Old 09-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #166  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Riestrella:
Nice job on your run! I am running 5 miles today after work with my students....I'm terrified! Why did I join Students Run LA?

jessica:
hah I'm the same way, I have a few frozen meals in my freezer that I bust out whenever I just don't want to cook for whatever reason.

Mara:
nice on getting the scale to move. I've been stuck at 147 and at this point I just feel like I have to keep on trucking and I'll see results.

namaste:
New scale yay! Onederland is SOOOOOOO close! I really want to get a body fat scale, but I've heard tht they aren't that accurate (I've been researching withings and aria).
__________________________________________________ ____________
Nothing really new with me. waiting for the end of the week because I am hoping to go on a pretty amazing haunted hike on Sunday with family, and to the LA county fair on saturday with the BF.
also, check out my pic. I was a gypsy two years ago at about 275 and that's my costume as of yesterday at 147. Too bad I never really took pics where you can see my whole body (ie leaning towards a friend, sideways, cropped from the knees). Still, I like this before and after for motivation.

and I thought I'd end with : it's almost friday!!!!

Last edited by kisskiss; 09-23-2013 at 09:24 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Hi all just wanted to pop in,sorry I disappeared a lot of family and personal issues lately. When I first disappeared on you all I was headed to ny to see my husbands grandpa that was dieing from cancer. As of right now he probably wont make it through this weekend. but I know its best because he is starting to suffer and his wife is suffering seeing him suffer so I know it's best hopefully he will go peacefully in his sleep. but update on my weight loss i was back up to 203 at one point and this morning i got on the scale 3 times because i just did not trust it and it stayed the same at 198.8 so I just hope I can stay below 200 with all the stress etc. But again I'm sorry I vanished on all of you I looked at the chart to see how you all were doing I seen some great weight losses so congrats to all!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

You look amazing kisskiss in the gypsy costume.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a lurker so I thought I'd jump in with a comment. I've never been good at completing these challenges but I always lose weight on the weeks I weigh in. So thank you for that Riestrella. In other news I have come down with a beast of a cold and have dropped 4lbs as a result of being off my food. It's not the best way of losing weight but hopefully it should curb my snacking a bit. My weigh in isn't until tomorrow so how is everyone else's week going? Xx

Last edited by IsobelRose22; 09-22-2013 at 08:25 AM.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #170  
Newb!

I've not been staying on track, though I've still been losing weight somehow. But committing to healthier eating and exercising as of today.
Ms A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #171  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! I decided to join in on this challenge, I know that 9lbs isn't much to aim for, but this is what I am going to aim for.. a pound a week. We'll see. <3 thanks for having me.
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Jessica – Good job getting back on track with healthier eating and staying within your calorie goal. Frozen meals are a good idea for the days you don’t feel like cooking but watch out, some of them can have really high
sodium levels. One thing I do when I have made a healthy dinner is I will freeze individual portions so that when I am too tired to cook I still can have a healthy homemade meal. Vegetarian Chili, lasagna, stirfrys all freeze well. Then you add a quick salad on the side and you have a healthy meal with minimal effort

Namaste – Yay a new scale, and it doesn’t matter if it weighs a little heavier since it is more about the downward trend then a particular number.

Momof3preemies – I am sorry to hear about your husband’s grandpa and I understand that your focus isn’t on you right now. Just make good food choices and you should be fine.

~~~~~~~~

I have had the past week off work and it hasn't helped one bit. I am totally out of my routine right now and I can see it in my weight loss. I gained 0.4 pounds this week but I am happy that is all. Since one bad day turned into another and another till the entire week was shot. But I am back on track today, this week may have slowed me down but it isn't going to stop me.

I also bought a new costume and this time I chose a one size fits 6-14 since it has a corset waist. I figure this way I don't have to worry about paying for shipping another costume back and if I lose weight before Halloween it will still fit. I am going as the tooth fairy which I think is a cute costume for a kindergarten teacher.

http://www.buycostumes.com/p/31161/tooth-fairy-adult

Last edited by Rated; 09-21-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

Hey guys,

I wonder if I can still join. I haven't been losing weight for a while, but now I'm feeling really determined, and a challenge is just what I need!

I'm starting at 179. I'd like to end this challenge weighing 167, so 12 lbs less. I'll try my best!

Last edited by anity; 09-21-2013 at 01:03 PM.
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #174  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Hi guys! Im back, and yet again restarting my weightloss journey after a holiday to the states.

Now I'm back at uni, I have control over my fridge and a brilliant sports facility on my doorstep so yay!

Joining a bit late to this, so my goal is going to be to lose 7lbs by Halloween

Keep posting girlies, you have no idea how inspirational you all are! <3
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #175  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Just did a 5k this morning and had a new record: 57:15, over a minute faster than my last time.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #176  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! So I've had kind of a shitty weekend but it's made me realise a few things. So on Saturday I went out on an all nighter with some friends. We planned it a few weeks ago, last trains in Tokyo are at 11pm so usually we all go home at that time. But there are trains around 4:30am so we decided to stay out all night to have fun. The night was a bit of a let down...way too many people got invited, one of those "I'll invite my friends" and there were too many different opinions and ugh. I just wanted to hang out with people I knew, call me boring or antisocial. I did speak to some cool people, but then they'd go off in a different direction. I drank a lot too so my weight was back up to 160 lbs in the morning.

Yesterday I was hungover so I stayed in all day and just ate poorly. Ate a ready meal AND some pasta. What was I thinking? It's like some mental block happens to me over the weekend that makes me forget I want to be thin and healthy! Today was no better either...it's not just a one off weigh in I'm back in the 160s. Which is not where I want to be! I want to be heading into the 140s!!

So I'm going to try and restrict myself on a few things...here's my plan:
  • Eat natural foods. Basically anything that comes in a packet or box that doesn't expire within a few weeks is a no go. With the exception of oatmeal/cereals. All in all - NO JUNK FOOD!
  • Exercise. Continue with my running and do some more strength training. Need to tone up as I lose.
  • Follow these rules on a weekend! I'll allow myself one YOLO (Blogilates vocab seeping into my conscience!) MEAL (not DAY) and then stick to it the rest of the time. I can't allow no work to mean more food and laziness.

I've not lost weight for a YEAR. All that time I could have been doing something but I've just been making excuses and keeping myself in this routine of anti productivity. It has to change or I'll always be this way! Always feel like I want to be different but never doing anything about it. I think I'm going to start introducing "to do lists" back into my life. I used to always make them, granted when I worked part time so I had more time and energy to complete them, but I feel like they'll help me organise my priorities.

On a more positive note I saw a meteor on my run on Thursday! It happened at an awesome moment when I just started to speed up too.

---

jessica - Well done on eating healthy! Good idea on the healthy frozen meals, though they should be a last resort option. I've not ever heard good things about frozen meals, but they're definitely a better option to junk so I can see your logic.

namaste - Yay on new scales! And good job running 5k!

kiss - How did your run go?! Haunted hike?! That sounds interesting!! OH MY GOOSE YOU LOOK AMAZING NOW! Like holy shiznits what a HUGE difference! I can't believe how much of a transformation you've made! Do you think you would ever show your face? I know anonymity is important to some but I'd love to see the change to your face, it's always my favourite part of before and after pictures! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! What's your workout routine like? You're a huge inspiration, I hope I can look as awesome as you do soon!!

momof3 - *hug* Don't apologise for not being around, that's a tough situation you've had to go through. It's hard to say it, but when a person is sick it's a blessing to see their pain be over. I hope you are all ok, it's still a hard thing to go through. I hope you can continue taking care of yourself, losing weight is a common aspect to stress but just be sure to try and get back into a healthy routine soon. Take it easy though, don't put too much pressure on yourself!

Isobel - Great to see you again!! I'm glad you're back in this competition =). So sorry you're sick, I got one **** of a cold last week. I always seem to GAIN weight though!! It's like I get hungrier!!

savemykisses - Welcome! 9 lbs is a great goal! I always aim to lose 1 lb a week and it's usually too much!!

anity - Welcome!!

lilsquirrel - Hello! Man, if you can stock your Uni fridge with good food I will salute you. The state of my fridge at Uni was caffeine and chocolate! No wonder I reached 200 lbs ;p
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Haha, well I obviously dropped the ball on this challenge. I have been away from computers since the start of September (fishing) and forgot to put dashes in those weeks I was planning to not weigh in. Whoops!

Great job everyone!!
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #178  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Happy Monday everyone!
So my weekend was pretty awesome. I went on this amzing hike. I had to like climb rocks and cross riverbeds, and pull myself up. It was pretty cool to know that I was capable of doing that! today I am super sore, though, and I still have to run afterschool with the students I work with Riestrella asked me if I would ever post face pics....well here they are! They may come down eventually though, I'm weird about keeping pictures up lol. on the right is me at my heaviest (299) and the left pics are me at 145-150.
Hope everyone has a good week!
__________________________________________________ ______________

namaste:
Great job! I am running an official 5k on saturday with the kids that I work with. Pretty nervous but excited.

Rated:
That tooth fairy costume is totally cute and appropriate for school Love it!

anity: Welcome!

lilsquirrel:
Woot woot on restarting! one of the things I regret is paying for recreational services in college, and never using their gym!! They even had cool stuff like indoor rock climbing Good for you for taking advantage of what your university has to offer.

Riestrella:
Seeing a meteor while running sounds pretty damn cool! Good job on your plan. I always make myself lists, it helps keep me organized and motivated! I'm the same way, though. My weekends have been a little crazy bc the boyfriend always wants to eat out and it's hard to say no to good food when we go to restaurants.

The haunted hike was so awesome! I saw a creepy old time bike, an abandoned cabin, and just had fun. Thank you so much! I'll post face pics here, but they may come down cause I'm always iffy about that stuff. I workout 4-5 times a week. I do cardio at the gym about 2-3 times a week, and I hike on weekends. I also recently started running twice a week (3-5 miles), and when I do that, I don't do cardio at the gym. I do a little bit of weights. that's the one thing I need to up! Again, thank you for the compliments. Sometimes I don't think my face got that much smaller, but these side by sides make me realize that I have come a long way.

Last edited by kisskiss; 09-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #179  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 4 Chart!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #180  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

So after a few days of weighing in at 160 lbs I weighed in this morning at 158.9 lbs - a total of 2 lbs lost OVERNIGHT. Seriously, not complaining but...HOW?! I breathed a sigh of relief but I know not to get too comfortable.

Last night I tweaked my workout routine. I'm doing an 8 week 10K training program (with no planned race at the end but if I find one in time then I'll do it!) but adding 3 strength days to it (instead of 2). I've heard marvelous things about lifting weights, so I'm going to give it a shot. I found this: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...y-workout.html and it seems like the perfect routine for me.

Tonight I'm gonna run 2.5 miles, a nice short run but the beginning of a new workout routine so I'm excited! Zombie chases await...

---

dehtripper - Do you want back in?

kisskiss - Good job on your hike, sounds action packed! Just take it easy on your run! Well your face pics are either not working or you've taken them down? I really wanted to see them! I usually hang out with another couple and we all just love to eat!! It doesn't help that the other girl in our group is SUPER thin and can eat what she wants =(. I know it's not good to compare, but can't help but feel like a monster compared to her sometimes. To be fair though she's naturally thin so doesn't have much curves, whereas I'm super curvy which is a positive in itself!