Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #91  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I say both usually, Bex, plus a million others,

Aw, geeze, my roommates are passing sob stories back and forth in the living room. Talking about what they were "supposed" to be doing now, and where they "should" be in ten, fifteen, etc as if they know it won't happen. Talking about how they are done at 35 if they don't have their careers/etc figured out by then. What the heck?!? So you aren't married with kids right now, so you are still trying to figure out what you want to do, where you want to go with your "career", stop focusing on the "suppose"s and focus on what you can do NOW.

Argg! I am tired of listening to this negativity!

That's it, I'm interrupting them. Even if I have to smack 'em in the back of their rather drunk heads to get 'em to focus!

See you all tomorrow, G'night!

----Edit----
Ugh, I survived it... barely.
No smacking of roommates either, do I get a gold star for that?
Well, it only worked half of the way. I got them to work through their thoughts on their lives, but they started bringing up religion and so I ran. That is one dangerous hot button!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 08-16-2010 at 10:54 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #92  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hope your night turned out okay Zan. Sounds like a total pity party. This is why I love living alone...

I did my last C25K run this morning. It was nice and cool and I felt great about it. I'm interested to see how this week's weigh-in goes. I've been pretty good about the exercise, but I've also dipped into my weekly points every day this week, which I generally try not to do. It would be great if I can keep losing while using them, but if not I"m going to have to buckle down a bit.

Today was still not as productive as it needed to be, and tomorrow I'm helping out with the first years' orientation all day so hopefully tonight I'll finally be able to bang out the paper I need to finish before I go out of town.

Hope the rest of you are having a good day!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey lovely ladies. I have been in bed all day. Migraine. I feel like such a whiner so I am leaving it at that. I got the Beck Diet Solution book yesterday. I think it is just what I need. My issues with food need to be dealt with if I ever want to reach goal and especially if I want to maintain it. It isn't a diet plan. It discusses cognitive therapy and how to train yourself to not give in to cravings and falling off plan. I think it will be good for me.
Anywho, it has been a seriously off plan couple of weeks. But I refuse to give up. Msgeng-way to go on c25k. I am so proud of you! Bex-hope work isn't slowing down the healing too much. Zan-you totally get two gold stars. Way to go. I would have slapped 'em. Well, I hope everyone has a great day. Thinking happy thoughts.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #94  
Warning 3FC Addict

Yeah, that was basically the boiled down version, Coh, so it cooled down after I went to bed for the night (helped by a loud floor fan and some soft tunes piped into my ears by my handy ear buds - I know how to zone out drunken roommates, as long as they aren't the bouncing off the walls kind, that set I had to take the day off the next morning for.). Yeah, I am almost to the point where I could afford to live on my own, but I'll take it easy until I get a non-temporary position.

Grats on the run! And send some of that cool air here. FL had a heat advisery again today, so no crazy outdoor exercises here. Good luck on getting that paper done!

Let me know how the self-training goes, Ade, that stuff is always really interesting to me. Though I like to read about it more than practice... defeats the idea, don't it? Keep going, Ade, you can do this, it's just tough in spots, but it sure sounds like you are focused by all these new ideas you're bringing up. How's clean eating going? I rather like staying away from the boxed stuff myself, except for cereal. Odd how I didn't like eating it before this lifestyle change, but now I like it as a quick dry snack (some Kix or a low-point flakes and clusters cereal).

So, dentists use lasers now, that was a surprise! I just got back from mine and the right side of my face is still numb. But I prefer the loud poppin' noise to the old vibrating drill 'o' death. Makes me a little less nervous. Ah! My soup's getting cold! G'night!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #95  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I had a 2lbs gain. And I'm upset. BUT I stayed for my meeting and the lovely ladies there cheered me up, asking how many exercise points sex is! LOL! And it could have been worse. I had a sprained ankle. I could not exercise. My boyfriend also thinks there may have been some sort of water retention cos of the swelling or something. Anyways, onward and upward...or downward lol. Going to go for a swim today to get some exercise in. Actually a little bit excited!!

I feel your pain with annoying room mates Zan. I want to strangle mine on a regular basis. Haha. We are just organising our place for next year at the moment and its very difficult to know who to live with. What sort of prices do you guys pay for rent/board?

Hugs to all you lovely ladies xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #96  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hm. 1st and 2nd place I stayed (Melbourne, FL), I paid $400 a month for a room (that included rent, use of the washer/dryer, fridge and cabinet space, shared bathroom, and wireless internet and utilities) so about 562.21 NZDs. The place where I am at (switched cities, so I imagine that affected the pricing), I started in a room for $425 (597.52 NZD) with the use of the same things as the places above except I have to pay a third of the electricity bill so another $30 to $40 (42.18 to 56.23 NZD), but then I got to move into the master bedroom when the landlady moved out, so now I get a bathroom to myself, so she upped my rent to $500 (702.93 NZD) a month.

So yeah, I rent rooms out of people's houses, and it's gone well so far. Drama will always happen, but it's cheaper than the $650 plus (913.73 NZD) to rent a one bedroom apartment. Another plus to just renting a room like I am is that I can just leave whenever (no lease, yay!) which works great as my job is not quite stable, haha!

So that's the lower price range for eastern (10 to 15 minute drive to the coast) Florida, Bex.

It's a minor set back, Bex, but it could very well be a bit of water weight like the boyfriend said. Just keep on working at it like you are, it should be gone next WI if you play your cards right.

Edit: Oops! Silly American, I thought you were in the UK for some reason. /facepalm. I'll fix this... one sec. I like playing with the currency converters... Wow... I know I really sound like an idiot saying this, but it looks so much more expensive in New Zealand Dollars. :blush:

Last edited by zanheltangia; 08-17-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #97  

MORNING!! I'm soooo happy this morning. No migraine! Woot!!! It's kind of funny on days after a migraine, people say I'm crazy happy. They are right. I just feel so much better (obviously).
I literally stayed in bed ALL day yesterday. BF works 4 buildings away from his house (where I was) so he brought me lunch (bad, bad lunch), put the crock pot food together for dinner, and even came to check up on me around 4 to get me water or anything else I needed. I am spoiled, that's for sure. Sweet guy.
bex-first thing when you said you had a gain I thought of some sort of retention, especially if it is swelling. Don't let it get you down! we are rooting for you! How was the swim?
zan-I love the idea of clean eating. But I've been off track completely (diet-wise, not just clean eating-wise) for about two weeks now. That's why I got that book. So I'm working through the tasks and gonna give myself a clean slate, get over falling off the wagon, and kick some serious @$$ in the next couple of weeks.
I feel kind of silly reading all these sayings and such every day, but I'm gonna give it a try. It is definitely interesting.
Have a fab day all!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #98  

Oh---my favorite saying so far is "I can be thin. or I can be loose with my food. I can't be both."
Kinda something I need to train myself.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #99  
Warning 3FC Addict

That's definitely something to keep in mind whenever the, "I want to munch on something" feeling comes. Need vs Want is tough!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #100  
bex

Oh Zan you are amazing! I wasn't expecting you to do all the conversions and everything!! Hugs to you!! Its a lot cheaper here by the sounds. I guess it all works out though. Maybe you guys get paid more than us or something. Relativity is key!
My friends and I just applied for a free flat next year. So hoping we win. No rent for a year! HOW SWEET WOULD THAT BE?!

Yay Ade! So glad you're happy! The swim was actually good. Pretty painful after but I was nice to get some exercise in!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #101  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just started WW last week Monday. I'm not actually paying for the program; my mom is in it and I'm using her materials since I'm not working right now and have no way to pay.

I get 28 points a day and after a week I was down almost 7 pounds!

This week has gotten off to a rough start cause it is TTOM. I've use more than half my flex points in the last 3 days, but hopefully by tomorrow of Friday my appetite will have gone back to normal. I'm also gonna get some activity points in by doing a workout video tomorrow and then some swimming friday.

anyway, just wanted to say hey
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #102  
bex

Hi!!
Its always lovely to have some new faces around here!
Tell us a little bit about yourself hun. And well done on the first week! Thats incredible!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #103  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

I did WW online last summer and did well. Now I'm back at it again but I'm doing it on my own this time.
armywife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #104  
Warning 3FC Addict

Wow, I would love free rent for a year, Bex! (sign me up too! Just kidding, )

kcx and armywife88!

If you have the materials and want to do it without meetings or the website, go for it kcx and armywife88, I've dropped the meetings a few months back myself because they weren't doing me any good and were just a pocket drain at that point. Grats on the 7 pounds, kcx! Glad to have you both,

Pull up a chair and chat awhile,
Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #105  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

Well I guess I'll go ahead and introduce myself.

My name's Christina. I'm 22. I've been married to my high school sweetheart since 2006. We have a son that turns 5 next week. My husband is in the army. We're currently stationed in Germany. I've been losing weight since Feb of 2008. It's been slow and has had ups and downs, but I'm down almost 60 lbs. I still have another 60 or so until I'm at my goal weight.
armywife88 is offline   Reply With Quote