Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #436  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

While I did my weigh-in, I also know for a fact that I have been the same exact weight for the last four days. Every morning, I weigh myself, and I get 173.6. Not even 173.5 or 173.7. No fluctuation. This seems odd to me, but my scale registers change difference in weight (I have tested it by only putting half my weight onto it) and my eating & exercising has been pretty much the same. Is there something wrong with my scale, or has my weight really not changed in the last four days? Can anyone more experienced give me an informed guess?

Last edited by PollifaxFive; 09-21-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I finally faced my weight this morning. I've done nothing but eat all week and the scale is up 3.5 pounds. It actually felt good to see the number so that I'm no longer dreading it. Some of the weight must be bloat because I didn't "go" this morning and I even feel a bit bloated now. Today I plan to eat perfectly and to complete W5D2 of C25K. This is a step back in the program for me but I just need to get back into the habit of running almost every day. I need to take advantage of this cool fall weather. I'm doing a 5K on 10/1. I hope to train seriously for the 10 days leading up to it. I will run 8/10 of the remaining days and run a good race. The course is flat, I weigh less than ever and the weather should be cool. It’s a great opportunity to post a personal best time. I feel ready to get out of this sluggish food coma and get back on track. I love the sensation of running on days when the energy is flowing and I feel fit.

Rated - Just stay positive. I say this all the time, but the scale moves in funny and mysterious ways. You’re a diet ninja one week and lose 0.3 pounds. Then the next week you cheat like crazy and drop 5 pounds. Just stick with it and the weight will come off. Trust the process.

Khat - I'm probably gonna post on Friday too. Waiting for TOM is the worst….

PollifaxFive - I am way too much of a slave to the scale. Things like that have happened to me before. I can't explain it but I can tell you it does happen. Just stick with it and the weight will come off. I think it's a weird psychological thing. When you're most anxious about getting the scale to move it tends to stay the same. I'd try and take a few days off from weighing and try to calm down about it (easier said than done…I know).
Old 09-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I know I am up on weight.. 1.) I've started drinking a lot more water and 2.) TOM visited me and I am extremely blah.

I have been resisting the binge eating like I usually do.. and hope this number drops next week twice as much..ugh.. I checked yesterday and I HAVE lost 2 more inches..yay.. but boo on weight gain.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #439  

Hey Sinderelly,

It seems like you have the right attitude. Everyone has those types of weeks, just don't let it throw you off track. I'm sure you'll get through it . We're working toward the number on Week 12, the minor fluctuations don't matter.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #440  

I'm posting this mostly for me and to keep myself accountable. I always find the first few days back on plan after straying really difficult. It takes a little while to re-establish good habits, get the junk out of your system and get some momentum going. This challenge has really kept me hanging on during the past 1-2 weeks.

Today is my first day back OP

So far so good with the eating and I got a decent run in earlier. I just ate some chicken (begrudgingly). The cravings are pretty intense. The evening munchies are calling my name. Damn evil voices It's kind of chilly in here and I'm really craving a vanilla cappuccino. I'm doing all I can to sit on my hands and keep myself from running out to get one. Once I make it though these first few days it'll get easier....right!?!?!?

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #441  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I lost 2.2 this week. I'm thrilled. Good luck folks for the coming week.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #442  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollifaxFive View Post
While I did my weigh-in, I also know for a fact that I have been the same exact weight for the last four days. Every morning, I weigh myself, and I get 173.6. Not even 173.5 or 173.7. No fluctuation. This seems odd to me, but my scale registers change difference in weight (I have tested it by only putting half my weigh onto it) and my eating & exercising has been pretty much the same. Is there something wrong with my scale, or has my weight really not changed in the last four days? Can anyone more experienced give me an informed guess?
My scale does that too. I weigh myself with a dumbbell or something a little heavier then weigh myself again without the extra weight and it shows a change.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9.5

so i havent posted in a whiiiiiile....and i havent really been on track in a while buttt i was good today and yest so hopefully i'll be closer to 150 by the wknd if i keep this up...life's been kinda crazy the past few weeks and idk when its all going to get better **sigh** oh well...will try to stay on track now..thats all i can do...gluck to everyone on this weeks weigh-in
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

@scarlett
You know what's good for you!!! However, a good alternative would be tea with milk and and vanilla extract and a little honey. It realllllly sucks to lose and gain the same weight. FIGHT THE POWER!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #445  

Thanks PrimeTime I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday (mostly bloat) but still up 1.5 from last week. TOM is coming so I may be holding water. I'm going to weigh in Friday morning. I knew if I posted that last night I wouldn't go out for junk food. It just keeps me accountable.

I don't mind staying in the same place for a little while. For me being able to hang on when dieting gets tough (ie being up 1-2 pounds rather than completely eating without abandon and gaining 10) makes all the difference.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #446  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

So I have been kind of gone lately from here, but I will try to do better! I was off track for a few days, but the past few days I've been slowly getting back on track and today I lost what I had gained, so I'm happy. Packed a nutritious days worth of food including an apple, grapes, a banana, a yogurt, mini carrots, and whole grain cheddar bunnies that I found at the store yesterday so I have stuff to munch on at my desk all day and won't be tempted to get anything from the candy bowl or downstairs.

My husband wants buffalo wild wings tonight - but I plan on getting the grilled chicken salad which I can do within my calories for the day as long as I ask for a few modifications.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #447  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

@Ryler832, I did what you suggested, and it worked. My weight shifted down into what I'll assume was the "correct" weight that the scale hadn't been reporting before. Subsequently, I changed the 173.6 to 172.4 on my weigh-in graph. xD Anyway, I'll do that from now on. I am just way too lazy to have to return and buy a new scale <--- ironic.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #448  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollifaxFive View Post
@Ryler832, I did what you suggested, and it worked. My weight shifted down into what I'll assume was the "correct" weight that the scale hadn't been reporting before. Subsequently, I changed the 173.6 to 172.4 on my weigh-in graph. xD Anyway, I'll do that from now on. I am just way too lazy to have to return and buy a new scale <--- ironic.
I'm glad it worked. I don't know why scales does that. It has a mind of it's own and sometimes we have to outsmart those scales.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #449  

12 More Weeks to Take Off! : Surviving the 'eating season' together
Baseline Weigh In Deadline - 8/25 à 174.8
Week 1 Weigh In Deadline - 9/1 –> 174.5
Week 2 Weigh In Deadline - 9/8 –> 174.5
Week 3 Weigh In Deadline - 9/15 –> 182 TOM
Week 4 Weigh In Deadline - 9/22 –> 173
Week 5 Weigh In Deadline - 9/29
Week 6 Weigh In Deadline - 10/6
Week 7 Weigh In Deadline - 10/13
Week 8 Weigh In Deadline - 10/20
Week 9 Weigh In Deadline - 10/27
Week 10 Weigh In Deadline - 11/3
Week 11 Weigh In Deadline - 11/10
Week 12 Weigh In Deadline - 11/17

FINALLY! the scale has budged downward! I'm going to start visiting this forum more often, as I used to before.

Great job everyone!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #450  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler832 View Post
My scale does that too. I weigh myself with a dumbbell or something a little heavier then weigh myself again without the extra weight and it shows a change.
What a great suggestion! I must keep this in mind.
Closed Thread