Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey guys! tuesday morning here and scale is back to normal. quite happy.

i am extremely sleepy and dead at the moment cuz i just had classes back to back all morning. i bet whoever concocted my schedule last year was just laughing maniacally to themselves... it's really evil. none of the other teachers ever have 5 classes a day! gah! but anyways... one more to go this afternoon, and i intend to spend my one short break sitting on my *** and guzzling coffee.

i also think that part of my sleepiness is that i keep going to bed way later than normal, cuz i wait for the bf to come home from his part-time job (round 11-ish) and then we either talk on the phone or skype. i mean, being so stupidly in love is good fun... but this poor body of mine is too old to handle it! lol.

philana: lol. i love oatmeal! but it's so fatty... eheh... haven't eaten it in ages. also kinda expensive in japan cuz you gotta get it at the import store...

sgregg: thanks! going to tokyo on saturday to check it out! good luck with that new diet! let us know how it goes!

teamcoco: glad you're better! welcome back!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Y'all talking about that oatmeal makes me laugh. That's one of the things I'll be eating every day for the next 9 days!! And I can't add sugar or butter, so it's going to look just like what you are talking about! LOL!!! I'll be okay, but just thought it was funny.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Oh I love oatmeal now! Especially the irish oatmeal, you could totally have it plain. I add raisins to mine, and a bit of cinnamon.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #109  
say what?

Kawaii: Here it's one of the cheapest breakfast foods ever. How is it fatty? So, how is dieting in Japan? Are people there as slim as most of the japanese I encounter here?

--
I feel like I need a new plan or a bit more discipline. I just can't get motivated to stick to it. Haven't done my excersise and I go over my calories everyday. Not by much. So it's not like I am messing it up completely. But at this rate I won't lose any weight, or so slowly it's christmas before the first pound is gone. It's hard to motivate myself because I am in a range where I can live with this weight the rest of my life and not be worried. I also know I am not so happy with the flab and the jeanssize. But it's more vanity than anything else. And I am not really a vain person. So no REAL motivation there either.

Health. I guess I have to focus on the health part. But you can be healthy and not lose weight.

Sooo. Lot's of soulsearching to do. I am considering IF, just because -not- eating for a whole day seams easier than allowing myself the small bites of this and that and constantly being pre-occupied with food. Any of you have any experience with IF?

(This all sounds worse than it is, I eat maybe 1500 calories a day. But that's not gonna get me anywhere unfortunately.)
Old 01-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #110  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posting recently! But I'm back with more good news! I reached 159 lbs! And if you look below in my signature you will notice a nice new ticker since I finally reached my last mini goal of reaching the weight I was when I was 17! This is now the lightest I've been in 6 years!! I can't believe it! And to think when I was 17 I thought I was a hippo, now I feel sexy!

I also have some great personal news - I got a JET interview! I am now so incredibly nervous, but as they say getting the interview means they liked my application and want to meet me. I've been researching all the questions people have been asked and I've been practising some answers while I'm alone in the house! It's 2 weeks away, on the 31st, so I've got lots of time to brush up on what's happening in Japan and fingers crossed my interview goes well. Once that's out of the way I can get super excited for my America trip since on the 31st it will be 9 days to go! I'm sure the time is going to fly by now that an interview is coming up.

I went out last night for my friends birthday, ended up over indulging for lunch - had a baguette with cajun chicken and salsa tomato sauce with fries and a giant slice of a swiss roll cake that I shared with her. It was DELICIOUS, so for dinner I had 2 pieces of toast and hey, it seemed to be ok since I hit 159 lbs this morning! I also went out that evening and danced a lot, I'm sure that helped!

So life is pretty dandy right now, 9 lbs away from being healthy, I can't believe it! It seriously feels like yesterday I worked out my BMI and saw I was obese!

---

philana - If you don't truly want this, in all honesty, you won't get anywhere. It does seem like you have to ask yourself some serious questions that you appear to be answering already, like the fact you could live at your weight for the rest of your life. Either way you need to learn to be HAPPY with who you are. I was terribly unhappy with being 200 lbs, and right now I want to get to a weight where I have a flat stomach. But that means exercising a lot and eating well, and having been doing this for almost a year now I can honestly say it's changed my life. I know for the rest of my life I will be exercising and watching what I eat. But make sure at the end of it all that you are happy, that should be your biggest motivator.

Kawaii - I'm so sorry hun, but I might be bombarding you with panicked questions now I've got this interview! I think the biggest problem I'll face is dealing with the "what would you do if a student was misbehaving" because I don't have any formal teaching experience. If you don't have the time I completely understand though!
Glad to hear your weight is back to normal! You could be getting tired from the coffee you drink? Caffeine has that crash and burn effect, especially sugary drinks too. When I was hooked on energy drinks in my final year at Uni I would be sleepy all the time, I would actually nap every day. Something to think about. Cutting out caffeine is HARD but it can be done and now I rarely nap and I get up fine in the mornings and tend to sleep later in the evening.

coco - Glad you feel better! If you were sick then I totally wouldn't worry about over eating!

sgregg - Thank you, I'm now in the 150s!! How did it happen?! Haha. Your diet plan sounds good, personally I would go insane with something like that! But I have cut out sugars and caffeine before...from my experience I felt good to begin with then turned into a devil! So expect an angry phase!! But I definitely know what you mean when food tastes better without the cr@p in your diet.

stronger - Well done on all that exercise! I went to a few thai boxing lessons, they were intense! At the time I was obese so I was paranoid and stopped going, but my boyfriend carried on a loved it.

namaste - That's great that your boyfriend was so understanding, it must be difficult but you made the right decision. There's simply no point in living in a situation where you feel unhappy or uneasy. Just work things out one step at a time and move forward when you feel ready to take the risk. Because change in life always comes with uncertainties but you need to feel ready for it.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 251/235/sgw 220/lgw 150

Rie congrats!

Kawaii your schedule sounds brutal. How long are those classes?

I've realized I need to start counting calories too. I weighed myself early this week (Weigh in is normally Thursdays), but I had a feeling I was gaining weight and didn't want to get to weigh-in and realize I've been going full force in the wrong direction. Which I was. I gained 1.5lbs. So I'm going to try calorie counting for the next week and see where that gets me. I'm also going to make an appointment with a nutritionist and see if I can get some insight on my diet and why I tend to gain muscle rather than lose fat.

Hope everyone else's week is going well!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #112  

Stronger - I think seeing a nutritionist is a great idea! Let us know if you get any good tips/ideas!

Rie
- The detox is very tough, but it's ONLY 9 days...that's what I have to keep telling myself. Ha! I think I can actually have a 10oz. cup of coffee in the next phase, so it isn't like I can't have caffeine OR sugar forever, but I'll appreciate it more after this phase. And yay for hitting the 150s!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Keep us update about your JET interview.

Philana
- I'm with Riestrella. If you are comfortable where you are, then you won't find that motivation. (((hugs))) I hope you figure something out soon!

Coco - I've never heard of Irish Oatmeal. Sounds interesting.

Well, today is Day 1 of Phase I (detox). I've only had breakfast so far, but I had a bowl of oatmeal (made with skim milk) with strawberries, blueberries, and sliced banana. It was tasty. I'm definitely missing the butter and sugar, but I'll get over it. I already feel good because I know I ate a good healthy breakfast. Now, I just have to plan something for lunch! I'm really excited about doing this. I know it's going to work and make me feel great. I just have to stick through it and get past the caffeine and sugar cravings that will come later. Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be checking in later.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

stronger4me Ohmygosh what a great app! Thanks for sharing!! I just downloaded it.

sgregg putting salsa on egg whites is pretty yummy. And if you make your own salsa from veggies, you can watch what you put in it to make it healthy. Is that allowed on your plan?

So last week I really tried to watch what I ate. Limited my carbs, ate tons of veggies...I was so excited about the weekend that the week was kind of a blur. But I was also trying to drink close to 70oz of water a day.
Over the weekend, I really just ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was satisfied. Guess I was having so much fun that I wasn't bored, and didn't feel like munching.
Anyway...huge weight loss for me since the 9th. 6 pounds!
I weighed myself 3 times because I didn't believe the scale. And I weighed myself at work too. I thought for sure my scale's batteries were dying and it was lying to me. Nope. I'm 148.

Oooo! That means I get to pick something from my list of rewards! I'm either getting a new laptop bag or a pedicure. I just got a pedicure last week though before my trip...so maybe I'll start checking out laptop bags! manicures are no good for me. I got a manicure when I got my pedicure (on Sunday) and by Tuesday the manicure was already chipping. Boo.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 01-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #114  

QB - Thanks for the salsa and egg whites idea!! I bought veggies to make salsa and didn't even think about that. Congrats on your big loss!! That's great!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #115  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys!

It's my first day of school, and I'm just sitting around my parents' house patiently waiting for class to start. It'll be some time now, as my classes are in the evening. I have done that for awhile since I'm kind of a late afternoon-early evening type of person and the parking is better in the evening anyhoo.

I've been kind of slacking off, I think as my residual depression from leaving my boyfriend's house subsides. I did go to exercise yesterday, just for a little walk and a ride on the stationary bike. I was shocked to discover though that I had a huge jump down on the scale, possibly as much as 3 lbs. After breakfast and lunch, I weighed just for the heck of it and found out that I was at 210.8! Normally by the time I've eaten breakfast and lunch it ends up being a water gain of 2-3 lbs, so possibly I'm somewhere around 208. We will see tomorrow.

Rie- Yaaaaaayyy! I know how hard you've been working on those last 4 lbs and I'm glad it finally paid off for you. You're getting closer and closer to your goal and that's great. As for leaving my boyfriend's house, yeah it was a very difficult decision and we miss each other like crazy, but we decided that this was the best thing for us right now.

Coco- Glad you're feeling better. I am still going to the gym and working out. I decided to stick with the one on my mom's end of town cause I moved back there, and I go with her two days a week and whenever I feel like going.

sgregg- ((hugs)) Thanks for the encouragement. I am still a little sad from the move back but I am picking myself up and dusting myself off, as usual. My boyfriend is still a major part of my life and we spend whatever time we can together. My mom is doing marginally better and I think that's all I can really hope for at this point. It's kind of something that goes deeper than one incident and will take time to figure out.

Last edited by namaste984; 01-17-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 251/235/sgw 220/lgw 150

Quiet Ballerina glad you liked it! I'm realizing that water intake will be a huge challenge now that classes have started up again.

But I'm also excited because today was my first day counting/really cutting calories (down to 1,300) and I feel good. I was really worried about headaches and brain fog and not getting through classes, but overall I feel great. I'll have to up my calories when I go to boxing tomorrow but I think I'll be able to maintain 1,300-1,500 for a little while.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Well hi, some might remember me, some might not... I'm not going to make any promises about posting regularly because I always seem to fail those - I used to be super regular and then life got in the way as it does!

I've been maintaining now for too long, and while I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, now seemed like a good time to sort myself out and get back on the track I was doing so well on.

Food is becoming my main difficulty at the moment, and it's mainly giving into cravings. Today I had this guy at work installing and teaching me new software, but I was basically teaching him because he seemed so incompetent. It stressed me out and afterward I just wanted sugary, carby cake. So I got a piece of cake. It wasn't even that good and I regretted those hugely unneeded calories!

I've just been for a jog/walk - I do it in intervals of walking and jogging because my breathing sucks and I always get stupid stitch/cramps/whatever, but I forgot just how good it makes me feel.

So right now I'm going to update my ticker and info and stuff and hopefully I can post a little more regularly again.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Philana: dieting in Japan is SO frustrating! people are naturally slim here cuz they have really fast metabolism… but you should see the crap they eat! they even have this completely warped food pyramid (I swear to God, a doctor gave me this little pamphlet once) with carbs as the biggest/most important food group, and you should eat 7 portions of carbs a day!!!!!! also Japanese girls are built on a much tinier frame, so it’s not uncommon for them to weigh around 40g, which is like 90lbs… there’s ads at the back of magazines for dieting pills that are like “look at me! I went from weighing 55kg to 43!!” and I’m just thinking that I WISH I could weigh 55kg… lol. and there’s like no diet-worthy food here. plenty of diet gimmicks, but nothing like whole wheat bread or diet ice cream… and there’s rice/carbs in everything… it’s really hard to diet :/
Man, I need discipline too! I’m just using my moving as an excuse to not work out, when honestly, last night, all I did was watch tv and read my book… I could’ve totally worked out but I just hate it so much. let’s try to motivate each other!! as for the rest, you know, sometimes it’s better to just do really radical changes, instead of baby steps… it depends on each individual. anyways. good luck!

Rie: congrats!! that is SO awesome! I’m doing a little dance right there with you! (both for the weight and the JET interview!) oh and I’m glad to help! pummel away! though you should probably do it in a pm, or by mail, or facebook so we don’t annoy everyone else in here oh no, I’m pretty sure my being tired has to do with my going to bed late. and I don’t drink sugar drinks either, since sugar is the evil bane of my current diet! I just don’t sleep well/enough. story of my life!

stronger: one class is 50 minutes. there’s 10 minutes between each but I don’t really have time to do anything other than run from class to class or go to the toilet in those breaks, so it’s pretty much teaching back to back. meh. thank god it’s not every day! going to the nutritionist sounds like a good plan! I’m sure she can help you out!

sgregg: good luck on starting this new thing! I’m sure you’ll make it through day 1 with flying colors!

ballerina: that’s awesome!! I’m so happy for you!

Namaste: aww… feel better hun! how was class? and look at you! 3lbs down! (and maybe more!) go you!

rainbow: rainbow!!!!!! how are you? welcome back! sorry about the cake… but forget about it, and move on!

well hello all! that was a lot of personals…

I’m at the end of my work day now, and today has been a good day! I’m also hyper on coffee! lol. but all is well… meeting a friend for dinner tonight, and am a bit worried since my diet is not that forgiving, but I’ll do my best! hope y’all have a good hump day!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

kawaii:Hey!! Glad to see a familiar face, and glad you're still going! Cake is totally forgotten because I'm sure I worked it off with my exercise - it was freaking hot when I went out, the sun was shining so brightly for 6pm! We've had a crap summer so far...
Hope that you dinner goes ok, I'm sure you'll be fine - you know the good choices ^_^
Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #120  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey everyone!

Not much else is new with me, just starting my interview prep and working. I've got 2 days off which will be nice, I have a friend coming over today to meet the new puppy and then tomorrow I should be doing something with an old high school friend who I meet up with from time to time.

23 days to go until I see the boyfriend in America! I can't wait! Gotta keep attacking my body to lose as much weight as possible!

stronger - I found that once I was exercising more (6 times a week) I had to bump up my calories to fuel my body so I could lose weight. It sounds crazy, eating more to lose weight, but as long as it's all healthy food then it does wonders for weight loss.

sgregg - Thank you! I hope you find some success in this new diet, but be sure to think that weight loss has to be a complete 180 lifestyle change that you have to maintain for the rest of your life. If this can teach you how to eat healthy so you can carry on afterwards then it'll be great =).

QB - Woohoo, congrats on the loss! Just goes to show what healthy eating can do! Have fun shopping for that laptop bag, you've earned it!

namaste - Thank you, and congrats on the loss! I love it when you lose weight but you don't quite believe it yourself! Hope you enjoy your first day back at school! As for your boyfriend, I know it might be hard and you miss each other but you still love each other very much and that's the most important part of your relationship.

rainbowstripe - Welcome back! Hope to see you posting more again =)

Kawaii - Thank you!! Yesterday I was doing the happy dance too, weight loss and an interview! Then the nerves set in and I went into quiet contemplation mode of what would happen if I balls up the interview, haha. Thank you so much for helping me, I really appreciate any help. Maybe when I get to Japan we can have a meet up! And eat lots of cr@p haha.
Closed Thread