Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hotaru - Glad that the evil ones weren't too bad for ya. And thanks for crossing those fingers...I need all the positive vibes I can get!

Rie - Woohoo for 152!! Hopefully you will see 151 soon!

Icon - Being repetitive could be the reason we hate it so much. So many applications, so much wanting the same info, so many different places that are pretty much the same when it comes to the hiring process...same interview questions, blah, blah. Yep, still hate it. Haha!!

claristotle - I so know the feeling of annoying pants. Unfortunately for me, I seem to always be in between sizes. The ones that fall down are too lose and then the next size down are just too tight to be comfy. But yay! Glad that you got rid of the muffin top! That's always a good feeling, I'm sure. I'm not sure about the water weight question. I'm going to say at least the first 4 or 5 lbs.

Well, I contacted someone from the Human Resource dept. with the school district that had tons of openings posted online. I applied for over 30 positions and I have only heard from two schools. I had an interview with one and still have not heard anything. Anyway, the lady at HR said that they literally have thousands of applicants every year and that I should consider myself lucky that I got a call. She said it's really up to those principals on who gets called and if I have went by the schools and applied online then I've done all that I can do. That made me feel a ton better because that's what I've been praying about. Just last night (and yes, I'm a bit spiritual...lol) I was praying for God to lead the way and help me have patience, yada, yada, and I said that I just needed to know that I've done everything that I can do...and then, I talk to her and she says that, so yeah, that definitely helped my feelings. Haha! She also said to not give up because there may still be some positions that open before schools start back. But anyway, I'm going to get on the sub list and try to work my foot in the door if I don't find anything else. I'm also thinking of going ahead and working on my Masters degree. There is a university out of TN that does a 19-month online program. You take a different course every 8 weeks. It's pricey, but what university isn't? However, I can get student loans with low interest. I already have about $10,000 in loans right now that I'm going to have to start paying back if I don't get back in school. What's another $15,000, right?? Anyway, so, yeah, I'm still looking and trying to stay patient and just wait for the right moment. I've done what I can do and now I just have to see where I'm put in the next few months.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #92  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

sgregg: 30 applications?! I'm sure something will come your way after putting in that much effort. Keep your chin up!

Going for a master's might not be the best option unless you already have a decent amount of experience...if you have a master's degree and little experience, schools might actually be less likely to hire despite the higher qualifications because they'd then need to pay you more.

Also, I hear you about being between sizes a lot...I'm built like a guy and wear clothes made for a girlier shape, so while I have a fat stomach, I don't really have the hips or butt to fill out girl jeans. If things fit me around the waist, they're probably going to sag on my butt. I'd go for more stretchy materials to try to remedy it, but that brings attention to my monster thighs. There's really no winning at my current weight @_@

I've kinda been stuck on my diet this week, so I'm going to try one of the 2-day thingies to try to kick it in the butt and get me going this weekend. I don't expect the claims of 5+ lbs off to be true, but I'm hoping that changing things up a little will at least give me a boost to get out of my current rut.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-22-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Was going to make two posts, then decided it was easier to condense :p
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #93  

Hotaru - It's not 30 different applications. It's one online application and then you go and apply for different open positions that they have listed on the website. Apparently, the principals get a list of people who have applied to the open positions at their school. Anyway, I'm not stressing about it anymore...whatever happens, happens. And you make a good point about the Masters degree. That's definitely something to think about. I would hate and go spend the money on the degree and then have a hard time finding a good job when the time comes. I'm really hoping to sub a lot in the coming school year (if i don't get offered a job first). Maybe I should just wait until I can get some experience under my belt.
What kind of 2-day thingy are you going to try?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

(siiiiiiiigh. Don't you hate when you write out a big long response and then accidentally click away from the page?)

sgregg & rie Thanks for your thoughts on the roommate situation. I didn't look at it that way. When I think about other things that she does, it probably is her nature. Oh well. We're going our separate ways when this lease is up (which will be a whole 'nother issue...we both want the apt....) so I'm not going to say anything. Just seems dumb to bring it up now, a week later.

Hotaruchan Thank you! I wish I had more friends like you nearby.
When you were talking about the kids bum-rushing you, I had a good giggle. Pictured them running up to you and bumping their butt/hip into your butt/hip. But then I kept reading and understood what you meant.

sgregg At least you can say with absolute certainty that you are putting forth a HUGE effort into finding a job. Something will come your way!

Rie That bikini is Super cute! Love it.

katbot Have you ever been to cirque before? That's so exciting! I've never seen any of their shows.

claristotle Congrats on the saggy pants! *giggle* No really, that's awesome that your pants are loose! Woo hoo!

Uhmm....I think that's all the personals. Sorry if I missed anyone/something. I had a few pages to catch up on.

Now that I'm finally feeling more like myself again (woo!) I need to...shop this weekend. My cousin is getting married (very soon actually) and I have a dress for the bridal luncheon, and I have this dress for the wedding:

but I still need something for the rehearsal dinner. I'm going to stop by TJ Maxx on my way home from work to see if I can find a hidden gem.

Actually pretty pleased with myself. The dress for the wedding? I got it for only $40!

Anyone have fun weekend plans?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #95  

QB - That's a really cute dress! And at a great price too!...makes it look even better! haha! No special plans for this weekend. Just planning to relax with the hubs and kids.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #96  
Stubborn.

Ballerina: THAT IS GORGEOUS. I don't have the boobs to properly hold up a strapless dress, but that one's cute enough for tape.

sgregg: It's a no-preservatives-allowed protein one. Lower calories than I should, but since it's only 2 days I figure it might be enough of a shock to get my numbers moving.

Small victory...I went to an onsen (public bath house) yesterday. Humidity was ridiculous and I was trash-talking myself while on my bike ride, so I got angry and decided to out-stubborn myself. Last time I was here my friends had to physically drag me into one and I spent the whole time trying to cover myself with my mini-towel and water bucket because I didn't want strangers judging me for how fat I was. This time I only had a brief panic attack (there were kids running around and I realized how weird it would be to run into one of my students while completely naked) and in general had a pretty nice time despite being nude in public for about 2 hours.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #97  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
Small victory...I went to an onsen (public bath house) yesterday. Humidity was ridiculous and I was trash-talking myself while on my bike ride, so I got angry and decided to out-stubborn myself. Last time I was here my friends had to physically drag me into one and I spent the whole time trying to cover myself with my mini-towel and water bucket because I didn't want strangers judging me for how fat I was. This time I only had a brief panic attack (there were kids running around and I realized how weird it would be to run into one of my students while completely naked) and in general had a pretty nice time despite being nude in public for about 2 hours.
I applaud you for having the balls to be naked in public! Even if I had the best body in the world, there's no way I could do it. I'm just thinking about how super awkward it would have been to see one of your students there...it's totally making me laugh! Sorry What did you do for 2 hours naked? Just chill? lol

Last edited by claristotle; 06-22-2012 at 07:05 PM.
claristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #98  
Stubborn.

They have all different kinds of baths...they have showers when you first go in (waaaay better water pressure than in my apartment) then they have soaking tubs at different temperatures and with different minerals in the water, high-pressure hot tubs (my back felt SO good last night), a few steam rooms (pretty much dry heat, one with herb-infused steam, and one with special charcoal and a salt scrub), then this one had a few natural hot springs outside...one was kinda cool, they set up a seat under a waterfall so that you could let the water roll down your back.

It's also divided into a women's bath and a men's bath, so most of the people around were old women...slightly less intimidating.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #99  
Stubborn.

More mixed news...I decided that I want to go and try to find a water park today, so I tried on last season's bathing suit...and it's huge. No guarantee that I'll be able to find Japanese bathing suits in my size, but I can't really wear this one out in public or I'll end up flashing someone. Wish me luck, guys...

Edit: Found a suit. Bad news? It's a bikini. Surprisingly enough, I don't look as horrible as I thought I would. I even put a picture on mini goals.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-23-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #100  

Hotaru: I can't believe you sat in the public naked!! Haha!! I definitely could NOT do that. Hahahaha! It does sound like a really relaxing place though. I could use a good soak in a hot tub. Yay for finding a suit!!

It's Saturday and DH only works half a day today. He'll be home around 12:30-1. This week has been really busy for him since it was the week after vacation. Anyway, I've had to deal with his stress for the week too. They don't tell you that when you get married...that when one person is stressed or unhappy, then the other person is too. I feed off of his emotions...it's the weirdest thing. So, I'm glad this week is wrapping up for him. Hopefully, next week won't be so crazy.

No plans for today. Just chilling...and my weigh-in is on Monday, so I have to be good over the weekend.

Last edited by sgregg; 06-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #101  
Stubborn.

Just chilling is always a good thing...I busted my buns yesterday and am a sore little panda today, so I think I'll be doing the same. I hope next week is less stressful for you and your family!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #102  

Hotaruchan naked in public is not a little victory by any stretch of the imagination! I don't think I could do that!!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #103  

I got my shoe stuck in the escalator today.

Yes. You read that correctly. Yes. I was sober.

I was on the escalator, riding up. Sort of daydreaming, but still mostly paying attention. Go to get off, and my shoe (ballet flat crocs like the Olivia) slips off my heel a bit. The heel catches the edge of the escalator where the steps disappear and bam. It gets stuck. The escalator totally stops. I call to the operator for help and he's completely oblivious. So I hobble over in my one shoe and knock on the door calling for him until he FINALLY opens it. He calls over to another guy to yank my shoe free. The shoe looked like it was going to rip in two!

But fortunately I wasn't hurt. And my shoe is a little mangled, but it will survive.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #104  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

OMG ballerina, I am so glad you werent hurt, but that actually sounds hilarious. Were there lots of people around?

I am going to try really hard this week to focus on exercise and eating. Mainly, getting to the gym every weekday, and not eating after dinner. I had a really blonde epiphany the other day (the best kind of epiphanies, right?) where i was thinking about how if we have something with rice, I always go back for extra rice because there is always some left, but we never have that problem with pasta because i only cook as much as I eat...then I thought "OMG WHAT IF WE COOK LESS RICE" Sometimes when I herp, I derp.

I'm also getting back into some HIIT- specifically running, trying to be able to do 5km in 20 minutes (well thats my ultimate goal, at the moment I'm aiming to get it in 30)- does anyone else do HIIT? I would like to do it each time I run, so every second day, but it is so tiring! I wonder if perhaps only every second run, with more relaxed runs in between, would be better.

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 06-23-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #105  
Stubborn.

Ballerina: HOLY CRAP. I was always afraid of that happening as a kid...I'm so glad that you got out of it safely!

IG: Everyone herps the derp occasionally...At least you spotted a logical answer by yourself instead of needing someone to point out the obvious :P I've never heard of HIIT, but I'm jealous that you can run...I'll ride my bike or swim for hours on end, but running bores me to death.

I abandoned the 2 day thing that I was trying because, while yesterday had super amazing awesome results (2 lbs!), by 11:00 today I was feeling super lethargic and sick. I decided that it was a better idea to eat some veggies and go for my bike ride than be miserable and feel weak.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-23-2012 at 11:31 PM.