Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #121  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Just another quick note: thanks for the nice replies. I have been thinking about it. And the way I wrote it down in my other post about being able to live with my current weight forever, does not mean I am happy with it. I just don't feel the urgency I once did. Happy would be about another 9lbs less. And super happy would be another 15lbs less.

I was in the kitchen just now and I realized even though I'd been half thinking about what I wanted to go get there for an hour or so.. that I wasn't hungry. That I didn't need anything. It's super logical. People say it all the time. But I never so clearly realized how silly I was standing there looking for food I did not need. Like it just clicked. So hoping that thought stays with me. Hihi.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Talk about a stressful, busy week >_<

Rie: Congrats on your interview!!! And, congrats on being in the 150's...so fantastic!!

Kawaii: I have always want to live in Tokyo, that is so exciting! If you ever need a sunny, beach vacation, I highly recommend Okinawa

For everyone else, I love being able to get on here and read. It's just nice to not feel quite so alone in all of this! The honesty is just so nice and refreshing.

So much going on here that I'm just trying to stay focused. Starting my masters, planning a trip back to the states for my brother's wedding has turned into a mess. If I'm going to spend the money to fly back and forth from the UK, I try to stay a long time, at least 2 months. But, I'll still be dieting then, which is a pain when you add that to staying with family. Plus, ordering a dress for July when I have no idea what size I'm going to be...nightmare!!

But, good news was that I am 2 ounces away from the 150's, lowest weight in my entire adult life.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day
Old 01-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Hello, everyone! My first day at detox was a success. However, this morning, I woke up to horrible, horrible gas pains...oh my goodness...I thought I was gonna die! They were so bad, I felt nauseous and I was all clammy and couldn't get comfortable. I know it's from all the veggies I ate yesterday. Maybe I should invest in some kind of gas medicine so I don't have an attack like that again at 5am! It sure did make me want to give up and just eat crap. LOL! But I didn't. I let DD stay at the babysitter's and I ended up going back to bed. I am still a bit sore from it all, but it will get better. I ate Eggbeaters egg whites for the first time today. They are ok. Better than what I expected, but they are still gross to me. Ha! I'm getting through it though. 7 more days of detox and then I can add some meats and a whole egg and cheeses! I can even start having certain kinds of cereal. Anyway, I'm excited about Phase II. Okay, rambling...time for personals.

Buutastic - I'm the same way. Sometimes I just get on here and read what's going on. It makes you feel better. Where are you going in the U.S.?

Philana - I do that exact same thing. Rummaging around the kitchen for something even though I'm not hungry at all. It's that point of when I can't find anything I want when I realize that I'm not hungry.

Rie - Oh yeah! I forgot you got a new puppy. How's he working out? And yes, this diet will help me in the long run. The motto actually says "the last diet you'll ever need." haha! There are 4 phases and the last phase, you are basically eating whatever you want, but because you have trained your body through the other phases, you really don't want any junky foods...know what I mean?...but you are allowed them eventually because we all know life happens and there are moments in time where you will just WANT them or can't avoid them.

Rainbow - Welcome back! Hope to see you back around more.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella You have a puppy? Exciting!! And America in 23 days, I wouldn't be able to contain myself!!

Philana I hear you on the whole standing in the kitchen not really being hungry. My boyfriend puts it so succinctly almost every weekend. He'll say "I'm bored, what can I eat?" It's so ridiculous sometimes! It's such an awesome realisation to make though as well!

Buutastic Being 2 ounces away from your lowest adult weight must feel SO awesome, congrats! I hear you on the busyness, I feel like I've got too much going on but you sound busy 10x what I am!

sgregg Thanks for the welcome! The gas/bloating pains do not sound fun at all - it's weird how fibre and stuff can do that to us!

~I'm just killing time before I can eat today. I made the mistake of buying breakfast before work today without knowing the calories first. I got the yoghurt berry crunch from McDonalds - I figured - what's the harm, just some yoghurt and fruit and a bit of granola - well, 220 calories later (and a coffee I didn't need to buy, stupid me) and now after I eat my lunch I'll be sitting at 700 calories. Not ideal, no room for snacks, especially since I'm supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with my sister and brother in law!

Urgh. I have learnt from my mistake though. Just need to buy some better breakfasts, it's always the meal I struggle with because I am hungry but would rather save calories for later in the day!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

rainbow: haha, yeah, I just came back at the beginning of Jan… after basically having gained all back what I’d lost last year… I suck… oh well! let’s do this again together! and you’re right, we DO know what to do…

Rie: I just replied to your mail! and yes, when you come, let’s definitely meet up! I’ll be in Tokyo by then, so I’m sure that even if you get placed far, you will drop down to the capital for a visit

philana: well maybe you’re do for a break. concentrate on maintaining, and then when you do feel the kick of “hey, I wanna do this again!” then you can go for it with more strength and determination! good luck!

Buutastic: oh I know I’ll visit Okinawa one day… it’s on my list! lol. probably not in the summer though!! good luck with everything!! I know it’s hard staying focused on your diet with all the stress around you!

sgregg: lol, I had similar reactions last week from eating a lot of veggies, haha… it gets better though! hang in there!

Hey all! Thursday in here!! I was supposed to have another 5 classes today, but got a surprise this morning when my first period got changed to 6th period! and this means I got a break first thing, and 4 classes instead of 5! yay! I also saw a tiny loss on the scale this morning… less than I wanted, but I’ll take it! now down to 181lbs! not much else to mention at the moment… take care!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #126  
say what?

Buutastic: Oh, that sounds so annoying. Planning a dress for that far away! I won't even buy jeans right now because I don't know if I could be wearing them for the next 2 years or only a month. What masters are you starting? And I HEAR ya on the staying on plan and being with family. I recently moved back home for a while and it's the hardest thing ever. Deciding to totally stick to your own plan and buy your own food would probably be best. Unless you have a lot of self control.

sgregg: That sounds awfully painful. I think some meds won't hurt your plan right? It's just a matter of your body being able to process the gasses properly. Maybe you can play around with what kind of veggies you eat in one day? Some veggies have more of an effect on that than others. Goodluck with your Phase I!

rainbowstripe: haha, I've learnt not to think with anything I don't make myself "what can it hurt?". It is really crazy howmuch sugar and other junk restaurants and such put into simple meals. Junk that it doesn't even need. Why do you have to buy breakfast You'd be at less risk of getting unhealthy stuffs if you just prepare it yourself right?

Kawaii: It's the little things! Hihi. I am happy that work called for an extra shift. I can use the money and I just waste the time when I sit at home anyway. My life has gotten so quiet with me putting everything on hold for studies and then not studying as much as I should.

--
I think I found the right headspace for loosing the weight. I've been struggling since I started back up again about 2 weeks ago. It's hard with living at home. It's hard with a gym I don't like. It's hard with sweets everywhere. Blablablah. But I've been on plan for a few days now. And I saw my first loss on the scale finally. I'd been hovering between 139 and 140 but it's a solid 139 now. So I count that as half a pound loss. Seeing that scale move really motivates me. Also I know I'll feel great when I am totally off the sugar cravings, should be any day now that I am over those.

Other than that it's working and trying to hard to focus on my studies. I am graduating this year and I have no classes, just stuff I need to do. And I am a procrastinator. So it's hard. But I'll make it through.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 251/235/sgw 220/lgw 150

Height: 5'5"

Being mindful about calories aaaand eating is actually paying off. So thanks to those of you doing that. I probably would have continued to get frustrated if I didn't hear about your successes. I'm not counting calories closely just yet, but I am being mindful of how many calories are in what I'm eating and to keep my meals to 300-500 calories. I'm now that now 2.5lbs from the 236.5 I jumped up to just a few days ago.

Buutastic congrats! I'm in the same boat, but a little sooner. My friend's wedding is in March. All of my college friends will be there. Some I haven't seen since I was much smaller in college and others I saw when I was huge last year. I know I won't get back down to my college size, but I'd like to fit into a nice dress. So there's that anxiety. And then not knowing what size I'll be is just icing on the cake.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #128  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

TGIF! with further updates later lol
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #129  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
TGIF! with further updates later lol
Ew. On my side of the world it's Thursday. STOP GLOATING, my ghostie!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #130  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

I've been hovering around the 159.6-.8 mark so I really want to get it solidly in the mid point and then right into 158 hopefully! The last 3 days have been bad for eating/exercising. Monday was my friends birthday so I had cake, yesterday I didn't work out, today I had southern fried chicken in BBQ sauce and chips and as of yet I haven't worked out. I'm hoping that I can work out later in the evening and annoy my parents as I bounce around in my room! Really want to get it in but it's hard when it's the evening and I just want to chill out...

I've been prepping for my JET interview, basically researching the questions and talking out loud like a crazy person! I tend to waffle on sometimes, so I'm trying to practice precise answers. I bought a new headband today since the one I use to keep my hair back like working out got a bit gross, and I saw this necklace and I had to buy it! Click here, it was flash so no image file to copy!

I just loooove owl jewellery and now it's everywhere! Good times.

MUST WORK OUT! MUST DRINK WATER! MUST GET EXTRA FIT FOR BOYFRIEND IN 22 DAYS!!

---

philana - I'm glad you're staring to get in the right mindset, I think once I get into the healthy BMI range I will probably loosen up a bit more. Being overweight is a huge motivator to get into the healthy zone, so I can understand why you felt the lack of spirit towards your weight loss. Living at home is hard to adjust to at first, I remember eating loads of bread because I love it but when I bought it myself I ate it sparingly because it adds up how much one can spend on it!

Buutastic - Thank you! I noticed you lived in Japan before? That's awesome, exactly where I intend to be in in summer! How did you like it? How long were you there for? Also, you're a fellow Brit! Awesome! Where abouts do you live? I know what you mean about travelling to America, I'm going to visit my boyfriend there for 3 weeks, but I would have liked to go for longer but I didn't want to use all my holiday time up in case something else happened and I needed to book time off.
Personally I would wait until you know what size you're going to be, dresses are always going to be available - in shops, online, catalogues etc. I've not been in the 150s since I was a teenager, and I feel like it's the first time in my adult life I've gotten here! Good luck on joining me, I'm sure you'll do it!

sgregg - Wow, that sounds intense. The bf had gas pains once, I wasn't there at the time but I was on the phone to him and he was in agony, I thought maybe he had a hernia but it ended up being gas! I'm not sure how to avoid gas, haha, drink water?! That's my solution to everything! WATER! Is it the south beach diet you're doing by any chance?
Yeah, puppy is a girl and she's doing well! She can be a little terror sometimes and she's in that annoying peeing and pooping all the time stage. Luckily she does it on the kitchen tiles where it's easy to clean and not the carpets, but still it's annoying having to clean it up! But she's adorable, it's hard to stay mad at her when she's so cute!

rainbow - Yeah, she's a little sweety! Her name is Luna and she's a black labrador. McDonald's breakfasts are really bad, because calories might all be in check but don't forget the nutrition - the sugars are usually stupidly high to make them taste good. You're better off having some cereal at home or some whole grain toast or something. Breakfast is something my Mum really made sure I had every day so it's routine now for me to eat something, maybe just start forcing yourself?

Kawaii - Thank you again! You're a star! I will most definitely want to visit you in Tokyo! I'm really going to emphasise in the interview that while I'm flexible living wherever, I really want to live somewhere central to good transportation because I want to travel all of Japan and make a blog to share with the world all the amazing things about Japan. I figured it would show my enthusiasm for the country and also the thought that I'm promoting Japan tourism might get me brownie points ;p. I'm also going to say I would struggle somewhere rural purely because I can't drive - but again, really say "As long as I'm in Japan I don't mind."
Congrats on reaching 181 lbs!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Ew. On my side of the world it's Thursday. STOP GLOATING, my ghostie!!!!!
Agree! No fair gloating.
My roommate almost never works on Fridays. SUCH torture waking up and going to work knowing she gets a 3 day weekend EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK.

Oh well. Maybe one day that'll be me.

Riestrella: I love that necklace!! So cute.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 01-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #132  
say what?

I just have to do a happy dance somewhere, so here goes:

Stayed on plan again! Even a little below my calories. I think I am over the cravings. FINALLY.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Riestrella: I <3 <3 <3 that necklace its beautiful.... it almost reminds me of native american jewelery that mother and I collect from out heritage
Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #134  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hey, but its also monday for me sooner now too :P

I am doing ok. Been MIA for a long time I know, due to very stressful job which is going to be over at the end of february, yay! I've gained back a fair bit of what i lost so im trying to focus on taking care of myself and moving that before the wedding, which is in exactly 1 years time today!!! the time is going to go so fast.

Rie- that owl necklace is so freaking cute!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

philana: good for you! and i'm glad you finally saw a loss too! just do whatever feels right. congrats on finally beating the cravings!

stronger: great job! yeah, the calories add up really quickly when you don't pay attention!!

Rie: i love that we are getting a daily countdown until you get to see your boy. lol. get in line girl! less cake, more moving!! (yeah, i should talk... ) oooh, totally say that you can't live somewhere rural cuz you can't drive! i can't drive and i got a city

Icon! welcome back... hey, you're not the first to fall off the wagon... just try to stay good! haha...

okay so it's friday for me too. friday NIGHT in fact, and i'm probably gonna go to bed at like 8pm. lol. reason number 1 is that i gotta get up ridic early to catch a bus to tokyo tomorrow morning so that i can spend the whole weekend with my boyfriend *happy dance* and reason number 2 is that i am doing a UTI AGAIN! joy!!! i did 2 back-to-back ones in the fall... i suspect it's cuz japanese medicine is CRAP... and i think the last time it didn't cure properly either, but i just wasn't bothered to go back... but now it's back in full swing again. FML. and anyways, i think the meds are making me sleepy...

SO. this morning i weighed in, but i'm so dumb that i don't remember how much. i remember seeing the .4 on the scale and thinking "oh poop... it went up"... but after i thought about i was like, i think it was 81.4... not 82.4... so that would actually be a huge loss! but i had already eaten breakfast at that point so i couldn't go check again. lol. i guess we'll see for sure tomorrow!

i hope everyone has a nice weekend! i'll be looking for apartments and snuggling it up with ma boy! ^_^ toodles!
Closed Thread