Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I forgot to add that I weighed in today at 190.3. For some reason I usually have a big drop the day after a weigh in. Hopefully I'll see the 180s soon so I can stop weighing myself every morning looking for an 8. It's all good though.

I'm really getting back into running. I'm doing a 10k that I am nowhere near ready for this weekend. I'm going to go out today and try and get some distance in (rain rain go away…). I think I'm going to start off slow and jog 2 songs then walk 1 for the first 3-4 miles. Then give the last 2 miles everything I've got left. I'm still sore from the distance run I put in on Sunday. I have 3 more runs before the race to work this out. I just REALLY don't want to be gassed by mile 4. At the very least this is pushing me to get my runs in.

I just signed up for my next round of races. For me running is the main thing that is making me feel the lifestyle change. Now I'm looking for a Halloween costume I can run a 5k in instead of thinking about Halloween candy. I'm getting text messages from running friends asking me to do different races. I have people pushing me to sign up for a 10k before I'm ready. It makes me feel like a fit active person and I love it.

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-06-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #317  

Hello ladies. I took of my cast and I now have a splint. It comes of so I can shower and stuff like that. I just did 30min of very slow cardio on my stairmaster. I felt it didn't put pressure on that part of my foot and I supported my right side of body by holding myself up on a chair to have more control on the pressure. It was ok and I feel a bit better. Didn't sweat or anything but it felt nice to feel my muscles work and stretch them after two weeks..
I hope I can get down to 140lbs before 10/1/2011 when I'm moving to Germany. Fingers crossed
And thanks everyone for your kind words
Hugs!

Last edited by khat; 09-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

@Scarlett, that is awesome! what kind of costume are you thinking about getting?

@Khat, every little bit counts! I admire your dedication. You are on it!

Weekend update: over the labor day holiday weekend, I didn't eat as well as I should have and I gained a 1.5 lbs. I'm going to own it and work much harder this week!

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #319  

I'm sure you'll be fine. As long as your right back on track after a few bad days it's all good.

I have no idea what costume I'm going to wear. This race is sort of a local big deal. Last year it sold out and they ran out of T-shirts. Plus my brother voluneteers for the organization this 5k supports. It's a big event and they give out awards for best costume and stuff like that. I'm really just going for something fun to get into the spirit. I'm not trying to win an award or be too out there. I'll probably buy a cheap outfit at Walmart or something that I don't care about getting sweaty. We'll see. I'm really looking foward to it.

I'm open for costume ideas if anyone has any... I need to be able to run in it and cheap and easy is a plus.

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-06-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I weighed in this morning at 155.5...it was 155 every morning all weekend, but I ate some high-sodium foods yesterday so I'm not surprised it's up a little! Resisting the temptation to move my official weigh-in day to get a lower number... :P I'll just hope for a really great number next week!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #321  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronte155 View Post
I weighed in this morning at 155.5...it was 155 every morning all weekend, but I ate some high-sodium foods yesterday so I'm not surprised it's up a little! Resisting the temptation to move my official weigh-in day to get a lower number... :P I'll just hope for a really great number next week!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
Sometimes, if you drink a lot of water within a few days, you'll see a big jump. It will more than likely happen, especially if you're sticking to your plan.

@Scarlett, I totally forgot about the costume needing to be functional, that reall narrows it down a bit lol. The thing about getting a cheap costume is that it might not last the race, heaven forbid there be a wardrobe malfunction!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #322  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

50something checking in -

Hoping everyone is doing something good for themselves. I stayed on program today, but did dip into my Weekly Points. That is what they are there for. Continued success to all. Donna
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #323  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

SCARLETT - Wow, congratulations on the weight lost! You're doing really well. The halloween run is such a cute idea. If you were racing with a partner I would suggest tortoise and hare costumes, haha.

KHAT - Glad to hear things are looking up for you. I'm sure your determination will pay off. Are you moving to Germany permanently?

BRONTE155 - I'm worried that I've eaten too much salt this week myself. If you did, it's just water weight, so don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you'll have a big loss next week.

DONNA - It's awesome that weight watchers has a weekly points system. I do something similar with my calorie counting. I work for an average number of calories per day, over the week. That way if I do use a little bit more I'm not necessarily going "off plan." Sounds like you're doing great!

Everythings still going well for me in the eating department, but I can't seem to get my butt in gear on the exercise portion. It's just walking so I don't know what my issue is. Once I get home from work, make dinner, eat dinner and clean up I just want to veg with a book or watch some t.v. I don't even have kids or anything to take care of, but I just feel like I'm done for the day, if you know what I mean? I really have to work on this because I know it's probably a big reason why my past attempts to lose weight have always failed. I just have to get out there and DO SOMETHING ACTIVE, whether I want to or not. Blah.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 AM   #324  

Everythings still going well for me in the eating department, but I can't seem to get my butt in gear on the exercise portion. It's just walking so I don't know what my issue is. Once I get home from work, make dinner, eat dinner and clean up I just want to veg with a book or watch some t.v. I don't even have kids or anything to take care of, but I just feel like I'm done for the day, if you know what I mean? I really have to work on this because I know it's probably a big reason why my past attempts to lose weight have always failed. I just have to get out there and DO SOMETHING ACTIVE, whether I want to or not. Blah.[/QUOTE]

I usually get really excited about the music that I am going to listen to. Also, I used to watch/listen to t.v. when I would walk around the block--anything to make it like I wasn't really exercising and it really worked. Maybe you just need something to keep your mind busy.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

This is awesome, I'm excited to start this challenge! Added my name to the list, will weigh myself and post in the morning.

Quick question though, do I need to put OL in the baseline and Week 1, or do I leave them blank? Or do I put in my last recorded weight. (Weigh myself about 4 days ago I believe.)

Last edited by whatupton; 09-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #326  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

PRIMETIME - Thanks for the advice. I know that I should just grab my iPod and go! I was thinking maybe I should aim to listen to an album at a time in its entirety, that way I have a secondary motive. It's so funny that I have to trick myself into exercise. Sometimes I wish it were more built into our day to day lives, like in the past, rather than having to compensate like we do now, but when I really think of things that way I'll take a walk with music I love in exchange for things like hand washing my clothes and carrying water from a well anyday! Still, it's funny to think that a lot of what I'm battling in this arena is simply a side affect of a convenient modern life.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #327  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

*sniff* 204.8 this morning. No.... I can't be gaining. It had better just be water weight (I have had stuff that was more salty than usual lately).

my measurements are down though:
Bust- 42
Chest- 34
Waist- 33.5
Hips- 46
Midway- 41
Thighs- R: 25.5 L: 25
Knees- R: 17 L: 18
Calves- R: 15 L: 16
Upper arm- R: 13.5 L: 13
Forearms- R: 10 L: 10

vs

Bust- 43
Chest- 34.5
Waist- 36
Hips- 48
Midway- 44
Thighs- R: 27 L: 27
Knees- R: 17.5 L: 18
Calves- R: 15.5 L: 17
Upper arm- R: 14 L: 14
Forearms- R: 10.5 L: 10.5

Running again today. I want to be able to do the warrior run in November... can't do that if I'm sitting on my butt all day.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #328  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Hello I just joined now Im in two End of the year Challenges! Woo Hoo! Even more to keep me on track!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #329  

To the new people

If you want you can use your current weight as Baseline, Week1 and Week2. They can all be the same number. Or if you keep your own records and/or have a guestimation of your weight 1 and 2 weeks ago you can use that.

With the OL (on leave) boxes I'm going to fill those in once the people come back. Ie if the person leaves at 190 the comes back 3 weeks later at 185 I'll just fill in the OL boxes as 190 once they get back. I do this because I need to have a number in for the chart to work.

Glad you joined us and GOOD LUCK!!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I weighed in today and only lost a pound, but I lost 3 inches in the waist and 1 in the chest.
Closed Thread