Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

I am terrible at focusing right now, so personals will have to wait. Just an update, today am 146.2 after eating delicious German food last night. Glad that progress is back. Have been texting way too much with cute boy. Worried we may be talking too much prior to date. Am going to try to hit the gym and clear out some of my anxiety/jitters.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

fromthebox Oh yes, I did read about your upcoming date, that sounds exciting. I hope it's fun! Don't worry too much about texting...I would suggest stopping, but I guess it might seem weird if you do that haha. Just get busy to get your mind off things!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Super: That's great that your TOM is gone. I just started a new BC and when TOM is here it ups my appetite twice as much and I'm always hungry anyways! LOL. What are fruit pastels? And chocolate mousse sounds good! I can always afford to get in some chocolate! lol.
Rainbow: Congrats on your boyfriend's interview. Boo for going back up ..have you been getting enough water in? Maybe it's just bloat...Try not to stress! I should really learn to take my own advice! lol
The Brunneh: I'm sure you are deff. not failling anyone! Atleast you are not giving up on eating right & exercising all together right? Don't be so down on yourself and I'm sure you'll be in those size 10 capris before you know it!
Lupo: I feel you when it comes to feeling old. It seems like yesterday that both of my sisters were 11 and 13 ..and now they are 17 and 19! It is crazy how fast time flies. **Fingers crossed** TOM leaves you soon!
MiZ: I hope you didn't pull anything! I can't wait until you get on the scale ...I wish I had the willpower to wait a month without weighing. WTG!
Krampus: I'm sorry about your binge! I have them days where everything makes me frustrated...it's irritating even thinking about it..I hope tomorrow will be better for you.
Madison: Ugghh ear infections suck! I hope she pulls out of it & starts feeling better. Good luck tomorrow with the scale!
Indi: Hope the scale moves for you soon!
Kawaii: I don't know if i'd feel comfortable going by myself but maybe your HOT DJ friend was inviting you for himself! LOL. Hope you friend changes her mind.

WOW. That's a lot of personals! Right now I'm cooking me some Tuna Helper Creamy Parmesean & can't wait to eat it ..I'm so hungry!! We have had a busy-busy day today and I just now got home..& tomorrow I got to go up to the school and study for a lab test on the heart! (Urrgg!)...As for my calories today I've been pretty good I think I'll hit 1260 today...which is good! Does anyone else feel like they are doing something awful when they get high up in their calorie range? Like when my range is 1200-1550. The highest I've been is at 1400 because I'm scared if I eat anymore than that I will gain. Pleas tell me I'm normal! HAHA. As for exercise today I plan on doing a JM video if the weather doesn't get too bad..We are suppose to have severe storms later on and we have to go to my father's when we do because he has a cellular and we don't have one at my house. But I'm going to get off here and finish up my dinner! Hope everyone has a good night & sees good numbers on the scale in the morning!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Wow & I just noticed all the happy faces...sorry people! lol
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #95  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Lupo - I'm excited! and guess what tomorrow is FRIDAY! YAY! Have fun with your sisters birthday!

Thebunneh - Your mind is your worst enemy. You've lost so much weight and you shouldn't worry about failing other people and you definitely haven't failed yourself that's for sure! you're doing amazing and I know it's hard to see that sometimes because it's yourself looking at it, but try and think of what other people are thinking of you and I bet you there is a whole bunch of family, friends that are so proud of you! Maybe you need a rest from working out for a while it does us some good sometimes. Breath and reboot is all I can say, eventually you'll remember why you are doing this and that you're beautiful and almost at your goal. You've done 64 pounds what's another 16 to go?! We have faith in you!

Rainbow - Contract work is good because sometimes you get hired on to be permanite. Also I was where you were at christmas time I went back up on my weight to 164 from 158 and I was stuck there for 3 weeks or 4 week but I didn't change my ticker you want to know why? Because it motivated me to get back down to 158 and I did. So I say you let it out what you weigh but I think you should keep your ticker right where it is and remember thats what your stiving to get to now.

Fromthebox - When he texts you maybe wait a while now before texting him? Who knows or just enjoy the fact he's texting you as long as he's making the contact most of the time you're pretty safe.

JL - I think I might have, and I have her tomorrow so I'm hoping its better by then! My trainer told me because of the way I'm working out I need to be between 1500 - 2000 calories in order to keep feeding my body the fuel it needs in order to complete the workouts I've been doing. You're dinner soounds amazing I can't wait to get paid tomorrow so I can finally eat a super amazing meal! also the happy faces are nice they add colour haha.
==
So a co-worker at works has an Uncle out in the Yukon he's going to try and talk to him to see if I can get a job out there! I'm stoked but I need to bug the co-worker constantly because I don't think he wants me to go out there but I don't care I have goals and plans for my future and if he doesn't help me I'll just find another way! because when there's a will there's a way right? right! My guy friend and I are going to dinner tomorrow I actually think I'm going to bail because I think he wants me to pay and no I want to save my money for who knows what...but eating out is not something I want to spend my money on so I'm bailing. This weekend I'm going to take new pictures of myself and get back on a dating website and start dating again. Fun times.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! TGIF! So I stepped on the scale this morning and I’m a little bummed. 75.4. that’s like 166lbs. it’s a loss. It’s about a one pound loss from this weekend but I’m kinda disappointed. It’s not even back to my ticker weight, which was two weeks ago, pre-binge. Honestly, I was really wanting to see 74.anything. waah waaaaah… eeeh, I know I’m complaining for nothing. Meh.

I’m really broke these days (even though I just got paid) and I have VERY little money to last me the next 3 weeks. On top of that, I was supposed to go to Tokyo again in 3 weekends (before next payday. I only get paid once a month, which SUCKS) and to be able to afford it it’d have to basically not buy anything for the next two week…. Including food! So I decided to try a little experiment… I have these packs of diet shakes at home that I bought ages ago… and I am being fed at school at lunchtime. So I thought, if I could deal with not having dinner and just a stupid shake, I could A) save money and B) lose a lot of weight! There are a lot of problems with this idea though, most of all, I simply doubt that I’ll be able to stick with it! haha… but in the event that I do… do you guys think it’s unhealthy? If I start eating dinner again in 3 weeks, will I suddenly gain weight back? All comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Other than that it’s Friday, yay. But my friend still hasn’t replied about Saturday. I’m kinda mad at her. she always does this to me. It’s like I’m always there for her when she feels miserable, but when I got something going on, good or bad, she’s never there for me. Urgh. Anyways… gotta stay late after school too cuz I gotta help my kiddies who are trying to interview for a special international high school. Oh and elementary!! How could I forget… lol. well, even though that sounds like a lot of CRAP for today, I am actually in a good mood and happy it’s Friday. Have a good one, everyone!!

Aww, krampus, big hugs!! Sorry yesterday was such a fail… but today is a new day AND it’s Friday!!

Miz, good luck on surviving the weekend! sucks about your friend and I can’t wait to hear how much you lost!!

Lupos, yeah, I have this guy friend I could ask to tag along, but then whenever I go out with him, nobody hits on me. I might even go by myself, but I’m still mad at her for not even replying to my damn mail!! Aww, you’re such a good older sister! And don’t talk to me about being old!! It’m 29!! *cries* yesterday one of my kids was like “how old are you?” and I said it was a secret and she said “I think you’re 23 or 24” and I was like “aaaawww!!!” hug. Lol.

Bunneh, vent, honey! This is what this forum is for! I know how you feel a bit, to some extent, feeling like you’re going nowhere really sicks. I just gotta keep reminding myself that I AM moving in the right direction, even if it’s at a snail’s pace

Rainbow, not really confident to GO alone, but I know that once I’d be there I’d be fine. It’s just that in my head I keep thinking “only sad, desperate girls go to bars alone.” Such a shame. There’s no such stereotyping for boys!! I’m happy to hear you sorted things out with your boy. and be good with the booze tonight!! I am watching you!! lol.

Supergirl, how cool is that when your appetite just goes with TOM. Lol. I would just enjoy it while it lasts and thanks for the advice too.

JL
, you’re such a trooper! And that sounds yummy, haha… hot dj might have invited me for himself! He always flirts with me though and it’s never serious, I dunno… but I think I have decided to go regardless of whether or not I manage to rope people into coming with me! Lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #97  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Kawaii - there is a stero-type for boys when they go to the bar alone...it's call a loser seriously haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #98  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Up 0.8 kg on the scale from the peanut butter. I should have put soap in it but I polished it all off. 250g of peanut butter in my belly sitting like a rock. Nothing to do but make today better. It's alarming that I feel so deprived and desperate eating 1500 calories a day though.

I go through this with peanut butter - I buy it and binge eat it and then say "no more" and then a month or two later I'll go "maybe I'm ready for peanut butter again" and buy it. It's like my abusive boyfriend or something.

Despite having a mediocre hair day, being late to work and having to take a taxi and feeling gross the morning after the peanut butter incident, I still feel okay. TGIF here and I'm going to see Helloween and Stratovarius after work tonight with a couple coworkers and a friend coming all the way from Hiroshima! It's been ages since I've been to a real metal concert and I'm SUPER excited. Also, despite having a huge breakfast and being bloated after the binge, my suit jacket that would barely button a week and a half ago is fitting nicely.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #99  
sugar is the devil

Krampus I had the same mind set about potato chips. "Oh, I'll buy this bag... portion only a serving out and have it every once in a blue moon". Nope, I knew I had it and I'd pretty much eat the whole bag in one sitting. Yuck - I felt so nauseated after. I tried this I think 3 times. The only thing I can do about it now... is seriously don't bring it in the house. Maybe that's your only option for now. By the way, what kind of peanut butter do you buy? Do you have peanut butter with added sugar and salt in it? Maybe that's your problem as well (if you do). I buy peanut butter with 0 sugar and 0 salt... just 100% ground peanuts. So if you have added salt, added sugar... your body is wanting to go back for seconds! If you do buy the added stuff, opt for natural and see how well you do with that. I don't think peanut butter is actually bad for you, as long as it's natural and you stick with 2 tbsp servings (mmm I love adding it to chocolate or vanilla protein shakes)

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-24-2011 at 09:34 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

JL I think my water intake has probably been a little less than normal, but I'm never that good with water. I've already drunk a litre of water today though (not much I know, but good for me...) so I hope that's good - as for you worrying about going over 1400, I'm similar...I always think it's really great when I get between 1200-1350...but that is usually because in my mind it means it's ok to go over a bit on the weekends hah!

MiZ Well then I hope my boyfriend's contract turns into something more permanent! I already moved my ticker haha. Since it's in kilograms, it's only up 1 kilogram from where it was, which I guess is easier to see than nearly 3 pounds...but I want to be entirely honest with myself. It's a process of course. Hope the new job opportunity works out for you. Good luck with the online dating and be careful!

Kawaii I'm going to be honest, I don't think the shakes are the best idea :/ Maybe for breakfast but not so much for dinner...I think you're possibly setting yourself up to binge...it might be ok to do it like every second day? I know you're strapped for cash but I think your health is more important and I don't think it's that healthy - but then again I'm no expert Just take my advice with a grain of salt - I'm only being honest because I care haha. I'm so sorry about your friend. I have a friend that makes plans with me and sometimes bails right in the middle of it! Like last weekend, she was meant to come to the party with me after we had dinner together, and we were waiting for a bus to get there when she decided she didn't want to go anymore so I had to go alone! URGH. I hope things work out! I am also glad it's Friday. And planning to be good with alcohol today - I hope to report back tomorrow with no stories of woe!!

krampus Hope you have a great time at the concert!!

Yay yay yay, just over 20 minutes left at work. A girl who used to work here came in to say hey before, I took over a few of her days when she left last March and it was really nice to see her and catch up with her - I love people like her that are so positive and just make you feel good about things...she has one of those infectious but not overly overpowering positive attitudes.
I have to get fast food for dinner tonight of some sort as my schedule is already very tight...I finish at 5.30, have to go home, shower, fix my hair and makeup and decide on something to wear (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR) and then hopefully feel good. Need to get a bus into town and meet my boyfriend. Somewhere in there I have to eat and I know there is nothing for me at home...so I might have to get something right after work - which is annoying because I know I'll get hungry later :/
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #101  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Sweet It was the all natural kind. If it wasn't peanut butter it would have been something else I'm pretty sure, but yeah. Not buying it again.

rainbowstripe Glad you got to run into that chick, sounds like she's a great influence on your mood!

KawaiiCandie Power on through today!

The weather here is REALLY nice, like 18 C/65 F and sunny and clear. I had my spinach/strawberry/cheddar salad and went for a long walk, stopping at the bank and then at the 7-11 where I got a chocolate ice cream sandwich. It was really nice to feel relaxed about it for once. There was no panicking, no taking 20 minutes to read all the calorie labels. Just "I want an ice cream sandwich so I'm going to buy the one that looks good."
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Thank heavens, I am done with work for the week. Extra tired, uncomfortably stressed, and on holiday from calorie counting. I already feel icky/bloated in the belly area.

Weird mix of feelings right now-- exhaustion from work, jealousy re: a friend's interview for the job I REALLY wanted, achievement with new job, defeat over diet, optimism for future diet/future learning @ work, and stress from upcoming moving plans, all at once.

I think I'm going to lay down now.

Krampus, you and are are just two peas in a pod. PB and I broke up last fall, after a torrid, hot and heavy affair all summer. I really feel for you.

Time for bed. Personals tomorrow. Thanks to all for listening. ZzzzZZzzz....
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Miz, you always make me laugh!

Krampus,
I wonder how many calories there are in soap? Omg, I know! It’s so nice our here too! Like 16C or something!! I don’t think I’ll even need my jacket to go home!

Krampus and sweet, I think it must happen to everyone on here. I do it too. I’ll buy a box of cookies and say I can have 2 a day or something and I do good for a while and then I have a bad day and polish off the whole box.

Rainbow,
hey thanks! Don’t worry, your advice doesn’t upset me at all, haha, and I honestly don’t really think I could do it for a whole week, but we’ll see what happens… yeah, friends who bail, suck. lol. have fun tonight!

Well, I’m done with my day, but I have to stay till…. Whenever, cuz I’m supposed to help the couple of kids who have to do an English interview for high school. *sigh* I don’t even know when that’s gonna be. Although they are already done with classes now so I might luck out and not actually have to stay late. But I haven’t seen the other teacher in charge of that and no kids in sight… hmmm….
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

URGGHHHH I just had all my personals typed out when I clicked the backspace bar and the page went back and I lost EVERYTHING.

All that to say I wish all of you the BEST weekend amid new dates, slight gains, peanut butter incidents, boyfriends, Yukon jobs etc etc.

Quick ones that I remember:
Lupo YES the soup is sooo good and easy. AllRecipes has a great Cauliflower Puree soup- low cal, easy to make in large quantities, and delicious. I don't even like cauliflower or most soups!

Kawaii I don't know about diet shakes, but I was on a kick for a while of having homemade smoothies for dinner. I still eat them for most breakfasts. Yogurt + whatever fruits you can find + honey. It's fresher than diet shakes, low calorie, and packed with lots of nutrients. I did it for about 2 weeks (not consciously- it's just all I craved) and I lost about 1.5 lbs. CORRECTION: Oh I DO know about diet shakes- I drink Slim Fast for breakfast a few times a week! A habit I got into in high school because I used to not be able to eat in the mornings. I wish I didn't have to drink them because they are not "clean" but I have acid reflux and sometimes in the morning it's the only thing I can stomach. When I can replace them with a homemade smoothie, I do.

---

Aside from being super bummed out all my personals are gone, yesterday was a good day calorie-wise. Even with one slice of pizza for lunch the rest of the day was totally in control and on-plan. Had great work-related interviews for the research I'm doing right now on contract that are due NEXT WEEK (eek).

Also a really intense yoga class this morning- one of the most intense classes I've had lately. I was completely dripping sweat everywhere to the point where the cleaning lady had to come around my mat and wipe the floor. TMI but it was seriously crazy- I've never sweated that much!

Down .2 lbs today haha to 130.6. Okay, whatever, I'll take what I can get.

Happy weekend all!

Last edited by indiblue; 02-25-2011 at 05:12 AM.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #105  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Nervous about a job interview on Monday. It's not entirely the job itself that worries me. It's how I'm getting back home. I catch the bus and the shift (given that I actually get the job) ends at 11pm. I have to travel from city to suburbs and 3 buses in the middle of the night and walk 30 minutes home from my last stop. Luckily it's only a couple weekends a month but, still I don't know what I'm going to do. I wish I had someone who could pick me up...

...Stressing about that led me to eat a hunk of yellow cake with chocolate frosting filled with trans fat, high maltose corn syrup, sugar and bleached, enriched flour. WTH!!!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote