Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies! I am feeling confident about getting back on the workout wagon after only getting one in last week! I have today off for President's Day so I'm hoping to get one in this morning and one this evening.

Kawaii- You are so gorgeous

Rainbow- Any BF updates??

Krampus- if you unlocked some kind of secret, please do tell!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am clocking in at under 1300 calories for the day. I went for a run for the first time since before Seoul, so about a week and a half. It was TOUGH - I'm getting over a cold and I ate sugar all weekend. A dog snapped at my leg. And then just as soon as I hit the "runner's high," I tripped over myself and fell and scraped both palms of my hands and banged up/bruised both knees. Ouch! I was able to finish my run just fine though. Probably went about 5K/3 miles, maybe a little more.

Running really kills my appetite/munchies feelings. My dinner was about 300 calories: a small piece of fish, a fried egg w/ketchup, 1 carrot cooked and chopped into tiny pieces to make it seem like more, and a mandarin orange/mikan/satsuma. I bought all these prepackaged snacks earlier - stuff like beef jerky, cashews, raisins, etc. but I wasn't tempted to eat them. I hope that lasts.

LindsB Kick a$$ this week with the workouts! Happy Presidents' Day too, wish I had that holiday off here. Maybe having a day off will help get you "in the mood" haha!

Kawaii Get you to bed, zombie girl. The purikura are SUPER cute! You look great.

rainbowstripe *big hug*

Icon Glad you're feeling better, stomachaches are the worst. So far no secrets have been unlocked.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #18  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Risssa – Calgary Alberta
Linds – This is a new week work out double time and you may feel better =)
Krampus – mmm gummy worms and that sucks that BC does that to you, what kind are you on?
Icon – lol I was just thinking the same thing! Haha but having a high sex drive and single is ugh bad for me lol.
Rainbow – Give him breathing room once this thesis is done I’m sure he’ll be good again.
===
I stopped counting calories this weekend I know Saturday I was over board since I ate out pretty much all day. And yesterday I was just lazy. So today is a holiday and I decided to work out to get a little extra money rolling in. I hate the shift 8 to 4, but I brought in my laptop and I’m going to play the sims all day haha.

I got excited Saturday night because I thought Sunday was my weigh in day…nope it’s next week I’m down to 6 days left. I feel like I’ve lost I would say I’ve probably past 155 in my weight but we shall see.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #19  

Holy cow! I'm resting in the middle of workout #1 of the day and it is killing me! Never again will I take a whole week off! This is ridiculous!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #20  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Morning Ladies!

LindsB You're so lucky! I wish I had today off. Good luck with the rest of your workout

krampus Good job with the calories and avoiding the snacks! I hope your hands and knees feel better. ouch. That's a good run! I'm slowly working my way up to that

I don't know if this is TMI, but I've been on BC for 4 years. I sometimes have the same problem as you, but it seems to be cyclical, sometimes my drive is higher sometimes it's lower. I'm considered getting an IUD, mainly Mirena, but my insurance doesn't cover it, which is BS. So I'd have to pay $800 and if I don't like it I'm SOL. I'm also afraid to switch BC because of possible weight gain. Also the procedure to insert it scares me.

kawaii You always look so cute in the pictures you post! I like your mantra too! I didn't lose what I expected to last week so I'm going to try harder this week. I wasn't hard enough on myself and ended up not exercising 2 days last week and that combined with V-day treats probably screwed up my loss. Soooo this week I WILL lose weight!

Icon Good luck in school! I have a little less than year and half left on my master's degree and I'm sooo ready to be done. I hope you feel better!

rainbow Hopefully now that your BF's thesis is done, you guys can have a good talk and sort stuff out. Hugs in the mean time

I've done the same thing, when I drink things that are bothering me come straight out. "Word Vomit" to quote Mean Girls.

Risssa I haven't tried gluten free, but honestly I couldn't see myself doing that. I love all things wheaty. That and usually I don't have problems when I eat stuff with gluten, it's more when I eat high fat or in larger amounts.

JL You're doing so awesome! What happened to your MP3 player?

I lost only .2 lbs last week. That's what I get for not exercising everyday and eating like crap on V-day. This week will be better, hopefully. I think I might try not to look at the scale everyday because it's TOM. I'm craving anything chocolate and cake like. More Vitatops for me.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #21  
sugar is the devil

Wow - seems like a lot of us are having boyfriend/boy troubles lately.

Risssa He has been trying to tell me about his dissatisfaction regarding my low sex drive, for probably the past month - saying how I wasn't as active/didn't initiate as much as when we first started dating. Well when we first started dating I wasn't on birth control. I then soon went on it and I guess after a few months of being on it, the hormones kicked in. I told him a month ago that I wanted to finish this cycle (I just started a new one) before I went off of it...

Krampus I too think my low sex drive is from birth control. I was taking Yaz and started hearing a lot of bad stuff about it - a lot of women getting clots. Made me think... when I wasn't on bcp, my menstrual blood was thing and bright (I know TMI). But then I go on bcp, and my blood is more of a dark-brown and really thick/mucousy. Got me thinking about if my menstrual is clotty; what's happening to the blood in my body? Another reason I wanted to go off, aside from the lower sex drive. I am too thinking about the Mirena IUD as it seems so much better (honestly, I am really bad at remembering to take the pill everyday). I need to do some more research about it.... I will probably end up getting it, I'm just waiting to see if it will be covered under benefits...

Kawaii For the past few days, he has been acting a lot better. More affectionate and being more communicative with his feelings. Been telling me how much he wants to be with me, wants to marry me some day, etc. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt at the moment as everything is still so fresh from what happened. I did tell him (as someone mentioned) - that I can't make him change, if he wants this relationship he has to be willing and wanting to change for himself. He said he knew that and he was going to... so we will see. I agree with the one chance thing If he didn't get the hint now, and does something stupid again... well he's never going to get it.
PS: I love love love those nails! And your eyes

Rainbow Has you're boyfriend handed in his thesis yet - the due date must be here now? Hopefully, now that he has time for you - you can talk about what happened and hopefully spend some more time together now.

Hmm.. so my trainer cancelled on my Friday morning as he woke up feeling sick (which was good at the time, considering I only had 2 hours of sleep). He texted me Saturday to ask when I was available to train and I replied... but never got a reply back beside a completely blank message. Texted him again Sunday and still nothing... today is a stat day so ugh, I guess I'll wait til sometime tomorrow and call him (he doesn't pick up tho - but at least he'll see that I'm needing to set up a date). I'm a very organized person and need to know ahead of time when I'll be meeting with him so I can start booking shifts for work this week... ugh.. I'm still going to the gym by myself tho - just want the extra push - trying to win $10000 here!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-21-2011 at 01:10 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

*yawn*

I am so droopy today! And it's already late afternoon.... where did the day go?!

rainbow-- Hope the talks go well. Congrats on the weigh in, btw!

LLBold-- Ahh, carbs and I have a love/hate relationship as well....

SweetPeach-- EEk, no fun being frustrated!! I'm still jealous. Got nothin' going on here.. hahaha

Krampus--Congrats on your successful exercise/calorie day! Are you ok after the fall?!

Icon-- Glad you're getting back into the swing of school. Hope your belly feels better soon! Maybe it's from stress?

Kawaii-- Love the pics! I like the idea of a mantra to repeat to myself... instead of the old "ohmygodyouresofat" thing. Positivity would probably work better... you're on to somethin'!

LindsB-- I hear you with the fatigue thing. I'm sOoOo droopy today. I'm also going to be aiming for a 2-part workout situation! Hopefully I can make it happen.. *yawn* Let us know how it goes!

Miz--I did all sorts of crazy eating out this weekend, too, but it was paired with a night of heavy dancing and I will be doubling workouts today. Oof! Hope you get good results on your weigh-in!

Lupo-- I haven't had much in the ways of losses, either. We've gotta come up with some sort of motivation, here!

SweetScrumptious
--How annoying! That would sooo bother me if he didn't return my calls. Good for you for getting out there to the gym and getting it done. Rootin' for ya to win the contest!

I've been reading a bunch of boring stuff for work today, and it's making me eeeeven sleepier.

Planning on double workout today: a short, quick treadmill run (maybe 2-3 miles?) and then a Bikram class. It's freezing and snowing outside, so the warm will feel nice.

I was pondering my plans for getting in shape for the summer/jump-starting my weight loss. I think once I use up my Yoga coupon (14 more classes to use by the end of March, so basically 3 per week paired with running), I'm going to change tactics. I might try getting back into incorporating group fitness strength classes along with the running, as the weather improves. I feel like I work harder in those group settings, and my strength training has been almost non-existent (unless you count the Yoga).

I've also been thinking about not obsessively counting calories anymore. The process of writing down everything I eat is almost making me MORE fixated on eating! Before I was doing the counting, I would just eat when I was hungry... but now I often find myself obsessing about how many calories I have left, and when I can have them. There was a time when I would just eat when I was hungry, stop when I was full, and had lots more time to spend on things like reading, etc. I wasn't wasting precious time looking up calorie counts, doing out the math, and freaking out about food. If I continue to purchase only whole, natural foods/mostly fruits and veggies, and no junk during the week unless I'm eating out, I could potentially have the same or better results without the weird behaviors. Just an idea... we'll see.

Allllrighty. Time to get this double workout show on the road. Then have to spend the night doing laundry and reading more work stuff. Siiiigh.

Hope you're all having a good Monday so far!

-FPSJ

P.S.
Had a NSV today... I went out for lunch with a friend to a burger joint. I got a side salad w/ vinagratte instead of fries, and we shared a small dessert. I was not over stuffed, did not eat past the full point, and enjoyed every bite. This does not take away the calories I consumed, but I'm really happy that I didn't go crazy. Seems like all I've been doing lately is crazy eating, so I feel like this is a teeny, tiny victory!

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 02-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I'll just update on the boyfriend situation first before I do any personals, kind of feel like I shouldn't be repeating myself haha. So after I found out all the stupid things I said...and that I made him feel like I was pressuring him to say/express his emotions because I was talking about it in front of his friends...I felt terrible. I know it was all stupid and by no means did I mean to make him feel bad in front of his friends and it's quite embarassing for me as well as him. We had this conversation on gmail chat while he was still at university...but when he came home I apologised properly. We hugged (which was really good because I was so scared that things had gone past that...but a hug always makes things right with us). I apologised really profusely but actually said why I was apologising rather than just saying I'm sorry. We talked about the possibility that my little "problem" with alcohol is making a return - there was a time earlier in our relationship where I would binge drink to the extreme every weekend...I think what I need to do with alcohol is actually limit myself like I usually do and have been doing due to the calories - and then actually stick to that limit. I'm also pissed off at my boyfriend's friend for buying me so many drinks and kind of ... taking advantage in a way, in that he knows I can't handle that much alcohol...but then again, he was drunk too and I should still be able to say no, regardless of how much I've had to drink.

Anyway, so things with my boyfriend are fine. I told him I need to keep trying to remind myself and learn that he'll find his own way of expressing his feelings so that I don't feel unloved etc, and that in the meantime I need to respect that he won't use the 3 words - and I need to get past that because it can't ruin our relationship.

Tonight we're going out for dinner as he hands in his thesis at 12pm today (it's now just after 11am). I said I'd take him out somewhere so that should be nice. I feel like I still owe him for being such an embarassingly drunk girlfriend. But things should be good now. I'm going to go to Zumba after work and we'll probably go out for dinner around 8.30 - now I just have to find somewhere that I can afford to pay for both of us!

Kawaii Yay new phone!

krampus That is one odd dinner combination, but glad you feel good about it!

MiZ I can't believe you can play Sims at work.

Linds Hang in there! It may seem way harder, but the fitness picks up again quicker than you'd think.

Sweet Hope your trainer gets back to you, that would frustrate me a lot.

FPSJ Was the salad with a burger as well? I would feel so deprived just eating a side salad...but then again, I probably would have gone for the fries, they are my number one weakness.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #24  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Sweet – ah the trainer cancelling. My trainer told me if I don’t give her 24 hours notice before canceling I’m gonna be charged a fee. I can’t wait until she cancels on me for the day so I can be like oh look you’re not giving me a free session on top of the one you just canceled on ha. Good luck with winning the 10,000 =)
Fatpants – Oh the double workouts are such a pain! I always tell myself I’ll do them after a night of eating crap and I never do haha. I like an hour today oh that was good why continue on :P Also congrats on your NSV today haha now that I know what the heck it means :P
Rainbow – I’m glad you and the boyfriend worked it out, as for sims haha I can only on the days it’s a holiday and I’m in because I know no one is in so I’m going to do what I want.

====
As for me it’s home time in 10 mins I figured I’d check this out since I’ve been gaming all day and post before I get home and realize no internet again. But this time if my landlord isn’t home I’m just going to flick on and off the power to reset the box. Happy Monday all.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Linds, good luck getting back on the workout wagon!! i need to do that myself! haha... i bought these really cute legwarmers last weekend, but they don't fit my fat calves so i was like "noooo!!! must start working out again!!" lol.

krampy, thanks! i do so love puri! <3 oh noes! you okay? but great of you to get back into running! maybe it would be better to work out before eating then if it kills your appetite? i can never do it though... i need to eat before or i have no energy to do it... well done!

lupos, thanks! i think last week was NG for everyone, eheh... why don't we make that our forum mantra for the week? lol. we can do it!!

sweetscrumptious, oh, well i'm glad. yeah, just take things slow, grain of salt and all that. and good luck! and thanks for your nice comments about my pics i do love getting my nails done! haha, these are ridiculously long though... lol.

FPSJ, yes! positivity is much better! i did lol at thinking of someone repeating "omgyouresofat" as a mantra though... haha. yay NSV! yeah, writing down everything just made me crazy too, so now i just "approximate". it's probably why i'm losing weight slower, but it's definitely helped my sanity. lol. try it for a while, see if you like it.

rainbow, oh, i'm glad to hear you worked things out! plus he's handing in his thesis so the stress from that will be gone too. good things all around! go crazy in zumba!

morning all! well i'm feeling much better today! although somehow i overslept this morning and so i didn't have time to wash my hair and it feels so gross!! lol. hopefully, nobody will notice... i put it up in braids and pulled the bangs back.. lol. anyways. still in love with my new phone. yay! today is also no classes so it's chiiiiiill. gona go study some japanese for a bit. have a good day all!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #26  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Probably too good to be true, but I had a 3+ lb whoosh overnight. I was 58.9 kg/just under 130 lbs yesterday and I am 57.4 kg/126.5 lbs this morning. You bet I was hopping on and off the scale going "SERIOUSLY?!" for a good five minutes. !!!!!!!! So like you do, I'm wearing a belt on my waist just because I feel like I can. I feel more motivated than ever to keep eating right and keeping up exercise, though I think pushups are gonna have to wait until the road rash on my hands eases up.

Thanks for the concern, I'm fine after my fall. Just scraped/bruised knees and scab/rash on my hands which will be fine in a couple days.

Today I'm going out for Korean BBQ after work with a friend. Shouldn't be too hard, 1 order of beef and 1 order of veggies and I ought to be good.

KawaiiCandie I'm glad you feel better today. I am really picky about when I run. It basically HAS to be after work, before dinner, or I just won't do it.

rainbowstripe That's really good you guys talked and sorted it out. The embarrassment will fade away before you know it. I'm really happy you two are okay and that the thesis is finally over!

FPSJ Congrats on the social eating NSV - I know how hard it is to control yourself when you're out to eat with friends. And I definitely echo your sentiments on the obsessive behavior/writing everything down, all that thinking about calories just makes you hungrier!

SweetScrumptious Hmm, yeah I also wonder about alternatives sometimes. I have been on the same BCP (ortho tricyclen low, or its generic equivalent) since I was 17 (I'm 24 now) and I'm just so used to it/comfortable that I dunno if I am willing to change. My TOM is muuuuuch lighter when I'm on BCP which I like.

lupo $800 is a whole lot, argh! I am also hesitant to change since I've been on the same BCP for a while. .2 lbs lost isn't so bad at all - at least you lost rather than gained!

LindsB I thought the SAME thing while I was huffing and puffing and coughing through my run yesterday!

MiZ Extra money is always good - 8 to 4 is my whole life, haha
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #27  

MiZ Ah ok that makes sense haha. I am seriously considering getting my Sims game out again, though I'm sure there are a million other things I should be doing!

Kawaii Yeah I think things are still not 100% but I don't think it will be an ongoing terrible thing like I thought... I wish I had been able to oversleep this morning! I did, but only by like 5 minutes and I'm totally with you on the hair thing haha...I had to tie mine up and wash my fringe (bangs) because there was no point washing everything with Zumba tonight!

~I am a hungry beast today and I don't know why. Sunday I only had 700 calories and yesterday was 1150 so I'm thinking maybe it's that that has left me extra hungry? All I know is that after my pre-Zumba banana, I'll be just under 800 calories for the day because I caved before lunch and went and bought chocolate milk. Usually I aim to be at or around 600 before dinner...and with going out to eat tonight I'm kind of worried about going way over! But I figure my deficit from the past couple of days means I could probably safely eat up to 1600-1700 hundred today...
I do not know anything other than my hunger right now (and wanting the next 3 hours to pass quickly).
Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #28  

krampus Sorry I was dilly-dallying around with my post and didn't notice yours haha. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope the embarassment fades...I feel so stupid and am kind of not looking forward to whenever it is I see our friends again...they're probably wondering how he forgave me haha. I am really glad the thesis is over too! Congrats on your low weight! And Korean BBQ - oh man. I was trying to figure out if I could eat it last week, but I know the place we usually go to is pretty oily - I usually order the pork and it's so good but so oily, I haven't had it since I started seriously calorie counting...so that's over 7 months.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #29  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I've been at work since 20 till 6 this morning, and it's now almost 8:30. I want to go home, however I have to dispatch these crews. Thanks, giant snowstorm sweeping across Ohio.

Sigh.

AND, both of the highways I take home are closed. SO. Um. I guess I will be taking... an airplane.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #30  

Whew I have to say my cardio workout was much better than the circuts I was doing early today that caused my near death experience (or atleast that's how it felt!!!)

FPSJ- Did you get your two workouts in?? Any less droopy?

Rainbow- glad to hear that your BF problems are a thing of the past

Krampus- Lucky bi*ch with your 3lb woosh!