Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #106  

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 2 pups! Cocoa (Australian Shepard) Jade (Pitbull mix)

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening and basically anything outside.

Height:5/6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair-Blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 13, 2013

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cheap food. 90% of the groceries I buy are because they are cheap. 2nd, cooking for one...there are 3 adults in this house (hubby & sister) and me eating something completely different from them seems like a hassle 3rd, late night eating...I eat a lot of the time because I'm bored. Not because I'm hungry.

Following any specific plan: Starting when I wake up in the morning I will be walking/jogging every morning and eventually will be starting Zumba. I cut pop out about a month ago and drink water, milk, or juice. More water than anything else and I have been trying to make smarter decisions about food.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
This time I'm over it. I am so disgusted with myself that that it's taking a toll on my marriage. I feel I am an embarrassment therefor I am not the funnest person to be around! Tired of losing a war with myself, it's time to win some battles!

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 301/299/220

Height: 5'5"

Red face Mrs. Maldonado

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: California, West Coast

Children/Ages: Andrew 1yr4mo/ Ayla 2yr7mo/ Aiden 6yr8mo

Pets: Bentley/Big Big Puppy

Hobbies/Interests: Family, Cooking, Weight Loss, Make-up, Basketball

Height: 5ft5in

Eye/Hair Color: Green Eyes, Red/Pink Hair

Starting Weight:301

Present Weight:298

Goal Weight: 220lbs-My "Realistic Goal" 170lbs-My "Dream Goal"

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Tried EVERY diet, Sons Medical Issues, School, Too big for Exercise Machines.

Following any specific plan: Very Specific Caloric Restricted Diet, 1,640 Cals
per Day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: VERY MOTIVATED ONCE I ACTUALLY HIT THE BIG 300 MARK.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel like i have everything in front of me to succeed, but i just can't. My husband is super fit, works out every day, drinks protein/pre-workout drinks, Loves sports, he's perfect. I feel like i need to pick up the pace and be on the same fitness page as him We have a HUGE weight system in the garage, (squat rack, bench press, free weights, elyptical, treadmil, and pool) But i feel like im too fat to use any of them. Well not the pool, but the elyptical/treadmil, i feel like im going to break them iVE TRIED EVERY DIET PILL OUT THERE EVEN Ephedrine HCL, Nothing Works for me.
mmaldonado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #108  
Medifast 3/16/13

S/C/G: 255/244/150

Height: 5'4"

Default howdy!

First name: Alicia
Geographical location: Houston, Tx
Marital Status: single, never married, no boyfriend
Children/Ages: none
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: cooking, singing
Height: 5'4.5"
Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown (brown skin too)
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/16/2013
Starting Weight: 255
Present Weight: 242
Goal Weight: 150
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not exercising regularly, loving carbs
Following any specific plan: medifast 5 & 1
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm following a plan this time. Went from 280 to 230 with diet and exercise in 2011. Gained 25 lbs in 2012.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to have success and meet my goals
SimplyLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 180/177/125

Height: 5"5

First name: Alicia

Geographical location: Northwest

Marital Status: Taken

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 2 cats: Smokey & Yuki

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height: 5"5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: March 2013

Starting Weight: 174

Present Weight: 172

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Self-medicating with Sweets

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Most of the time I would calorie-count, but now I want to eat what's best for my mind and body. I am ready to start a transition that will take each step slowly in order to succeed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to have joined such a huge community.
Alicia546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 218/195.8/170ish

Height: 5'9

First name: Brittany

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Living with my Boyfriend

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 dog - Boxer/pit mix named Cooper. He is my love bug!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, trying to do crafty projects that I usually fail, cooking, adventuring out to new places.

Eye/Hair Color: red/brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: hmm around May 1st

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight 170 ish.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love for cheese on everything.

Following any specific plan: using the app Noom to count calories and trying to eat clean.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose weight but I also want to change my lifestyle. I have been a vegetarian for the last 11 years and I want to be a healthy one. I have made the mistake of replacing meat with pastas and lots of carbs.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't have the best self control so I'm glad I found this site. Just looking threw the post has helped a lot.
whitb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #111  
Bride to be

S/C/G: 185/175/155

Height: 5'3"

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information.

First name: Stacia

Geographical location: Oxnard, Ca

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: music, friends, travel, wine

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: since I was 14?

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 175

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: consistency

Following any specific plan: 1400 cal per day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my upcoming wedding/honeymoon in Cancun is a huge motivator

Anything else you would like to share with us: looking for support and wanting to learn from others with experience
Ariel3833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/194/140

Height: 5'2"

Talking Here it is!

First name: Sherry

Geographical location:Michigan

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages: I don't have children yet.

Pets:1 cat

Hobbies/Interests:Reading and whatever else I can do to occupy my time.

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue eyes/Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:3/18/2013

Starting Weight:200lbs

Present Weight:200lbs (I'm only gonna weight myself on Sunday and it's friday.)

Goal Weight:140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I snack and like to drink pop, but I've given that up. Hopefully this works.

Following any specific plan:I'm trying to do the slim fast diet, and count my calories. I also want to work out, but it's hard to fit it in my schedule.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually want to try and stick with this instead of get discouraged and quit. I wanna get back to where I used to be. I wanna look good in a bathing suit and feel good about how I look too!

Anything else you would like to share with us:Any help or tips would be appreciated! I'm new to the whole diet and exercise thing. So I don't really know what I'm doing I'm just doing and hoping it works.
sherry1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 271/271/190

Height: 5'7"

Talking

First name: Devonne

Geographical location:Colorado

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:No human children. But we do have a boxer named Sugar. She's 4 years old.

Pets:A tarantula named Spike.

Hobbies/Interests:Mostly I just enjoy my family and friends. However, I have a fondness for shooting, fishing, reading, and lately cooking.

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel eyes and the hair is currently burgundy.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:It's been an on and off battle for the last 5 years or so. More serious attempts within the last couple years.

Starting Weight:271

Present Weight:Currently starting over so the weight is the same.

Goal Weight:190

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Sticking with a plan. I'm so tired of starting over!

Following any specific plan:Currently I've been looking into a vegetarian lifestyle. I plan to try the 21 day kickstart begining April 1st. However, my fondness for meat may overcome me. So I am considering the South Beach Diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Well, these last couple years I have actually been taking more action. I used to be the complainer and never actually tried to change anything. But recently I've been changing my diet and coming up with an excercise plan. Plus documenting everying. I'm hoping that this time, by joining a forum, I will find some support and motivation that I have lacked in previous efforts. I just need to keep going. Having even a little support will totally help!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Just that I am exited to read about everyone elses experiences and hopefully we can find motivation in each other.
DNArens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

First name: Holly

Geographical location: Somerset, England

Marital Status: Living with my Boyfriend

Occupation: Health and safety/Trading law at a big supermarket.

Pets: 1 dog - A cat called Frodo

Hobbies/Interests: reading, gym, watching films with the bf, spending time with my friends

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 1st attempt started June 2009, then the next attempt was July 2010.

Starting Weight: 280ish (Not 100% sure)

Present Weight: 156lb

Goal Weight 150lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweet tooth, not being able to leave food if i'm not actually hungry (product of being taught 'good' manners as a child)

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting using Myfitnesspal.com and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I completely hit rock bottom, and things had to change. At the time the easiest thing to change was my weight. As my weight fell my confidence grew, things started to fall into place and I realised I had to change for life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have realised that I am a boredom eater. I reach for the chocolate if I'm bored, so I try to keep myself busy and off food. Because of this I have ended up studying a new degree with the open university, progressing at work and spending a lot of time at the gym! hooray for newly found ambition.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 158/150/??

Height: 6'5"

First name: Katya

Geographical location: Israel

Marital Status: boyfriend

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: one dog and one cat

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, art

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: green, blonish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on and off since early teen years, 2 months since starting the last try

Starting Weight: about 158

Present Weight: about 150

Goal Weight: I have no idea, I was 130 ones and I didnt like my seld then ether. I need to lose but I also need to feel good.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I live with my family, they are all fat but do not want to cange so I have no suppoet AND I have little control on what comes in the house. I don't realy eat junk but I just like food- I like cooking, I like eating, Its a real social thing.

Following any specific plan: I tried NOOM for a while, thinking about going back to it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I'm really upset about how I look now, It didn't bother me this way befor. I tried to eat clean and work out every day for a months and I did see results, I just need to find some motivetion! Plus I got a new treadmill!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I came here for motivation! I need people that are trying to lose and feel good, I can't find that kind of support in my life so I hoped I'll find it here!
Sunshine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Iowa

Children/Ages: 1 daughter-2 years old

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching TV, being outside, spending time with family

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 1, 2013

Starting Weight: 214.2

Present Weight: 212.0

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My willpower. I have a hard time saying no to things that I want. I need to be better at saying NO to the bad things

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just watching what I eat and working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally feel like I am ready to lose the weight. Mentally and physically I can't deal with my weight anymore!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Excited to be here and be apart of a group of women who all are reaching for the same goal!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #117  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

First name: Kaycee

Geographical location: Montana

Marital Status: I live with my boyfriend.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: None.

Hobbies/Interests: All things outdoors, dancing, cooking/baking, crafts, shopping and music.

Height:5"8.5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Originally 2008

Starting Weight: My highest was 387

Present Weight: 250-ish

Goal Weight: Between 160-170, we'll see how I feel.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating and cooking healthy for 2 when your significant other is extremely picky. Also, getting back into the groove/routine.

Following any specific plan: My first go-round with significant weight loss was calorie counting and lots and lots of cardio. (worked well, then stalled.) I'm planning on moderate exercise and Ideal Protein this time around.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know that I can do it because I already have!

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is something that I have battled all my life and I probably always will...I just need to remember how far i've come, not how far I have to go! Well wishes to you all in your journey!
Kaceroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 380/360/170?

Height: 5' 7"

First name: Megan

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: No kids.

Pets: No pets

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy baking (uh oh...lol), writing, film, TV, hiking, reading, history, linguistics, travel, pop culture, and music.

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have no idea if I have ever truly started a journey or ever truly stopped a journey if you know what I mean. Most recently began focusing intently again last week, lol.

Starting Weight: 380

Present Weight: 372 ... I'll know on monday

Goal Weight: I don't have a number in mind bu rather a look and feel.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Starting exercise routine. Sticking to the weightloss. Losing more than 40 pounds

Following any specific plan: Working out, eating appropriate amounts, increasing protein, cutting out unnatural foods, upping fruits, veggies, and fiber.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel cornered and know I really have no choice but to do this as holding off has only held off on my life... sad but true.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm shy, even online (ha) so I probably won't post a lot but I lurk in a non-creeper way and find a lot of inspiration from seeing so many people push thorugh and succeed.
2legit2quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 128/121/105

Height: 5'5

First name: C

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Music, The Internet, Arguing about politics/religion/random stuff, Sci Fic, Psychology, Reading, Tumblr, Friends

Height: Somewhere from 5'4'' to 5'6'' (I haven't measured in a while)

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes/Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Kinda a long time ago, otherwise a couple weeks ago

Starting Weight: 124-128

Present Weight: 121

Goal Weight: 105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of motivation, when I feel like it's not worth it to get to a healthier weight and I won't be able to do it anyway. Also eating when I'm bored or upset

Following any specific plan: Mostly just eating less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: After losing ten pounds when I was sick (then I gained them back), I realised that I was actually capable of losing and getting closer to an ideal weight, and I think I'm more motivated now
Kiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 205/178/135

Height: 5'4"

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Maryland

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: No kids right now

Pets: 2 Guinea Pigs! lol

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, Running, Singing, Kayaking, Reading, Dancing, and more...

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Does 8 years old count? But technically I've started this chapter in January of 2012.

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 178

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Saying no to the foods I love. I have a very difficult time with self control.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am way more active this time than I used to be and I just don't see myself turning back, I need to make this happen once and for all.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I love this website and I am hoping that I can speak with all of you in this group to get tips and inspiration. Its been challenging for me these past 6 months and I am hoping to use this as another tool to get me back on track.