Old 03-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 320/280/160

Height: 5'1

First name: Christa

Geographical location: Colorado, transplanted from Joplin, MO

Marital Status: Engaged to and living with my Soul Mate!

Children/Ages: None yet, but sort of desperately wanted in the future.

Occupation: Unemployed and Disabled because of reasons. In the future I want to be a child psychologist.

Pets: The best cat ever: a 7-year old calico/tabby known as Sweet Pea who has been through a lot with me, two cats who technically belong to my fiance and his mother, Boo and Fuzzy (they have real names, but they don't know them), a beautiful lazy and lovable black boy cat called Binx who drools compulsively and lives with my mom in Missouri, and a talkative not-big blonde mutt dog with a pot-belly and kind of amazing eyebrows and mustache named Gunner who also lives in Missouri with my mom.

Hobbies/Interests: reading (especially fantasy), drawing, playing video games (especially RPGs) and I'm trying to make exercising into a hobby, AKA something I enjoy

Height: 5'1 or 5-flat depending on who's measuring me

Eye/Hair Color: my eyes are blue-green and change colors with my mood, lighting, clothing, etc. My hair is blondish.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off for a few years. Officially restarting as of today: Saturday, March 22, 2014

Starting Weight: 320+

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 180, ultimate 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: chronic pain, stress eating, losing motivation

Following any specific plan: Not really, but I'm trying to cut sugar completely. I've identified sugar as a big freaking problem and also the possible pre-diabetic diagnosis scares the heck out of me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Unlike all the other times, I'm really invested this time. My heath problems scare me, and I don't see a good future if I don't change. And this time, part of my motivation is to look on the outside the way I feel inside.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a Christian, but don't let that scare you off. I roll with all kinds. My sister is Pagan, I'm friends with a boatload of atheists, and one of my best friends was a Satanist at one point. XD
I am an independent Libertarian (officially registered as a Republican) politically, I am not a feminist I identify as an Egalitarian, I'm not politically correct, I support gun rights, etc.....In short, most of my opinions run in opposition to the Mainstream. But I promise it doesn't matter! I get along with everyone, almost no matter what. I was raised to not judge and I don't! The worst you'll get from me is agreeing to disagree!
Also, I've been posting on forum websites for over a decade, and sometimes I make REALLY long posts....hope that doesn't bother anyone. I also have a lot of emotional baggage and sometimes that creeps into my posts....I apologize in advance. -bows-
ChristaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 165/162/145

Height: 5'5"

First name: Karen

Geographical location: PA, USA

Marital Status: Single!

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 adorable kitten!

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travel(!), Hiking now that I'm more fit, Alcohol

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 19th, 2014

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 161

Goal Weight: 155 for Budapest trip (May 6th, 2014). 145 by September 7th (for a friend's wedding)!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Gaining/losing cycle. I've lost a bit of weight before, but I've gained it back due to stress and just not caring.

Following any specific plan: Tracking my food, Running three times a week, Drinking lots of tea. Trying to walk to my job once summer hits. Will be joining a gym or trying to find a running buddy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally know how to manage the stresses of grad school without eating. I'm not obsessing about my weight loss going one way--I'm just trying to make more conscientious choices about what I'm eating and what I'm doing without depriving myself of the good stuff.

Last edited by lucrezia; 03-23-2014 at 12:43 AM.
lucrezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 223.5/207/140

Height: 5ft5

Fist name: Maddie

Geographical location: Herts, England

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 dog, 2 cats, some snakes and a tortoise

Hobbies/Interests: being in the countryside, learning new things (i'm proud to be a geek), seeing friends and reading

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5th Feb 2014 (although there have been many other start dates, this is the one where I properly became serious about loosing weight and have seen results.

Starting Weight: 223.5

Present Weight: 209

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time to exercise, not comfort eating due to stress (working 7 days a week and being tired all the time makes it hard!)

Following any specific plan: Eat less, eat better, exercise more. I also use a diet plate.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: motivated, support from my gorgeous husband (we got married in August 2013) and a more positive attitude.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need the support of others too to stop me giving up, but also to stop me boring my husband to death with constant diet and weight loss talk. He is actually very slim/muscular so it must be hard for him to listen to me all the time.

tapirgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #259  
Beach Enthusiast

S/C/G: 141(64kg)/141(64kg)/110(50kg)

Height: 155cm

First name: Yohana (YOHA)

Geographical location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: -

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Art, Criminal Minds, Diet, Dance

Height: 155cm

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/ Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been on a diet since I'm 14. But after a 10kg gain through college, the real journey started on late January 2014.

Starting Weight: 69kg (152lbs)

Present Weight: 64kg (141lbs)

Goal Weight: 50kg (110lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: BINGE & EMOTIONAL EATING

Following any specific plan: nope, just dance my *** at least 3 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really exercise. Not just swim for 2 hours. I really exercise. Cardio and strength, and I'm happy I could see my muscles building up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been on binge-purge cycle since high school and I'm working on getting out of it.
yohasoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 272.2/260/180

Height: 5'3"

First name:Stephanie Bednarz

Geographical location:Salem, OR

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets:Puppy

Hobbies/Interests:Arts and Crafts, Theater, Watersports

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue!, Light Brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:I started a year ago, but stopped Ideal Protein, I just restarted Medifast on 3/31/2014.

Starting Weight:286.2
Present Weight:275.4

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overcoming my temptations, binge eating and old habits

Following any specific plan: Take Shape For Life Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing it with a friend and its am working on changing my habits

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'd love to meet more people doing the program, and chat!

Last edited by Java1991; 04-08-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Java1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 203/201/135

Height: 5'2

First name:Katie

Geographical location: DC Metro Area, US

Marital Status: Engaged as of Feb 2014!

Children/Ages: N/A- But soon to have an 8 year old step daughter

Pets: 2 of the awesomest cats ever alive

Hobbies/Interests: documentaries, traveling, music, outdoor activities

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Late February 2014

Starting Weight: 204 (yikes)

Present Weight: 190.2

Goal Weight: 135 would be amazing.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am your classic yo-yo'er. My weight has been up and down quite drastically my whole life. It's hard to stay on track when your partner can eat/drink what ever he wants in front of you!!!

Following any specific plan: 1,200 calorie a day intake goal with one cheat day per week. Calorie counter has helped me stay accountable even on my bad days.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never been over 180 before in life and somehow lost control and reached 204!!!???? I do not want to get married and be self conscious about my wedding photos. I avoid the camera as much as possible these days. Health is a big motivator as well. I would be so disappointed in myself if I was pre-diabetic and if I don't stick to a permanent change now, diabetes is a very real possibility.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am thankful for forums like this to keep me motivated and know that I'm not alone. I feel like everyone else around me is so thin and I'll always be known as the chubby girl.
katiepie7312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

First name: Maggie

Geographical location: Ohio

Pets: 1 dog - a papillion named cooper

Hobbies/Interests: drinking, writing, dancing

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green eyes; blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/19/14 (today)

Starting Weight: 188

Present Weight: 188

Goal Weight: 145
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #263  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

First name: Sabrina

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Our daughter was stillborn on March 21, 2014.

Pets: A boston terrier named Eddie and a brown Tabby cat named Evie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, exercising, the Catholic faith.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 21,2014

Starting Weight: 205lbs

Present Weight: 190lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Knowing that it takes time to lose weight.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting (1200 per day) and exercising 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm losing weight after having gained it during my pregnancy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm 4 weeks post partum. As I mentioned earlier, I gave birth to a stillborn daughter in March. I was 38 weeks pregnant. The cause could not be determined. My husband and I trust that God had more important things for her to do in Heaven. Though it may seem strange, our faith has been strengthened since the loss of our daughter.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #264  

S/C/G: ??/??/144 - see ticker!

Height: 5'2½" - 5'3"

First name: Jacqueline Rose

Geographical location: Nevada

Pets: 2 cats, Baby kitty (9yrs), Snickers (8yrs)

Hobbies/Interests: Getting to know people,

Height: 5ft 2½in to 5ft 3in. Dunno which.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 30, 2014

Starting Weight: See Ticker

Present Weight: See Ticker

Goal Weight: 144 lbs (10st 4lb)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: There are quite a few for me. Staying on track is #1 on my list

Following any specific plan: I'm going back onto the plan that my previous Dietian had me on. I had amazing results

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been mentally preparing myself to keep on track and not lose sight of the big picture, and having a support system here on 3FC will be a nice kick

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm currently in school to become a Medical Biller & Coder.
jacquelinerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #265  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

First Name: Cris

Geographical Location: Fort Hood, TX

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: a son, 6

Occupation: graphic designer (although I am currently on extended leave until 2015)

Pets: a (rescued) black shepherd, Link, the sweetest and kindest dog ever!

Hobbies/Interests: crafting, sewing, surfing, makeup, shoes, ~glitter~

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde (though I just recently went dark red)

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: April 24, 2014. It was a Wednesday - I know because for three weeks prior, I kept saying "next Sunday... Next Monday..." And on Wednesday I woke up and said, you know what? It's now or never.

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 185.0

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Weightloss: eating - I typically eat only one meal (dinner) and will not stop what I'm doing to make or eat something when I am hungry, which means I eat nearly all of my calories at dinner and right before bed.

Also, my husband is deployed and a medic who tends to fret over the smallest bruises, so I haven't told him what's going on. It's very hard not having his support, but he has other things he needs to focus on.

Following any specific plan: just counting calories and lots of cardio for now. I'll adjust later as necessary.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts in the past: I've never tried losing weight in the past, so this is uncharted territory for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: my husband is deployed until the end of November, and I'd really like to lose most of this weight by then. Our son is also struggling with being underweight/classified as FTT, so he needs a very different diet and I'm trying hard to make sure we both get what we need.
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #266  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: midwest USA

Marital Status: single

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: painting, drawing, crafts

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/blue

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 1/12/14 technically, but started Optifast 70 on 5/5/14

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 245 still probably, don't weigh in until next Tuesday (5/13)

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: social situations

Following any specific plan: Optifast 70 + weight lifting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: that determination is back

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing that I can think of right now!
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #267  

First name: Mia

Geographical location: VA

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: An adorable and grumpy black lab

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, video games, and rollercoasters

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Gray eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love junk food (soda, hot wings, fast food, greasy foods, beer) and often find myself just being lazy and laying around the house instead of being active like I should be.

Following any specific plan: I am going to start working out everyday, at least six days a week and cut my junk food back to just one day a week. I'm looking into other diet plans and am always open to advice.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I'm going to be diligent and mindful not to get discouraged like I have in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very excited!!!
Sillybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #268  

S/C/G: SW 230/GW 135

Height: 5"4"

First name:JaLisa

Geographical locationMV

Children/Ages:N/A

Teacher at a day care

Pets:1 cat

Hobbies/Interests:Active church member,reading,watching old movies,mostly a homebody

Height:5"4"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:230

Starting Weight:230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:A lot.Mostly Laziness, emotional eating, bad food choices, and limited selection of healthy foods.

Following any specific plan: The broke peoples version of weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Health reason.Just found out I am prediabetic

Anything else you would like to share with us: IM ABOUT TO GET MY CUTE GIRL ON!
acts238girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 175/173/150

Height: 5.6ft

First name: Lindsey Reid

Geographical location: TX

Marital Status: In a happy relationship with the prospect of marriage

Children/Ages: 4 y/o girl

Pets: A big, furry cat named Leo

Hobbies/Interests: I love to be outside doing just about anything and reading is my indoor passion

Height: 5'6''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 1, 2014

Starting Weight: 175lbs

Present Weight: 173lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Resisting certain foods, eating in moderation, and eating healthily

Following any specific plan: Exercise every day and cooking my own food

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I HAVE to lose weight. There are no if, and, or but to it. I refuse to live in a body that I am not happy in.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Any help offered, is help greatly appreciated!
lindsey.reid91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 194/171/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello everyone!

Hi everyone. I've been stalking the forums for over a year, but this is my first time deciding to post. I'm getting married this fall and the yo-yo has got to stop. I'm sick of it, and I want to be in good shape so I can match my very athletic and muscular fiance FINALLY!

First name: Brittani

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Recently engaged!

Children/Ages: No. Nope. None. I love other people's kids though... they go home.

Pets: I have two dogs and a cat, all boys.

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, camping, kayaking, backpacking, fishing, rock climbing, gardening... pretty much anything outdoors. I also like to read a lot and take photos.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown or hazel/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I can remember, but officially May 2012.

Starting Weight: 194

Present Weight: 171

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Complacency. I get to a point where i'm comfortable and maintain, then sort of lose track of my goals until I gain a little bit of weight and freak out. January I had gotten down to 162, but I got lazy and gained 10lbs, and got motivated to start again. I just want to make goal once and for all and stay there.

Following any specific plan: No. Just clean and heathy eating and regular exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am getting married in September, I am going to be wearing a sari, and while I know I won't lose 40lbs by then I want to be in significantly better shape than I am in right now. I need my midriff to be on point for pictures. Also, we are thinking we might want babies in the next few years and there is no way i'm getting pregnant unless i'm in terrific, athletic shape -- for my benefit and for the baby since i'll be embarking on that quest at a much older age than most of my peers and I want any advantage I can get.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really. Nice to meet all of you!
PrincessGoo is offline   Reply With Quote