Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I was just wondering if anyone was following a specific plan. I can't seem to lose when I start focusing on a plan. So I just cut out soda, drink more water, avoid eating late, and eat healthier, smaller, and only when I'm hungry. I haven't added exercise into the mix yet tho. Not sure where I wanna go with that. I can't run because of my RA in my knees (doc frowns upon it).
Old 08-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #182  
Never, never, never quit.

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I've been counting calories, it's just something that works better for me. I try to stay under 1400 calories and I use MyNetDiary on my iPhone and I feel like it makes things so much easier! Exercise wise I run/walk about 3-4 mi or do 4 mi on the elliptical bike.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I also count calories and stay between 1200 and 1500. Most days I am right in the middle at 1300.

I am weighing in today and I lost 1.4 lbs. I wanted 2 but this is still a good start to the challenge
Old 08-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

I don't follow any specific plan, I tried counting calories a while ago but I found myself letting calories consume my every thought. So now I just make better choices and have smaller portions. It's working really well. I think you just need to find what works for you, it may take some time but once you find something you'll know it's right!
Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey all! I just added myself - a little late but I put in my weight for last week since I weigh weekly anyway.

My plan is usually just counting calories. I try to keep it between 1200 and 1500. If I go over a bit I don't freak out, just try to do better the next day. And every now and then I 'let it go' for one meal/evening typically for a celebration (birthday, wedding, etc). So far so good though I worry that will hold me back as I get closer to goal.

I don't exercise at all - I've always found it really boring and end up being more demotivated about my diet overall when I fail to exercise even if I stay on plan, so I've decided not to beat myself up about it. I did sign up for a racquetball class that starts next week (I love playing racquetball) so that'll get me active at least a bit.

Today was a great day - I fit into my Sz 14 jeans! I'm hoping I'm a 10 (an 8 would be awesome.. but I'd settle for a 10) by the time I hit goal.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #186  
Here to lose!!!

Height: 5'2"

I joined the other day but forgot to post. Oops. 189 was my weight on weigh in day. I'm just going the eat healthy, get moving route for weight loss.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #187  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing Metabolic Research Center. It's basically a low carb diet, but much lower in fat than an Atkins type. I like the accountability it provides because I go WI in front of a counselor. I did this before I was pregnant and lost over 70 lbs. I got pregnant when I was 15 lbs. from my goal and had to stop.

I gained too much while pregnant, but I still kept about half off. When I began to diet again, I tried WW and counting calories, and I lost some, but it was just a lot more difficult for me than MRC was, so I've gone back.

I'm also exercising about 3 times/week. I'm hoping to increase that to five times once my guy starts walking so I can use the gym daycare.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I need to get myself into some kind of organized routine at least. I have tendencies to see myself doing good without trying and think its ok to eat that burger or pizza. I'm still limiting myself but it isn't enough for the weight to come off like I want it to. I'm trying to lose the next 32 pounds by 12/23 for my birthday. I'm a very busy girl tho, so I'm not sure when I could get some exercise in.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 242/*see ticker*/158

Height: 5'8"

I've started going to the student rec center since classes started up again last week. I plan to go at least 5 times/week. I use caloriecount.about.com to track my calories and exercise. If I don't track my calories, I end up overeating like crazy. Right now I'm just trying to be honest with myself about what I'm eating and how much I'm eating. The calorie counter really helps me do that. I'm already seeing a little bit of a loss from this challenge so I am suuuper excited about that. Just trying to stay positive and keep my head up .
Old 08-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 206.8/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Just joined! I do the daily weigh-in, but this will be a fun longer-term goal! Plus, who doesn't want stars!?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #191  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

I also count calories. My goal is around 1700-1800 a day right now, but I will lower it as I lose weight. Some days it's lower - if I'm doing well, and weekends I usually am the higher end. Never ever going above 2200 - which is still under my maintenance calorie intake for my height/weight, even on cheat days. Sad when I say that.. considering how much I must have been eating to gain the weight I did..

Mostly, I'm just eating way less than I used too, cut out regular soda, and making better choices overall. Trying to move more, too - but haven't really set up an exercise routine yet. However, when we get settled into our new place next week my husband promised to take me exercise bike shopping so I have something to do when I watch television at night thats constructive. Plus, it's my reward for staying on plan for over a month.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:05 AM   #192  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Im a calorie counter too, I usually aim for under 1300 but more than 1200. Which is a bit tricky, its not a lot of wriggle room
Old 08-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

If you are looking for a good calorie counter online, JOIN MyFitnessPal.com!!!

I HIGHLY recommend it! It's helped me lose weight and join exercise challenges, and get in shape!

my user name is "BeilaLin" and you can add me as your friend! (just mention in the message that you are a 3FC friend).

Join MyFitnessPal.com!!!!

Last edited by Beila; 08-29-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #194  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

SCARLETT, that's awesome. I'm hoping this challenge will continue to have this motivating effect on me, right through to the end. Would love to lose a lot on these boards of yours. Sometimes you really need to have that thing to bring you back, slips are inevitable, I refuse to let them be deal breakers anymore!

It's great reading about how everyone plans on going about this. My plan is plain and simple, smaller, healthier, portions, with calorie counting to begin and I've been walking daily. May amp up the exercise eventually, but I want to keep things basic right now. Like most of you, I'm also looking to create a new way of dealing with food that I can live with for the long haul. I am exhausted by my relationship with food, I finally just decided that something had to change!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I totally agree with the recommendation to join My Fitness Pal if you are looking for a way to track calories. I have been a member there for several years (my name there is the same as my name here). I am currently doing Weight Watchers, but I still input my daily calories there just to see the correlation between number of points per day on WW and number of calories per day.

So, I am going to be sticking with WW throughout this challenge and trying to get back into my gym routine. School starts up again today (teachers today and the kids come tomorrow) and the gym is really a saving grace for me during the school year. I teach high school special education so dealing with all that teenage angst all these years removed can be stressful...not to mention the MOUNTAINS of paperwork I am responsible for!
Closed Thread