Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #136  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

QB - 3 day weekend ;_;. *sigh* that would be lovely. I'm lucky if I get 2 days off in a row from work! I <3 my necklace, I want to wear it all the time!! Glad you think it's cute too =).

philana -

candice - Thank you! Ooh, do you have any pictures of the native American jewellery?

Icon - The important thing is that your back ready to commit again =).

kawaii - Haha, you're right! Less junk more jiggling about! I'm giving everyone I know a countdown, all my friends at work always say "how many days?!" now since they're used to it!
What's UTI? Aww, have fun hanging out with your boyfriend! =)
Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all! I'm enjoying my day away from home today. I had to leave straight from dropping DS off at school to head into town and get new tires for the SUV. Dropped down an easy $500 for that...ugh! Anyway, I needed them. I drive that thing a lot and all my tires were way past due to be changed out. So, now I'm enjoying an iced coffee at Starbucks and thought I'd drop in and see how everyone was doing. I have a meeting at school at 11am, so I'm having to wait around town anyway. What's a better way to pass some time than getting on 3fc!

Rie - I love the necklace too. It's VERY cute. I'm into owls right now too. I want a new bag that I can carry my teacher stuff in and I seen one with a cute little owl on it. Maybe I can find one. My friend was carrying it. I think UTI may be Urinary Tract Infection? Am I right, Kawaii?? Oh, and I "was" doing the Fat Smash Diet. Noticed I said was. Haha!! I'm still following it pretty much, but just adding a couple of things and counting my calories.

Kawaii - Have fun with the bf!! I remember the days of when it was so exciting. And yay for the loss...if it was a loss...hahaha!!

Icon - Good to see you again! You know we all have our months, days, or weeks where we are "off."

Philana
- Yay for staying on plan!! I think you seeing that little bit of loss really helped! You can do it! All our hard work pays off in the end.

Well, I have modified the detox. Ha! I figured I could just count my calories and try to eat as close to it as possible that's manageable for me. I am only drinking one cup of coffee per day (always sweetened with splenda) and I have not had a diet soda in probably 4 or 5 days. I don't even miss them. It's actually working out a lot better because I'm keeping the mindset that I can have whatever I want, but it will be better for me to eat mostly veggies and fruits and stay away from the carbs. I did have a couple slices of bread yesterday when I fixed myself a sandwich, but it's a lot better than having something carby at every meal. I can definitely tell a difference with my cravings. In the detox, you aren't allowed any meat, but I'm allowing myself no more than 4 oz. a day. I'm mostly just filling up on veggies and fruits and then getting my carbs from brown rice or oatmeal. Anyway, it's working! I'm down about 2lbs from Monday. So, yay! And seeing the weight loss really motivates me.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #138  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. I am definitely recommitted but having had a really bad year theres been many a kink that now needs smoothing out. I am even having to go to counselling for the anxiety problems that i have developed this year. But im getting there and I just have to keep my wedding goal in mind and take care of myself and just get through this last few weeks. Today I am going to try and be productive by finally getting rid of my christmas tree, getting the rust on my car sorted out, cleaning the house and doing the food shopping. And if i have time, working on my uni stuff because thats on going and im running out of time arggg. I think its a nice sunny day today too which is a shame to be doing chores but at least i will be out and about driving. We also sent out our save the dates for the wedding this week so checking my email is super exciting, even though we have ended up with about 40 more people that we think will definitely make it lol.

sgregg- your detox sounds like healthy eating with reduced carbs, which sounds nice. I think i would die without carbs! Congrats on seeing the weightloss

kawaii- yay boyfriends, boo UTIs I hope it clears up soon. Maybe ask for a longer course of antibiotics (if thats what they give you)?

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 01-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

It's so funny to post on here, because a lot of people (like myself) are cross-posting between this one and the bikini ready challenge. So apologies if you read about my day/weekend/week twice. hehe

I am so glad it's the weekend! I needed a couple of days to myself where I can just sit quietly. Doesn't mean I get to totally slack off though...my to-do list seems to have a few things popping up on it that I should tackle soon. Will probably divide it up into "Must do this weekend" "ehh....try to do this week" and "well...I guess it isn't THAT important"
Old 01-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #140  
say what?

QB: haha, I am doing the same! And I am also on the feathweight board and sometimes post in the calorie counters. Whoopsie. Sounds like a smart thing by the way, dividing the to do list. Enjoy your weekend!

sgregg: congrats on the nice loss! Sounds like a very healthy diet for sure. How is your appetite? (Read below for why i am asking, hihi)

---
So, for 4 days now I have been completely on plan foodwise. Weirdest thing being that I couldn't even get off plan if I wanted to. I am on 1250 calories a day and try to reduce carbs and eat lots of fiber and protein. And weirdest thing ever is that I have no appetite for extra's or snacks. I used to eat a lot of snacks in my plan budget but now I just have a small breakfast, big lunch, big dinner and a smoothie or something. I am just NOT hungry. For the past 2 days I am forcing myself to eat something after dinner because I am at 1000 calories only.

Maybe I need to add in more excersise. I bought a twist stepper today! I am gonna try it out in a bit, already planning on watching a series while I do that workout. I think I will probably do that daily for about 30 to 45 mins. And then my runs 4 days a week and weights 2 days a week should be enough moving I hope. I just CANT wait for it to be 2 weeks from now. There are gonna be results I just know it. lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #141  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys,

It's been awhile. Mostly because I have been busy with school, I have two classes that are a pretty huge investment time-wise. Also, trying to perk up my grades before I leave community college. I actually decided to move up shop yet again (in the interest of saving time and drama, I'll just say I got way too used to living with my boyfriend and vice-versa, lol) and I will go to college right down the street from my new house and become a vet tech.

It's just got to the point where living with my parents is affecting my emotional and physicial well-being, and enough is enough. I can't fix something that has been broken this many times. So I am picking up shop and I am not looking back, and hopefully it will turn out for the better.

//RANT
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #142  
say what?

Good for you Namaste! Sometimes tough decisions need to be made but in the end it's best for YOU. Goodluck!

--
The only reason I am not going through the yellow pages looking for a looney asylum is because yesterday I did go over my calories some due to an intense chocolate craving. Other than that it's like I don't know myself anymore. I planned on making cupcakes today. Had been looking forward to it for 5 days. Then I was about to make them and they just didn't seem as nice, and the pack I had would mean 300calories a piece. So I just did a cost-benefit analysis and saw no reason to even make the cupcakes anymore. Then I was like "But I saved up so many calories the whole week and today I still have 800 left. Maybe I can treat myself to something else!". So I strolled through the supermarket for 45mins. Reading every label of my favorite foods. And I just could not bring myself to buy them. Because what an unhealthy waste! Then I thought, well maybe I'll just have pizza for dinner instead then. But I still couldn't do it.

So. I just ate my bowl of beans and am drinking my green smoothie completely baffled. I have the calories to spare. I just don't want to. I did buy popcorn just in case I get a craving later on tonight so I have something to enjoy guilt-free. But all my favorite snack things are between 300 and 600 calories and I just... don't want to waste that. Maybe in a few weeks or so. Who knows?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

namaste in the end, you have to do what's best for you. Good luck!

philana that's great though! Your making good choices and not wasting calories on food that isn't good for you. Good job!

cross posting some of this between here & bikini challenge:
my weekend wasn't super productive (although it is only about 3:15pm, there's still time for some things...lol) but it's okay. I really wanted a lazy, lounge around the apt weekend. It was perfect weather for it. Cold and icy.

Blah that I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Has anyone else seen previews for the movie "The Vow"? Ohmygosh. I want to go see that movie so badly. Me, some chocolate, and a lot of tissues. Sounds like a great date to me!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Rie: UTI is short for urinary tract infection… fun times -_- haha, well I understand that you’re excited… I’d be counting down the days too!

sgregg: ouch 500$ that blows… but I guess it was necessary… I’m so thankful I don’t have a car! good job on ditching the soda. sounds really weird that you aren’t allowed meat though… :/ but looks like it’s working well for you! and as for me, it was actually! a loss, I mean! I weighed the next day and it said 81.4 again! lol.

Icon: that’s what I did last time, asked for longer and he gave me 10 days instead of 5 but I’m not sure it worked all that well… this time he gave me a different kind of antibiotics so… we’ll see! hope things work out and get better for you!! and chores suck, but they must be done! hang in there!

Ballerina: sounds like a good weekend to me! sometimes that’s all you need. haven’t heard about that movie… but then again, we get movies soooooo late here in Japan, and that’s when we even get them at all, so…

Philana: great job on staying on plan 4 days! being not hungry is AWESOME! protein does that to me too… I guess we are at the same point because I also should probably start working out, meh… what’s a twist stepper? and lol, your cupcake story made me laugh. you know, it doesn’t matter too much if you fall under your calories once in a while… you don’t HAVE to make yourself hit your mark. lol.

Namaste: hey, that doesn’t sound like a rant! I say good for you!

hey guys! I’m back from Tokyo and it’s already Monday and I don’t wanna work… blergh… but I’m done with all my classes today so anyways, the weekend was fun… well the part of being with my bf was… he is seriously such a cutie… <3 it’s like someone made him perfect just for me. *cue awwwww! backgrounds* but the apartment hunting was kinda meh. I didn’t find anything. The company I’d looked at online was kind of a joke so I decided to drop them. we did find another company (they’re often advertized right off the street in busy areas of Tokyo) that seemed good, and I have to go back next Saturday to visit some apartments with them. it’s a pain to have to go back, but I got a much better vibe off that guy from the last place so I think it’s good. my bf was also super helpful, and even just having him there helped, because the Japanese are incredibly sexist and racist people… many places don’t even want to rent out to foreigners! but I digress…

Now diet-wise, on Saturday morning, my scale did indeed say 81.4kg, which is a huge loss and brought me down to 179.something, but I had my first cheat day on Saturday (you’re supposed to, in the diet I’m doing) and so now I’m 81.9… it’ll go back down though. I think I was pretty good on my cheat day, didn’t go overboard, or binge or anything. and the funniest thing was that, I’d brought all these “omiyage” (little souvenirs that are usually tiny bits of food that coworkers will bring back to you if they go on a trip) that I’d gotten over the last 2 weeks and just stuffed in my desk cuz most of it was chocolate and I couldn’t eat it… well anyways, after like 2-3 bits of chocolate and a couple of nuts, I ended up putting the bag away because I felt stuffed. STUFFED! and then we went to burger king for lunch, and I got a Whopper and I ended up eating only half… this is really weird because I do eat a lot on this diet. so it’s like now I have a super low tolerance to crap food or something. lol. well, it’s awesome anyways. haha.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

So I figured, that obviously since it's Monday night, I'm going to struggle posting on weekends like I used to. I've read through everyone's posts but can't do personals right now because I'm about to watch something with the boyfriend and then bedtime!

I'm struggling getting back on track, especially on weekends. For so long I was good with maintaining just by counting during the week and then letting loose a bit on weekends but over Christmas and New Year, I treated it like one long weekend, which is why I'm up.

I've lost half a kg and gained it back it would seem... but nothing is for certain right now.

I need to sort out breakfasts. I don't have time to eat before I leave for work, and I need something I can eat at my desk. I'm thinking of getting a microwave egg cooker - has anyone used one?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

So i've decided to jump back in and chat again. I lurk regularly to see how everyone is doing.

I am currently in a scale-vacation until May. I get wayyyy too caught up on the numbers.

Hubby and I are currently working out 5-6x's per week. We have started going in the mornings which works out great for us because too many other things tend to get in the way in the evening.

I just ordered New Weight Lifting Rules for Women and am really axious to get started. We are going to Maui in May and I would like to look much more toned than I do today
Old 01-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #147  
say what?

Kawaii! You sound so in love, how cute! Hihi. How long are you and the BF together? Where'd you meet? Is he Japanese or American? Sorry if I am too nosy!

LindsB: Welcome back! Maui? OMG I am jealous! Hihi. Goodluck and great that you can work out with the hubby. That must be so motivational.

---
I am crossposting between here and the Bikini-thread also. Sorry for those of you that are in both! Hihi.

After the doing great I wasted SO MUCH calories last night omg. I did not bake the cupcakes because I did not want to waste calories. I did not buy my favorite snacks even though I had saved up calories because, I did not want to waste them. In the end I wasted them on popcorn that I thought was low-cal ending up being high cal. And then I was so annoyed I just had this old-habit "it's messed up now already" mentality and ate a bag of chips that wasn't even very good. So BLUH for me.

But, I counted it out and I basically ate about a 1000 calories, which means averaged out over the weekend I had two maintenance calorie days this weekend, so I start monday fresh at where I was on friday. No biggie! Went on a run straight away and am gonna end up at 1000 calories today just to be on the safe side. I was hoping to see a loss by today or tomorrow and I can't stand it if it takes another WHOLE WEEK. So a bit more ffort is gonna go into it. Hihi.

Sorry for the ramble. I need to ramble. It's who I am. Nobody around me knows about my attempts. My mom can't be supportive. So it's you guys I ramble to!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
QB - 3 day weekend ;_;. *sigh* that would be lovely. I'm lucky if I get 2 days off in a row from work! I <3 my necklace, I want to wear it all the time!! Glad you think it's cute too =).

philana -

candice - Thank you! Ooh, do you have any pictures of the native American jewellery?

Icon - The important thing is that your back ready to commit again =).

kawaii - Haha, you're right! Less junk more jiggling about! I'm giving everyone I know a countdown, all my friends at work always say "how many days?!" now since they're used to it!
What's UTI? Aww, have fun hanging out with your boyfriend! =)
Unfortunately I dont have any pictures... my mother keeps all the jewelery at her house because she has a giant living room Native American themed and she hangs everything from pictures to jewelery on the walls... if i get any by chance ill post some.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

rainbow: hey girl. maybe you need to start counting on weekends too? it’s really hard to actually lose any weight giving ourselves “free” weekends… good luck!!

Linds: hey! good to hear from you! lol. well, if you are happy in your own skin and being healthy and working out, then who cares about the number, right?

Philana: don’t worry, I LOVE talking about him. we are one of those annoying couples… lol. we’ve only been together 3 months, and yes, he is Japanese. He’s really tall and skinny… dresses all preppy and wears cool-nerd glasses. lol. He speaks English really well though. oh, and I actually met him out CLUBBING, of all things, and he almost never goes clubbing cuz that’s so not his thing… lol. aaaand, the punch line is that he is RIDICULOUSLY younger than me. like, a lot. lol, he’s still in university… but yeah, he is just amazing. Japanese guys have a huge tendency to be jerks, and it’s not in the culture at all to be affectionate or put your gf first or anything, but he is always saying “I love you”, sending me cute mails, or doing cute things to show that he’s thinking about me… and when we are together we hold hands and are constantly sneaking kisses… lol. and I can’t even stress how completely UN-Japanese that is… lol. it’s awesome. but the best thing is that we are both obsessed with the same musician, haha, which is really really random. anyways, back to diet talk… sorry to hear you had a little slip last night! I kinda did too so that makes two of us. just get right back on track!

well hey guys! Tuesday here and I’m not having a really good day! last night I polished off a whole bag of Kasugai peas, and I thought it wouldn’t be that bad, but I guess it counted as carbs and then my weight was up this morning, which sucks cuz it’s technically my weigh-in day. on top of it all, I have a f*cking headache that I’m pretty sure is due to the lapse in my diet and I’m just kinda angry as well as in pain. I just want this day to be over so I can go back to sleep… but two more classes and one meeting to go *sigh* I was so happy I hadn’t had a headache in so long… It just feels so unfair… meh.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #150  
say what?

Kawaii! OMG, you sound so cute. Hahah. I hear you on meeting people in nightclubs. I barely go to those places because I am kind of a nerd myself. My friends aren't though. So once in a while I will tag along. Makes me miserable everytime. Haha. But I always figure the chances of me meeting some one there are slim, because the people there are nightclub-loves and not my type. Guess there could be way more nightclub-haters in nightclubs than I thought. Next time I'll keep that in mind. (Though, me being gay complicates it somewhat still! Definately more straight girls in nightclubs than not). Sorry to hear about your hiccup. Bit we can overcome them!

---
I am SO proud. So, I did mess up over the weekend but yesterday I did so great. I ate only 1050 calories and I went on my c25k run, I was on my mini-twist stepper for 60mins and I did my weight routine. Of course the scale hasn't moved any but there is hope. I really really need to see some movement by the end of thise week though. I've been on plan for a week (and on maintenance in the weekend). And on plan is atleast 500 calories deficit. So there should be a pound gone by now. Oh, I do remember from last time my scale isn't so good at registering pounds. I use the metric system and it jumps from kilo to kilo. So maybe after 2 pounds it moves.

Am in the process of buying a heartrate monitor to figure out how effective the step-twister really is. I am sweating for an hour on it, but I don't get out of breath and it just feels like a medium workout. Also want to figure out my daily calorie usage more correctly.
Closed Thread