Old 09-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #106  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Rie- I know, right? My fiancé looks so stinkin' gorgeous! He does 5Ks with me and walks regularly otherwise, and significantly cut down what he eats. He drinks almost no caffeine (and I drink none at all). We're doing two more 5Ks this year, one at the end of the month and one at the end of the year. Don't feel bad about wanting to get married, my fiancé needed a little push in the right direction as well.

Shelf- Thanks so much!

Atari- Thanks so much! Yeah, both me and the fiancé are between jobs at the moment, so he has a reason for not plopping down $7.50 a session! My fiancé is doing an externship at a restaurant and if he gets that job he'll be making good money, but he has to finish the externship first! I quit an absolutely horrible job and am being much more selective with the jobs I apply for, so it may take me a little longer.

Sadie, Northern, and Mrs A-
-----
Up 2 lbs because I have stopped my antidepressants for good this time. I always experience a 2-5 lb gain after doing that and it usually comes off in a few days to a week. Also, I know I am close to TOM after that epic meltdown I had a few days ago. So, I may be a little fluctuate-y (is that a word? It is now!) with my weight this week.

I did some running OUTSIDE today. I did maybe three-quarters of a mile to a full mile, I was really nervous about running outside cause I have had issues with it before in my previous city. However, it was beautiful outside I was off to a good start, doing about 14 minutes of the hard bit of the C25K workout and 5 minutes of the beginning warm-up. It wasn't because I was tired so much as the fact that I miscalculated my run length and I ended up at the house before my run time was up! I guess that's good, but it wasn't good for my plan! I will have to try a different path next time.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Riestrella I totally know how you feel, I indulged a little this weekend and am kind of kicking myself for it :/ But we're both back to our healthy selves and will lose this stupid water weight we've gained!

jackiedavis So sorry about your knee and being sick! Hope you're doing better an take it easy!

shelflife Your evening reading on the hammock sounds lovely! Good job on the loss!

namaste isn't outside exercise the best! I can only exercise outside it seems lol

atarimae Good luck with the exams!

Rated Good work on going for the walk when you didn't feel like it! I bet your pirate outfit is super cute

So I indulged this weekend a bit since it was a long weekend for me and my bf and the last days of summer before school starts for me tomorrow. Naturally that coupled with TOM means the scale is up, but I know its just water weight and will be off in no time. Its so much easier for me to eat better when school is on. Like I usually lose 10lbs a semester, but during the summer I only lost like 4 I'm planning out all my meals for the week and have my runs already scheduled! yay for planning! Really, planning is like the most important thing for me when it comes to weight loss.
Great job everyone on the losses! Here's to another great week!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #108  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Dott- I have to say I'm hooked on outdoor running now! And the weather is supposed to be super nice so I'm excited about my run tomorrow. My mom goes walking around the neighborhood too, at 5am. I go at a more sensible 7-8am. I'm afraid to run at night even with all the reflective gear, I don't care if it's cooler or not.

-----
I biked 13.01 miles this evening, beating my dad's mileage by 3.01 miles. That was my first goal, to surpass my dad, and now I have. My next goal is to aim for 15, and add to my Lazy Girl Ironman Bike Ride. I want to do 112 miles in the next month. I am also doing a Lazy Girl Marathon, since I can only run about 1-2 miles at a time right now. I thought about doing a Lazy Girl Ultra but baby steps first, lol. I burnt ~330 calories (honestly, I stopped looking after 320), rode for 50 minutes, and got a very numb booty, lol.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 238/203/140

Height: 5'4

I'm down 2 lbs from last week! So now I'm finally in the 160s

I was so worried about backtracking, though, because I've been too swamped with school starting and a ridiculous pile of assignments to have been able to run or really do anything at all this last week other than homework. Today was finally a bit of a breather for me, and I ran 8 miles 20 mins quicker than my usual time for 7. I feel so good right now omg
versace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Dot - Good job planning your meals and runs. I feel like that is half the battle since once I have it planned I have to do it (especially if I write it on my to do list). I think it is easier to lose weight when you have a consistent schedule, good thing school is starting again.

Namaste - Congrats on beating your dad' miles... now you just have to beat your own record next time

Versace - WOO HOOO 160s! Even if you get swamped with school work and can't run you can always control your food choices.

~~

I had another awesome day. My bodymedia armband had me at 1000 calories under for the day, so I am on track to lose 2 lbs this week (fingers crossed). School starts tomorrow so I had to get my classroom all set up, which was actually pretty hard work and I took my dog for a walk so I feel that my activity level was pretty good today. I want to start getting on the spin bike but I needed to get some of the back to school organizing out of the way first
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

rie Haha I feel you - relax but don't over do it! I didn't even weigh in yesterday because I am scared of that scale right now I'll tell you - but I did just get a hair cut, so maybe now I've lost a couple of pounds of hair? Yeah...right...haha

shelflife I'm a kiwi but moving to Vancouver at the end of this week for four years, my boyfriend is there already and starts his PhD this week!

Atarimae Thanks for your kind words!!

~So I'm not on the chart because I didn't weigh...but I will weigh tomorrow morning, I have to stop "forgetting" - the scale isn't in the bathroom at the moment and truth be told, I'm out of the habit. Of weighing and calorie counting (and I just ate a cheeseburger, who even am I). Oh that's right, I'm the person that falls off the wagon just a little bit. I feel like I could just say "oh, it's ok, I'm getting ready for a life changing move, I can cut myself some slack" but what kind of attitude is that? I'll use another excuse when I get there "oh, it's ok, I'm in a new city with all sorts of new food, I'll get back to weight loss and calorie counting when I'm settled in". Bleh. Come on, Sarah, stop making excuses! Hah, now I'm talking to myself.

You ladies are doing great! Keep it up!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #112  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies! Glad to be back after a nice long weekend. Looks like everuyone has been busy little bees. Great job to everyone! The challenge seems to be going great! Im not going to weigh in till next week due to the fact that I am on TOM this starting just a couple days ago. So hopefully I see a nice woosh by thurs or Friday because right now im at 232 and I know its TOM but its annoying. lol

Riestrella- you go girl with your sexy pics.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #113  
KTB

S/C/G: 189/176.4/135

Height: 5'1

I really enjoyed the summer challenge! Count me in for this one! And maybe after it's over we could extend it to Christmas? ;-)
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

rainbow - I think it is great that you realize you will always find a reason you can't do it but that you should keep trying anyways. I think a lot of people truly believe it when they say these rationales to themselves and then wonder why they never start losing weight.

~~~

I had another good day. It feels good being on plan. I took my dog for a walk again and this time I decided to speed walk the entire thing (might have had something to do with being eating alive by mosquitoes but it still counts). I also plan on going on the spin bike tonight...if I come back tomorrow and make some excuse for not doing it someone should give me heck because no excuse is good enough.

Last edited by Rated; 09-03-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Rated I think excuses just come so naturally to some of us and it's easy to fall into the trap of doing something "tomorrow" - when really that tomorrow is just put off and put off and continually put off until you've put on x amount of pounds and wondering what happened to tomorrow!!

~I weighed, but I've missed the weigh in for the beginning of the week, so I might have to use that weight next week since unfortunately a scale won't be number one on the shopping list when I get to Vancouver. But it will be in the top ten! Haha. It's ok - I'm at 64kg. 141.1 lbs. So no loss, but no gain, which I am happy about!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #116  

Height: 5"6

This thread has already led me to do dangerous things!

I am now still being Marge for my school costume, but THIS bad boy for my fun friends party! (AKA, my inappopriate party!)

http://www.buycostumes.com/p/68908/t...ProductReviews

I am dying trying to pick between a medium and large. My measurements fit withiin medium, but on the higher end. AH! I need to pick soon because I live in the Arctic and mail is so slow here! Oh well- it's fun picking!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #117  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Northern ~ Good on you for having your costume already ordered! That's great motivation!

Rated ~ I'm a numbers girl too. Glad you found something that works for you! My technique has been pestering my mom about calorie counts for everything, since my sister thinks I'd be "stupid" to weigh my food. Teenagers I tell ya!

Rie ~ OH IT IS DELICIOUS. Haha. Also MFP gave me a small count because I put in my activities as sedentary. That's my limit if I do no exercise at all. If I burn 400 cals, I earn another 400 to work around. Ahaha the infamous YOLO! You'll shake off that extra gain in no time!

jackie ~ I hope your knee gets better!

shelflife ~ Great loss! even if it isn't all fat, it's still nice to see the numbers go down that much!

rainbow ~ Glad you were able to see that that sort of attitude may not cut it for weight loss. I was in exactly that position. "Oh, I gained 2 pounds. No big deal, I'm still in the 150s." When I saw myself go into the next decade UP, it was a big deal. Wish I never saw it like that to begin with.

To those I missed, sorry! D: I'm slow, tired, and well, I wasn't able to hop on last night. LOL. But welcome to the new faces I haven't seen!

~~~

So the past couple days have been pretty kind. I went a little sodium crazy yesterday, because my fam went to this place that serves Korean du bu (tofu stew)...and I've been craving it. Luckily, the calories aren't that high, but unfortunately, the sodium count is. The scale decided to be kind though, as I was 158.4 this morning, provided it was on a different scale.

Speaking of scales, do any of you all use different ones? I'm finding it complicated since I do live in multiple houses - since I'm not on my own yet. So if I help out my grandma, I stay there for the week, but if I help out my mom, I stay there. I don't have a scale to call my OWN, so when I switch, I don't know which to go by! With that said, my grandma's one is better because it has more specific increments (by 0.2 pounds), whereas my mom's is by 0.5 pounds.

...Or maybe I should just buy my own and carry it around. I don't know.

Also, I found a little wedge of heaven in those Laughing Cow 45 cal light cinnamon cheese spread things. Totally very dessert-esque.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm joining in this challenge I know I'm a bit late but better late than never. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. My birthday is November 2nd so we always end up doing a costume party of some type. This year, I already bought my costume online for a great price. It's Sailor Moon. It's too cute! It's a short dress so I'd like to tone my legs and lose a bit from the stomach area. It fits, but it's a tight fit. I know 10lbs would really make a difference. It's not my goal weight but it's a start
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #119  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Northernchick- I would love to see all of them together lol! That would be a great group costume to!

SopieComier- WELCOME!!!

Tonight I am a little worried. I have a dinner to go to with some friends I havent seen in a while. #1 last time I saw them i was about 20-30 lighter and this will be the first time eating out in a long while. Im really worried. Any words of ecouragement or advice????

Last edited by jessica2231; 09-04-2013 at 09:09 AM.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

namaste yeah I don't feel comfortable running at night either, even with my pepper spray, I just don't feel safe Great job on the biking!

versace congrats on getting into the 160s!

Rated You're doing great! Hope the school year is starting off well for you

rainbowstripe I think not gaining is really good considering how busy you've been with all the moving stuff

Jessica I've totally been in that situation, just remember that 1. they probably won't notice or care since they'll just be so excited to see you and 2. You are working on losing this weight so don't get down on yourself! Have fun

NorthernChick That costume is awesome! You're going to look HOT. I would personally pick the large because I like to be safe when ordering stuff online.

Atarimae I love laughing cow! haha seriously I eat them everyday! As far as scales though, I'm really particular and need my "own" scale. I would probably buy my own and carry it around but I'm OCD like that

Sophie Welcome

Just got back from my early morning trail run. I ran longer then I walked! Yay! I ran 60% of the time which is much better then the 33% from when I first started Also down to 150.0 ahhhh! haha Seriously the scale is just teasing me at this point!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote