Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #106  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
Ballerina: HOLY CRAP. I was always afraid of that happening as a kid...I'm so glad that you got out of it safely!

IG: Everyone herps the derp occasionally...At least you spotted a logical answer by yourself instead of needing someone to point out the obvious :P I've never heard of HIIT, but I'm jealous that you can run...I'll ride my bike or swim for hours on end, but running bores me to death.

I abandoned the 2 day thing that I was trying because, while yesterday had super amazing awesome results (2 lbs!), by 11:00 today I was feeling super lethargic and sick. I decided that it was a better idea to eat some veggies and go for my bike ride than be miserable and feel weak.
HIIT is high intensity interval training, so basically you run as fast as you can for a short period of time, like 2 mins, then run normally for a minute, then as hard as you can for 2 mins, etc. I'm the opposite with the biking! I HATE biking. Outdoors, indoors, anywhere. I cant stop thinking about how much I'd rather be running!

What was the two day thing?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

I am Kind of late to the July chat train but I figured I would chime in. I had dropped out of this forum for awhile there because my job became incredibly intense. The good news is that I am back and that my job is no longer in anyway intense. The bad news is it isn't intense because I don't have it any more.

I got laid off at the end of May due to some political antics involving a co-worker who I was friends with. She contacted the ministry of labour and was wrongfully dismissed for it. I was apparently guilty by association so they chose not to renew my contract but I have no proof of wrongful dismissal because it was a contract position. (My former employers don't seem to believe that Canadian labour laws should apply to them)

Long story short I have spent the last 3 weeks without a job and waiting for my Employment Insurance to kick in which I am hoping for any day now. The time off work has allowed me to really focus on weight loss but I am finding being unemployed a very difficult adjustment.

I have never been without a job before, except when I was in university, and most days have very little to occupy my time or my thoughts. The job market for teachers in Ontario and especially Toronto is terrible and it is stressing me out. I am also stressed about finances and have been struggling with bouts of depression as a result.

I have managed to lose 4lbs this month but I have had at least one major binge every week this month and I think this is really impacting my efforts to lose weight (eating an entire box of passion flakies is difficult to bounce back from). I have been working out with a friend and former co-worker (she is in the same situation as me job wise and for the same reason). We meet twice a week and do resistance training and HIIT cardio. I feel I am making progress but I am in a funk with being unemployed and just don't know what to do to fix it.

I really wanted this time while unemployed to be like a vacation where I focus on getting healthy and focus on my well being. Instead I am consumed with a feeling of dread about my future and the feeling that my dreams (like having a baby by the time I am 31, and owning a house) are slowly slipping away from me.

This ended up much longer than I had anticipated I just needed to vent.

Last edited by Veela; 06-24-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: too many typos
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #108  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies!

So yeah, I was hoping to see 151 lbs the other day. COMPLETELY SMASHED THROUGH INTO 150 LBS! I don't know how it happened, but I had a WHOOSH! I felt like shouting the house down in joy. Not only have I broken through my stall, but I'm now HEALTHY! I reached my 4th mini goal of reaching 150 lbs which is the borderline for a Healthy BMI. I'm now on my mini goal 4.5 of reaching 144 lbs - which will make me lighter than my boyfriend!

I had the hen party yesterday. It started out lovely, the meal we had was amazing. I decided to say screw it and just ordered what I wanted - which was BBQ wings, pizza calabrese and a chocolate orange cheese cake. It was delicious! However, long story short, but all the fun stuff we were supposed to do we couldn't because the bride to be decided it would be a smart idea to have a 17 year old with no fake ID come with us -_-. So it ended up being really boring =/. But I did enjoy doing my makeup Katy Perry style! Here are a few pics!

The outfit isn't very exciting...because I tried on the gold corset I had customised and it was too BIG! I then worked out that I've lost 17 lbs since Halloween! MADNESS! So I had to go with a black top!

Here's a close up look of the makeup, it might not look like much but I actually had to glue my eyebrows and cover them with concealer to then draw the eyebrows going up my head.

Hope you like!

I weighed in this morning thinking I was going to be back up to 153 lbs after yesterday but nope! Still 150 lbs. FVCK YEAH!

Now I'm determined to hit the 140s! 1 lb to go!!

Ok...personals time.

sgregg - Getting an interview is definitely a major accomplishment when job searching. It means that you're qualified for the job, you have what they want, they just want to meet you.
As for the Masters degree...if that's what you want then go for it. Personally I think that in this recession it doesn't matter what qualifications you have it's all the same struggle =(. But if that's going to make you happy then do it!
It's not just in marriage...I definitely feed off my boyfriends emotions and I'm half way across the world! But when we were living together if he was stressed I felt on edge.

Hotaruchan - What is your diet? Be careful with fad diets and master cleanse programmes, it doesn't remove the weight in the right way so there is a high chance of regaining quickly. Why not try a new exercise routine?
I'm quite intrigued/terrified at the idea of going to an onsen. It's just not in my culture to just let it all hang out! Well done on over coming your stubborn-ness!

QB - Eep. I hate house mate drama. I was so happy to leave Uni because of it. I live with my parents now, which is fine, but when I go to Japan I'm getting my own place! That dress is absolutely gorgeous. Like...wow. I love it! I would buy it if I could! You're going to look fierce in it!
OMG I can't believe your shoe got caught! I actually have an irrational fear of stairs, and escalators scare me a bit...so I can never daydream on them I'm too panicked! Glad you weren't hurt.

Icon - Haha, that was quite a blonde moment =p. With the right determination and a brand new plan I'm sure you'll achieve results. HIIT training is the shiznits, I've heard it's amazing. Personally I don't do it, but I was going to start incorporating it in my running routine but then the weather got TERRIBLE so I'm doing a Jillian Michaels circuit training programme.

Veela - Oh honey, I'm sorry. Focusing on your health, both physically and mentally, is the most important thing you can do during this time. My Dad was laid off last year after a 25 year career with a company that went under. His retirement package, something that he was working towards, just slipped from his fingers. He spent months feeling inadequate, like he was a failure. It took him a long time to find a job, but now he's got a new job which is better paid than the one he had before and can enjoy life again. So hang in there, try your best - it's all you can do right? Something will turn up, just make sure you do things that you enjoy to pass the time and so you don't have time to stop and dread the future.
Living in the future isn't healthy at all. Try and realise that while you do have goals and dreams for your future, you can't force what's going to happen to you. My friend recently broke up with her boyfriend and it threw her off because now she doesn't think she'll find love and have a family. The same advice can apply to you - you just can't predict what happens. Live in the moment, live for the now, get by one day at a time. Living days, months and years in the future won't help you today.
All the best.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #109  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

IG: I was trying a low calorie protein thingy...it was pretty much eggs and coffee for two meals then steak and lettuce for the third, lots of water, and absolutely no salt, sweeteners, or spices. The first day was awesome, but no matter how much water I drank this morning, I still felt dehydrated and ill, so I had a normal lunch and felt much better within an hour or so. Unfortunately I didn't have the best of dinners (I found a place with super inexpensive unagi-don, which happens to be my favorite donburi even though all it is is rice, eel, and sauce), but I biked and walked a ton today, so luckily my scale gave me the same reading I had this morning when I got back.

Veela: Welcome back, even if it is under stressful circumstances. I know how you feel though...after graduating I applied to about 35 various places, got no responses, and moved back home to work in a liquor shop (TOTALLY using my degree)...then I found a god-awful job at a call center, and ended up working overnights on the flow team at Target (though I DID meet my boyfriend there)...it wasn't until a full 2 years after I graduated that I ended up here, in Japan, finally doing something that requires me to use my brain and doesn't make me want to put a bullet in it, so I know how frustrating it is. My longest period of unemployment was 2 1/2 months, but eventually something came along. I know it's tough now, but keep your chin up and keep putting yourself out there and eventually something will come your way. As for the sense of dread, I think that's something we all have while lying awake at night; try not to let it rule your life. According to your profile you're only 27...you've still got plenty of time to accomplish your dreams, so try your best to focus on the present.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #110  
Stubborn.

Awesome makeup, Rie! I'm glad that you had a good time. I spent the vast majority of my weekend exercising, so I'm hoping that what I managed to drop yesterday sticks. After the rut I was in for most of the week, I decided that I just wanted to try something new to try to get the ball rolling...and it did...then it didn't, so I stopped Congrats again on your whoosh!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Thank you for the compliments on the dress. I like it a lot. When I get to goal I'm going to have to try and find it in a smaller size or alter it--it's a dress I'd like to keep around! (and it shouldn't be too hard to find in smaller sizes because it's actually a bridesmaids dress from David's Bridal)

Ghost I know! The absurdity of it made me laugh to myself. I'm really, really lucky it wasn't during rush hour. There were a lot of people that walked up the escalator (after it had stopped, when I was trying to get the guy's attention) that kept looking down at my shoe. *blush*

Hotaruchan I was a little nervous going on the escalator after that! I'm normally not so clumsy so I don't know how I managed to do something like that.

I'm glad you listened to your body and realized that you needed to stop doing that plan.

Veela That sounds like such a tough situation with the way work played out. No advice. Just hugs.

Rie 150!! Wooo!! Congratulations! And your makeup looked so cool.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #112  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

Rie: Congrats on the 150 mark! The makeup is awesome and you look amazing!!
claristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #113  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

QB - Definitely keep that bad boy in your closet for years to come! It looks so timeless too. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my makeup!

claris - Thank you! =D
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone thanks for the support and words of advice I really appreciate it.

Rie: I think you have a point about not living in the future this is something I have had trouble with all my life I am always looking forward rather than enjoying the now. I mean looking at the positives I have an incredibly supportive boyfriend and family. I also currently have all the free time in the world to really focus on myself which is not an opportunity everyone gets.

Really we can't predict the future so it is silly to focus so much on it. Last year my sister and her husband separated and she thought her life was basically over (she was 28 then). She is now engaged and just bought a house with her fiance. In a little over a year she has gone from the depths of despair to the happiest she has ever been. Anything really is possible and I think I need to try and look more positively at my situation there is a job out there somewhere for me I just need to find it and in meantime I can focus on my well being.

Rie: In that first picture I initially thought the makeup was photoshopped because of how drastically it changes the shape of your face and ice it really is an amazing illusion! It's too bad that the corset doesn't fit is there anyway you can get it re-sized or taken in? Depending on the type it would either be really difficult or quite simple. Also congrats on hitting 150 that is an amazing milestone!

Icon: I am with you on the HIIT I love it. I generally do running but force myself to do the bike a few times a week mainly because I really want to like riding a bike but I find it really really difficult. I also like to incorporate body-weight cardio doing things like mountain climbers mixed with burpees and jumping rope varying the intensity and duration to get intervals in if I don't have access to a gym.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Veela - Welcome back! I am trying to find a teaching job right now too, but I'm fresh out of school, so a little different situation, but we are kinda in the same job-searching boat. So frustrating, I know!

Rie - You got some skills! Good job on the makeup! And yay! for hitting 150!!!!

Today has been a bleh kinda day. I didn't track my food and I can tell. So, I'm hoping for not too much of a gain in the morning since that's my official weigh in day and the day that I record my weight in the challenge thread.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #116  
Stubborn.

I got blind-sided by an inexplicable bout of depression today. Not sure if I'm PMSing or what (I don't generally, but my PCOS kinda makes it so that I can never tell wtf is coming with things concerning my lady parts), but after biking didn't help (and almost got me hit by a few crazies that decided running red lights without checking the crosswalk in front of them was a good idea), I broke down and got some bread at 7-11. Bread may not sound bad, but in Japan bread is generally a dessert thing, so it was probably more calories than I should have had. I tossed the wrapper before I could check and hate myself more then biked the long way home. I was pretty good for the rest of the day, so hopefully my moment of weakness doesn't screw things up too badly.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hotaru - Don't beat yourself up...just brush yourself off and do better tomorrow!

Man, today has been a very long day for me. I left this morning with the plans of stopping at 12 schools. I ended up only getting to stop at about 4. I couldn't find 2 schools, and then the other schools looked deserted, so I decided to just wait until another day when I get to those a little earlier in the day. I drove 121 miles round trip. Then, my son and I went to VBS tonight at our church. It was fun and I got some exercise. We do an adult class and we do recreation and stuff just like the kids. We played a running/tag-like game and man, oh, man, it felt good to out run some people. I think tonight was perfect motivation for me to get back on track with my exercising. It felt so good to get physical and break a sweat.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #118  
Stubborn.

Bleh...something I had today didn't agree with me, so everything I ate decided to rejoin me here in the outside world. NOT COOL, FOOD. NOT COOL. Now the question is whether it's worth trying to find the Japanese equivalent of Pepto Bismol or whether I should just continue stirring bubbles out of Coke zero and hoping the NEXT sip will stay down...

...and of course this would happen at the end of the month when A) TOM is coming and B) I'm painfully close to reaching my monthly goal TT^TT
Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #119  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Shauna: IM SUCH A NERD. I saw VBS, and thought of video barium swallow...the life of a speech pathologist. Yes, I'm hanging my head in shame! Sorry to hear that the job hunt is being a pain in the butt. Just keep looking up!

Rie: CONGRATS on 150!!! And I love the face make up!

Ballerina: That escalator thing is NUTS! I always remember my mom being terrified of getting stuck in one, so I've always seen her literally JUMP over the last step! It's funny, but now I understand how easy it can be!

I literally skimmed through everything and my memory is donzo for the day..so I'm sorry that I haven't reached everyone!

These last two weeks have been the most stressful of my life. I really can't go into any details about it, but I'll just sum up that my anxiety has gone through the roof and I haven't been getting great sleep. So because of that, I haven't had any energy for working out. Eating wise, I think I've been okay...I haven't had much of an appetite anyway. Plus I'm still getting into the grind of work. So today I got back on track and started up insanity today. This should have been my recovery week, but because of everything that happened, I'm re-doing the last two weeks of month 1. I'm already sore from doing today's work out, but it felt so good to be active.

I also gave blood this past weekend. I haven't done it in years, and I was close to a fainting spell when I was done, but I always think that it's a good thing to do because there is such a shortage. Of course that also messed up my performance since my body is still working on building back up that 10% of blood I gave away.
.....Did I also mention that TOM starts tomorrow? I'm in TROUBLE.

I can't believe that this is the last full week of June!!! My 9 year anniversary with my boyfriend is 2 weeks away! He still has no idea what we're doing. (UH AN ENGAGEMENT WOULD BE NICE). So we'll see.

Have a great week everyone!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Hotaruchan How are you feeling today? Hope your stomach is more settled.

Samma Yes! Now I hop a little over the last bit. And I definitely make sure my phone is put away and I have minimal distractions.
Oooo.....If your anniversary present is what you want then I hope we get to see ring pictures! Haha

Yesterday the internet was down ALL DAY at work. Ohmygosh. I was so bored during nap time. Thrilled that it's working today.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote