Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #61  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Dottington - One we should have a luncheon with all Southern California Ladies on here! It would be so cool to meet alot of the friends we have made on here! My Nina(Aunt) actually went to Loma Linda for religous classes and got certifications to teach catechism.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #62  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Dotti- Thanks so much! I am surprised at how popular the blog has become, guess I'm not as boring as I thought, lol.

Jess- I am a biology major. I will probably earn my Master's or Doctorate in Microbiology. I wanted to do Marine Biology until I realized there's not an ocean within a thousand miles of me! Gotta love the Midwest. I used to be in Health Information Technology until my mom said, just do what you want to do in college. So I chose biology.

I was so excited when I saw 213.6 on my mom's scale, I thought for sure I would see a lower weight on the gym scale, which weighs 2-3 lbs less until someone recalibrates it. I stepped on the gym scale and it had been recalibrated! It was the exact same weight as my mom's. Way to steal my thunder, evil scale.

I am also injured so doing lighter runs and harder cardio/strength combos, which don't require me to use the injured ankle, until it doesn't bother me as much. I just can't stand not to run, even if it's just for 10 minutes instead of 24!
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

namaste - woot for bio majors! My B.Sc is in microbio, and med micro and infectious disease are definitely two of the medical disciplines I find most interesting... too bad I'm a germaphobe

I had a late and carb-laden dinner last night and the scale was up accordingly this morning. I'm keeping today light, however, so hopefully things balance out over the next couple days! I'm bogged down with work coming at me from all angles, which is a good thing in ways, since my favorite thing to do when I'm free seems to be eating!
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #64  
Beginning Lifter

S/C/G: 196/---/135

Height: 5'8" Pear Shape

Reading this thread has got me interested in trail running! I hike a lot but a new challenge on the same old trails sounds appealing.

Now that TOM is over I am finally seeing some movement on the scale - 167.5lbs 2 mornings in a row. I've been doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD and I've seen changes in my shape and how my clothes fit, but it's good to finally see a number drop on the scale!
graciey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #65  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Not much to report today! My boyfriend got back from working at a summer camp for 5 days so we spent last night together. It was so nice seeing him!! I always forget to weigh when he's around though! So I don't know how I'm doing...I did do day 3 of blogilates yesterday and I feel it a bit in my abs today. I hope I see some results with it, but I've got to get my eating in check. Desperately need to get to the supermarket...I've been eating food from the convenience store for way too long - it's not good for me!!

I also had a bit of a talk with my boyfriend too...I was sort of psyching myself to sit down and talk about the chances of getting married (I'm British, he's American so if we wanted to live in America together it's probably a good idea), but stupid me just let it slip in my stupid casual way. BUT the talk went well, he's not rushing out to get an engagement ring, but he didn't seem scared off by the prospect so I feel really relieved. He's aware that marriage is what's going to keep us together if work visas don't work out, and he's not against it and agrees with me. As much as I'd love for it to happen naturally, it's not what's going to keep us together. So..phew!

Been exchanging comments on Facebook with my sister...getting more and more excited for Christmas!! Really want to be in the early 140s by December!! But first...lose 8 lbs by Halloween!!!

---

jessica - Good luck with the studying! I don't envy you.

jaime - Welcome!! Here's to you rocking some awesome new jeans!

cheeriloos - Woohoo, good job!

momof3 - I believe I put something about this in the rules in the first post, but put it in and change it if you go down ;p. We've all been there, just drink loads of water!

Dott - I've been struggling with indoor exercise since I moved to Japan and don't really feel like running outside in a city center...but you gotta do what ya gotta do! I enjoy your hikes >_<. So happy that you're finding success in your routine! You're SO close to the 140s, you can do it! Trail running will have you RIPPED, girl!

namaste - Why not rely on just one scale? Best to weigh naked anyway! That's what I do ;p.

shelf - Good attitude to take regarding the eating, always great to balance out any over eating! Hope you can handle the work load =S.

graciey - Go for it!! And awesome job on the Ripped in 30, so glad you're seeing results!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

I'm in!
I don't have a goal yet though
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #67  
Underdog to Beastmode

Rie- Probably best, lol. Way too much drama when you use two different scales.

Shelf- That's awesome! Way to get back in the spirit of things, keep up the good work.

211.8 this morning!!! So ridiculously close to my monthly goal and ~12 lbs until Onederland. (And almost 20 lbs for me!) So excited.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #68  
HijabiMommaBear

namaste9854- I was going to go into nursng because I love science and people. Although I think I have decided to change my major to teaching. So we will see. Great job on the loss as well!!

Riesestrella - ya i dont envy me either ahahhahaha.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #69  
HijabiMommaBear

so not to much new to report. Other than Im still eating healthy and staying within my calories. I havent started excercizing again but im thinking about it. Im just at the "thinking" stage when it comes to excercize at the moment.
oh and the lovely TOM should be coming any day. blegh. lol

Does anyone else get crazy cravings or mood swings before TOM??
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Glad the talk went well Reistrella.

Jessica I always feel the need to eat around my TOM. I don't give in all the time, but definitley eat a little more then.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Jessica haha that would be so fun for all the socal ladies to meet! I get really moody/depressed/tried before TOM and during I want to eat everything in sight! I'm about to start as well >_<

Namaste Sorry about the ankle Congrats on the losses! You'll be in onederland before you know it

shelfie I hate how one meal can make the scale go nuts...but at least you know its just water weight and not to stress it!

graciey You should give trail running a try! Good job on the loss!

Riestrella Oh you must be so relieved after that talk! I'm so happy it went well for you, me and my bf have had that talk and I remember how nervous I was before, but after its like there's a lot less stress. That sucks that there aren't many outdoor exercise options for you :/ But it sounds like blogilates is going well for you!

Well, the scale is down again! 150.8 ....omg like seriously less then a lb away from being done with these stupid 150s forever! Ah! Won't get to run today, very busy day with work and driving out to LA to see my bf after
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #72  
HijabiMommaBear

Dottington- Great job on the loss! Maybe over winter break from school we can start a thread and have a luncheon at a resauraunt that would be so much fun! Ya TOM is annoying. But at leat we can hopefully make little babies. Lol

Mara
- i put it as, I feel like I need to eat like a man. An olympic swimmer man! lol Like Michael Phelps status! Hahaha not literally but sometime my stomach thinks that around TOM. Have you ever seen how much Michael Phelps eats for breakfast alone?

Riestrella- things arent always conventional. I had a "plan" for how I was supposed to get married and so on blah blah details blah blah. But I realised school is really important to me and where I go is important for how my financial aid works. So whatever, if its meant to be then we will work our best at it and itll work out. best of wishes for you and your boy. ps when come here Southern California is great!!! Especially Orange County.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #73  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

graciey:

I did the jillian michaels shred for 60 days, and I think it helped. I'm thinking about doing it again. Is Ripped like Shred? Or harder? I really want to keep doing weights (which Shred kind of incorporated), and I can't seem to do that when I'm at the gym.

Riestrella:
Glad the talk with the Boyfriend went well

df180:

Welcome!!

namaste:
you're almost there!!! I loved getting to onderland, it's an exciting goal

jessica2231:
I don't get crazy cravings, but I tend to hold down some water weight, and then the day after TOM I'm down again. Hate how it messes with my scale

Dottington:

I'm in the same boat!!! I was in the 150s forever....and then today I weighed in at 147.8!!!! ahhhh!!

So I am officially normal BMI, which has been one of my huge goals. so happy! Plus, I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and I cannot wait for the doctor to see my weight loss. Last time I went was almost exactly a year ago when I had terrible back issues and I weighed in at 229. I remember the doctor being very condescending when I told her I wanted to exercise more but couldn't because of my back. So....I kind of want to be like "haha"...lol. Hope everyone is having a good week! I work at a school, and I have a four day weekend coming Happy day today
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #74  
Underdog to Beastmode

Jess- Good for you! I couldn't do teaching I don't think, I do good with one on one tutoring but definitely not a whole class! What grade level are you interested in teaching?

Dotti- Thanks! It's much better today and I was able to do a longer run this morning, though I was running late so I had to keep it a bit abbreviated.

Kisskiss- Thanks so much! It's getting closer every day!
-----
I feel you guys on the TOM! I know mine is coming soon as well because I'm feeling the Pre-TOM Triad: Crabby, Hungry, and Sleepy, lol! I am feeling much better after a nap but man I wanted to eat everything in sight today! Thankfully I didn't though and kept it to a nice minimum.

Got some new running shoes this morning after class and MAN do they feel good! So excited to try them out, they feel like running on air! I would wear them all day if I could.

Last edited by namaste984; 08-29-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 200.6/200.6/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default Joining Late!

Entered my info! Even though my husband is deployed so my Halloween night is going to be walking my girls around door to door to get candy... sexy, lol.
luvmy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote