3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   November Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/269104-november-chat-thread.html)

jmko 11-12-2012 12:36 PM

rainbow: zuccini & carrot cake?? Sounds interesting. How'd it turn out?

phae: TARDIS!!! I'm so jealous! How was the pub crawl?

nightprowler: Glad you're back!

sun: Hope your DD is feeling better soon.

ballerina: I want to hear about the boy!! SPILL!!!

zan: it's always nice to know that I'm not the only one that goes through stuff like this. I know almost everyone does, but hearing those stories makes you feel like you're not alone. How did the cookies turn out?

So I had plans for a quiet weekend but that didn't really happen! I stayed home most of Friday night, which was nice. I got to hang around the house and watch TV and eat take out! Ran a couple errands on Saturday morning, had lunch with a friend, then went out to dinner and saw a movie. Hit up a trade show yesterday and bought my dress for my friend's wedding, then spent the night doing laundry. Whew! Glad I kept busy, though, it made me feel like I had ME time again. I'm actually really happy - getting rid of the excess baggage has done wonders! I still don't really have an appetite, but forcing myself to eat. My brand new pair of pants that I bought in Maui are too big already. *sigh* This is the crappy part about weight loss. When you think you aren't going to lose anymore, you do. The alterations are expensive. Oh well, guess I should be glad I'm still losing.

It's monday and everyone seems to have a holiday except me!!! Boo for being stuck in an office all day!

Phae 11-12-2012 12:48 PM

zan - London is pretty awesome. The best thing is that there is a lot you can do for free (such as go to BBC filmings)! It is quite different than Canada in some ways, but very similar in others. I chose to live overseas here because I knew it wouldn't be much of a culture shock. This is my first time in Europe so a lot of things are new to me! I like it though. Teaching here is pretty similar to teaching at home; the curriculum and procedures are slightly different and some of the kids are crazy, but you get that everywhere!

jmko - The pub crawl was... OK. I'm not a big drinker (never have been) so I really only went because my flatmate wanted to go. I ended up leaving after the 3rd bar because I was sick and it was super crowded.

Which movie did you see?

To my Who loving friends - here's one of my photo ops with the TARDIS:
http://i46.tinypic.com/s4yvsn.png

-----

I worked today, which is weird because I tend to never get called on a Monday. I didn't get called until 9am but that's OK because I got paid for the whole day! I'm back at the same school tomorrow, and possibly longer. Whoohoo!

I noticed that I don't really eat when I'm working... I get thinking about other things. I nibble a few things at lunch but that's it. Then I am really hungry after work. My current Point allowance on WW is 42 and after breakfast and lunch, I still had 30 points left. Crazy. I just had a nice dinner though and bit of chocolate for a treat. :)

cheeriloos 11-12-2012 02:01 PM

Phae, I love that coat of yours!
Hey guys, I'm on a weight loss program trying to get to 190 by my wedding in January, I find this website super helpful and thought I'd drop in to say hello since I'm subscribed to this thread since 08 when I joined lost weight , met the love of my life then gained weight again :p aint that the breaks. I hope you're all doing well and I'll be back soon. Gotta drink my water as I hear food calling me, (I already had lunch!)

cheeriloos 11-12-2012 02:35 PM

Hey Gals! i'm jumping in!
@nina, I just found out i'm 5'4 I gained 2 inches recently when my cousin and I were measuring!
@ sassafrass! I love your blog! what an inspiration

@ everyone, Nice to meet u all, I'm really trying to get serious about my weight loss this time, I'm a repeat offender, i lose the same thirty pounds and get right back up to the 220's , I need to stay in a lower weight for my heart and my kids! plus i like to shop and i cant fit any clothes i really want to wear so i dont buy anything, I have all the same clothes from 3 years ago , (the last time I lost weight. I miss that feeling!

Phae 11-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeriloos (Post 4526571)
Phae, I love that coat of yours!

Thanks! I actually got it last year at Old Navy on Boxing Day. $25!

Welcome to the thread! I'm new, too, but I like having somewhere to chat! Good luck on your journey! I like to shop, too. I'm a bit of an addict! I can't imagine what I'll be like when I fit into clothes in all the stores. :D

sun 11-12-2012 03:20 PM

rainbowI find it hard to not weigh in everyday but it is easier if you can just do it once a week, more encouraging. sounds like you are doing everything right.
jmko I wish I had your alteration problems right now. I am living in yoga pants. lol glad you had good me time.
phae cute pic :) love peacoats.
cheerilos Good luck for your wedding. keep going. I am trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding at the end of Jan. we can do it!

So I have been busy and my back is a bit better. DD is doing ok. things are looking up, tomorrow is my weigh in and i want to see 174. fingers crossed. being 100% on today. whew its hard lol
hope you are all having a great monday

BleuMaus 11-12-2012 03:43 PM

@ Sun: I saw your mini goals and I love the idea! I had an idea to do the same!

cheeriloos 11-12-2012 04:30 PM

@ phae - omg , i know , i cannot wait! i bought a pair of low rise jeans and I wore them once got a big head and then gained the weight back, they were soo nice , now they sit in my closet and wait for me ! I'm coming!
@ sun- thank u , yes we totally can!

@ bleu- I think its a great idea too! i wrote mine down on paper since they wont all fit in my signature with my tickers~

nina cloudstar 11-12-2012 04:38 PM

Hello all, just wanted to pop in and say hi, I am feeling very sad, my boyfriend and I broke up last week and I am feeling absolutely awful about it.

I hope all of you awesome people can help take my mind off things! :)

penmage 11-12-2012 05:19 PM

nina cloudstar- Oh no! I'm sorry you're feeling down about the breakup. :( It'll get easier over time, but it's totally okay to watch sappy movies and cry, too! :hug: for you.

sun- I'm so glad your back is feeling better, as well as your daughter. I also stole your mini-goal reward idea, but I'm applying mine towards exercise minutes instead. 1000 minutes til my massage!

I hope everyone else is doing well and having a good Monday! It's rainy and yucky here, but I'm in a good mood today. Made a really yummy meatless chili for dinner (considering having a second bowl!!). I've been slacking on my fiber lately, and I figured beans are a good source. And tasty. Also, my exercise bike comes tomorrow! SOOOO excited! I just hope it comes before I have to go to school tomorrow afternoon- I want to test it out first!

Weight loss fairy dust to all! :cheer2:

rainbowstripe 11-12-2012 06:50 PM

jmko The cake actually turned out really well, I was pleasantly surprised! Three of my coworkers asked me for the recipe, so it must have been good. Sounds like you've been keeping busy, which is a good thing! What movie did you see?

Phae You and the leftover WW points sounds like me with leftover calories, I'm so bad at not getting them in during the day that I end up with far too many at night. But only during the week mind you, come the weekend and I struggle to keep within haha.

cheeriloos Welcome! It does seem to be far easier to gain weight when you have that whole start of a relationship buzz, I did the same thing when I met my boyfriend nearly five years ago, even he put on weight!

sun Glad to hear that both you and your daughter are doing better. I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh in tomorrow!

nina cloudstar I'm sorry to hear about your breakup, I hope you're doing ok!

penmage What kind of things are in a meatless chili? Hope the exercise bike is fun!

Just stopping by, about to head out and get a side salad to go with my leftover chicken. I know lots of people avoid fast food like the plague but the salads here at Wendy's are actually pretty good.
If I have leftover meat, I'll often just get a side salad to go with it because at $3, it's pretty cheap. If I don't have any other leftovers, I'll sometimes get a plain baked potato to go with the salad. Wendy's is so close to my work, so I just walk down and get it. I know it would be cheaper to buy salad ingredients but lettuce just doesn't last in my fridge for some reason and no one else would eat it!

I should probably stick my ticker back up to 65kg, because that's where I'm stuck. Dunno what happened to my 64.5, but I'm sure it can't be far away.

I am sore today from the Wii Fit! I was doing the flying thing, which feels ridiculous because on the screen you're in a bird suit... but I swear all that flapping worked my arms haha.

cheeriloos 11-13-2012 07:45 AM

Good morning beautiful ladies! just had my healthy breakfast , gonna get my babies off to school and walk ~ so i can get some miles in on my mileage ticker~

BleuMaus 11-13-2012 08:15 AM

Good morning all. Had my first official weigh in today and haven't had breakfast yet because I haven't decided how I should write down my calorie intake. I used to have a little pink book but its lost some where since I've move three times in the last 6 months.... and will be moving again.

I will be baking another loaf of bread today and hopefully i'll be able to count the calories in it. I didnt in my last loaf and I was kinda upset I didnt.

beahawkins 11-13-2012 09:32 AM

Hey guys. So I think I am at a point that I am going to go into maintenance mode until this semester is over. Maybe I am just disappointed but I don't know how to keep up with school and everything else while trying to exercise. : ( But somehow I also need to keep from gaining! But then the minute I am done I am going to workout so hard! So it's only a month. But I just don't know how to do it. : (
I'll try to personals in a little bit. I have to go to the pharmacy.

SoMuchFattitude 11-13-2012 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning All!

It's so busy in here now that it feels impossible to do personals after not being in here for 3 days. So - hi everyone and I'll touch on a few key things...

nina cloudstar :hug: Hang in there.

Quiet Ballerina I finally had to stop talking in that thread. DH was like, "Baby - you're not going to convince anyone that an open marriage is legit. Just stop." :lol: Where in NY are you getting an apt? I used to live about an hour outside of Troy and have friends in Brooklyn/Harlem. GL with this mystery man!

jmko :carrot: Gettin' your groove back! :carrot:

-------

Wowzers - I had an incredible weekend full of WAY too much food and alcohol - but 100% worth it. DH and I took a long weekend together to celebrate our anniversary. It's crazy to think that 8 years ago yesterday we had our first date and then 2 years ago we married and I'm still stupid in love with him. DH got me two new pair of shoes for our anniversary since I'm a shoe wh*re. Knee high boots and some fantastic wedge, 5 inch high black suede heels. (see attached) He has impeccable taste and keeps me well dressed.

So, I've stopped counting calories and started listening to my body. I got lazy and took 3 weeks off from the gym. I ran a 10k and a 5k in those 3 weeks, but aside from that nothing. I ate like total crap over the weekend and then yesterday the strangest thing happened - my body asked me to go to the gym. I literally craved it. So - this morning I got up and swam 1/2 a mile and felt fantastic. My swim itself was terrible because I havent swam in a month :rofl: but I listened to my body and respected it and went and felt a million times better after.