Old 06-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

katbot Vegas sounds fun! Please take pics of that awesome view.

lilkel Hope you get everything with your gallbladder sorted out.

sgregg babysitting gig got cancelled. She's nearly 2. Actually, since it was the dad planning a surprise for the mom, I had no idea how long they'd be gone. I just knew that they wanted me at 4.30 until at least bed time.

val The date was amazing. He's absolutely wonderful and I wish I got to see him more. (will write more about him below)

samma No! That stinks about the job. Hopefully they get things worked out asap.

Leila It's about a 2.5 hour plane ride to get to where he lives. We met back in November when he was here for work, kept in touch, I flew down to see him in January on a 3 day weekend...we've talked about me flying down again in September because there's another holiday weekend. We'll see!

Today's been a nice day so far. Took the babies (for those that have recently jumped onto the thread: I'm a nanny and look after two girls that are almost 2) down to the fire station and they each got a little helmet and got to sit in the fire truck! the fire fighters were very nice. Sooooo glad it's Friday!! I don't think I have any weekend plans and that is a-ok by me.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I'm going swimming tomorrow, aaaayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey, ladies!

Leila
- No word yet...

JoseLo - woohoo for swimming! LOL!

I don't have too much going on today...other than more laundry.

DH's vacation starts after he gets off work today! We are planning on going to the zoo Monday. Other than that, I don't know what we are going to get ourselves into.

No word on the interview yet. I don't expect a call really. I haven't gotten anymore calls yet for anymore interviews. I hope they start calling soon. My clinical instructor keeps telling me to call the schools and see when they are interviewing, but I just think that's unprofessional. What do you think?
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #34  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
Hey, ladies!

Leila
- No word yet...

JoseLo - woohoo for swimming! LOL!

I don't have too much going on today...other than more laundry.

DH's vacation starts after he gets off work today! We are planning on going to the zoo Monday. Other than that, I don't know what we are going to get ourselves into.

No word on the interview yet. I don't expect a call really. I haven't gotten anymore calls yet for anymore interviews. I hope they start calling soon. My clinical instructor keeps telling me to call the schools and see when they are interviewing, but I just think that's unprofessional. What do you think?
Hi! As a fellow teacher, the best bet is to call the District Office of the school you are planning to apply to. They usually have the info on all jobs and happenings. :-)
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #35  

Thanks for the advice, crazy!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #36  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Well, I started my job today! Things ended up finally being cleared yesterday afternoon, so I came in today to start orientation.

Got up at 5am to do Insanity. I'm tired!
I still feel bloated and crappy...TOM is no where close to arriving.
And dinner tonight is not going to help. My mom, boyfriend, and I are going out to dinner to celebrate my first day of my career.

I'll catch up tomorrow!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #37  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey everyone, been a bit MIA, works been really busy but good, feels like ive been there forever when its only really been a month tops, and never a dull moment in mental health lol! Weightloss is ticking along, now the hardest part is getting to the gym early and not eating too much work cake (they said we dont have cake every week so dont get used to it- they lied!)
Wedding planning is also ticking along, doing the invites this weekend, and gotta start looking at all the other little details like hair, flowers etc. Fun fun.

Thought you guys might like to see this too- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=6acPX_00M9Q#!
this is from the south island of New Zealand, thankfully I live in the north where it doesnt get this cold! this video is from thursday i think
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #38  

Icon - That video was really cool! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad we don't get that much snow either!

Samma - yay for getting to start your job...finally!! I know you are happy about it since you've waited for so long.

Well, I wrote down things that I ate yesterday and I realized that I snack...A...LOT. So, I'm going to try to keep on recording everything I eat and maybe it will make me more aware of what and how much I am eating.

Anyway, DS is gone to VBS at my friend's church and I am planning on going to a friend's wedding at 4. I'm planning on taking DD with me. Hoping that she will be in a good mood during the ceremony. Today is DH's first day of vacation. He will be off for 10 days! We love vacation days, but the only bad thing is he doesn't get paid for those days. Self-employed barber. So, we'll be counting change this week, but we should be fine.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #39  

Good morning, everyone!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #40  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Ugh....this wagon seriously needs to have some seatbelts on it so I stop falling off! On friday I went out to dinner with my mom and boyfriend to celebrate the first day of my career. It was delicious. I had a filet mignon with spinach and mashed potatoes. We had a teriyaki chicken lettuce wrap appetizer, and I had this oatmeal cake for dessert. I usually don't have dessert at restaurants, but...not that time. haha! Yesterday was a grad party for my boyfriend's cousin. None of the food was healthy, and there was this cake with cheesecake filling in the center. OH MAN. And there were coronas (LOVE) and sangria (LOVE LOVE) so I went a little cray cray yesterday. So I'm back on being good today because after eating good for 2 weeks I realize how much better I feel! I did gain 3 lbs, so I'm sure it's water weight and muscle gain combined from insanity.

First day of work was boring. It was all just orientation. But it needs to be done, so I'll truck along. Definitely need a large coffee next time!

Shauna: that stinks about the not getting paid part, but vacations are necessary once in a while! Enjoy it!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #41  

Height: 5'2"

samma sometimes you gotta just accept when it's a celebration and let go for a bit. just so long as you don't fall into coronas and cheesecake every day. when i'm out like that, i try and stay sensible. but, if everyone is having a slice of cake and they want me to have one too, i'm not gonna be a wet blanket. just get right back to the daily grind, you'll be fine!

ughhhhh as for ME.. i can't seem to break out of 139. i haven't moved my ticker in like a month!! i'm not being "bad" necessarily, but i know i'm not giving 100% either. (i could stand to visit the gym more often) i mean...just click on my july 4th weigh in link! would you not rip your hair out?? i was doing so well and then BAM.

Last edited by valalltogether; 06-10-2012 at 10:57 AM.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #42  

Samma - I agree with Val. Accept it when it's celebration-time and then get back on the wagon when it's over. It's life.

Val - I totally know how you feel. My ticker hasn't moved in a FEW months. I just lack motivation this time, but I'm still coming to the forum and I think that means something. I don't know about you, but I just get fed up on the whole "trying" to lose...it's tiring. But we can do it! Hang in there!

As for me...
ZOO TOMORROW! I'm super excited. DS hasn't been in a few years and he's at a good age to enjoy it (7). DD (13 months), on the other hand, may be a pain, but we'll manage. We are also staying in a hotel nearby for a couple of nights. So, I'm hoping DD will be fine. She usually sleeps pretty good, I'm just worried about nap time. Anyway, I'm not going to be paying too much to my diet while I'm gone. I figure I'll probably do better since we'll be away from the house and I won't be allowed to snack all the time. Well, I hope everyone has a nice couple of days. I'm planning on taking my laptop with me, so I may get to check in!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #43  

So...our zoo plans got canceled for today. DH woke up this morning around 4:30 and was sick to his stomach so I changed the dates of our hotel reservation to Wed. and Thurs. of this week. Hopefully, he can use today and tomorrow to recuperate and then we can be zoo bound by Wednesday morning. Besides, the weather is supposed to be better Wed. It's supposed to be raining on and off today and tomorrow. I was really upset about it this morning since I knew DS was super excited and I hated to crush his little feelings, but he took it well. And now he's happy again because I was able to change the dates. So, now we are praying that no one else gets sick between now and then. The kids and I had some kind of stomach bug a couple of weeks ago, but DH never got it. So, now I'm wondering if he caught it somewhere.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Today was an awesome Monday!
Baby 1's dad took the day off, so I didn't have her at all.
Baby 2's dad also took the day off, but he still wanted me to come to work. I was really, really hopeful that I'd get to leave a little early. I nearly jumped in the air clapping when he told me I could leave when Baby 2 went down for nap! (She goes down for nap between 11.30 and noon)!!!

So I got to jet out of work at noon! Ohmygoodness it was fantastic. I got my oil changed in my car, went to Target to make a surprise care package for my friend's upcoming birthday, mailed it to him. Went to the grocery store for a few things. And I really wanted to get in a workout too, before my night class.

So I started the 100 pushup program AND couch to 5k! I am so proud of myself. They each only require 3 days a week and I am pumped. I guess I never looked, but I wasn't aware there are apps that you can download to tell you when to walk or jog. Fantastic! So I completed those two things and still had time for a shower (and to post on here) before my class started. Man....it would be nice to finish work everyday at noon!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #45  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Default Hiya!

Hi guys!

(I hope you don't mind me jumping in randomly here.)

I'm still pretty new to 3FC (I joined in March but really only started using it about 2 weeks ago), so don't mind my n00bishness. I had a pretty decent Tuesday (It's about 9pm on Tuesday in Japan currently)...I taught a lesson that's proven difficult for other classes to a few very receptive classes of 6th graders, had my favorite school lunch (curry and rice...my scale will hate me for it tomorrow) and finished my 5 km bike ride home before the daily June rain hit. Naturally, that didn't stop me from going for another slightly longer one in a torrential downpour a few hours later, but that speaks more for my level of crazy than my luck. I also got to talk to my boyfriend on Skype twice today, which is pretty rare since he's in the military with a strict schedule and our time zones are 13 hours apart. All in all I'm in a pretty awesome mood right now.

Nice to meet you all!
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote