Height: 5,5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 17th July 2012

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 212

Goal Weight: 200 once achieved I will set a new weight goal

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating carbs

Following any specific plan: Low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel ready now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my first day on the forum. Would love to meet others to share good and bad times
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #467  
On a Mission!

S/C/G: 298/258.2/198

Height: 5'7

First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Vermont

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None. Trying to lose weight to be a healthier weight to have children.

Pets: Nala (rottie/lab), Huckleberry (pit bull), Pixel (tuxedo kitty) & Slinky (an old, blind ferret).

Hobbies/Interests: Anything to do with music, the outdoors, my furbabies, reading, kayaking, swimming, camping.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially? 6/1/2012

Starting Weight: 298

Present Weight: 264

Goal Weight: This goal is 198. But ideally I'd like to be 145.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional Binging & my husband eating whatever he wants, when he wants.

Following any specific plan: Food journal, lower calories, better choices.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to have kids. I need to be healthier.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #468  
moving chick

S/C/G: 310/ticker/200

Height: 5'3

First name:Elisha (Eeleesha)

Geographical location:Virginia

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages:none

Pets:3dogs 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: computer time, being outside hanging with friends, sports, etc.

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color: brown/red dye/blackish brown natural

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: New journey 7/22/12

Starting Weight:283

Present Weight:283

Goal Weight:short term: 235

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up when people push things in your face and now being in an area where I cant commute to exercise having to do it all in my home.

Following any specific plan:smaller portions No sugars

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: There are more people on my side.

Anything else you would like to share with us:If anyone would like to be my exercise pen pal and keep me motivated through message and everything please let me know it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #469  

Talking

First name: Christine

Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: 1, Chihuahua mix, Batman

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, sewing, cooking, baking, going to the movies, and shopping.

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 16th 2012. Before this Journey it was in January 2007.

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 145- 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating on the weekends and eating late and night especially junk food.

Following any specific plan: I'm counting calories on Lose It! and using the fitbit. Also walking/jogging 5 to 6 days out of the week from 30 min to an hour.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I think determination. When I would go up and down with my wieght and not see any results I would give up and just eat thinking it didn't matter and that it wasn't going to change. Now I want to lose and I'm ready to lose

Anything else you would like to share with us: This will be my second time losing major weight. In 2006 after weight 238 lbs at age 20 I decided I wanted to feel better abount myself and make an effort to lose weight. I managed over the course of 2 years to loose 83 lbs. I slowly started putting on more weight (about 30 lbs) as I got more comfortable in my new relationship. Once I moved in with my boyfriend I gained an additional 20 and decided enough was enough, so both my boyfriend and I are making a commitment to weightloss and reaching our goal weights. I believe this time we both can do it
Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 287/249.6/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Great to meet everyone/read through the profiles

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Toronto

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None! We've decided to be childfree.

Pets: 2 cats! Kingsley and Margot

Hobbies/Interests: I play a lot of video games, watch tv, hang out at home, go out hiking/camping, going out to the farm to pick flowers and veggies and crafty things

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: My eyes are blue... my hair is naturally a light blonde but I keep it pretty dark - a very dark brown, sometimes black

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: Unintentionally ... May 24, 2012. I went to China and the food destroyed me. I ended up losing like 20 lbs when I was there. So now I'm getting more serious about it, but I count that as my starting weight/date.

Starting Weight: 283

Present Weight: I think around 263, I need to weigh again. I haven't in about 2 weeks.

Goal Weight: Right now it's 180. I expect that once I hit 180 I will want to go down to about 140 - 130, but for now I'd be really happy if I was 180.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat! I love to eat good food... really rich food. And I love sweets. I also eat food really late... and sometimes I don't go outside for a while... I sit on my computer.

Following any specific plan: I've tried weight watchers 3 or 4 times, joined the school gym classes and tried curves. None of them really worked. This time I've got a goodlife fitness membership with a friend and just decided to change my eating habits for life.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My fiance is supporting me, and he has vocalized his concern. I am worried about my weight and my health affecting my life. I just want to be happy and healthy in my own skin.

Anything else you would like to share with us: If you have great recipes I'd love to hear them. I'm also getting married soon! Pretty excited about it.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 236/236/180

Height: 5'6

First name: Lucy

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Children/Ages: none

Pets: do plants count?

Hobbies/Interests: movies, music, guitars, reading

Height: 5' 6

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2nd I suppose

Starting Weight: a beautiful 236 lbs

Present Weight: still 236

Goal Weight: I am wanting to make it to 180, then we'll see

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not eating all the same things my boyfriend eats in the middle of the night, cheese! chips! ICE CREAM, fast food, being to busy to make something healthy

Following any specific plan: Exercise and cutting down on my calorie intake

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing this for me

Anything else you would like to share with us: At my largest I weighed 280. I met my b/f on the internet and we had planned to meet each other in November of 2010. The summer before hand I went on a fierce diet and exercised daily. I lost a little over 40lbs by that November. Now I live with my b/f and have not regained or lost anymore weight since 2010. I would really like to be about 180 to 160lbs sometime in my life. My boyfriend weighs about 175 and I'd at least like to be smaller than him. I am a huge believer in body acceptance and I do like my body the way it is, but it would be nice to be able to shop anywhere I want without getting that "we don't carry your size" look from people. So...here I go

Last edited by Lucy23; 08-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 187/167/135

Height: 5'4

First name: Mary

Geographical location: The Netherlands

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: Two lovebirds! Coco and gucci (lol! :P)

Hobbies/Interests: traveling, fashion, playing the guitar, learning different languages, nail art

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 167

Goal Weight: somewhere between 135-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: going to university and being with friends that are constantly eating all sorts of unhealthy stuff lol.

Following any specific plan: nope, just my own personal plan :') which basically includes a lot of natural unprocessed foods; lots of protein, kind of low-carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I started working out! I lost quite a lot of weight a few years ago, but ended up looking flabby and feeling exhausted all the time. Also I wanted to lose a lot of weight in a very short period of time, which didn't really work out (obviously). This time around, I educated myself more and am willing to take the time needed in order to lose the weight for once and for all (and more importantly, the healthy way)!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so glad to have found this forum! I can't wait to write my own goal story at the end of this journey and be able to inspire others too
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 196.6/170.8/129

Height: 5'5

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Upstate New York

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Two cats: Scamper and Fluff, the loves of my life

Hobbies/Interests: movies, animals of all kinds, cooking, seeing new places

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish brown eyes/red hair(auburn)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: When I was 14-15, I lost about 70 pounds, (completely healthy even though I was pretty young) and it's funny, because I completely stalked this site several times a day during that year and a half period, but never really felt like I fit in because I was almost 5 years younger than even the youngest group: the 20-somethings. Thus, I never posted, just took in everything all the women said and pretended I was part of the "club," hahaha. So, I wish it wasn't the case, but I did gain all the weight back, but I'm older now and ready to really become the healthiest me I can be. So the starting date of my last weight loss journey is the beginning of August.

Starting Weight: 196

Present Weight: 192

Goal Weight: about 130. The first time I lost the weight, I got down to 117, and I think that was my downfall. I was healthy and happy at 130, so that's the goal in my sight.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Accepting that I gained the weight back and working just as hard to really make a permanent lifestyle change.

Following any specific plan: Nope, I was a calorie counter the first time, and now I'm doing pretty much the same, just not as obsessive as I was when I was younger.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I won't gain the weight back this time. I'm more mature and ready to change my health for the better, not just so I fit in with the "skinny girls." I won't make my diet my life like I did in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I must say that after being a bystander for so long, it feels really great to finally speak up!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

opppps....I didn't do this when I first joined. Better late than never!!!!

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 adorable three year old little girl

Pets: Haffie and Kitten (two calicos) and King Louie (Aussie Water Dragon)

Hobbies/Interests: reading, baking, playing mom, playing wife, cooking

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially? 7/17/12

Starting Weight: 293

Present Weight: 274.5

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food addiction

Following any specific plan: Wonderslim

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will not be fat anymore, will not, will not, will not.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I used to be thin (okay, thinner.) I was 156 pounds, wore a size 8, was healthy. Then life got in the way. I stopped being a vegetarian. Gained weight. I got in a car wreck and injured my knee. Gained weight. I got pregnant and was put on serious bed rest. Gained weight. All said and done, in a period of 5 years I gained 137 pounds. I want to be in the 150's again. I have to be. I can not allow my daughter to think this is okay, not when I see my health diminishing by the second.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Height: 5ft3in

First name:Rhianne

Geographical location: ohio

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:2 4and 3months

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests:sketching a bit

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color:hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:june 13 2012

Starting Weight:180

Present Weight:160

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:starting atkins induction and sticking to it

Following any specific plan:atkins

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my motivation is to surprise my husband when he gets home from deployment

Anything else you would like to share with us:nah
Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 260.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

First name: Jeanette

Geographical location: Washington Sate

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: spending time with family and friends. Reading reddit

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Aug. 6, 2012

Starting Weight:260.2

Present Weight:254.8

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Having everything ready after work. When I get done with work it is hard for me to make dinner and a lot of times I can easily be talked into getting fast food. Also, family functions where it is hard to eat right (I have a large family and so we have these a lot)

Following any specific plan: using myftinesspal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This form and also I'm starting at a time when there are not a lot of family functions (at least not till after the first 2 weeks of my starting... my sister is getting married this Friday).

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I'm really excited to be here and have already seen some great support that I'm really excited about
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 187/165/132

Height: 5'7"

First name:
Jess
Geographical location:
Australia
Marital Status:
Single
Children/Ages:
Nope!
Domino's Pizza Delivery Driver
Pets:
Border collie (Cherry) Burmese cats (Tigger & Milo) Tonkinese cat (Hugo), Thoroughbred horses (Flash & Ralph)
Hobbies/Interests:
I ride horses, and compete at a relatively high level in eventing. I also work alot.
Height:
170cm/5'7
Eye/Hair Color:
Green/Blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
First time: December 25th 2011. This time: August 1st 2012.
Starting Weight:
First time: 85kg/187lbs This time: 78kgs/171lbs
Present Weight:
75 kgs/165lbs
Goal Weight:
60kgs/132lbs
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Fast food & sugar addiction.
Following any specific plan:
Trying to stay under 1500 cals a day.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I feel like I have a stronger midnset....and more hope?
Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #478  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Have a boyfriend of almost 5 years

Children/Ages: None, yet!

Pets: 1 cat named Midnight. 1 chow/american eskimo mix named Ninja

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, Video games, Science, Reading, Playing with my pup

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started January 2011, really start cracking down August 7, 2012

Starting Weight: 256

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying on track and not getting discouraged too easily. And not snacking on sweets

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with my fitness pal.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've got somewhere to chat about my journey and get the encouragement and inspiration I need

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really glad I found this place. I look forward to my time here and reading the threads really keeps me motivated
Old 08-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #479  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

First name: Hannah

Geographical location: Louisiana

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: No

Occupation:Administrative Assistant for an oil and gas company

Pets: Blue Pit named Dozer and Chihuaua min pin mix named Azula

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, camping, mud riding, fishing, swimming and taking pictures (im a country girl)

Eye/Hair Color: Green, Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 16, 2010

Starting Weight: 276.6

Present Weight: 166.2

Goal Weight: 145 (changes all the time) I dont want to be to thin just healthy looking.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Actually sticking to a plan this time and never giving up!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting I swear by this! So far so good.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually stuck to it and never quit! I was extremely hard on myself never allowing myself to give up or just say oh i can take a day off today. NO I kept to it!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope I can inspire other people to begin a journey to make their lives healthier!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 270/263/190

Height: 5'10

First name: Aaron

Geographical location: WI

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Yorkshire Terrier

Hobbies/Interests: Video games, Netflix, and after I start losing some weight I'll get into kayaking and swimming again.

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/10/2012

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight:164

Goal Weight: 190 (reevaluate after attaining)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating where I work. Lol.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories with My Food Diary and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm using the same approach as my one and only other time losing weight. The difference being... there's no wedding 3 months into my efforts. Too much temptation destroyed it for me the first time. After two years I often look back and think about how my life would be different if I had just stuck to it. That in itself is a pretty big motivator for me.
Closed Thread