Old 06-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #136  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I have a new challenge up!! Please sign up for it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...challenge.html
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #137  

Height: 5'6''

Ries- That's really helpful to hear. It's been getting harder to resist temptation with food. But food is a major factor when those last few pounds are trying to come off. Good for you doing Insanity! I've done some of the workouts, and while I know I burned a bunch of calories, high intensity interval training has proven to be a bit too difficult for me. At that point anyway. Maybe I'll reconsider.

Oh, and I was shocked when I realized how much sodium affected my diet alongside calories, sugar, and fat. It's crazy!

I'm thrilled there's another challenge! I already signed up!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #138  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

charbreaker - What point did you try it? It's such a hard workout, I had just run a 10K when I first started so my stamina was pretty good. I think it would be a great "lose the last 10 or so lbs" workout! Oh yeah, it's crazy right? Sodium is such a big one! Whee, so glad people are starting to sign up!
Old 06-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #139  

Height: 5'6''

I tried it a few years ago; I imagine I'm in better shape now, but I recently did a HIIT class which had similar exercises and it nearly killed me; my stamina is better than it used to be but isn't great. I recently loaned the Insanity DVDs to my brother...I only have the Max ones with me...maybe I should see about getting those back. Insanity might be really helpful for removing those last stubborn pounds!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #140  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by charbreaker View Post
I tried it a few years ago; I imagine I'm in better shape now, but I recently did a HIIT class which had similar exercises and it nearly killed me; my stamina is better than it used to be but isn't great. I recently loaned the Insanity DVDs to my brother...I only have the Max ones with me...maybe I should see about getting those back. Insanity might be really helpful for removing those last stubborn pounds!
As long as you do it at your own pace and push yourself I'm sure you'll be fine doing Insanity! Plus, with the last stubborn pounds it's all about getting out of your comfort zone, so if you think Insanity will do that then definitely see about getting those DVDs back . You can do it! If 160+ lb me can do it then you can too!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:00 PM   #141  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Whew...just did the Fit Test for Insanity and felt like I was dying!! But I'm so happy to have Insanity back in my routine, it really does get me sweating like crazy and makes me feel like I'm really pushing myself. Tomorrow I'm going on a 7 mile walk/hike, I can't wait! Got 4 times in this week so I'm pretty pumped to keep it up through next week then the next challenge begins .

I weighed 164 lbs today because I ate too much yesterday. After doing the fit test and feeling exactly how overeating makes me feel when I workout is really putting me off eating too much (and crap food at that!). I'm sure that tomorrow it'll go down, just have to be really good with water today and what I eat for dinner

Tomorrow is the start of our last week! Let's make it count!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 188/143/135

Height: 5'5

I meant to add last weeks weight in yesterday and forgot. It's 162 but I'm on my phone at work so I can't update. I'll try to update tonight after work and a workout
ketobride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #143  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Chart Everyone! THIS WEEK IS THE LAST WEEK!

Old 06-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #144  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm a bit lost. So did the last week START on the 22nd, or did it END on the 22nd? Like, do we have until next Monday for our final weigh in? Somehow I lost track of how the weeks go. Lol!

Last edited by Penny105; 06-23-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #145  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post
I'm a bit lost. So did the last week START on the 22nd, or did it END on the 22nd? Like, do we have until next Monday for our final weigh in? Somehow I lost track of how the weeks go. Lol!
This week is our last week! Final weights are due Sunday 28th
Old 06-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #146  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks, Reistrella!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

This is maybe something really stupid, but I have started being able to see some collar bone definition on myself again, and I've always kind of thought of that as a sign that the weight loss is actually starting to work! I am 16 pounds down from the start of this challenge, but am 20 pounds down from the time I joined this forum! It was hard to see the weight loss at first, but I think I am just able to see some for myself now, finally! I am pretty excited about it and just thought I'd share! I am the same weight I was back in 2006...when I was 18. I still have a ways to go, but 20 pounds seems like a good milestone to share and celebrate!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #148  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Oh man, my legs are killing me! I did the Insanity Fit Test then the day after went on a 7 mile walk/hike. Yesterday I could barely walk! Today they're still a bit sore, but I might tough it out and go on a short run to try and loosen them up a bit. The scale was 163.4 lbs today, but I had already eaten breakfast so I'm guessing I was a little lighter than that. I was too lazy to get up and weigh and breakfast was brought to me in bed! I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll get down to 162 lbs and actually have a minor loss for the challenge.

Tomorrow I'm going to be dog sitting for friends of the in-laws. I've got to make a bunch of spice mixes today to take with me for dinners, pack a bag and also go shopping for the stay. We'll be there for just under a week. I think it'll be nice to live with just me and the fella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaney View Post
This is maybe something really stupid, but I have started being able to see some collar bone definition on myself again, and I've always kind of thought of that as a sign that the weight loss is actually starting to work! I am 16 pounds down from the start of this challenge, but am 20 pounds down from the time I joined this forum! It was hard to see the weight loss at first, but I think I am just able to see some for myself now, finally! I am pretty excited about it and just thought I'd share! I am the same weight I was back in 2006...when I was 18. I still have a ways to go, but 20 pounds seems like a good milestone to share and celebrate!
Huge congrats!! You're doing such an amazing job! I know exactly how you feel, when I reached my lowest weight a few years ago I started to see my hip bones and I thought it was the best thing in the world!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, lady! It is pretty exciting when you can finally start seeing the results of all the hard work, willpower and restraint!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #150  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Well, my final weight is in. Looking at that chart...wow, just wow! I see so much awesome success! Great job guys, to everyone who met, exceeded or worked hard towards their goals!

I am technically up two tenths of a pound from my starting weight - I'll call that a success with a goal of maintenance! I'm having a hard time getting myself into that mindset, though. Even though I told myself its time for a break, I still get excited at the prospect of a new low and mildly disappointed when I don't get one. I don't want to put the scale away, because I know that daily weighing is one of the keys of maintaining successfully. But what I thought would be a good break mentally is a lot harder to process than I expected.

I'm super excited for the next challenge since the focus is exercise!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote