Old 12-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #196  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I've been in a huge stall since I've been sick the past... almost 2 weeks now! It's been a week since I've worked out, I'm going to hop on today since I'm starting to feel a little better again. Last week after I started feeling really awful I went up a pound ( to 193.4) and it hasn't come back off yet, I've been consistently at that weight. I will admit I haven't been great as far as eating the last couple days, but I've been OP for about 5 days, and around maintenance for 2 days (xmas parties...).

I'm just hoping that the weight will start coming off again soon. Right now I'm thinking that because I've been so sick I'm probably retaining water, not to mention salty foods at xmas parties are probably contributing to that. I'm still so exhausted. I could sleep all day and still feel exhausted, but I'm so bored! I'm going to try to go out today and run some errands so I don't go stir crazy!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #197  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Wow so many close to goal, you all can do it!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #198  

Well, I'm still ridiculously stuffed up, but I was able to workout for 45 minutes yesterday which was good. It was so much harder to work out though! I was exhausted by the end but it was good. I weighed in at 192.6 today, which is good, but my total body water is still quite high the last week or so. I don't think ill make it to goal by new years unfortunately, we're running out of time! My weight loss has just been all messed up since I got sick. That's disappointing, but I've still lost a good bit, so that is nice.

Hopefully the next few weeks will be good ones!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #199  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! I'm still around, just getting ready for my boyfriend's visit on Saturday. I can't believe it's been 5 months since I saw him. I feel as if I've been working myself up to the moment so much that I don't feel excited anymore...does that make sense?! I'm sure on Saturday when I'm on the way to the airport I'll get all nervous like I always do.

So my weight has been cruising between 160/161 lbs. It's Christmas time and I'm definitely feeling the temptations around me, mainly CHOCOLATE! So bad but so good, it's definitely my worse habit right now. My boyfriend is a super fit dude so he's determined to work out consistently while he's here, so I'm sure that will inspire me to do the same.

draconicdreams has overtaken me on the chart, bravo, miss! Though I'm disappointed to slip down places on the charts I feel I've done really well on this challenge considering I'm usually bringing up the rear in these things!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #200  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone!

TOM is coming to an end today which is really awesome. Grades are posted tomorrow and I am feeling like I am getting back to my normal self. I was a little off plan there this weekend.

Yesterday at lunch I went for a run and today after work I am going to strength train. Tomorrow I will be doing Christmas shopping, which is almost exercise enough, but I also think I will do some hoop dancing just to really shake off some of the stress. And then off course there's HIIT And another strength session before the weekend.

I already know that I will be off-roading for The Hobbit! My plan is to eat whatever I want at the movie but ONLY at the movie, not before or after. My last off-roading meal turned into an off-roading day and, while I think I needed it mentally, I certainly can't make that a habit.

Plus I skipped weigh in because of TOM so I am hoping to see an encouraging number this Saturday, or else if it's bad I hope it isn't too terrible and then I might be motivated to finish this challenge strong!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #201  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

My grandmother will be comming tomorrow I'm excited to see her plus she's gonna tell me how great i look.i went to the doctors and the lady tried to put the scale on 150 but had to move it to 100.im finally im the 130's.ive been eating healthier.im making the xmas day dessert.im doing chocolate fudge cake with strawberry and whip cream Santa's.im eating out 3 times this week so I'm hoping to eat ahead of time.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #202  

Things are pretty good here, just trying to survive this cold and get through until Xmas break. I'm still weighing in at 192.4, not bad, but I'm just ready to see a loss again. I probably wont though because now my period is on the way for Xmas (merry Xmas to me!).

Rie: that's so exciting that your boyfriend is visiting this weekend! Its hard that you guys have to spend time apart like that, I know how hard that is. My husband was deployed to Afghanistan for a year in 2011, that was by far the hardest year for both of us. Does he still work in the U.S.?

Thewalrus: the movies at Xmas are always fun! I want to see the hobbit to, but I'm really looking forward to "into the woods" it looks like its going to be great. Unfortunately I haven't liked the hobbit movies nearly as much as LOTR. I just love the book so much more than the movies, but ill still go see it! Although, I must say the interview with smaug on the colbert report was pretty wonderful!
Old 12-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #203  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

skittles - that is an awesome feeling when they have to move the weight on the scale down by 50!! Go you!

walrus - I love the "off roading" term. Best of luck at your upcoming weigh in. It sounds like things should go well for you. Enjoy the movie!

Claygirl - Hope you are feeling better! The timing sucks, but even if you don't hit your goal for this year, you'll be starting off 2015 in a good place.

I was really nervous about this week because we had a Christmas lunch for work on Monday, and I had a holiday reception last night. Plus I have a party on Friday! Lots of eating. Last night, I made a nutritious dinner before I went to the reception and managed to not eat anything while there (just a diet coke), so I felt really proud of myself for that. I also haven't touched any of the yummy looking treats hanging around our office. I'll definitely be ready for some chocolate come Friday, though! As long as I limit it, I think I'll be okay.

I'm not sure if I'll manage to hit my goal. I did hit my size goal for the year so even if I don't hit my weight goal, I am thrilled.

Last edited by nonameslob; 12-17-2014 at 10:16 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #204  
Lifestyle Changes

Hey all, I didn't end up getting my strength training in yesterday after work. I KNOW in my heart that after work exercise is usually a bust, since I am so tired by then. I have to just face the facts and know that workouts after work probably aren't gonna happen.

Today I am gonna do some strength training in the gym with dumbbells, even though I prefer the olympic bar at home, because I have NOT been motivated to get up an hour earlier to do it before work. I was motivated for a while

I think some weeks it's gonna be about making it happen, no matter what, and this is one of those weeks. Next week will be tons easier because I'm only working two days so I can workout however and whenever I want the rest of the week and weekend, and then next week is a short week too, and then I will just have one more week of full time work to get through and then I am changing jobs to a more part-time one, which should really help with workout times.

Well, life is life, you know? Humans aren't machines and some weeks you're gonna want to take a break. I don't really see any logical way that I could live the rest of my, hopefully long, life consistently always exercising perfectly and without fail. It's like diet I guess. Some days are good, some are goodish and some aren't so great. Some days my favorite thing is lying in bed watching tv and eating chocolate and others it's training hard and eating salad. I guess sometimes it's even both!

But it's hard not to get down on myself when I do take a few days off. :/

However, I do genuinely like working out it's just that there are times of day when I have more energy than others so it's just a matter of fitting it in where I am most likely to actually do it, because once I am doing it I love it and want more and I can't see a life where I don't do some kind of physical activity at least a few times a week. I guess that's why balance is really important.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #205  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone just a quick check in.

Tomorrow I can say "he'll be here tomorrow!" So weird! Tomorrow I'm going to clean the whole house, do laundry and de-fuzz - I can become quite a Sasquatch in the winter. Unfortunately his flight doesn't get in until Saturday evening so I'm sure Saturday will drag. I'm going to do my nails Saturday too, I got these nail art stickers from Avon. They're deep blue and have silver snowflakes on, I've always fancied having Christmas nails so hopefully they turn out well.

Ugh, I'm so annoyed at my face. When I was a teenager I suffered from severe acne. I was treated for it with powerful medication which cleared it all up, but I do still break out from time to time especially around my period. I had to come off my pill for a while since I wanted to time it so I wouldn't get a period during my boyfriends trip here. Anyway my period was due this week but I also started to take the pill again and it must have been hormone overload because now I've got loads of zits around my mouth/chin. It's as if my body said "oh, you haven't seen your boyfriend for a while? Here, have a bunch of zits!" I know he doesn't care, but they're the kind that I can FEEL on my face. This morning I woke up and a brand new one had surfaced on my chin and it hurt so much! Gah! I'm drinking loads of water and I'm going to make sure to stay diligent with not touching my face and hopefully in the next couple of days it'll go down.

----------------------------

clay - aww, sorry you got sick. That's such bad timing as well as your period! Before I took the pill my natural cycle would always put me on my period at Christmas. Oh wow, 1 year apart, my friend is in the army but she only had to do 6 month tours. The longest I've done is 7 months, this time around it's been easier since we have a goal to work towards, but it still sucks!

noname - Wow, that's amazing! I always admire those who can stay on plan in the face of delicious treats. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time. I think it's great to have a weight goal, but having a size goal and achieving it sounds better to me. If you look and feel good then it doesn't matter what the scale says. Good for you . Very inspiring.

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-18-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #206  

192.2 today, better! It's something. I still have a cold though, so I'm just trying to make it through my last few days of work so I can relax a little over xmas! I worked out 45 minutes today, and I'm on track to eat about 1450 calories. Do you think that's too much or too little considering 45 minutes of cardio exercise? I'm doing 45 minutes on my elliptical on a high interval setting, I just started that setting and it's still really hard! Myfitnesspal estimates that I burned 589 calories, but I don't trust that estimation...

Rie:
this may sound really weird, but I take some coconut oil, put in a few drops of tea tree oil, mix it up really well, and then put it in an old empty chapstick bottle (I save them when I'm done with them and make my own little chapsticks!). I just put the mixture in there, pop it in the fridge (so it stays hardened) and if I get zits I take it out of the fridge and put some on. It feels nice and cold, with that tea tree tingle. It has worked really well on my zits, maybe it will work for you! I found that I was actually getting more zits because I was using stuff that was too harsh on my skin, drying it out, so my skin produced more oil to make up for the dryness... so I got more zits! Now I don't use any normal zit treatments, I just wash my face with a clarisonic brush and put moisturizer on, if I see zits(which is almost always around my period) I just put the coconut oil/tea tree concoction on it and it goes away pretty fast.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #207  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Rie, I second claygirl on the tea tree oil if you can get your hands on it. I hope it clears up before your bf visits!!!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #208  

192 this morning, the better I feel the more my weight slowly starts to come back down. .4 lbs in the last 2 days is pretty good though. I'm so exhausted. One of my dogs started barking to go out at 3:30 in the morning (which she never does) and after I let her and Leo out for a few minutes and came back to bed, I couldn't get back to sleep until about an hour before my alarm went off. I just have to get through work today, and then I can sleep!
Old 12-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #209  
Lifestyle Changes

Hey all, tomorrow is weigh in and then The Hobbit! Also, popcorn!

I do hope my weigh in is good, I am praying for 188 to 190, what with all the holiday treats, but of course a Christmas miracle would be 187 or lower.

Who knows though!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #210  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Well, the boyfriend is on a plane right now! He got 10 minutes delayed so he should make his connecting flight. I tidied the whole house yesterday, also cleaned my sheets and moved my bed over to make some room for him to walk out the room. I always prefer my bed against a wall, but if I kept it that way he'd have to clamber over me if he wanted to get up, no thanks!

My zits are thankfully drying up a bit so they don't look too red and sore. I can cover them up with makeup for when I see him, I'll just make sure to properly remove the makeup at night. I usually wear makeup when going out and about, if I make sure to wash my face properly it doesn't affect me. It's still annoying how they're right near my mouth though! If they were on my cheek I probably wouldn't care as much! Oh welly, this will be the last I rant of it I promise . Spent way too many years getting down on myself about my spots as a teen!

I can't believe it's Christmas next week! I'm aiming to maintain my 160 lbs for the next week, but I'm going to be extra careful with my food intake since there's a lot of big, unhealthy meals coming up. I probably won't be as frequent with posting, but I'm sure I will pop back and see how everyone's doing .

-----------

clay - It sucks having a cold, but you're a testament to how you can workout with one! It doesn't make your cold any worse that's for sure. Are you eating back your calories? If you are I'd say that number is fine, if you're not then I think it's too low. I would always recommend listening to your body, if you feel hungry then eat back the calories you burned. Your body needs the fuel to recover. You're doing so awesome with your weight loss!

clay & nonameThanks for the tip, I would definitely use some tea tree oil but there isn't any in the house and I don't go back to the shops until he's here! If they're still bothering me I'll have to get some.

walrus - Enjoy the Hobbit!