing that needed to be done and I am fine ~ but I will be taking a more proactive approach.

I will need to update my ticker and all, but for now I have to get going. It will be nice to catch up with the regulars from the past and meet the newbies (at least to me).

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

LISA! Glad to see you back. I dont' remember the Cancer with your mom. Sorry to hear that, how is she doing? How's the job going? Still happy there?

I've gotta go help my mom p/u a dining room set she found on Craigslist that she wants. Missed WI this AM. This is the 3rd week in a row.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #3  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi all! I'm new to this thread...
I just went to the doctor on Friday and had blood work done. He's checking for diabetes and thyroid, and it seems like everything is a little "harder" after you hit 30, right? I just had my 3rd child and we are trying for a fourth before we are done. However, I know my doc wants me to lose around 45lbs to get back to a "normal" weight for my height.

My stats:
5'1"
172lbs
3 kids (7, 6, 8mos)
married
still breastfeeding my baby (so, that is supposed to HELP you lose weight, LOL! I'm not, of course, only doing it for that...but, that would be a nice side effect, huh? LOL...)
hmm, anything else?? I used to be a size 4 and have 2 closets and 2 full dressers with all of those clothes. I'm now in a 12...LOL..pleasantly plump?

Nice to meet you all!
Sarah
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, I never published the cancer. Thats probably why you don't remember it. We found out it was stage 2 and she had to have 2 surgeries to make sure that it was gone. She will have to have radiation for 5 to 6 weeks, and after that, checkups. It looks as though she is cancer free.

I am still at my job, as for loving it ~ it changes moment by moment. I now have 6 departments that I am in charge of: swimsuits, coats (jackets), suits, dresses, juniors, and finally plus size.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #5  

Good weekend to you all! Nice to meet you Lisa.

I'm trying to re-establish an exercise routine after spending 2 weeks working full-time. I'm so glad to be back home to my regular routine! I have a design consult this morning and then we're going to buy me a new stove! You know you're old when things like a new stove are VERY exciting to you. LOL!

If we can fit it in, we're taking the kids out to do something fun this afternoon- sort of depends on how long my consult takes (I do freelance landscape design work).
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #6  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi Girls!
just dropping in to say hello..
had a pretty hard week myself. Our 17 year old cat died.. Which we miss a lot.. My other cat whos 7.. having a hard hard time without her.. keeps us up at night. and I seen a mouse in my kitcen Thursday morning.. We never had mice b4.. But my husband been working in the garage a lot lately. one must of gotten in the garage.. and I leave the kitchen ddoor open to work out in the garage. and Many tears later. anyways.. cleaned up really good today and put down traps.. God willing it will be gone soon.
I started walking agan. I try to do a minium of a mile a day..
im down 9 pounds.. 6 more to my first goal!!!! by 4/27 my bday..

I hope all you ladies had a better week than me!

Keep moving!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #7  
LBH

Mornin' All!

Angel, Sorry about the cat. I had an old cat that lived to just before her 17th bday. Hope things get better for the other cat soon. Hope the mice leave quickly too! We had a problem with critters awhile back, thankfully it was mostly confined to the attic/garage! Completely freaks me out though!

Binder, LOL, I hear ya', I would be soo excited to get a new wall oven!! Can I ask you a landscaping question? I have .79 acre property, triangle shaped. Most of the front and largest side yard are nice, thick, soft zoysia grass, but the small back yard area (the top tip of the triangle) is patchy, lower lying wet area. The very back corner has a drainage pipe that goes under my back neighbor's property and drains out to the road (I guess). But it seems like the yard is wasting away. It needs to be built up with dirt I guess. I realize that you're in Utah and I'm in NJ, but I was wondering if you have any insight. Should it be built up with a dirt/sand mix, for better drainage or something? If I build it up and plant zoysia grass, will it make the yard "stronger" or something, so it doesn't wash away? LOL, no idea if I'm making sense at all!

Anyway, have a great day all!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #8  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies! I new to this forum, though not new to 3FC. I'm 32, married with an 8 year-old and 2 dogs. I've been struggling with my weight for a long time and seem to might have finally caught on. This has been such a process!

I started at 221 pounds in 2002 and went on a doctor monitored liquid diet. It worked, I got down to 160, but plateaued and lost hope. It wasn't long before I weighed 220 again. I was in graduate school and managed to lose 16 pounds in 2007. Then in January of 2008, I started wearing a pedometer and tracking my steps. On June 12, 2008 (my 32nd birthday), I found myself graduated with a graduate degree, no job and completely depressed. I weighed in at 204 pounds. I set a goal for the year to get to 155 pounds by my 33rd birthday (June 12, 2009).

In October, I hit 181 pounds and couldn't budge. It's like the walking was no longer enough! I stayed at 181 from October to March! Now its almost April and I am worried about not making my goal! I have started running 3 miles per day (whew!) and the pounds have started moving again. While it's only been a week of running, today I weighed and am at 177. I'm feeling better. That has GOT to be the longest plateaued I've ever experienced! I'm hoping I can lose 22 pounds in the next 10 weeks to meet my goal! It's a lofty goal, but I really want to make it!

My ultimate goal is 125, but I'll worry about those last 30 when I get there.

It's really nice to meet all of you and surely I can get to know you all better and better. Take care and I'll keep reading!

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 03-29-2009 at 10:24 AM.
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #9  
LBH

Sassy!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #10  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Again, I will say... Nice to meet you all.

was my first post invisible?
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #11  
LBH

HI Sarah! I'm soo sorry, somehow I missed your first post! Glad you joined us!! Yeah, BF'ing never helped me lose weight either!