Old 04-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #31  

I'm joining this challenge and motivated. I want to start swimming again, anyone into swimming?
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #32  
BlueFlick

S/C/G: 257/255.8/150

Height: 5'10"

I will not "fall off the earth" this time, seeing this one through to the end!
BlueFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #33  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Alright ladies, it's on! I just ordered a bikini top. First one I've owned in a decade! I am so excited to wear one this summer, even if it's just in the privacy of my own home

It's funny to think in hindsight, 10 years ago I was bigger than I am now, but I was comfortable in a bikini. What happened? I guess I lost my confidence somewhere along the way, so I am going to try hard to rock it and own my body no matter what size it is.

Welcome goldengirlamy and BlueFlick!

goldengirlamy I love swimming and used to be on a team but haven't done much of it since college as I don't really have access to a pool. Great workout though! Do you have a membership somewhere with a pool?

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-23-2015 at 11:52 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

I'm going to try this as well
I'm new to weight loss... and my scale keeps jumping back and forth like crazy.. Idk how accurate it will be. This morning before breakfast/lunch it was 260, and now it's 263. Idk if those few pounds are water weight or what.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/140

Height: 5'9"

Can't wait to start!! If I meet my goal I might just buy myself something nice!!
emily0229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:31 AM   #36  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

JigglyFluff only weigh in in the morning, after you go to the bathroom and with no clothes on. You do retain during the day, don't let that bother you!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #37  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Old 04-25-2015, 01:05 AM   #38  
Never give up

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Joined! I'm just getting back on track. I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago. Time to get ready for my first cruise (6/14)!!
dare 2 dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #39  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I forgot to add my weight. I just found out that my cousin had been trying to steal everything my dad left me behind my back. My dad left me a huge but useless estate in his village and 87 valuable cows. My cousin's mother has wanted the estate for years but my dad had to keep it because of stupid legal cow stuff. After my father died, I proposed a partnership to my cousin because I want to keep the cows but I can't do it by myself. I told him that they'd get half the estate (they'd get the part with the two-story house and I'd get a glorified shed, mind you) and 22 cows, like they wanted, as long as he partnered up with my, like he'd done with my dad.

He didn't want to be my partner, so he tried to sell my cows and legally acquire the entire estate behind my back. He can't get the estate but he sold 29 cows, including the bull. I found a new partner and because I didn't know how many cows my cousin had stolen, we signed a contract stating that we'd own 20 cows each.

I'm so pathetic that when I found out that there were 58 cows left, I still promised my cousin that he'd get the remaining 18. So what did my cousin do? He loaded all the cows in trucks and tried to hide them in a nearby village. We were informed of it, though, so we stopped him. And I still wanted to let him keep 18 cows. And he had the nerve to get upset because I wanted to "steal" 4 of his cows and because I didn't let him get the cows he wanted. So, he's disappeared with the best 22 cows.

I'm sorry about the rambling and the TMI but I'm at my wit's end. I can't even believe all of this is happening... My aunt has turned my other two aunts against me and they've been awful to us since my dad died. They even claim that my mom and I killed my dad. I'm trying to not let it get to me but it's too much. I can only hope that my dad can't really see us from wherever he is. He'd die of guilt all over again.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

Down 3lbs over the past 10 days. :-D

I'm going to be challenged today. Woke up with what has turned out to be pink eye. Got the meds and an order to stay home until I'm not contagious (24 hours). I'm stuck in this house with nothing but laundry and tv to stop me from eating. :/ At least I bought tons of fruit over the weekend if I do end up bored eating.

Hope everyone has a good week!
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:50 AM   #41  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

The Challenge has begun!!

Starting weights should be well and truly entered and this week is our first week of the challenge. How are you feeling about the weeks to come? Are you going to CRUSH it?! Yes you are! Believe!!

I've been doing really well with working out consistently, my knee doesn't seem to be giving me too much trouble. I was going to take a run yesterday but it was raining loads and today is no better so I've been substituting runs with spinning and T25 for now. Can't wait for the weather to clear up to get out there and test this knee!

Eating hasn't been amazing, but not terrible. Think my body is having a hard time adjusting to American food/different ways of preparing meals. I find myself really bloated a lot of the time. Just have to be careful to not get carried away with the giant meal sizes! I ordered half a portion of soup and half a sandwich and the sandwich was practically a FULL sandwich.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #42  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Alright, starting weight is updated with last Friday's official weigh-in. This Friday will be my first week weigh-in. Really, REALLY ready to lose some weight! I've been pretty stagnant this year so far.

I went on an awesome hike this weekend when we went camping. And my second 5K race is on Saturday! I'm quite sore from the hike, so resting today then doing some light running this week to prep for Saturday.

Marniadec - I am so sorry you're having to deal with that. As if death isn't awful enough, it seems it brings out the worst in family. I hope you are able to solve this without too much more heartache and frustration.

KellinaKatrina - Feel better!

Ries - Welcome to the states! I hope you are settling in well. I know portions are bigger, but out of curiosity, in what way is our food prepared differently? Hope you're able to get used to it. Cooking at home if you are able should keep you from having to deal with that too much I'm sure.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #43  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

So, I weigh in on Sundays usually. If I weigh in this coming Sunday, that's still part of week 1, right?

Riestrella: Yep, our portions in America are huge. I try to look at it as a positive, because then I get 2-4 meals out of what I order.

Marniadec: That sounds like such a difficult situation. I'm sorry that's happening to you, especially with the loss of your dad.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #44  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

noname - I know how you feel, I've not lost much weight this year either! Good luck on your second 5K, make sure to rest up before it . I think American food is cooked with different oils, sometimes butter, so that's something for my stomach to get used to. Also I think the way American bread is made is different to what I'm used to as well, I believe it has a lot more sugar than the bread I'm used to eating. It's hard to pinpoint exactly but I know that my stomach has a hard time with certain foods! You're right though, it usually gives me a funny reaction when I eat out, but I'm going to be cooking a lot so it'll be better knowing everything that goes into it .

Penny - I'm on US Mountain time, so as long as you have it done by the following Monday then you should make it in time! I do the charts on a Monday or Tuesday the week after. Yeah, leftovers are a great thing!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #45  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Marniadec - I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I don't really have anything helpful to say but hang in there.

Kellina - Ugh, pink eye is super unpleasant. Best wishes on healing quickly! The only time I've caught it I was out on the Plains for a 10 day storm chase. Stuck in the car all day with no meds...fun!

nonameslob - I've been stagnant this year too, but glad to have stopped the gaining. Hooray for a great hike!

Riestrella - Welcome to Boulder! I hope you are settling in well. The rain yesterday was crazy, so atypical. I sort of enjoyed it but stayed off the highway so I wouldn't hydroplane. The restaurant portions here are giant for sure, but it's kind of nice as I tend to cut my food in half and have a luch for the next day. One of the few foods things with whichI have discpline! I've heard from others that American bread tastes sweeter too. That's interesting to me, as I never noticed it tasting different when I was in the UK or in continental Europe.

I'm very excited for this challenge starting. I feel motivated once again and have been pretty good about tracking my food recently. The scale has rewarded me for it! I'm moving apartments in a couple months and that's just generally helping me elevate my mood compared to the last month or so, where everything was crazy stress and out of control.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote