Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #121  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

charbreaker - Sorry you're having one of those days It happens! Focus on the positive and you'll power through that feeling. Hope tomorrow is better

---

I finally recorded a loss! Of only two tenths of a pound, but I haven't had a new low in about two months so I'm stoked! I feel like things have been going well lately so it was nice to see the scale agree. Just need to keep it up. Heck, I'd be happy with 1 pound loss this month. It'll take me forever to reach goal that way but even a little bit of movement in the right direction helps keep me going.

I don't even want to talk about jobs right now but it is weighing heavy on my mind. I keep hoping I'll have good news soon but then I keep getting disappointed! Running has been a nice distraction.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 188/143/135

Height: 5'5

Charbreaker- Thanks! I hope your weekend is better than today was. From your ticker and stats it looks like you've made a lot of progress!
ketobride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #123  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Just a quick update, after weighing in at around 165 lbs/164 lbs for a week or so I finally have seen my weight drop back down to 163 lbs and stay there for the last few days! Sometimes I see big drops and I know it's probably a temporary thing, so it's been really great to see 163 lbs consistently again.

The BF starts a full time job tomorrow so I'll be on my own for a lot of the time now. I think it'll do me some good since I need to learn to self motivate with exercise and also my creative work. If I see being creative as work now then it might help I reckon! I'm going to miss him a lot during the day, it's been epic having him around all the time. But we have to start being grown ups and earning money so we can live on our own!!

I've also passed my drivers permit written test so now I'm legally able to drive around and learn how to drive! I'm learning manual, which has been very frustrating but I think I'm making progress. I've stalled the car a LOT of times which I hate because I know it's bad for the car. But I'm excited to get the skill mastered and then be able to take it on the road and drive around! Once I pass the drivers test then I can drop the BF at work and have the freedom to drive around in the day by myself . I've never had that freedom before so I'm super excited!

------------------

charbreaker - I had severe acne as a teenager, it didn't really matter what I ate/drank or how I washed my face, it was always there. I had to be on some serious medication to get rid of it and even now my face isn't perfect (I've got a lot of scarring). Is your acne just the odd spot here and there or is it quite bad? We're always our own worse critic, I'm sure you look different. Taking "before" pictures and progress pictures is an excellent way to give yourself a boost on those days you don't feel like you've got anywhere. I know how you feel though, I had a day where I just felt like a monster!

keto - Yeah, water intake is crazy important. I have a water bottle too, I try and drink at least 3 bottles worth a day: one between 9am-12pm, another between 12pm-3pm and another from 3pm-6pm. If I drink past 6pm I'm up all night peeing! I know how you feel about your job, I was an English teacher in Japan for a year or so and the last thing I wanted to do after a day of running around after kids was exercise/eat something super healthy! But a word of warning out of experience, I regained a lot of weight by not exercising in all that time =/. Every so often I'd find the strength to workout after work and I felt so glad when I did!

NNS - Woohoo, congrats on the loss! You're absolutely right, any loss is progress no matter how long it takes.

Last edited by Riestrella; 06-07-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #124  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Chart Everyone!!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 214/203.8/175

I have still been weighing, just haven't made it to the computer to update. Please add me back in the challenge and I will update my weigh ins. Thanks!
ErinYRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #126  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinYRN View Post
I have still been weighing, just haven't made it to the computer to update. Please add me back in the challenge and I will update my weigh ins. Thanks!
Done!
Old 06-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #127  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Woohoo! After having a few lazy days with some poor eating habits, I weighed myself this morning expecting the worse, but found I'd dropped down to 162 lbs! Don't you just love that? But I know it was a fluke and I should get back on track.

I'm not sure why, but I've become really disenchanted with running! I've always been a big advocate of running but recently I found myself not being bothered about going and when I'm out I'm not really having fun anymore. So I'm going to focus on strength/circuit training.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 06-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 289/254.5/165

Height: 6 ft

hi all. i realise im joining on the end of your challenge but im hoping it will get me moving again. just got back from vacation.. the first day of vacation i ate pretty good but after that it became difficult to find good choices. so i have a couple pounds to lose to make up for that.
wannabealoser42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #129  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey all! Change of plans for me. I am going to try maintaining for the next few months just to take a little mental and physical break. So I'll stay in the challenge until its done (which is what, next week? wow!) but I'm updating my goal.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #130  

Height: 5'6''

Maintained this week; I got sick last Saturday and was down for the count until Thursday. Got around to working out Thursday, Friday, and today, but was completely sedentary before that. Oh well, here's to next week! Hope my numbers drop.
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #131  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts!

Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 PM   #132  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

It always gets pretty quiet in here towards the end of a challenge!

I've weighed in at 162 lbs for the last couple of weeks, it's awesome! I've updated my blog yesterday, included more pictures in the "about me" page and my monthly weight page too. Also wrote a couple of posts, it was a lot of fun to catch up on and I hope to keep writing consistently especially now I've got a new plan!
Old 06-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 188/143/135

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies! Sorry it's been a while since I checked in. Life's been busy. The fiance' was in town last weekend and I did not count carbs at all. I logged everything in MFP but didn't restrict my diet. I gained 4 lbs but wasn't near a computer to log it. This week I picked up a new puppy and started bootcamp. It's two days a week and was pretty challenging. The instructor is really helpful and encouraging though. I have hw excercises to do today, tomorrow, and probably monday. He also encouraged us to drink half our body weight in water every day. So between bootcamp, the water consumption, and watching my carb intake again I'm down 5 lbs this week to 162 (really down 1 since I had to lose what I regained). So hopefully by the time I'm at the beach next weekend I'll be at my new goal of 159!
ketobride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #134  

Height: 5'6''

Hey guys! Since I was sick last week (and I had my period this week) my weight has fluctuated like crazy. I've tried to work out an extra day this week and that has more or less helped me to get back to where I was. So sort of an unintentional maintenance week. Man, weight loss was frustrating in the beginning and middle but I feel like it is the most with those last ten pounds. It's a battle to get half of a pound off. I've caught myself nearly obsessing over it and I've had to remind myself to take a step back.

Well, no one said this was going to be easy, right?

Good luck friends! Thanks for the continued support!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #135  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys! Still milling about around the 162/163 lbs mark this week. But I always give myself a break and record my lowest weight of the week in these challenges . I know WHY I went back up to 163 - I ate food that had high sodium content (seriously soup, you betrayed me!) and then yesterday we had pizza and I ate a lot . I need to not starve myself for such treats and keep eating normally and just have a slice or two instead of starving myself in the day and ending up having 5 slices. Lesson learned! But in my defense, there isn't much food to snack on in the house and I'm no where near a shop to buy healthy snacks .

Enough woe is me because I bring good news too! I've been really good with my workouts this week. I've fit in 3 this week already, but I want to push myself to do at least 4 workouts a week. I did a Jillian Michaels "Winning by Losing" workout, which is lifting weights predominantly, I've done a 1.5 mile run and 1 hour of yoga. Today I'm going to pick up Shaun T's Insanity programme again. I saw the most weight loss with it in 2012 - I lost 21 lbs doing it which looking back is an insane amount of weight to lose! Instead of doing JUST Insanity I'm just going to include it into my routine as a Strength workout. I've printed out the calendar again and today is the Fit Test. Which is good because my arm is still sore from weight lifting! Tomorrow I'm going to have a day off before hopefully getting in a hike on Monday . Feeling really good about my exercise and can't wait to see some results on the scale! I know I need to give myself a chance to lose weight, I tend to get all worked up over new routines then get discouraged if I don't see results straight away, sometimes it can take a few weeks for my body to start losing the lbs!

keto - Well done on losing your regain! Flushing your body with water was probably the trick, it's amazing what water can do. I spent a week drinking a certain amount of water and lost 2 lbs because of it! Glad you're enjoying your new workout . It's always good when you have encouraging people around you. I can't wait to join a class!

charbreaker - Glad you found yourself back on track! The last leg of the weight loss race is notoriously the most difficult. It's the time when you have to really shock your body and push yourself beyond your limits. It's also a time where you have to be on it with your food 99% of the time - it's tough! Personally I've not been to that place TRULY yet, but I found myself slowing down when I hit 152 lbs in 2012.