Old 05-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Thank you so much! It's so lovely to meet you! I am loving this thread...it's so inspiring and is keeping me accountable, for sure! I haven't worn a bikini in 8 years!! I can't wait to feel good in one again!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 188/143/135

Height: 5'5

So, I'm changing my weight for this weeks weigh in! Last week really motivated me to get back on track. I made mostly good decisions low carb wise but went a little over calories at a mexican resturant and had a couple bites of a sweet potato (with brown sugar) so I was worried checking the scale today. But It hit 170. I haven't eaten yet and it was right before my shower so I'm not sure how long it will stick (we'll see what I am at the doctor's tomorrow) but I was so excited to see that number that I did a little happy dance. So my final post for this week will be 170. Looking forward to seeing what losses come next week.
Kaheney- I'm sure you'll be rocking a bikini in no time!
Riestrella- How do you like the new smart phone? My fiance' keeps talking about switching to a flip phone but I think he'lll miss his iphone in the long run. Also being low carb I had to cut out pizza, it's seriously one of my most missed foods! I've had dreams about it lol. To me it's definitely worth saving calories for an occasional piece! Hope you enjoyed yours!

Last edited by ketobride; 05-10-2015 at 11:11 AM.
ketobride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #78  

Height: 5'6''

I just added my name to the spreadsheet (little late to the party, I know!) I'm excited to have this thread for support; it's always easier when I know I'm not alone.
**please let me know if I didn't do it correctly (it looks right, but you never know!)
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #79  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Oof, things have been a bit crazy. Just a quick update! Week 3 at the same weight. I'd be sad about that, but my average daily weight is going down! Woohoo! This week I was only in the 180s once Never thought I'd see the end of them so honestly I am thrilled.

I had a few interviews last week including a Skype interview. I have two more Skype interviews this week plus another phone interview, so hopefully I'll have some offers soon. My boyfriend should know by Wednesday if he is getting an offer as well (and if he does, we would be moving in just few weeks). This move to Denver is getting real!

I'm trying to keep myself in check because I know how easy it is to go off the rails during a stressful time. My mom suggested I just do one thing each day to help get ready for the move so I'm going to try that. Exercise calms my nerves, I just have to make the time for it and stop sleeping in lol. Haven't been running quite as much since my 5K.

Hope everyone is doing well with this challenge and life in general. Personals another day!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #80  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Week 2 Charts!

-----------------------------------

Hey guys!

Gah, I am struggling HARDCORE with this American food thing. It's just so good and we've been eating out so much ;_;. I had pizza TWO days in a row, then went to a burger place for date night, then last night it was Mother's day so we went to a Mexican place. My weight has been staying stubborn at 164 lbs, which is NOT surprising with all this crap I'm eating + TOM on the way.

As for exercise - it's going awesome. At first I was putting pressure on myself to do something every day but I KNOW from experience that doesn't work for me, so I decided to stick to 4 times a week minimum. Yesterday I did a T25 and today was a day off. Did I mention I've entered myself into the Bolder Boulder 10K? Got my number and my t-shirt - though I won't wear it until I've done the race.

-------------------

keto - I only record my weights in the morning, I find they are the most accurate! I can gain 5 lbs in a day just by exercising/eating/drinking. So to me, you're 170 lbs - great job!! I love my smart phone, I've never had one but I can see why people get a bit addicted. I've found myself looking at it a bit too much, so I need to make sure to put it down. I love the camera most of all...it's not amazing but it's so easy to take quick snaps on the go! Haha, I have dreams of food that I do eat so I can only imagine the suffering you go through!

char - All looks fine, just be sure to enter some weights or you might get moved to standby next week!

NNS - Huge congrats on all your interviews, which is one of the hardest parts of job searching. The fact you're getting so many interviews is definitely a positive sign, good luck! I agree with your Mum, take things one day at a time, make a super list and just go through one thing each day. Hang in there!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #81  

S/C/G: SW-208, GW-150, IW-125

Height: 5foot 2.5 inches

I drank for the first time in 6 weeks last weekend and it just killed me among other things.... and we are having a party this weekend but I am trying to control my calorie intake by having healthy snacks so there is no option other than to eat something good.

Hoping I can work my way down to where I want to be
nlladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #82  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm back from vacation! Having a bit of a breakfast before settling in to a long day of meetings and trying to finish up yet another report that is due tomorrow. The management company is being super annoying with their showings. They are not willing to work with us and are just telling us when they schedule the showings, then giving very unsubtle reminders that the place will rent faster if it's clean. Our place is clean. If they want it cleaner, wait for us to move out. We are busy trying to live!

I more or less maintained my weight when on vacation, which is good. The stress of work and moving right now is a struggle for me though as I need to give very precise thought and energy into diet and exercise. Back to dance classes tonight though, so hopefully that kicks off progress.

Riestrella - Homemade fajitas are very delicious. Tis the season for them now, too! I actually work in the buildings right near where the diagonal leaves town. Only climate and fancy people work on the ones near the Flatirons. But if you're looking for a good hiking trailhead, I like the one up by those buildings because there is ample parking and it connects to many of the trails. A bit less crowded than Chautauqua. Visiting the farm was sad but worth it. I'm glad I went, and I'm glad my boyfriend got a chance to see it! Though the buyers are neighbors/friends and will welcome us to visit the land.

Also hooray for getting your Bolder Boulder registration done! I'm thinking I might stay out of Boulder that weekend myself.

charbreaker - Welcome! This is definitely a fun/motivating thread.

nonameslob - Best of luck to you both for hearing something soon. How exciting that the move is getting more real!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey all! I just thought I'd update! I have just joined a UFC boxing gym, and the weight is basically melting off of me! It's the best workout I have done since I was a competitive gymnast! SO GOOD! I am also super into Zumba these days as well as taking my jazz and tap classes! All in all, super active, eating super healthily, and feeling happier and happier with how this process is going!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #84  

This week my scale has been fluctuating from 170 to 169. I'm so ready to be out of the 170s. I haven't been very good about exercise since I moved home for the summer. I think I'm joining a boot camp class in June and possibly taking a zumba class a couple nights a week starting then too. Until then I know I have to get back in the habit of walking (hopefully running soon) and maybe doing a workout video at home. The activity may help the lbs come off a little faster. It's also almost that TOM so hopefully once that passes I'll have nice little drop in weight.

Noname- Congrats on the interviews and staying being out of the 180s! How did the interviews go?
Riestrella Good luck on your 10k! When is the race? I desperately want to do the diva run 5k in Atlanta by September but I need to get more motivated to start transitioning from walking to running.
atmos When do you move? I hope things get less stressful for you soon!
KahaneyGlad things are going so well for you!! All of your exercises sound like a ton of fun, especially the boxing and zumba! Glad you're feeling happier and healthier!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #85  

Height: 5'6''

Just got back from Zumba; always a blast! Might change my weigh-in for this week. I've got some bloating due to my period and that always bumps me up a pound or so. Keep going, friends!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Hi! I hope everyone has been doing well this week. I'm a little bit disappointed myself. I was doing so well, and then I ended up being sick to my stomach in the middle of the night 2 nights ago and I've been feeling exhausted ever since. I'm not sure if I caught a bug, but my weight has pretty much stayed the same as a result of lack of exercise and laziness to cook healthy meals. I am only just starting to feel better tonight so I hope I can pick up where I left off tomorrow!

Happy weekend

Edit: Just weighed in today and I lost a significant amount of weight...I started taking Metamucil recently by recommendation by a GI and I think that it is suppressing my appetite and the culprit of my nausea. I might not be drinking enough water with it?

Last edited by sydneymarisa; 05-17-2015 at 11:38 AM.
sydneymarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #87  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

ketobride - I move in just over a month, and I'm very happy about it! Hopefully they'll rent the place soon and quit doing showings. Work is getting a bit better too, thank you. I hope you enjoy Zumba. I've heard good things about it, and personally I live for the dance! :shamrock:

I weighed in a bit higher yesterday, but I think that's due to my first lifting session in about a month on Saturday. I started back at the beginning, and my sore thigh duck waddle today is telling me it was good not to try to pick up where I left off! I hope my legs ease up before dance tonight.

I'm finally easing back into proper eating as well. I'll get there eventually. At least I haven't been gaining.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #88  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi guys, I know that I missed like half the challenge but I think that I'm back. I've had more issues with my dad's sister (she's trying to steal more of my heritage) and my mom and I have been very busy with all of it.

On top of that, I've rescued eight kittens since April 28th. A six week-old who was extremely malnourished and had distemper, four ~two-week-olds (before I'd even gotten the chance to disinfect everything after Maya died) and 3 newborns the day after. All seven have survived and the older babies are almost weaned and they're about to go to a foster home, so I'm getting less busy.

I haven't really dieted, I've been eating out of stress and exhaustion. Now I just realized that I effed up a bit. I've been wearing black since my brother died and I'd decided to stop on my birthday, which is on May 26th. I've even bought non-black clothes that I'm supposed to wear to my birthday dinner and now I'm getting all anxious that they won't fit. So, I've stopped eating ice-cream and I'm trying to at least lose some water-weight and maybe a pound before next week.

I've also taken up vaping again. I'd stopped smoking for ~2 years and I started smoking again shortly after my brother died. Then after dad joined him I went up to two packs a day. I've been vaping for a few days and today I went completely smoke-free. I hope it sticks this time...

I'm off to feed 10 cats now. Dear Lord...

Last edited by Marniadec; 05-18-2015 at 05:39 PM. Reason: The Runt from Litter #1 clicked post quick reply. :p
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #89  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Week 3 Charts Everyone!!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #90  

Last night and both times I weighed today the scale said 168! It was fluctuating between 169 and 170 so I think i'm out of the 170s now! That means I've lost 20 lbs exactly since I switched to a low carb lifestyle. I'm very excited and motivated today!

Last edited by ketobride; 05-18-2015 at 09:27 PM.