Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #61  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Word to the thrid in regards to beans in chilli.

Back from the beach, and it was awesome. The weather was perfect the entire time. Yesterday I did my first week 8 C25K run along the beach road! And, I have a fantastic suntan.

Today my mom's trainer is coming at noon so I'm going to join them, which I'm excited about. I'm hoping she'll be able to recommend some things I can do to reduce my thighs and butt once I get back to school. Then later I am going to IKEA, so wish me luck. I'm pretty good about controlling what I put into my mouth now, but I've still got a long way to when it comes to what I put on my credit card!

Zan, congrats on the new weight decade! What are the rest of you up to today?
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #62  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Interesting.

I've learned to be very cautious of ordering chili in restaurants. I ended up with something that resembled tomato paste and pulled pork mixed together once... gross!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Morning!
MsGeng, glad you had a good time and the weather was lovely. I love IKEA. I can't wait to have my own place so I can shop there!

It's been a rough 18 hours. I had my gyno appt last night. Went just as expected. And as soon as I left I started getting a migraine. Took my imatrex, but it didn't work. From 6-8 I went back and forth from asking to die and just begging for sleep. Finally drifted to sleep. Still groggy this morning, but I'm not asking to die, so that's a step. I'm kind of pissed. They told me to stop taking the pill and my migraines would get better. Ugh. Guess that was for nothing.

Trying not to be a downer. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #64  
Warning 3FC Addict

If you don't mind my asking, how often do you get those, Ade?

It sucks, but yeah, even the doctors can't say with a 100% certainty that something will get better or not.

I want a darkened room, cool wash cloth, and silence just thinkin' about migraines.

Take it easy, Ade, I hope you won't be plagued with another one any time soon.

Thanks, Coh, it felt like it took forever for the scale to notch down a decade.

Well, I'm back at work, with little to do again (Even tellin' my boss about the lack of work didn't add much to the pile, so I am stretchin' the bit I have to appear busy despite everyone knowing that I am not).
Old 08-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #65  

I usually get a bad one when I get my period. And maybe once or twice the rest of the month. But I'm not on my period and this one was horrible. And it's lingering (not full blown right now, but could come back at any moment). I'm just so over them.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Ashley - I have suffered from serious and frequent migraines in the past and a few of my triggers are TOM, caffeine, and dehydration.

I was always taking Imitrex and sleeping even in the middle of the work day.

A few days before my period is supposed to come, I always start taking 2 Aleve and a magnesium pill twice/day (per my doctor). This regiment works WONDERS and I think I've had 1 or 2 migraines in the past year...compared to 5 or 6 a month before that.
Hickory0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #67  

Thanks, Hickory. I just stopped taking the pill 2 weeks ago, so I'm still hoping it helps. I just started going to a new dr. gonna give this a couple more months and see what happens. I'll be out of Imitrex soon, so I'll have to go back anyway.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #68  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Hope you're feeling better Ade!! Hugs to you!

I went out for a few drinks last night, was texting my bf and fell over. I have never been in so much pain in my life. My ankle is twice the size as it should be. Almost fainted on my way to the bathroom before. I'm pretty sure its broken. I am SO angry. I was doing so so well but this is going to holt my weight loss for me for a while. Any ideas of exercise I can do while I cant walk!? I am soooo angry and frustrated.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #69  

Thanks! I'm feeling much better.
bex, so sorry to hear about your ankle. Do you go to a gym? They might have one of those arm cycle things (no idea what they are called, but like a stationary bike but you use your arms). Just don't turn to food! Food + emotions = bad. thinking good thoughts for you.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #70  
bex

I do go to the gym. That is a good idea!! I will see. There are secret places in my gym lol.
I think I will be the opposite as far as food goes. Like I get 23 points a day and usually use 20, but given I cant exercise I'm going to try and stick to 18ish. I'm just upset cos I was doing so well and right on track
Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #71  

You can also ask the staff. I'm sure they will be able to help you somehow. I turn to food, so that's probably how I would handle this. Good luck. Just keep in mind how far you've come. That will help you at least maintain!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 AM   #72  
bex

Its not broken. Just severely sprained. I have to have a couple of days in bed with my foot up and lots of codeine. :P
Will try and get some swimming done on Monday. Start my job on Monday too. STRESS!!! Everything hurts and I'm super depressed
Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #73  

aww bex I'm sorry! Hang in there! Swimming is a good idea, forgot about that one. We are rootin' for you!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #74  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Oy! Bex, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. At least it's not broken! And sometimes it can be nice to have a day or two in bed on codeine...

Ade, your headache sounds awful too. I hope they find some combination of meds/ lack of meds that words for you. My college roommate got bad migraines and whenever she felt one starting she'd take a really strong sedative and sleep through it. Is that something you could do?

Zan, I hope work picks up a bit. If not, did you ever check out Radio Lab?

I was going to go for a run this morning, but I woke up and every muscle in my body hurt. I literally didn't even want to roll over in bed! So, I think I'm going to take it easy today, maybe take the dogs for a walk by the lake.

I went to my mother's meeting with her last night and I was down 1.6 lbs for the past 2 weeks, which is super exciting since I was traveling and drinking and eating more than usual. It also makes me wonder if I could use a few more of my weekly points and still lose? And, my mom got her 5% goal last night!!! I am really proud of her.
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #75  
Warning 3FC Addict

Nope, work is still slow. At least bossman will be out next week, but that still leaves me with the two coworkers in the office (unusual, so no semi-blasting of music - Oh poo!), and I really loathe twiddling my thumbs - it slows the day down and saps my energy for post-work-fun!

Bex, rest it up! You'll be back on those feet again soon, so take care of your sore ankle. There's no need to rush it, and injuries always heal better when given the chance to do so, so create a little mental vacation and get ready for the new job. Be careful that you don't pare your points back too far, less food doesn't always bring a loss okay? Good luck! [Edit: Hm, did that sound bossy? I was meaning well, I swear! *eHugs!* I hope that ankle heals sooner than usual! ]

Well, My brother has been in and out of surgery (sent me a text about going under the knife last night, and a "I'm Fine" text this morning, talk about insensitive! That boy had me worried like crazy for most of last night and this morning at work!). We hadn't spoke in a few weeks, so that was a shocker! So, good bye to his appendix. I plan on driving to his new place and seeing what I can sort out for him since it will take a few weeks for the boy to be a 100% again. Probably do his laundry and get him some real food (well, compared to his usual diet of pasta roni and hot dogs, real food really is not that specific!). But any little thing he'll let me do will make me feel better (when added to seeing him living!), so yeah, still a bit freaked!

That's my Thursday so far, hope it's been calmer for you all!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 08-12-2010 at 01:00 PM.