Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #196  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

anity:
Congrats on being at an all time low! Nice job!

Riestrella:
that 10k sounds fun, especially because you got your mom involved. I don't know any friends or family that would be interested in running the LA marathon with me. I'm trying to convince my brother to do it with me. Regardless, I'll be doing it because the kids I run with are training for it. Still it would be nice to run with family.

namaste984:
Sooo close!!! you're almost in onederland!
I have to run a 5k after work and then mentally prepare myself to run it on Saturday in the actual race. I'm pretty excited, and I know I can run it, I'm just a little nervous since I've never ran a formal 5k.

My week has been going good in that I've been exercising and eating clean. But, It's also been super stressful here at work. I cannot wait for the weekend.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #197  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I have mostly been lurking, but nonetheless I'm still around! Congrats to everyone on the losses and all the running! Ugh, I'm still very out of shape. I also just hate running, so I bike, dance like a dummy, or do random movements to get my heart rate up, instead of running.

Anyway, I should be making it a habit of checking in more often. Although I won't be fully pleased by Halloween, it's a great mini goal for sure. Also, my friend just convinced me to go to this anime convention that happens in the spring. I've never really cosplayed, like ever, but I figure that's some good motivation to actually look GOOD in what I'm wearing, no? LOL.

Hope everyone's week is going well!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

runthecontinent - yes, we do need teachers in here, and normally foreigners (not necessarily natives) are quite sought. In my school, we have teachers from Sweden, Poland and Mexico. And it's a quite small one!
The reason I'm coming to your corner of the world is this crazy little thing called love... lol! My boyfriend is from there and I finally get to move in with him. I'll also study my Master's at the Lille University.

Riestella - To me, it seems to be the best way to enjoy vacations back home! I hope you and your mom enjoy this 10K!

jessica2231 - I also get home quite late and what I do in order not to eat is to drink a cup of tea. I like having some sort of ritual after I get home, I just figured we don't need to involve calories in this.

namaste984 - almost there! I'm cheering for you, onederland is so close!

kisskiss - thank you! And congrats for your pound lost! I hope you enjoy your 5K, I'm sure you'll do fine!

I'm so stressed these days. It's my last semester at the university, I'm also working and getting ready for my expatriation, and sometimes it's just too much. I have a lot of trouble coping with stress, I tend to turn to food. Today, I spent my whole way back home from work battling my impulse to get a stock of greasy, sugary fast food to go through my night (I've got an essay to write and a presentation due tomorrow). I'm really willing to keep my healthier lifestyle, so I ended up winning the battle!

But it makes me wonder how could I cope with stress instead of eating it off. I've gotta survive till the end of the year!

Last edited by anity; 09-26-2013 at 09:35 PM.
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #199  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey hey! 10K training is A-GO! I made myself a chart to stick to, so I'm feeling really focused right now. Yesterday was a strength day, I'm really feeling the benefits of lifting when I run. My knees don't feel as sore during or after a run because I'm working muscles in my legs - so that's a huge relief! I was quite worried that my knees would just get worse, so I'm very very happy with the results of strength training with weights. My run today kinda sucked, I felt really sluggish! I did 2 miles in around 28:30 which put my pace at 14:15 min/mile. I got out my old running charts and I was running 10 min/miles consistently throughout my last 10K training! But I guess I was doing Insanity before that bout of training so my level of fitness was higher.

As much as I loved Insanity I just don't think I have the time to do it any more! But it was amazing for the plyometrics. I had time when I worked part time but now I work full time I just want to eat, workout and then have time to do stuff before I go to bed! Would recommend it to anyone who's running as a cross training session.

Weight wise I've been hanging out at 158 lbs, I forgot to weigh in this morning which I was annoyed about because I could have dropped! So tomorrow will be my last chance to weigh in for the week (I always use the lowest number for my official W.I!). I'm kinda gutted that I'm LAST in this challenge, being the challenge maker and all! But now I've got a 10K to train for I think the weight will start coming off me soon.

Eating has gotten a lot better! Been cooking again and making healthy lunches so that helps. Today I didn't really eat much, so maybe that will cause a big drop on the scale. I don't purposefully eat less to lose weight, but if my day ends up that way then I don't try and force food in me just for the sake of it.

We're almost halfway there! Just 1 more day and we'll be into week 6 out of 10!! Already got my next challenge ready, there'll be a slight overlap but let's finish this strong!

-----------------

jessica - What exactly is a healthy day like for you? Maybe you're trying to be TOO healthy and you just crave the junk food because of it? I know that's how I worked when I started out, if I just tried to cut out everything all at once I would relapse! I had to slowly make substitutions to my daily meals, and those happened because I wanted to fuel my exercise so I didn't feel I SHOULD do it but I WANTED to do it. And when your motivations are founded by you wanting to make a change - they will stick. But, don't beat yourself up, it's taken me years to learn how to cope with my relationship with food! You can do it, but it takes baby steps! Especially if you're in a stressful time of your life, it's tough, but it's definitely possible, so don't give up!

namaste - Oh man, SO CLOSE!! I'm really rooting for you!! Can't wait to see you weigh in in ONEDERLAND!

kisskiss - I ran my first 10k alone but the second one I ran in a group with work friends, and even though I didn't wait for them knowing that they were there in the race was great. And being able to cheer people to the finish line was awesome! 5K? That'll be easy for you! I love races, you feel so pumped and run so much faster than usual because of the adrenaline!

Atarimae - Hey, there's no problem with not running! Biking and dancing like a fool is fun and a great workout! Are you going to cosplay? Who would you go at? I won't be at goal by halloween, I gained too much during the challenge but oh welly! Just do our best, eh?

anity - I know how you feel, I FAILED with that battle when I was at Uni which is how I ended up a 200 lbs, so try your best to cope! WELL DONE resisting this time, keep it up!! It's hard, but possible!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I have had an amazing week. I am now down to 171.4 with 2 days until my official weigh in I am already 1.6 pounds down. I can't wait for the 160's. I am buying myself a reward for every 10 lbs lost and once I am at 170 I can buy my first prize.

I feel I have had some great break throughs this week in regards to how I view food. I came home from work really sick and stressed one day and I really wanted to make myself a HUGE plate of alfredo pasta. But then I realized that eating the pasta wasn't going to make me feel better, I also realized that I didn't deserve the pasta because I had a bad day. Then I ate my normal meal and didn't think about the pasta for the rest of the night.

Then a few days later my boyfriend was going to the store and asked if I wanted anything. I said I wanted a chocolate bar, he knows I am eating healthier and asked if I really should have one. I justified it with yes, it is that time of the month, I can eat chocolate if I want to. Then I realized in my head that I didn't deserve to eat chocolate and changed my mind.

I feel like this realization is a huge step in my weight loss journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kisskiss – Today is Saturday so good luck on your 5K. Let us know how it goes!

Anity – That is an awesome victory to not indulge in your fast food craving. I remember all the work at university and I would use it to rationalize eating a big bag of Cheetos and an entire box of cheesy pasta in one sitting to myself.
I never figured out how to cope with the stress instead of eating while in university but sometimes when I come home from a hard day at work and I really want to eat an unhealthy dinner I just stop, acknowledge that I am stressed tell myself that an unhealthy meal will not cure my stress/I don’t deserve an unhealthy meal because I am stressed and then I continue on. I hope you find a way that works for you. But if you are already beating the cravings you are on the right track!

Riestrella – I am excited for your 10K and I love that you made a chart for your training. I always find things like that help me stay accountable. I wouldn’t worry about where you are in the challenge. I have been working my butt off and I still can’t get into the top 20. All that matters is that this challenge is helping you make healthy choices, I would consider that a win!
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #201  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I weighed in this morning at 158.5 lbs, which is a whole 1.1 lb drop than earlier in the week! So I'm happy with that. However I realise I'm still 2 lbs up from when I started this challenge, so I changed my goal weight to match a 1 lb drop per week until Halloween. Which puts my goal weight at 153 lbs instead of 148 lbs. A bit disappointed that I could be heading towards the 140s instead of the low 150s, but oh welly...can't dwell on it for long. With my 10K training I know I'll be in the 140s soon since I have something to work towards, so rather than thinking "I really should workout" it's become "I have to workout to be better!" So I'm excited. Plus my chart now acts as a count down to Christmas!

Today I'm going to do a 3 mile run, I'm hoping I feel better than yesterdays sluggish performance. EDIT: Did the 3 miles, my pace was a whole TWO minutes faster than yesterday! So I'm feeling proud about that. I made this dish tonight: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-s...en/detail.aspx Not sure what went wrong but my sauce just didn't really taste of anything =S. I got the spice but I didn't taste much sweet...I really hate it when a recipe doesn't go how I imagined!!

------------

Rated - Awesome job, you're so close to the 160s!! Wow, amazing resistance power regarding the guilty food! I always respect those who are close but say NO in the end. I've succumbed many a time to the "I'm tired and stressed" meal, it's something I'm still learning to do. So mad props, girl! What will your 10 lbs down reward be?

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-29-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Riestrella - I agree it is disappointing when you could be at a lower weight when you expected to be but I really think the most important thing is that you keep going. Even when the results aren't what you want you keep going because you know if you do eventually the results will go in the right direction. Are you using a specific training program for your 10K? or are you making your own?

My 10 lbs down reward is some fashion scarfs that I saw online. Normally I wouldn't buy myself scarves since I don't wear them a lot but I figure I want to buy things I normally wouldn't. I can't decide which colour I like best so I told myself if I made my goal by Oct 5 I could have them both!

Another awesome victory today was my boyfriends birthday is tomorrow, and he is also trying to lose weight. We weren't sure what to do about the cake, but I didn't want him to miss out. So I made the cake (from a box) and substituted apple sauce instead of oil. You wouldn't know the difference but the amount of calories saved it huge! We also decided to top the cake with fruit instead of icing.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:27 AM   #203  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Rated - Thanks, yeah, you're completely right - I will simply keep going until I reach my goal no matter what. I'm using Hal Higdon's 10K novice training programme as a template, doing the same runs he suggests but putting in strength days in between and as cross training. I had great success with the same programme before, so I'm looking forward to taking it on again for the 3rd time!
Nice, that sounds like a great treat to yourself! Especially since Autumn is here. Great job on the cake!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-29-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #204  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Wow, I've had a surprising week! I was aiming for 1lb per week as with all the ups and down that is a reasonable, realistic goal.

.... I've lost 4.8lbs this week - just 2.4lbs away from Halloween goal!

I've actually upped my calories and have joined a gym so that's probably what is working for me right now. I'll leave my goal as is for now, you never know what might happen for next week, but I think I might move my December mini-goal up a month

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riestrella - You'll be in the 140's in no time! You've done a 10K before, you can do it well again. Just think about how far you've already come!
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #205  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Chart!

Old 09-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #206  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

lilsquirrel - WOAH! What a drop!! Well done!! Thanks for the support =)
Old 09-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks in part to this challenge I finally made it to 50 pound lost! Woohoo. Hope everyone has a great week.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #208  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Rated:
I used to reward myself every 15 pounds and it definitely motivated me. That is a huge realization! It takes a lot of self control and willpower to say no to bad foods, and understanding that food doesn't equate happiness was one of the things I had to figure out too. If I was stressed, I would eat badly and then feel like crap. I try not to do that anymore, and it gets easier once you're able to say "it isn't going to make me feel better" to eat that.

Riestrella:
Nice job on your faster pace!! You should feel proud of that
Don't dwell to much on trying to get to the 140s, once you hit those mid 150s you'll be there. It'll happen for you. When I cook, it never comes out like I imagined or like the recipe pictures look, lol. But I try occasionally. What do you put on your chart? Is it like an excel sheet or something more visual and bigger? I think I wanna do something like that, may be it'll help motivate me more.

lilsquirrel:
That's quite a loss! Excellent

Mara:
Wow awesome job!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

On Saturday I ran my first official 5k. I've been running that 3 times a week after school with the kids I work with, so I was nervous but excited and sure I could do it. Well it was freaking awesome. I had this great time, it was awesome to see my students accomplish this, and the energy was incredible. Plus I got a little 5k medal lol. My pace was 8:39, which is the fastest I've done so I'm ecstatic about that. My next official run is Halloween weekend and it's a 10k.
Weight wise I am at 145, so I'm good with that. I'm about 5 pounds away from my Halloween goal challenge and I think I can do that by Halloween if I keep this pace.
happy Monday everyone!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Riestrella & kisskiss: Your runs are inspiring! I have eased off on the running due to lifting but I really want to do at least one 5 or 10k someday. Well done!!!

Mara & lilsquirrel - great job!!!!!!
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #210  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Yesterday was a pretty bad day, I didn't eat a lot but what I did eat and drink at the end wasn't great =/. I had chips, chocolate and coke - the three big C's that I just can't seem to resist!! Today I over ate a little...but I packed a small lunch since I didn't have time in the morning to make a big one so maybe that's why I felt I needed more food?

I did do my strength workout today though, so I'm happy I got off my arse and did something! Been feeling really tired at work the past 2 days, think the changing of the season is weighing heavy on my body, everyone else seems really drained too!

I weighed in at 159.1 lbs this morning, so a slight gain from yesterday but hoping it drops down tomorrow. Need to keep drinking water, it's so hard to keep up with my intake at work since I honestly just forget to!!

In other news I'm going to be an assistant director on a short film at the beginning of November! Film is something I'm passionate about, my dream is to be a director some day, so this will be great experience.

---

kiss - It's basically this: http://www.halhigdon.com/assets/_leg.../10knovice.pdf But I customised it to have strength days instead of cross days. I've followed the same programme twice before for the 2 10K races I've done and got great results! I cross out a box for each workout I do. Congratulations on your first race! And what a great pace!! That's the pace I'm hoping to achieve for my 10K! Sounds like you've caught the race fever?? I love races! Awesome job with your weight too, keep it up!

dehtripper - Thanks! I'm doing lifting and running now, I really like the two. Lifting is so relaxing for me, I can do it in my own home and still feel like I've done something worth while! You should definitely try for a race, they're awesome!