Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #121  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Ugh home sick today with a cold. Feel ok but coldy most of the time, until the sneezes hit >.< Gross. But my new phone arrived yesterday! So at least I can play with that. When my eyes are watering and I can actually see the screen. Going to taste wedding cakes on sunday- so I HAVE to get better!!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Icon - Are you looking for any specific kind of cake? Hope you feel better soon!

QB
- What did we do before the internet? Haha!

Samma
- I'm crossing my fingers for an engagement ring! And you've had a lot going on lately! Good job on getting started back up on your exercising. I have yet to get back on the work-out train.

Hotaru - Hope you are feeling better!

Well, it has been a very busy week for me. We've been doing the bible school thing every night this week and it's been so hot. The next few days are supposed to be over 100, so we are planning on staying in all day. Heat like that just drains everything out of a person. My eating has been horrible this week too. I do well for a week and then I blow it for another week...sigh...tomorrow is a new day! I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

Still job hunting. I went to a couple of schools today and dropped off my resume. I have a couple more applications that I need to fill out and mail. I'm so tired of filling those things out. I especially hate the ones that ask questions like "Why do you want to work for this school district?" and "Give a brief biography and state your reason of becoming a teacher." and "Briefly explain your philosophy of education." Ugh...those are so irritating because you have to write so much. Anyway, hopefully something will come up soon.

I was going to see about starting a Masters program in education just in case I didn't get a teaching job for this fall, but I talked to a cousin of mine that is a principal and I asked for her opinion and she thought I should get some experience in the school first and then go for my masters. So, Hotaru, I think that was you who mentioned that, right? Thanks for bringing that up because I wasn't thinking like that before. I was just thinking of trying to do something while waiting.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #123  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

We have a few ideas for decoration in mind, but as for flavours, we're not sure. I definitely want the top tier to be fruit, but apart from that I dunno. I've tried their white chocolate cake before and it was amaaaazing so I am super excited about cake tasting And our invites are nearly done too, which is super exciting. And our favours and bags arrived this week, and they are awesome too. Things are moving along so quickly! As for the cold, just thinking positive and drinking fluids at the moment. Thank god for soup!

The school job market here is pretty rough too. Maybe you could create a word document with all your answers to those questions in it, so you can just copy paste to save some time and effort? I hope something comes along soon Are there are any areas near you that have lots of housing going up where there might be new schools looking for people? Could you do some relieving work in the meantime?

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 06-28-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #124  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

work out train took a pit stop at mad mex yesterday. sigh...

it was a well deserved good night with my mom though.
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Ghost I hope you start feeling better!

sgregg Ha I know, right? It seems like when I'm at work I remember all of the things I need to do. When the weekend rolls around....I suddenly forget...
Fingers crossed that your job hunts produces some results soon!

We had some crazy storms Friday night. Power kept blinking, but fortunately we didn't lose it entirely. And the rain cooled things off a little. Awesome!
But....it was supposed to rain again last night, so I cancelled plans that I had made with a friend (I didn't want to risk getting stuck on the metro/subway with no power) and then it didn't rain at all! What a bummer.

Alright. I've been lazy enough today. Time for me to get moving and do something!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote