Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Remember me?? the crazy one from japan-land? i see a few familiar faces are still around....

well i'm back. again. aaahh. as as you will see from my fresh new ticker, i have gained back ALL the weight i lost last year. all of it. that's quite sad. *sigh*

the reason it's taken me so long to give this losing weight thing one more go is, quite frankly, i really have no desire to do it. i hate it so much. and over the last couple of months, i have been quite happy to eat myself a couple of kilos fatter. eh. the thing though, the reason why i am kicking myself in the butt for one more try, is that over the last month or so, my health has kinda deteriorated and i KNOW it's because of my eating habits... i've been getting really bad sugar headaches, and my skin would break out anytime i ate crappy food. i could feel myself becoming weak, and for the first time ever, the health consequences or being this way really scared me. and yet, i couldn't make myself stop eating anyways. so i decided that with the new year i had no choice...

you guys please give me strenght!!!

i'm also looking forward to catching up with everyone... on my end, things are on the move this year! i've got a new bf (2 months now) that i'm super in love with (finally met one who is not a jerk!!) and i'm moving to Tokyo in only 3 short months! so i'm looking for a new job, new apartment, and all that jazz... it's kinda scary! it'll be my first big move on my own! in a country where i can only understand about 40% of what's going on at any given time! yikes! but anyways... and oh yeah, planning a 2-week trip home to Canada just before my new job starts!! craziness! but i guess life has been pretty good.

minus all my clothes fitting too tight and wrong :/ ... so that's why i'm here!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #32  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

namaste - I suffered a breakdown in Uni in my second year and I saw the counsellor who was there. It helped so much, just talking about my problems to someone helped straight away I found. Sometimes you just need to get out of your own little circle of family and friends to analyse what's going on and what you have to do. Hope you find it useful too.

coco - I'm glad your knee is better! My right knee is giving me trouble, I think it's just hereditary since my Mum had weak knees too.

Kawaii - WELCOME BACK! Great to see you here again! You really do have to have your head in the game when you're trying to lose weight. If you can't find the determination then you're not going to get anywhere! I'm sorry you've been experiencing bad things with your weight, but at the same time I'm not sorry because it means you'll be more driven to do something about it! Being overweight is really bad for your health, I remember how sluggish and weak I used to feel too. I used to nap all the time as well because I just didn't have the energy. But you can do this! And I'm sure your new boyfriend (details plz!) will support you!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #33  

Rie: hey! yeah... i'm really trying to do it for health reasons this time... hopefully it'll work! i haven't had a headache in 3 days though, so i think that's good! as for the boy, well, pm me if you really want details cuz i don't wanna start a novel on here... lol. i'm in the annoying stage where i don't shut up about him to anyone who wants (or doesn't want...) to hear Actually, Japanese guys are usually really annoying about me losing weight, but he doesn't seem to even mind at all. and when i told him i was gonna start dieting, he said "ok, i'll start doing something too to work hard... what should i do? work out? study english more?" lol. how cute is he?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #34  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey there,

Just got done with my workout at the new gym. I totally killed it, though I don't think I'll be able to move my arms tomorrow from all the exercises I did on my arms. I also walked about a mile around the track and hope to add more to the regimen as time goes on. Epic win for me.

I saw a counselor on campus yesterday, and although we got along well I didn't think he was very professional, people kept walking in on our session and he was answering phone calls and such during the session. Not to mention the door was wide open and not equipped with a white noise machine. Needless to say, I was not impressed and will be doing some shopping around.

Things are better in my neck of the woods, I am finally starting to get back to my normal self. I have also been soda-free for four days now, I am drinking mostly water and tea and I have lots of energy to spare. I even lost a pound this week and have been eating mostly sensibly. So mostly a good week for me. How about you guys?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #35  

namaste: great job on the pound and the workout! I'm not quite ready to start working out again myself (f-ing hate it!!) so i'm just focusing on food right now. slowly but surely! sucks about the counselor guy, what did you go see him for??
Old 01-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Slightly indulged today which meaaaaans.. tommorow is a lower calorie day. Mmm coconut water.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies!

Kawaii - Welcome back!!! I've thought about you and wondered how you were doing. Glad to see you back around!

Namaste - Yeah, that counselor did seem pretty unprofessional. I would be shopping around too if I really needed to talk to someone. Congrats on your lb lost!

Coco - How's your knee today? I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it might end up being.

I've had a couple of off days because I had some unplanned lunches with friends and they wanted to eat out. It was places I've never been before. Anyway, I've been keeping up with my water. My eating will be better today. I'm not going anywhere except to the bank later and maybe the grocery store to pick up a few things.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #38  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies!

In terms of weight loss I'm still maintaining 162 lbs (although it's heading closer to 161 lbs again as my period is over in 2 days) and I've been consistent with Insanity this week - woohoo! My back and knees are a bit sore, but not enough to stop me, just need to be careful when I'm doing all the bending.

My personal life is good too, the boyfriend and I have been having some serious talks recently, I think we're both fed up with the distance and just want to see each other already - it causes a lot of unusual tension. We still love each other, probably more than ever now, but there's a point where it's hard to feel like things are real when you only seem to email. We email every day but I'm going to stop doing that because I'm getting a bit tired of what feels like writing a diary. I want to talk to HIM and have a conversation or tell him the important things - it started to feel like I was just telling him things about my day just because I had to say something.

I feel better about the decision, and I don't have too much longer to wait to see him. 35 days to go to be precise! This time next month it'll be TOMORROW that I'm leaving - crazy! I'll be stupidly excited I probably won't be able to sleep.
I started drawing again for the first time in years. I used to draw portraits of people or celebrities until I was about 16 and then I stopped. I finally picked up the pencil today and drew a portrait of Lana Del Rey, it's not quite finished yet but I'm really proud of it. It might not be perfect, but it was really nice to do it and listen to music. It made me feel like I was a teenager again just chilling out! I didn't feel impatient like I did when I tried to draw again a while ago.

Tonight I'm meeting my best friend, I haven't met with her one on one for a while (we're apart of a group you see) so I'm really excited to see her.

Hope you're all well!

Kawaii - I'm glad you're happy with him! Do you speak fluent Japanese or does he speak fluent English?

namaste - Sounds like things are really looking up for you! Well done on all your efforts, they're paying off! Sorry that the counsellor was unprofessional, hope you find a better one!

ilovemo - It's a bad idea to punish yourself like that if you over indulged. Just go back on plan tomorrow and keep it healthy food. Cutting back is not going to help you lose weight!

sgregg - It's good to live a little sometimes, losing weight can be so monotonous it can be nice to go out and eat something different! As long as exercise is still in check then I wonder worry too much.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Hi! Saw the chat so I thought I'd pop in. I used to lurk on the boards a couple of years ago (and post sometimes) and have recently come back. I do so much better with my eating and exercise when I have such an awesome support system as 3FC!

My NYE was very.very.very tame. I went to visit some friends, but I was home by 9pm and in bed by 10pm. Only because I had to wake up at 4am on the first so I could get to the airport in time for a disgustingly early flight. Add onto that the cold I was fighting...it was not a fun time. I did go out on the 30th though....just had a couple of beers at my favorite bar with a friend.

Now it's mostly just back to work, back to school in the evenings (only 3 days a week thankfully) and trying to figure out the best schedule for me and my workouts. It looks like if I want to work out every day that I need to wake up at 5am so I can get it in before work. Ew. The other option would be after work (and some days even later because of class)....which would mean working out around 9pm. And I definitely don't want to do that!

When do y'all fit in your workouts?

Riestrella That must be so hard to do long distance. I like a guy (going to see him next week!) that's only a 2 hour plane ride away and I'm not sure I could even do that as a long distance relationship. Do you ever skype with your boyfriend? Or does the time difference make it too hard?

Namaste Good for you for giving up soda! Not sure I could do the same. Mom-Fri I at least need a cup of coffee before work.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #40  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys,

Just returned from a pretty intense workout at my old gym. I decided to go there until the membership is finalized on the new gym so I don't have to pay $13 each time I go to visit. A free Zumba class is always nice, even if it is far away.

I lost another 0.7 lbs today, bringing me down even further and making me even more excited. And today is looking good too, Dad took me out to lunch and I had a grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad, and a glass of water. It was pretty amazing, and not a complete damper on the diet.

Quiet- Welcome back! Yeah, cutting out soda was pretty difficult, especially since in the past I was drinking a lot of it. I tried cold turkey but I was getting horrible migraine headaches and so I decided to replace the soda I was drinking to rid myself of migraines with a glass of iced tea. Only one, so as not to feel worse. The rest of the time I drink water. And that is good for me, 5 days soda free and no migraines. *knock on wood*

Rie- I understand that, I had a very long distance relationship where I was in America and he was in Hungary, and we didn't get to see each other often at all. I'm glad you guys are doing better.

Kawaii- Welcome! Its a good start to work on the food first and then the workout, cause then you can ease into it gradually and make sure it sticks. It was the opposite problem for me, I am active and always moving (check out my byline under my name. It's pretty accurate) but I was eating a lot of unhealthy stuff that tended to negate the workout. Luckily, now I have been able to do a little of both and it helps! Oh, from your previous post, I'm seeing a therapist because of family issues, from my parents and sister. I have moved out of that environment and now I think I can finally process it without the negative feedback all the time.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #41  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Sounds like everyone is having a great week! I'm just glad its Friday. Hoping when AF leaves so does some lbs!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Happy New Year!!!
Well me and my son went to a friend from high schools house and we watched tv and played games had dinner and watched the ball drop on the dick clarks special... Aiden took a nap but woke up at exactely 11:58 to watch the ball drop with us then we were up till like 3am.. We bought my son some glow sticks to join in the fun since hes so young and doesnt even know whats going on lol Ill post a pic and hope it works cause i have no idea what im doing

Last edited by candice1022; 01-07-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying a great start to the new year!

I kinda lost my momentum in December, the scale slid back up almost 5 pounds. So now it's time to get my butt in gear! Also experiencing my first TOM since giving birth to my son last summer, so I am hoping that in a few days I'll see a bit of a decrease. I start a Biggest Loser exercise program on Monday evening at the fitness centre in my town. It's the first time I've done anything like this, I usually just spend time on my elliptical at home, so I am feeling a bit intimidated and unsure of myself right now. However, I'd really like to be under 200 pounds by this time next year and I hope that this program is a good way to start the year! Time to get over my fears.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

It's good to see some new faces around here. Welcome!!

Astrix - I participated in a biggest loser type thing at the YMCA when I worked there several years ago and it was a lot of fun. You really get motivated to stick with it because you know you have a weigh-in and other people to compete with. Each team also had a day with their personal trainer. Our's would kick our butts but it was good. They also had an awesome first place prize. What are they offering at your gym?

Candice - the link isn't working from my computer. You could upload it to photobucket and then use the forum link underneath the pic (after it uploads) to post it on this forum.

Namaste
- Yay for some more weight gone!!

QB - What are you going to school for?

Rie - Where does your BF live in the USA? Maybe you have said before, but I can't remember.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
It's good to see some new faces around here. Welcome!!

Astrix - I participated in a biggest loser type thing at the YMCA when I worked there several years ago and it was a lot of fun. You really get motivated to stick with it because you know you have a weigh-in and other people to compete with. Each team also had a day with their personal trainer. Our's would kick our butts but it was good. They also had an awesome first place prize. What are they offering at your gym?

Candice - the link isn't working from my computer. You could upload it to photobucket and then use the forum link underneath the pic (after it uploads) to post it on this forum.

Namaste
- Yay for some more weight gone!!

QB - What are you going to school for?

Rie - Where does your BF live in the USA? Maybe you have said before, but I can't remember.
I fixed it but sorry for the size dont know how to make it smaller
Closed Thread