Old 04-27-2015, 11:32 PM   #46  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

atmos - Thanks! Yeah, the boyfriends parents are getting all miserable that this rain hasn't cleared up - but to me it's normal weather!! It's definitely a good idea to take half home, I did it with a hummus wrap I ordered but when I ate it the day after it gave me an awful stomach ache . Not sure what happened, it was all vegetables! Great to hear that you're feeling motivated! Surprising that the thought of moving is helping you, I always get all stressy around a move!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #47  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Riestrella: There's something about left over food from restaurants that I just can't handle eating later. . . Unless its Pizza, because then its better the next day anyway.

I'm going to make wednesday my official weigh-in day even though I try to weigh daily. I'm trying to get goo exercise in but I am swamped with nursing Finals coming up in two weeks. I try to tell myself I have 30 minutes to take a quick walk/ run and to stop making excuses, because that's all it really is. I've been eating well but this weekend completely messed me up. I ate out 4 times between Friday and Sunday. There are only so many times that you can order a salad at a restaurant when everyone else is eating a big fat juicy burger that you can say no. I paid for it when it came to the scale, but I'm back on track and the scale is slowly moving to where it was.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #48  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Riestrella - I think it's something about a new start. I enjoy being in a new neighborhood and a new space (just rearranging my work office did wonders for me a couple weeks ago). I was stressed when trying to find a place, but now that I've secured one I'm looking forward to being there and no longer having a roommate. I'll get stressy on moving weekend for sure, though.

kailpea - Good luck on your exams! I find getting out for even a 15 minute walk can help reset my mind to keep working.

I'm debating whether to go to my drills class tonight or just the team dancing. Being at the studio for 3 hours would keep me from snacking excessively, but I do get burned out from being around a bunch of kids and I was exhausted during yesterday's 75 min class.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #49  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Today I went on my first run in a month...it went really well! For those who might not know, I somehow managed to eff up my knee early March at the beginning of 10K training (just my luck). I've not been able to run on it properly since then but today I managed it with no major issues. It niggles a little bit, but whereas before it would hurt so much I had to stop I didn't feel that need today.

I thought I was running the best run of my life, my Garmin measured the distance as 2.3 miles in 22:06 which would have been a 9:36 min/mi...but I knew something was up with the distance since I wanted to do 2.5 miles and by the time I reached home base I was at 2.3. Turns out my Garmin had put my starting place a block over so the distance was screwed up and my pace was definitely not 9:36 min/mi but rather 11 something min/mi!! Here I was thinking something in the Colorado air had turned me into a super runner!!

Feeling glad I did it though and very happy that my knee didn't give way. I've iced it and it is definitely sore, but glad it didn't stop me on the run.

kailpea - Mmm...pizza. I haven't had it yet! I'm definitely feeling a craving for it since coming to America. Good luck with your finals, definitely a great idea to get out for 30 minutes a day to clear your head up. I've been eating out loads too, so despite my exercise efforts the scale hasn't budged. It has to be a combination of everything for me!

atmos - Exciting to be living with no roommate! Where will you be living now? Oh boy...being around kids is exhausting! I can understand the want to avoid that at times!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #50  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

kailpea - Finals are a stressful time! Be kind to yourself. Good luck!

atmos - You keep SO active with your dancing! How many days a week do you go? Sounds very frequent.

Riestrella - Glad your run went well yesterday! You know what weird? The GPS on my running app did the same thing yesterday. It was telling me I had already run 2 miles and at a 6min/mile pace (LOL) and when I looked at the map later, it was all over the place like I was drunk! But you still ran at a good pace and now that you're back at it you can bring it back up in no time I'm sure.

My bikini top came in the mail yesterday. I decided to take some "before" pictures for this challenge. I also compared it to last year's bathing suit photos from the summer challenge and wow. That was so cool to look at. I've only lost about 25-30 pounds since last summer, but the difference is really obvious in those pictures. So, that felt good. I won't be prancing around a beach in my bikini anytime soon, but I'm glad I at least own one and can slowly work on becoming comfortable in it.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #51  
Irish dance addict

Riestrella - I'll be moving to Louisville, so not too far away but out of "city life" in Boulder. I'm a country girl by birth and I'm getting a little crowded in such a condensed town. I'll be right in walking distance to groceries, liquor store (I do like my wine and craft beer), and Main St. All I'm in walking distance to now is Boulder Beer and their beer leaves a bit to be desired!

That's awesome about you having a great run, even at altitude! Glad your knee is holding for you.

nonameslob - I have classes 3 times a week, and sometimes I take two classes on Tuesday for a total of 4 classes. I should be practicing more at home, though. Sometimes I'm on top of it, sometimes I don't practice at home for weeks. I am learning a bunch of new solo steps right now and I'm hoping I'll push everything out of beginner come June!

Hooray for your bikini! That's great about the before and after pictures, and I personally don't think there needs to be an "only" before 25-30 lbs. That's amazing progress for a year!

I was all set to skip out of dance classes yesterday. I definitely missed drills class and made myself a nice healthy dinner, but 20 min before my teams class was to start I decided to be productive and get my butt down to dance. Fortunately the highway was clear of traffic! So +1 to me for getting in some exercise, even if I didn't do my cleaning chores.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 188/143/135

Height: 5'5

I just joined the site today! I was wondering if it's too late to join the challenge?

Last edited by ketobride; 04-29-2015 at 02:35 PM.
ketobride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #53  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

nonameslob:
25-30 pounds is awesome!! what does the bikini look like? I saw a few at Target yesterday that looked so cute! I tried them on too, but it was hard for me to feel comfortable in it

Riestrella:
congrats on the run-- after being sidelined from running, I'm sure it was awesome to return to it! good luck on starting your marathon training again.

atmos: wow you are so committed to dancing, that's awesome! good for you for not skipping your class

ketobride: Welcome!

I have a 5k this Saturday and not looking forward to it But, I'm going to do my best. I just found out my tickets are untimed/non-chipped so I think that's going to take away from the competitiveness of it.

Anyone planning on watching the mayweather/pacquiao fight? I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I'm super excited to watch it!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:26 AM   #54  
Call me NNS!

kisskiss: This is the top (in orange)

I already had matching bottoms, which I can't link to because they must finally be sold out but they are super cute and have little ruffles on them lol. I have the tankini version of the top already and the bikini top was too cheap to pass up. Boden has a lot of nice suits on clearance right now if you're looking... decent coverage, good quality.

I am feeling the same way about my 5K Saturday. I know I just did one two weeks ago, but I am feeling unprepared and unfit lately. I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning to run, and last night I only lasted a mile. Let's just do our best on Saturday and try to have fun!

ketobride - Welcome!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #55  
Irish dance addict

kisskiss and nonameslob - Best of luck this weekend on your 5k races! I'm sure you will both do much better than you think you will.

I managed an impromptu gathering with some friends last night that included keeping in my calories (thank you Panera for posting calories on your menu board) and getting some exercise in. I'm not good at doing things last minute, especially during the work week, yet I always moan about never doing anything with friends. So this was a personal triumph!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #56  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey dudes!

Not much to report on. Been getting bloated a lot more recently, I think it's the sodium in things that's not helping me. I know the bf was the same way when he came back from Japan. Every now and then my stomach will bloat up like I'm pregnant! It's really uncomfortable.

I did a 40 minute stint on the spin bike yesterday, which is my cross training, I wanted to give up at around 30 minutes but I did the full 40. Today I was going to go on a 2.5 mile run but it's soooo warm today! My English Rose self is not used to it! I decided I'll go on it later today, probably around 5pm when it's cooler. Bf is going kickboxing at that time so it'll give me an incentive to go out too. I'll have to start waking up earlier to beat the sunshine. We went on a 3 mile walk today, scouting out my future "long run" route, it's so pretty and next to a stream! The only issue is it is on a road, but it's not too busy so I think it won't be too much of an issue. I'm not a big fan of running next to roads but for where I live I don't have much of a choice.

Tomorrow is going to be my cheat day since I'm getting married tomorrow. Not a big ceremony or exchanging vows, just going into the clerk and recorder office and signing our marriage licence. We're then going to watch the new Avengers film, then go to Good Times and get the biggest, greasiest and my most favourite burger ever! It's terrible for me, but what the heck it's our wedding day . Looking forward to it!

-----------------------

NNS - "I've only lost 25-30 lbs" are you kidding me?! That's an awesome amount to lose!!! I bet those before and after pictures gave you a huge boost to do some hard work for this challenge. I love progress pictures, it can really be a pickmeup when one is feeling down. That's so weird both our GPS went crazy on the same day! Maybe there was something wrong with the satellite? I apparently did a 6 minute mile too!! I literally thought I had sprinted the first mile without realising, haha! I'm sure you'll be fine on your 5K, the adrenaline will kick in and make you do well .

atmos - My boyfriends sister lives in Louisville, I think she likes it there! I'm inbetween Boulder and Longmont so we're in the middle of nowhere (no shops in walking distance!) so I feel a bit isolated. I can't drive yet either so I have to rely on the boyfriend for getting around at the moment. Sounds like you've been pushing yourself to do more outside of your relax/comfort zone, which is awesome! I was at Panera on 29th and that's where I encountered the giant half sandwich, hah! You know I only felt the altitude for the first 3 days but after that it wasn't so bad! Which is surprising I thought it would be a lot worse.

kisskiss - The bf was planning on watching the fight but found out it would cost $100 to stream on the TV! What a rip off. If he had a big group I'm sure it'd be fine but just for him it's too much money. Have you run more than a 5K before? I tend to do around a 5K most days so it's just a normal run for me (not trying to brag I promise!) so I bet you'll do fine . If I can haul my tubby self for 5K then I'm sure your slender self will do well!!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #57  
Call me NNS!

Whoa, marriages all around in this thread. CONGRATULATIONS Mr. and Mrs. Riestrella! Have a wonderful day today and enjoy your wedding burger

Okay, okay, you guys so the "only 25-30 pounds" thing was dumb. I looked back at the numbers at it's been 25 pounds and that's really awesome. I think I'm just feeling down because this year has been SO SLOW with my loss so far, but I'm still improving my health in other ways.

In other, non-weight-loss news, I have TWO phone interviews lined up for jobs in Denver! First one is today. Weight loss related, this move is definitely making me want to pick up the weight loss pace. I'd really love to get a little closer to goal before the move, because like you ladies have pointed out, it is an awfully healthy state (though Denver no where near as much as Boulder).

atmos - I love the calories on the Panera menu. Not to mention their food is good and you can get a really filling meal for low calories. Yay for being social AND staying on plan!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #58  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Hi all! I just have to consciously remember to update my weigh-ins on Mondays, since I usually do on Fridays.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #59  
Irish dance addict

Riestrella - Congrats on your marriage! I hope you're having a wonderful day. Not sure exactly where you are, but if you're not too far into rural land there is a local bus that goes from Gunbarrel into Boulder or the regional bus goes down the Diagonal if you're in walking distance to that. Though the regional buses are kind of expensive if you don't have a pass.
Do you have a bicycle yet?

nonameslob - I feel you with the slow loss, it gets frustrating! Best of luck on your interviews. If you were to move out here, we'd have quite a good Front Range representation on this thread! I don't get down to Denver much because I'm not a city lover, but it's fun when I do. I think I'm going down there tomorrow to see dinosaurs, because dinosaurs are the best.

Ciao - I think you could just put your weights in on Friday, as long as it's during the Monday week, if that's easier for you! Hope you are having a good Beltane today.

Last night I worked til past 10pm on a work project due today. My job is getting beyond frustrating with all these deadlines falling on my shoulders since my boss left. If I can just make it through May I'll be fine. I think. Diet and exercise considerations were straight out the window yesterday and I'm up in water weight as a result, but I think the key is just buckling down today and not slipping out of the healthy habits. I'm feeling surprisingly positive today, upward and onward!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 188/143/135

Height: 5'5

Atmos- I hope thinks improve at work! I've noticed that during finals week my diet and exercise went out the window too. Glad I'm not alone! I'll definitely be buckling down this week too.
ketobride is offline   Reply With Quote