Old 09-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 230/230/155

Height: 5'5"

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Rhode Island

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: not any time soon!

Pets: 1 cat named eliot and an adorable morkie named Ted

Hobbies/Interests: music, film, live concerts, spending time with my friends, getting addicted to a new tv series every few months (breaking bad, x-files, sons of anarchy, honey boo boo LOL!)

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 11th, 2012 (yes, i've been on here for years but I am finally ready to commit again on a new journey)

Starting Weight:224

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight:155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: backsliding... this time last year I was 185lbs and I ran my first 5k. I've let all of that go and lost myself in gaining weight again. Even with that much success (started at same weight last time) I still did not maintain. I have trouble finding the motivation to stick with it, even when I know I am capable of so much more. My boyfriend is 140lbs soaking wet, he eats whatever he wants and never gains anything. He loves me no matter how I look which, while adorable, has enabled me to get back to my starting weight. It's just difficult for me to dig deep these days and set out to do this again for myself because I work in a mall surrounded by awful foods. I need to find the motivation and I hope rejoining the forum, feeling the support that helped me before and reading about all of your trials and tribulations will help me get back on track.

Following any specific plan: Transitions Lifestyles System is what I did before under the guidance of a nutritionist. I still have all of the materials from the program and will try to stick to that. I usually substitute a Slimfast Shake for breakfast as I am not a morning person and usually just drink it on the way to work.

I am starting the 30 day shred today and will share results at 10,20 and 30 days on my profile.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm 26...as awful as it sounds, I want to look as good as I feel. I am young and I live in a city surrounded by 20/30 somethings who are gorgeous. I want to feel confident again, and I want to feel like I am the girlfriend that my boyfriend fell in love with (I was 40 lbs lighter when we started dating). While I know he loves me I can't help but feel like I let myself go. I let myself down and I need to get it all back. I don't want to be 30 and feel like I do today, and I know there is a long road ahead of me. I need to start today and keep it up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i am very excited to get started again. i used 3fatchicks forum back when I was at the peak of my weight loss success and it helped me in so many ways. i made a lot of friends on this site that shared their experiences and helped me through a difficult time. i appreciate you taking the time to get to know me and i can't wait to chat with all of you!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #497  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:No children, in the future yes

Pets:Not since I moved, looking to get a dog soon

Hobbies/Interests: Anything science related, particularly Atmospheric Science and Astrophysics, I love good film, music, NASCAR, football, riding horses, spending time with my fiance, family, and close friends, writing, playing video games, kickboxing, and more

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color:Eyes are blue, hair is dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January of 2011

Starting Weight:275

Present Weight:229

Goal Weight:175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
The amont of weight I need to lose, along with hitting a GIANT plateau after I had lost down to 80 lbs, stress and busy life gave way to gaining back almost half of what I had lost. Never letting that happen to me again, I have learned now how to balance out a healthy lifestyle with the chaos, no matter what.

Following any specific plan:No, just tracking my food intake through LiveStrong as well as exercising at least 5 days a week, starting up P90X as well.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Sticking with it and not letting myself slip back to where I was. I had never been larger than 200 lbs until I got sick, so I want to be back under 200 and stay.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm excited about becoming a part of this community that seems to be full of wonderful people and great support. I hope I can contribute in a positive way and I can't wait to see everyone continue to succeed on their own journey!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 09-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #498  
Newb!

First name: Arzu

Geographical location: NJ

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/12/2012

Starting Weight: 143

Present Weight: 143

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not sure really...

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope
Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

First name: Hira

Geographical location: Lahore, Pakistan

Marital Status: married for 5 years now

Children/Ages: no kids

Pets: no

Hobbies/Interests: reading,, listening to music,,, eating was too much of an interest,learning to exert control over tht particular interest/obsession

Height: 5'5.5

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12th September 2012

Starting Weight: 238 lbs

Present Weight:232 lbs

Goal Weight:132 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: hatred for exercise, do not enjoy it ,,, temptation (i have had a very intimate relationship with food ever since i was 6 months old , so my mother tells me ,, hehehe)

Following any specific plan: try to take 4-5 healthy mini meals at intervals of 2-3 hours in a day, ending with a high protein low carb dinner around 7... trying to incorporate exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: the sickening realisation that im older than before, so its going to take more effort perhaps,, and that ive started at a higher number than ever before so its going to take longer,,, also supplementing my diet with a daily multi vitamin this time,,

Anything else you would like to share with us: i just hope i dont give up this time,,, have my wardrobe teeming with beautiful clothes that dont fit and many that i bought atleast 4 dress sizes smaller (i know tht was silly but i wanted to wear them whenever i lost weight) worth thousands that still have tags on them!!! i want to fit into them!!!!! i need to fit into them!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 167 / 157 / ?

Height: 5'1"

Default Aloha!

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Pahoa, Hawaii

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Kuma (My 1 Y/O Long Haired Chihuahua)

Hobbies/Interests: Snorkeling, Hiking, Bodyboarding, Reading...

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2012

Starting Weight: 167 lbs.

Present Weight: 157 lbs.

Goal Weight: unknown.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE TO EAT!

Following any specific plan: None, Turbo Fire Soon!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never been overweight in the past... & I've never felt like I had to lose weight either.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm starting Turbo Fire soon, anyone else done that program? Any advice diet wise while doing TF?

Hope to meet some AWESOME people!!!

Mahalo. (Thank you!)
Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #501  
Loving Insanity

S/C/G: 185/176/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kate,

I'm in a similiar situation. I'm 26 and weigh 185. I'm starting 3ds tomorrow. Ran in a 10 k today and really want to keep it up.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #502  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been here almost 2 months, I guess I should do this.

First name: Bethany

Geographical location: A little north of Cincinnati, Ohio

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages:0

Pets: Romie- cat who acts like a dog and has allergies. Dodger- Newfoundland/Collie mix. He won't get more than 100 pounds. (dad's)
Stella- very particular little cat. she lives at my mom's.

Hobbies/Interests:
movies//books//painting my nails in fun ways// playing with make up//learning new hair ways to get my hair out of my face.
the Travel Channel, and House Hunters. <3

Height: more or less 5'7" (depending on my posture)

Eye/Hair Color: brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Late July/Early August.

Starting Weight: My scale 266/ Doctor's Scale 264

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight:155/160 I want to be in the normal BMI zone but I'm almost afraid that's too small.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Remembering and committing to take my medication every single day on time. Otherwise I will not have energy and my allergies will turn into an infection and I won't get anything done.

Following any specific plan:If I take my medication on time the plan will follow.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am taking all of the necessary medication.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 163/141/135

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone! Let me stop being anti-social.

First name: Debbie

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 baby girl, 11 weeks

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, makeup, going to church, finding ways to make myself better

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: WAAYYY Back, I think 2008

Starting Weight: 260 something

Present Weight:154

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat which usually leads to binging

Following any specific plan: Yes, but I try to keep it to myself due to the critics

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Don't really know.
Closed Thread