3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   November Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/269104-november-chat-thread.html)

BleuMaus 11-13-2012 09:51 AM

@ Fattitude:
Wow, I am amazed that you ran a 5k and a 10k in three weeks! Thats a great achievement! Next year in October I want to run a Zombie 5k. I was supposed to do i this year, but since my accident I couldn't. I'm actually, I cant say surprised, but happy that your body is craving exercise. I Love your determination!

cheeriloos 11-13-2012 11:28 AM

Guys, I walked today for the first time in a long time! I went 3 miles and i'm really happy about it, I halfway thought i wasnt gonna go..but I did it and i'm proud :carrot:. now i've got 47 miles to go in 67 days. keep up the good work see u all soon

SoMuchFattitude 11-13-2012 11:41 AM

BleuMaus Thanks. :) We actually do triathlons and it's our off season so I've been trying to work on my run time. I hate running. Absolutely hate it, so I've been trying to do more of it. haha! We have another 5k this weekend and then we'll probably wrap the year up with one more 5k.

Quiet Ballerina 11-13-2012 11:58 AM

Apologies if I miss someone during personals. I'm trying to keep up!

zan sounds like a great plan to munch veggies and fruit while baking. Hope it works! Sometimes I chew gum.

sun What are you crocheting? I used to a few years ago. Kind of miss it.

rainbow sounds like you're doing great! I think I read that about spicy foods too. Maybe part of it it has to do with the spices making us drink more water?

jmko :( That's why i hate buying new things. For stuff like jeans, I try and buy them on sale in various sizes. I don't want to spend the big bucks on clothes until I'm at goal!

Phae cute pic! Side note: your icon is adorable! what is it?

cheer welcome!!

nina :( I'm sorry about you and the boyfriend. Feel free to vent!

SoMuch Yeah, I think your dh is correct. I know that sort of setup would NEVER work for me, but if it works for others...*shrugs* who am I to judge? I think you got confused among all the personals (or I had a MAJOR typo in there) -- I'm not moving to NY. :) I'm staying in VA.
Those shoes are hot!

So far I am very much enjoying my stay-cation week! Yesterday I had lunch with a friend. I got a salad, though I wish I had asked for the dressing on the side. The restaurant service was lousy and forgot the roll I was supposed to get, but I guess that was a good thing. Then I had coffee with another friend....but we were walking around so much I wound up getting a water instead of a coffee. :lol: I was so happy because by the end of the night I walked 15,000 steps! :carrot:

I want to keep up the momentum and walk/run some more today, so I better get scooting! I have a couple of errands to run and I'm thinking about going to the movies today.

doc2b 11-13-2012 12:33 PM

Ahhhhh Im back, and need to be accountable. I dont like this person I am becoming, and at 25 worried that if I don't get this weight off it will be here forever, and forever alone-- okay not really but still, I want to be happy with myself. Maintained about 192 all school year, then break up and partying to 215, now at 202.4. 192 is looking pretty good right now lol! I WILL bring in the new year under 200, and hopefully under 192. I need to start walking or something EVERYday even though last fall I was running about 6 miles. I will rejoin the gym on Thursday! I need an accountability buddy, doesn't have to be the same weight, but motivated to chat with EVERY day!

jmko 11-13-2012 01:03 PM

phae: Awesome picture! I'm just like you at work. For some reason I don't get very hungry, get busy, and just forget to eat. Which is bad, I know. Eating a huge meal at the end of the day isn't best.

cheeriloos: Welcome! And congrats on your wedding! You can totally do 190 by January!

sun: I've started living in yoga pants too. They're black and double as my work pants because nothing fits anymore.

nina: Hope you feel better. Everyone is here to support you.

penmage: What's your recipe for meatless chili?? It sounds so good!!! I'm not a big fan of kidney beans, I wonder if I could use pork and beans?

rainbow: I don't know how you do it. How do you go to a fast food restaurant and get a salad? I'd have no will power for it. I just keep hearing the fries call my name.

bleu: Do you have a bread maker? Or just in the oven?

bea: Maintainence isn't a bad thing. Better than gaining! Good luck in school, I hope you don't get too stressed out.

SoMuch: OMG THOSE SHOES ARE AMAZING! I'm also a shoe wh*re.

ballerina: good job staying on track for your stay-cation! hope you find a roommate soon!

doc: Welcome!

Work has been insane. I was here for about 12 hours yesterday trying to get stuff done. I got to have dinner with my one of my best friends that I haven't seen in a while because of my ex. It felt so good to be back with her! We had a little too much food and alcohol, but hey, why not!

A few of my friends have told me to hop back on match.com saying it'll be an ego-boost, if not anything else. I'm not really torn up about my ex at all, but I'm never very hopeful about the online dating thing. I know there's a thread about this out there, but I guess I should chance it. I'll keep you all posted!

Phae 11-13-2012 02:11 PM

Quiet - My icon is also from Doctor Who, lol. It's an Adipose which are actually little aliens that live as fat on people's bodies! I thought it was appropriate.

doc2b - If you're going to be forever alone at 25 then I shudder to think what I'm going to be - 27 here and still alone! But that's OK, I'm trying to love myself first anyway.

I have been really slacking on exercise this week. I am tired, and still getting over my cold. I have a busy next few days so maybe I can get something in tomorrow night. I have been diligent about eating within my points though so hopefully that counts for something.

I have been working this week, too, which is good. I actually got double booked at schools for tomorrow so I am in demand! Haha. Hope everyone is doing well!

BeautyandtheBeast 11-13-2012 03:21 PM

Hi guys,

My name's Rachel and I've been on and off this forum for the past few years in an attempt to lose weight and keep it off. Unfortunately I tend to come back more often than I'd like... not because this forum isn't awesome but because it usually means I've failed at weight loss again! Also, I'm starting to get worried because I'm 28 now and I joined this forum when I was 24 so in a few years I'll be too old for the 20-somethings section and so I'm determined to shake this weight before that time comes, lol.

Anyway, hopefully this time will be the last time although if I meet GW I'll definitely be sticking around anyway just because this place rocks.

I've been pretty good the last few weeks and have lost my initial weight quite rapidly however I've now become slightly stagnant. I'm keeping on track though... I can't believe how big I've allowed myself to become. It's really depressed me lately.

Anywho, in an effort to meet you all properly I'm going to get personal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2b (Post 4527666)
Ahhhhh Im back, and need to be accountable. I dont like this person I am becoming, and at 25 worried that if I don't get this weight off it will be here forever, and forever alone-- okay not really but still, I want to be happy with myself. Maintained about 192 all school year, then break up and partying to 215, now at 202.4. 192 is looking pretty good right now lol! I WILL bring in the new year under 200, and hopefully under 192. I need to start walking or something EVERYday even though last fall I was running about 6 miles. I will rejoin the gym on Thursday! I need an accountability buddy, doesn't have to be the same weight, but motivated to chat with EVERY day!

Story of my life doc2be. I don't like who I'm becoming either but at least we're all here to make a change for the better, in more ways than one. That says a lot about the person you are. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmko (Post 4527700)
Work has been insane. I was here for about 12 hours yesterday trying to get stuff done. I got to have dinner with my one of my best friends that I haven't seen in a while because of my ex. It felt so good to be back with her! We had a little too much food and alcohol, but hey, why not!

A few of my friends have told me to hop back on match.com saying it'll be an ego-boost, if not anything else. I'm not really torn up about my ex at all, but I'm never very hopeful about the online dating thing. I know there's a thread about this out there, but I guess I should chance it. I'll keep you all posted!

Hi jmko, online dating is pretty hip these days I think. It hasn't got the reputation of being creepy and weird like it did years ago. Nowadays most people are meeting online. I met my hubby online (although not on a conventional dating site). But we'd never have met otherwise, seeing as we lived at opposite ends of the country. It's a great way to broaden the horizon so to speak. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phae (Post 4527784)
Quiet - My icon is also from Doctor Who, lol. It's an Adipose which are actually little aliens that live as fat on people's bodies! I thought it was appropriate.

I have been really slacking on exercise this week. I am tired, and still getting over my cold. I have a busy next few days so maybe I can get something in tomorrow night. I have been diligent about eating within my points though so hopefully that counts for something.

I have been working this week, too, which is good. I actually got double booked at schools for tomorrow so I am in demand! Haha. Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm a huge whovian myself Phae and I adore your profile pic. I miss the David Tennant years so much. I haven't been too keen on Matt Smith but it'll be interesting to see how he works with the new companion.

Your pic with the Tardis is awesome. I met John Barrowman a few years ago and got a great pic with him. Anyway I can't wait till the Christmas episode.

Hope your cold clears up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleuMaus (Post 4527462)
@ Fattitude:
Wow, I am amazed that you ran a 5k and a 10k in three weeks! Thats a great achievement! Next year in October I want to run a Zombie 5k. I was supposed to do i this year, but since my accident I couldn't. I'm actually, I cant say surprised, but happy that your body is craving exercise. I Love your determination!

BleuMaus, a zombie 5k sounds so awesome. I'd love to do that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeriloos (Post 4527576)
Guys, I walked today for the first time in a long time! I went 3 miles and i'm really happy about it, I halfway thought i wasnt gonna go..but I did it and i'm proud :carrot:. now i've got 47 miles to go in 67 days. keep up the good work see u all soon

That's awesome cheeriloos. If it wasn't for the fact I can't drive (I'm learning, finally) I probably wouldn't get much walking done but I have to walk to work and back each day and it's amazing how just some light walking each day really helps. Keep it up. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude (Post 4527598)
BleuMaus Thanks. :) We actually do triathlons and it's our off season so I've been trying to work on my run time. I hate running. Absolutely hate it, so I've been trying to do more of it. haha! We have another 5k this weekend and then we'll probably wrap the year up with one more 5k.

I'm not a big fan of running either SoMuchFattitude, so I totally admire you for going for it. Well done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina (Post 4527621)
So far I am very much enjoying my stay-cation week! Yesterday I had lunch with a friend. I got a salad, though I wish I had asked for the dressing on the side. The restaurant service was lousy and forgot the roll I was supposed to get, but I guess that was a good thing. Then I had coffee with another friend....but we were walking around so much I wound up getting a water instead of a coffee. :lol: I was so happy because by the end of the night I walked 15,000 steps! :carrot:

lol, QuietBallerina, that's the way to think about it... on the Brightside. :D It's funny how small things like that can happen but in retrospect was probably a positive thing, haha. That's awesome with the amount of walking you did.

Anyway, hope you all have a fabulous evening. :)

Quiet Ballerina 11-13-2012 05:04 PM

I could cry (in fact, that's all I've been doing since about noon). The apartment got rented.
I felt like such a dork, but I could not stop crying at the leasing office when she told me it was rented. They have others available, but some of them aren't as upgraded and they could be rented at any time.

rainbowstripe 11-13-2012 05:42 PM

If I miss anyone, I'm sorry - just popping in really!

BleuMaus Have you tried any of the online calorie counting tools? There are plenty of them out there... I find that if I'm out and about with no access to my computer I just keep track in my phone (in a list, because I don't use data on my smartphone) or in a notebook and then input it when I get home.

SoMuchFattitude Those wedges are HOT. I have some similar but mine are all worn out looking - I am jealous of your shiny new ones!

QuietBallerina I think maybe spice makes us feel more full? I don't know... I'm so sorry to hear about the apartment you wanted being rented. I hope you can find something else and that, in the meantime, you enjoy the rest of your staycation!

jmko It's all in the willpower. Especially when I have spare calories, I do talk to myself in my mind about how getting a small fries wouldn't be that bad. But to be honest I also enjoy the look on the servers face when all I ask for is a side salad haha. Maybe you could also try okcupid.com? I've heard good things about it. It's always fun to catch up with old friends, you sound like you're doing well :)

Phae I'm with you on the exercise, I need to get back in more seriously too after this cold!

BeautyandtheBeast Welcome back :)

No update, small scale drop, but to be honest, I'm just impressed that in the past three weeks I've lost 2kg (4.4ish pounds) and managed to keep it off. I did some more Wii fit last night...but I also ate McDonalds. It was the last day of a limited edition burger and I wanted it so bad. What's more ridiculous is that I still cooked the healthy dinner for my boyfriend because I had already gotten the meat out of the freezer.

Oh well. I was only just over calories, and it's one meal. Not going to worry too much.

Wish me luck, I'm going to run after work today - first time in nearly 2 weeks because of the stupid cold! I'm kind of scared, but I know I'm just psyching myself out over nothing. It will probably be slightly harder than it was but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what I can do with ground beef for dinner. I'd usually do bolognese, but the boyfriend (and me actually, as I've noticed it's helping my losses) are trying to do low carb dinners.

rinsmommy 11-13-2012 06:53 PM

I have felt like crap the last 2 days. I have still been eating healthy, but I had no will to exercise yesterday. I am scared today will be the same. I cant seem to make myself do it, and I dont have a scale, but I am afraid to check because what if I havent lost any weight? Ugh, I hate being anxious.

I hope all is well for all of you. :-)

Roo2 11-13-2012 07:13 PM

Thank goodness I have almost made it through another day being OP.
I Try to stay focused on doing one day at a time.
I noticed some people are exercising while losing weight,my coach instructed me only do walking for now. So my dogs are keeping motivated with training and walking and it is a great distraction from mindless snacking that I could do if I stay in the house.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

penmage 11-13-2012 08:55 PM

I'll pop back in and do personals later, but I just wanted to say my exercise bike is HEEEEEREEEEE! YAY! I can't wait to try it out.

:ebike: :ebike: :ebike:

SoMuchFattitude 11-14-2012 08:05 AM

Good Morning! Is it Friday yet?!

Quiet Ballerina - Idk wtf is wrong with me. :lol: I knew you lived in VA. Ahahahahaha. Sorry! So sorry about the apartment. :hug: I'd have cried, too.

jmko Yes, I am really bad about it. LOL. Fortunately DH caters to my shoe fetish and buys me the best shoes. My parents spent a month in Europe and my mom brought me black and red stilettos back from Venice. :D I told DH he had to step his shoe game up for me now. LOL. Christmas should be good for me! That's awesome that you're able to reconnect with old friends now. Try okcupid, too. It's free and fun. If anything you'd find a good rebound. :lol:

BeautyandtheBeast Welcome!!! Hang in there. I'm 29 and I've been fighting the fight for years too. Slow and steady. :)

rainbowstripe Thank you! You could do bolognese with spaghetti squash to keep it more low carb. I also will occasionally steam veggies and put sauce over them. It's not the same, but it definitely gives you the whole spaghetti vibe because of the sauce.

rinsmommy Listen to your body! If you need to rest, rest. You'll do more harm than good if you push yourself while sick.

Roo2 What kind of dogs?

penmage What kind of bike? Recumbent? Spin? Up right?

------

Still being kind to myself and not getting on the scale for a bit. Though - I did take my measurements last weekend and I'd lost 2 more inches on my hips, which is very exciting.

I'm really glad I took those three weeks off from training/working out. My body definitely needed it. I feel so much better - but at the same time - it's incredible to see the difference in cardiovascular system when you take time off. My breathing and time were definitely slow yesterday morning swimming and then DH and I went to spin class last night and boy oh boy - I love spin, but last night kicked my butt. Note to self: don't take 3 weeks off of spin. :lol:

I have the worst headache. I have no idea how this happened, but somehow DH and I managed to smack heads absurdly hard in the night. He sat up or something and came down right on top of my head. I woke up crying and him apologizing and petting me and telling me he loves me. :lol: Regardless, horrible headache today. I slept until 6am hoping the headache would go away and skipped the gym, (headache did not go away) but I brought my gym stuff so I can stop on the way home from work.

My SIL is coming over tonight so DH and I can help her with her resume and then trivia after.

beahawkins 11-14-2012 09:24 AM

So, I am in the middle of doing my math homework.. Looks like I am missing my morning classes today, which is ok. I am then going to go workout for the first time this week. I need to get my numbers back down. It hurts how bad they I am doing. I know what I need to lose weight, but it's so difficult to do that!

Anyways, something weird is happening with my body. I have a ridiculous amount of curves on my body. I have some crazy love handles. They used to be like hard fat... They have never ever felt as pudgy as they do today. I don't know if that is losing weight or what but I a ok with it!