Old 12-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

noname Yeah, that was what I assumed I could do, but of the three dresses I liked, two turned out not to be available online at all, and the 3rd was available but only is a size 2!

izzyboomama I'm really reluctant to have things altered, especially since I'm looking for a dress on the cheaper end. It seems ridiculous to have alterations done on a $25 dress.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #167  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Well, got through training yesterday. We were all frustrated though because the presenters barely had an idea what they were talking about, and became defensive when we asked questions they couldn't answer. There were multiple topics that we really need answered (as a profession) that they specifically said they will not address today, again. That's what I need to know so I can do my job!! It's incredibly frustrating trying to get special needs kids what they need through government departments. It's crazy. I wish I could just help the kids and have maybe a quarter of the paperwork I have now! It's just too much paperwork now, not to mention doing the same stuff multiple times for different departments and not getting paid.

We ended up getting lunch at a pizza place (not great!) but I managed to only hit 1500 calories for the day yesterday despite that, unfortunately I didn't workout, because I ended up with a nasty headache and feeling nauseated. I ended up resting last night. I'll probably work out today. I think I may be ovulating soon (because of the sick feeling) but I still have so many errands to run today! Hopefully I can get everything done.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #168  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

With Christmas, New Year's and several other holiday parties coming up, I'm trying to have a strategy. I did very well over Thanksgiving, even though it was hours out of town and I wasn't allowed to cook anything in the house I stayed at. I'm hoping to do well over the next holiday block, too. I basically packed some healthy food and ate that, and budgeted for a larger holiday meal. I'm still surprised it worked, since it hasn't before.

Anyone have strategies they like for the holidays?

---
Claygirl1518: Sorry about your less-then-helpful training. It's never a good sign when facilitators refuse to answer questions.

Riestrella: I enjoy your challenges just the way they are. They're very flexible for whatever people want to do. You can be as competitive or not as you want. That's one of the things I love about them.

nonameslob: Happy Birthday!
(Right? You mentioned yesterday that Saturday is your birthday.)

izzyboomama: Do you have any workout videos you really love? I have always had a very hard time with them, which I don't like because it seems like an easy way to get some convenient variety (which I want). I can only do some yoga and pilates videos - anything with cardio makes me very cranky.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-06-2014 at 10:08 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #169  

Well, I'm sitting here in one of my pairs of 14s! They're snug right now... I'm trying to stretch them out a little bit! I have some other 14s (from lee) that are still super tight, they're really snug fits! It's crazy the differences across the exact same size. My 16s are getting to the point of being ridiculously big though, so I hope the rest of my 14s start fitting better soon. The good news is, I can zip up all my pants to size 12, so.. that's much better than before. My ultimate goal is to get back into my 10s, but that's a long way off. I'm just glad to be in a pair of 14s again, feels much better than my 16w's that's for sure!

I have a fancy xmas party to go to on monday for my husbands work, and I really want a long dress that makes me feel gorgeous. I went looking today for most of the day, and found... NOTHING! Everything was either just boring/ugly, or waayy to pricy for me. Not to mention, a lot of the stores just had nothing to choose from. Sad. I think I'll go look again on monday morning and hope I find something!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #170  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all! I hit 188 today! So that is just 3lbs away from my Xmas goal of 185. I am excited to be working my way far far from 200lbs. Having my first planned off-roading adventure tonight with pizza and ice cream, taking a deload week from powerlifting to focus on finals and then I am gonna focus on getting my upper body strength up there. Also been hoop dancing, working on duck outs and vertical tricks.

Overall I feel great after seeing 188, ready for finals to be over and looking forward to a vacation.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am on here from my iPad mini and it makes it harder to type a lot.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post

I do 2 week maintenance breaks every few months, and it's probably the only time I EVER eat fast food, but I end up not craving it again until the next break. Funny how the works.

Noname, the only time I had a really successful weight loss was in my 20s. All the girls in the office used to go out for pizza for lunch every Friday. I only allowed myself to go if I had lost 5 lbs since the last time I went. They say you shouldn't reward yourself with food, but it really helped me and I maintained my loss for 10 years. And I didn't have to give up pizza altogether.

Claygirl, I think you are doing the right thing by calling your mother when YOU are ready. Don't cave to her pressure and she will get used to this. You seem to have enough going on in your life right now without this, too.

I just realized I'm posting in the 20 something area and NOT the challenge thread, so I'm getting the heck out of here! I definately don't belong! LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-07-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #172  

It's xmas party week... I have 4 xmas parties to go to. This is going to be a rough one for dieting! We had my husband's army xmas party today, didn't do so well with food today (ate about 1700 cals, but worked out for 45 minutes, hopefully that helps!) Another party tomorrow, then 2 more later this week. It's hard to control the food when I don't make it. I'm just going to try to compensate through portions and exercise, hopefully it will be a good week!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #173  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Here are the week 5 charts!

20-Somethings Chart:

Overall Chart:
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #174  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

LiannaKole Thank you!

My parents got me a Nutribullet for my birthday that I can't WAIT to use! I've been using a blender, and it's just not great at making fruit & veggie smoothies. This should also be a lot easier to use and clean. Time to stock up on smoothie fixings!

I think I did fairly well this weekend considering it was my birthday. My weight is at a good place right now where I think I will see a new low come Saturday morning, but my losses have been so epically slow to come lately. Just a few more pounds by the end of the year would make me so happy! I'm also crossing my fingers I can get onto the top 20 chart by next week.

Great job everyone, keep it up!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #175  
Always Dreaming

S/C/G: 160/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post

P.S. - Draconicdreams if you're reading this, you're definitely keeping me on my toes to make sure I keep on track!
Just saw this! I'm glad I'm keeping you on track!
DraconicDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #176  

noname:

The nutribullet is awesome! We love ours, I bet you will love yours too. I'm not making as many smoothies right now because it's so cold, but I still use it all the time to make soups, eggwhite pancakes, protein smoothies with PB2 (yum!) all kinds of good stuff.

I hope you enjoy it!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #177  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

I'm so disgusted with myself :-( I've been eating cookies like its my job for the past 3 days. I got down to 269 and celebrated by eating whatever I want. Wth!
I've just got to buckle down!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #178  

Well, went to my husband's work's xmas party last night, and it was great. You wouldn't think so, but Waffle House is a great company. My husband manages a waffle house here in south carolina. Anyway, I was excited because I bought myself a new pretty pink dress (with pink high heels to match!) that fit me well. Best thing about the dress? Toss up between the fact that it's pink and it has pockets! I love a pretty dress with pockets, I really do. It was nice to be able to dress up and have a nice time. We got a gift too! Every year at the waffle house xmas party we play this game where Rod (area vice president, nice guy) reads a story about the "right" family, and whenever he says "right" or "left" we pass objects around the table, and at the end of the story, whoever has the "button" gets to pick a present from under the tree. This year we got the button and got a set of pyrex dishes, which I actually wanted anyway, so it worked out for us! We had a nice dinner, and it was nice to talk to everyone too.

Somehow despite eating a heavy dinner and apple crisp I am at 192.4 this morning! I think it's because my ovulation is over so hopefully I'm just catching up with my weightloss. In the realm of other good news, when I was shopping for a dress for the party, I was actually able to fit into all the dresses I picked out. It's nice to be able to pick a dress based on what I like better, not on the few things that fit! That was so nice, honestly. Last time I went shopping for a dress I couldn't find size 16s, and yesterday 14s and 12s fit, which are so much easier to find too.

I'm just really hoping I can reach my goal of 189 by new year's... it's definitely a stretch at this point 3.5 lbs to go... hopefully I'll get there!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #179  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all, with the holidays and finals I am just hoping to see 188lbs again on Saturday, and not 189 or, eek, 190!

Of course, if that is the case I will know why it happened and will just go about my life, but I really hope it will be 188 or 187.

I am trying to remember how impossibly far away the 180's felt when I was stuck at 195, and how impossibly far away 199 felt when I was stuck at 203...and so on.

I guess it's easy to forget where we came from though when things are tough. I cried so hard when I saw 295lbs on the scale and now I am 188lbs.

I have a lot to be grateful for.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #180  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Deleted because I'm making like Elsa and letting it go!

Last edited by izzyboomama; 12-10-2014 at 08:25 AM.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote