Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Kawaii nice pic!! I loved the ones you posted a few days ago- you are so pretty!!

Miz yay for working out- someone around here has a signature that says "No one ever regrets the workout they actually did"- or something to that effect. Glad you did it and felt good afterwards!

krampus wowzers look at you go. You continue to lose! Just... what...two weeks ago you were concerned and up and now you're doing so well. Congrats and enjoy treating yourself to Body Shop!

TheBunneh sorry about your rut How clean are you eating? Sometimes that is the difference between feeling great and bouncing out of bed and just wanting to stay in bed and gain three pounds, at least that's been my experience. I have been eating around 1200-1300 a day, waking up STARVING, but have only been maintaining, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the processed foods I've been stuck to the past few days instead of my usual fresh fruits and vegetables. Maybe that isn't your problem at all- just throwing it out there. I hope things brighten up soon!

-

It's been frustrating the past week for me too- still stuck at 130.8. I know at least part of it is my own fault- I just really haven't been eating as well as I should even my caloric intake is low. Still, I should have lost SOMETHING over the past few days. Grumble grumble. Maybe I'll get one of these magical "whooshes" everyone keeps talking about. Even just 1 lb would be amazing!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 AM   #62  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

indi- i hate it when that happens, but at least you know what you can improve and how to fix it

I had a pretty awesome day. I went to my internship, and even though it was scary to start booking my own patients everyone was really nice and they have an orientation programme so I'm not immediately on my own. My outfit worked out great, even if my shoes did eat my feet alive (we're talking about bleeding feet by the end of the day). We had a shared morning tea and lunch, which means my lunch can be used again tomorrow (and it was yum and filling). We finished about 1.5hrs early, which was nice finishing at 330 instead of the usual getting home at 7pm this week. Then I went to the gym and had a good session, and my PT today said that I was one of the fittest people he trains I came home and opened my emails and freaked about all the internship ones i had, then saw one hidden in there from a guy I did a paper with a couple of years ago-saying our research had finally been accepted for publication by the International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine!

Me ftw
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:09 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon Wow that's awesome go you!!! And the internship sounds really good.

Just want to apologise for this week. I am being rather inactive (in comparison to normal) and just wanted to say I'm still reading, just not being my usual chatty self.

Boyfriend and I just had another argument. This time because I walked in on him and his mum arguing and made a kind of joke to try to diffuse the situation - but apparently that just made him even more pissed off... and he left. Well..walked out the door and when I followed he told me to go away. So I let him be for like 20 minutes then walked around the neighbourhood for probably 20-30 minutes looking for him. No luck, came back...he was in the shower, dunno how long he'd been back.

Things are ok, again, but I'm getting stressed and upset with all this constant up and down stuff. I'm also not doing great with eating. On 1050 calories for the day.

He has now gone out with his drink-buying friend from the weekend. He asked me to come but I feel like I just need to chill out on my own for a bit. I wanted to hang out with him tonight until he snapped at me and said he didn't want to be around people but was going out (well...great...made me think he didn't want to be around me).

He also said he wishes he could just pick up and leave, go anywhere, leave everything behind...and that kind of upset me too, so much so that I actually just said he may as well break up with me now - to which he said he doesn't want to break up at all "why would I think that" - oh maybe because you just want to up and leave but you aren't saying you want me to go with you?

SORRY guys...I come in here and just rant all over the place. I'm going to have some icecream. Thank god I have the calories for it.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Yay, icon!! What an awesome day. Big kudos for publication

Rainbow sorry to hear about boyfriend woes. I had an ex who would say things about wishing to leave and start over again. He was a very wistful, private, daydreamy person so it took a while before he would say things like that without me getting offended. Finally learned it was sort of compliment he got close to/dated me, since he doesn't usually get close to anyone. Anyway I don't know about your BF, all that to say guys sometimes say things that they definitely don't realize how it comes across. Hopefully he'll snap out of it

--

Eating today has been better than the past two days: big spinach salad, strawberries, etc. Much cleaner with the exception of 2 tsp of Nutella (only 66 calories/4 grams of fat). Hoping I can keep it up and see a drop in the next 1-2 days.... 120s here I come!!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

The damage is in for the big weekend. 148.2 pounds this evening. Not bad for TOM and a big weekend. If the pattern holds and I can keep myself on plan with two dinners out this week, I might see 145s next week. Funny thing, that. I was carded this weekend and I glanced down at my license. It doesn't say 145, it says 150! That means I made that mini goal without even knowing it. Still not changing the eventual goals, but that made the day even better.

Rainbow Glad you're OK, and that the people you know in Chch are too. I'm so sorry for all the stress you've been in with the BF, not cool that he walks out and talks about wanting to pick up and start over. Enjoy the ice cream and don't dwell too much. Moody boys can be really hard on us.

Icon Rock on, you are one fit, published kick-butt psychology intern. Now just get some better shoes!

indiblue I always find I hold on to weight when I eat overprocessed foods. Two days of clean eating and I go *whoosh* good luck!

Kawaii Yay for cute outfits! That sweater sounds divine. Maybe I need to go shopping. So far the damage looks negligible, my jeans are actually loose today, even if the scale was up.

krampus Thanks for the ego boost. It was really great to see my hard work pay off. Speaking of which you're doing so well! I hope you get something great from the Body Shop

MiZ Congrats on the workout! I was so tired after this weekend I slept through my workout time, and now I really regret it. I miss having that time to myself. I've got my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, you'll totally make it.

final note (I know, long post again)
Cute boy called yesterday to ask me on a date. We're going out on Friday. I'm excited, but hesitant because he lives in San Diego. I've never had trouble with long distance relationships, but it seems all the good guys live far away. Wish me luck, guys, I could really use some uncomplicated, nice company to chat with, do fun stuff and maybe even try surfing with right now.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #66  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Just wanted to say hey to the 3fc New Zealanders, glad to hear you are safe. My heart really goes out to all affected. It really is devestating

Miztaccacen: Debt really sucks, but it sounds like you are working your way out, you have a plan. I'm sure you'll be a great psychologist one day

Kawaii: yeah it's alot of pressure to eat that really shouldn't be there. I don't care what others are eating cute pics btw (i'm very late lol) Love the oversized jumper, makes you look tiny and I adore jumpers over dresses.

Krampus: thanks. I love thr body shop. Lately I've been really into footcare.

Icon: What a compliment from your PT, and major congrats on getting a paper published. Brains and brawn too no fair lol

Rainbow. Don't worry about venting. Sorry to hear about your bf troubles. My bf has said such similar things and it's hard to not take it personally.

Finally off TOM. Went to superdrug today to get all these footcare products. I have been eyeing some really cute summery sandles and heels and I will be darned if my feet still look like they belong to a caveman come summer.
I'm really looking forward to this little break to the seaside next tuesday. So much work to do before then though. I have pretty much decided I won't drink, I am still deciding whether or not to pack my scales (do I really want to seem that crazy...errr no maybe not)
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #67  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Kawaii – Cleaning is a workout in itself at least that’s what I tell myself ha-ha =)

Indiblue – Very true, as well my weight usually stays on me for a few weeks before I see anything improvement at least that’s what I got from my January weigh-in weeklys and the third week I had a huge 5 pound woosh.

Icon – that sounds exciting yet scary to book your own patients! Also haha I love that your trainer complimented my trainer loves me because I push myself unfortunately for her she won’t be getting any more money from me after the first week of march ha-ha.

Rainbow – Sorry about the boyfriend issues but that would upset me to saying he’s want to pick up and leave everything behind…Then again he could have said you and him pick up and leave everything behind but men are bleh when it comes to the right wording but I would have felt the exact same way…*Hugs*

Fromthebox – omg let us know how it goes with the cute boy! And don’t worry about weight being up it’ll take a little time but in no time you’ll be back down to what you were or even lower!

Supergirl – I’m trying (not hard enough but it’ll get there eventually) also sometimes it’s good to take a break away from the scale…IMO anyways. Just enjoy yourself and don’t indulge too much.

===

So I'm thinking about working at a camp in the Yukon for the summer time (since it's only seasonal) I'm going to do some research on it when I get home, I figured if I can get a job like that I'll be out of debt by october when the season closes. Then I can get my H2S and get some work on the rigs for the winter time. I know plans plans plans but I never seem to fall through with them! But you know what I'm going to this time because I've always wanted to go to the Yukon! So here I go on a little journey yet again! I usually get this way when I feel trapped and stuck I want to go places and do things in life. **** i'm 25 I have 5 years before I hit 30 actually 4 because I'll be 26 in may and I have nothing to show for my life...bleh!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #68  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Hello Ladies!

fromthebox YAY I just knew that guy would call you, but I didn't want to jinx it. Is San Diego very far from you? That's so exciting!

rainbow I hope everything turns around for you. Maybe after both of you cool off for a while you'll both be able to talk with out getting upset. That would definitely upset me if my boyfriend was talking about starting over

icon I'm looking to do my internship in adolescent eating disorders. I'm having a hard time with it though, I may end up having to change my population. I actually need to email a contact today to see if she has anymore information for me. *fingers crossed*
That's good they ease you into things instead of just throwing you to the lions. And congrats on your publication!

kawaii Aww your kids always sound so cute. I like your outfit too. I keep seeing all these new spring clothes, and really want to buy them, but I promised myself no more clothes until I'm done losing weight. I got new shoes this weekend though.

MiZ The best revenge is living well. Even though that was a crappy situation, it's made you stronger and wiser as a person. That plan sounds like a good idea, especially if you've always wanted to go to the Yukon.

JL I wouldn't worry too much about the gain. Especially since you said you're feeling bloated. Stress does crazy things to a person's body. What are you in school for?

krampus Another loss?! Awesome Yeah my tailbone is fine. I kind of landed on one half of my butt, the muscley part.

Well I thought I said I'd stay away from the scale during TOM but I stepped on this morning and lo and behold I had gained half of a pound. I'm not surprised. Stupid TOM. I've been baking like everyday this week too, weird cravings and what not. But I've been very good and stayed OP
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Lupo: I'm going to school for office system technologies. I want to be a medical coder or transcriptionist (still on the fence!)
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #70  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Iconised Ghost That's awesome! What a great comment to get.

rainbowstripe Guys are just stupid sometimes. Hope you feel better.

fromthebox Yay for being under your license weight!

-----------

One little note to myself: BREATHE! Slow down and stop the panic! Even a few hundred calories over goal is not a big deal if it's not coming from crappy foods. I need to stop making the whole situation worse by obsessing and worrying about it, it's probably just making me hungrier!

Seriously, someone needs to smack me or something.

I'm really tired and weak. When I broke down crying in the middle of my workout because I felt so bad I decided to let myself stop early. I think I'm probably PMSing, but my periods have been so wacky lately there's no telling for sure. But it would explain a lot.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Indiblue, thanks ^_^ oh, I get like that too. Eating crap just makes you want to eat MORE crap. Whereas when you eat good food you feel more satisfied and happier. Shame, shame, shame… lol!

Icon, congrats on a good first day! Shame about the shoes…

Rainbow, awww… big hugs love. I dunno, but to me it sounds like everyone involved is just really stressed out. Just take a step back, take a deep breath and relax a bit. Let him do his thing, do your own thing. And then hopefully everything will go back to normal.

Fromthebox, hey! Congrats on being skinnier than your licence! lol and yay date!! new clothes are definitely awesome. I’m in love with that sweater. Although I shopped so much that I’m BROKE now. lol

Supergirl, haha, I just realized that sweater DOES make me look tiny.. and it’s funny cuz you would think wearing something bigger would make you look bigger, no? playing with footcare product sounds fun. I need to find something that will make my feet not fall apart with socksless season starts. I dunno why but I got really sensitive feet and as soon as I try to wear summer shoes, I get blisters all over

Miz, ha! Well I cleaned a bit, but only clothes that were on the floor I’ll do a proper round on Saturday since my friend is coming over. You’ve always wanted to go to Yukon?! Really?!? There’s like NOTHING there! Lol. although I guess it could be fun. And yes, taking a job there would probably be really lucrative since nobody wants to go there! Lol. (my dad does jobs way in the north of Quebec once or twice a year and he gets paid 5x what he would back home cuz there is nobody to do it there.) good luck with that!

Lupos, thanks! I will so miss my brats after they graduate!! Oh, I could never do the “no new clothes til I lose weight!” thing, cuz I love shopping too much. Besides, my weightloss has pretty much been at a standstill (give or take a few pounds) for the last two months so yeah. But I think it’s fun to treat yourself to nice clothes!!

Bunneh, maybe you should go to the doctor? Maybe something else is wrong if you’re having such intense mood swings? Take care.

Well morning all. can’t believe it’s already Thursday! Gotta go to the elementary school in a little while, and y’all know how much I LOVE that… (barf). Anyways, doing good so far. Yesterday I avoided the binge monster. I was doing quite good, had a big salad with a small soup and tiny sandwich, then I was feeling pretty full and had two mandarins, and I dunno if it was just the sugar or what, but I still had the munchies. I ate some “diet bars” (kinda like cookies?) and then I REALLY wanted to keep eating but I was like “noooooo!!! You… must… not!!!” and I had a tea and it passed. But I really wanted to eat everything in sight!! I still feel cranky that I even ate that stupid bar, cuz I really didn’t need to eat it, but still… I’m proud I avoided a crisis. lol. Tomorrow I get to weigh-in. I’m nervous!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #72  
Joie de Vivre!!

KawaiiCandie Yeah, I'm going to talk to a dr about birth control soon, to see if it's hormonal. Although the crying wasn't really a mood swing, just exhaustion. Am I the only one who cries from being exhausted?

Good job on not binging! I've been stuffing myself with vegetables to see if eventually I'll get full enough that I don't want to eat anymore. =/

Last edited by TheBunneh; 02-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #73  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Down a very negligible amount from yesterday, or maybe the same even. I suppose with such a dramatic drop in the beginning of the week I can't expect to see quick action all week long - that said, I'm hoping tonight's run will kick it into gear. I'm impatient, dammit.

Didn't wind up getting anything from the Body Shop. Like I ALWAYS do, I looked at everything in the store and left without buying a thing. Maybe this weekend when I have more time I'll pick something up. I'll be in the city with more options so I'm feeling optimistic.

TheBunneh How'd the vegetable stuffing experiment go?

KawaiiCandie YAY for avoiding a binge-crisis!

lupo Nice work staying OP despite TOM and baking. That takes resolve!

MiZTaCCeN Oooh, Yukon sounds like a big adventure! You should do it, there's one thing to check off the bucket list.

supergir111 Leave the scales at home!

fromthebox That's so exciting about the date! You're living my beachy bikini-body West Coast dream life.

indiblue Glad to hear you feel better about your eating recently. I have spinach salad with strawberries among other things for lunch today!

rainbowstripe I'm really bummed to hear about that argument. I agree that a lot of dudes say things like "I just want to get away from it all" and don't realize they're being hurtful. I hope things have been patched up by now and you feel better.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #74  
Joie de Vivre!!

krampus It went great.....until I baked cookies for my husband to take to a work function tomorrow and ate a bunch.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 02-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #75  
sugar is the devil

I pushed myself really hard with my trainer today. Boy - did I have a good workout. I dripped a ton! That being said, near the end of my workout I was on the rowing machine and giving it my all. I started to breathe fast, and faster, and then my lungs switched over into hyperventilation mode I hate that feeling, feels like you can't breathe/can't get enough air. Pretty scary stuff - I was in tears. I'm so glad I don't get panic attacks - that must be a horrible feeling... I need to work on taking deeper/longer breathes while I'm working out really hard.

I get to weigh myself on Friday My trainer said I couldn't weigh myself for a month and I said "NO WAY". But here I am, haven't weighed myself since Jan 25th. I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment. I kept reminding my trainer that Friday is weigh-in/measurement day, so I get to that first thing when I meet up with him . I just hope the scale is down; such an uneasy feeling of "what-if"...

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-23-2011 at 10:28 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote