3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *Adios to the 150 and 140s!* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/204958-%2Aadios-150-140s-%2A.html)

shasha12 09-02-2010 11:06 AM

quick post.... 150.6 again this morning. No loss at all! annoying. I'll be back later for a proper post :D

rschroed 09-02-2010 12:18 PM

Shasha--no loss is better than a gain! I always feel like it's my body's way of saying "we'll give you that loss you expected today *tomorrow*, even though you won't necessarily feel like you deserve it as much."

For me: 158.4 this morning, and happy to see it. Just under where I was when I went scale-free two weeks ago. Looking for 157.8--a tiny little mini-goal of mine--because it'll take my BMI to 23.99. And if I'm not 24.xx I won't feel like I'm "barely in the healthy range" (which is def how I feel now).

R

tuende 09-02-2010 03:42 PM

rschroed, you're brave for getting back on the scale after some time, especially since you thought the number may be up a bit. That's great that it's lower than you thought! I still haven't gotten back on the scale yet! You're so close to your mini goal now!

Sasha, thanks for the encouragement! My 20-something syndrome comes from that fact that I know what I want to do, I just don't know where I want to do it. I'm a teacher and I love it, but I go and have these amazing adventures, then they're over and I come home and inevitably feel a little lost. I come home and feel like I've taken steps backwards, if that makes sense. I'm starting to realize that my current life at "home" just isn't satisfying to me and now (unlike before) I'm actually willing to do something to change it. Turns out this is a lot scarier than feeling like you're stuck in whatever rut you're in. This is where my predicament comes in- there's a whole huge world out there and I just don't know where or how I'm going to fit into it. Obviously a lot of things are factoring into this, but I'm glad to hear that you came out of a 20-something crisis as a better person! Also, what happened to your back?

fivestone, I definitely know what you mean when you said "I just want this fat off me. Now." I feel like I've been working for this new body for so long, I just can't wait until I make it happen! We have similar numbers and I definitely have the same feeling as you when I look in the mirror: I still feel big. At my high weight (about 90 lbs ago) I would have given anything to be here; I think my mind still hasn't caught up to the changes in my body :).

So I've been doing well the last couple of days and I think I might get brave and hop on the scale in the next day or two. I've been avoiding it because it's been so long and I'm a little scared of the number, but if I'm getting back into the weight-loss journey with maximum effort, I need to be able to measure my progress and the scale, as much as I hate it, is the best tool I have. Ug...
I also went on a job interview today which I'm pretty excited about. It's for a long-term sub job for a kindergarten class that has no teacher (there's apparently not money in the budget to hire a permanent full-time teacher). Because school already started this past Monday, I'm sure if I get it it will be quite chaotic, but I also know it will pale in comparison to the kind of insanity that was an ever-present force at the school I taught at this summer! Chasing after 5 year olds all day has to burn some calories, right ;)!

shasha12 09-02-2010 07:51 PM

fivestone, congrats on getting into the size 8s! is that a US or a UK 8? i feel ya, i definitely just want this fat OFF me. your hubby makes me laugh... men don't like change, do they?? maybe just remind him that you aren't getting skinny, you're getting healthy ;)

alicia, i do the same thing with the scale!!! if i don't like the number, i try to ignore it :) my weight seems to bounce around A LOT though. I've heard that it's quite normal to see daily fluctuations of up to 4 or 5 pounds. not that u neccessarily have that prob, but for an interesting read, i found this post on it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...my-weight.html

rschroed, that's a good way of thinking about it... my bod's gearing up to shed some lbs... hopefully that's the case. woohoo on ur 158!! u are well into the 150s :hug: down from there in no time!

tuende, that's a pretty cool problem! i'm a big fan of change :) have you started thinking of where you are going next? good luck on jumping on the scale tomorrow, i hope you get some good news there! and dude, good luck with the job. kids are exhausting, i think you're right, you would lose a few getting used to that chaos. OH, and my back... i've had sciatica for about a yr now, but it got super bad the end of may. i started PT in june, and i could barely do the stationary bike for 15 mins without awful pain. soo glad i'm healing!

soooo, scale showed no loss, as i said... so i went back and looked at old posts, and it turns out that if i'm restricting myself to 1200 calories (I am), I don't lose weight very quickly. I'm much more comfortable around 1500, which i often declare, and always ignore once i start losing weight (i think it's because i get excited and want to lose faster, so i drop to 1200 cals). Also, for some reason I do better when I have a daily treat, which seems really weird to me (i imagine... maybe it keeps me on track enough to stay within calories). And finally, i sometimes binge when the scale is mean to me... which brings me to today... i was soo tired heading to the gym (prob those low calories from yesterday), and i really sweated it out once i was there. then, i don't know that i was necessarily thinking about the scale, but i came home from my workout and ate some chicken and vegies, AND 2 cupcakes!! and they were goooooood :dizzy: i feel a little guilty, but i also kinda don't care (calling it my daily treat i guess).

SO this post is as much for my reference as for anyone else's reading pleasure... i'm changing my weigh ins to Sunday mornings. i'm upping my calories to 1500!! and allowing for a little treat within those cals!! also, i am going to have one 'cheat' meal a week. aaand, i'm trying this for 3 whole weeks before making any changes! wish me luck ladies :D

Alicia87 09-02-2010 10:23 PM

156.5 this morning! Dang... oh well, tomorrow will be better!

rschroed 09-03-2010 12:13 PM

shasha--HUGE believer in keeping the calories high-ish and only occasionally dipping, to lose weight. I believe in the cheat meal, too, and fully intend to have one tonight--nothing TOO crazy, just a salmon sandwich--but with a few garlic fries!

tuende--you know I weigh every day (again now)--it's the NOT knowing that would be making me crazy, in your shoes. But I do support waiting until you're back on track to weigh, especially if you're number-sensitive (that number on the scale has less power over my day than it used to, but still much more than I'd like to admit). Good luck on getting the job, though--and yeah, I bet there's a HUGE fitness payoff in hanging out with 5-year-olds!

And great attitude, Alicia--and the attitude is what makes it true, right? So hooray for tomorrow!

For me: weighed in at 157.6 this morning! Was excited enough that I made my ticker (themed around the holidays, since my goal date is January 1st). BMI 23.96--I'm under 24/squarely in HealthyTown!

I love these times when you feel like you have momentum; it makes everything SO much easier.

shasha12 09-03-2010 05:53 PM

rschroed, that is AWESOME!!! yay for momentum :D and congrats on the ticker!! so fun

boots 09-03-2010 09:21 PM

so I'm pretty much not budging from my 155-159 all week (morning/evening weights). I traveled over last weekend for like 3 days, I got home and was very tired, so I ended up ordering pizza on my husband's request and I ATE HALF OF MY PIZZA THAT NIGHT! (and it was stuffed crust....*sigh*) So I'm currently just grateful I can still post in this thread after that little bad incident the other night....I don't know when my health-ego will recover from it. I did SO WELL on the trip only to come home and do that! /facepalm

tuende 09-04-2010 04:48 PM

Hey girls. Happy 3 day weekend! Anyone have any exciting plans?

sasha, I like your new plan of attack! I get so annoyed tracking everything, but it helps sometimes to look back and try to figure out patterns. I'm thinking maybe once I start exercising regularly again, I might up my cals a little. I do the same thing as you- I feel like the lower I go the faster I'll lose, but that idea usually ends up being counter-productive for me. As for me, I have no idea where I'm going next! I've been looking into international schools for a while- there's these agencies that have big job fairs in the winter. I've also been researching the Peace Corps. It seems kind of hippie-ish and you don't really get paid, but I am kind of hippie-ish and it would be an awesome experience! Also glad to hear your back is feeling better!

rschroed, I am definitely "number sensitive"- that's a great way to put it :). I tried daily weighing for a while and it kind of made me crazy, although I think it did help me be accountable. For the time being, I'm going with the "ignorance is bliss" approach! Congrats on meeting your goal! That must be a great motivation and the ticker is so cute.

boots, even if you didn't do great when you got home, I think it's still great that you stayed on plan while you were traveling. That is no easy task!

Well, I haven't gotten on the scale yet. I kind of ate a bunch of junk last night, so I'm in avoidance mode (still). I've been having a weird issue with numbness in my shins and the tops of my feet and it is strangely affecting my work-outs. Working out really helps me feel empowered an motivated, so once I can get back to that more hard-core I think I'll be in better shape. I am also having some SERIOUS sugar cravings which is making things difficult. Has anyone tried (or knows anyone who has tried) the P90X? I'm thinking of making the investment since I can't really afford a gym and I seriously want to get rid of these last 20 lbs. Any thoughts?

rschroed 09-06-2010 11:24 AM

OK, now *I'm* being number-sensitive. I went to get on the scale this morning, and felt how heavy all the soup and cereal and chocolate I had yesterday still was in my digestive system, and said, "Nope." (It hasn't been such a good weekend, needless to say.)

I'm a little fragile, just at the moment, and I don't want to try to handle seeing a number over 160. So we'll give my system some time to catch up. And today I'm determined to have a *really* good day so that tomorrow won't feel like this.

katylil 09-07-2010 09:34 AM

LALALALALALALAAAAA I AM DOWN TO 149!!!!!!! LALALALAAAAAAAAAA :D (thats me singing cos I'm so flipping happyyyy!!!)

My weight hasn't been this low since I hit my teens!!! Thats 6 years ago and AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!! SO ridiculously happy right now. My next aim: Hello 145!!!! :)

PS. sorry I've been kinda AWOL, I just moved into a new flat and we haven't hooked up the internet yet! :)

Alicia87 09-08-2010 12:00 AM

Yay katylil!!! That is SO exciting!!!

I haven't weighed myself in a few days, I'm getting back on the scale tomorrow though, as well as back on track. I'm tired of life lately, lol.

mickletoe 09-08-2010 01:57 PM

Hi everyone ...thought I would drop a very quick line...I noticed so many new post and I have no time to catch up with them right now but I am finally back to what I was b4 vacation...next goal a 30 lbs loss....4 lbs away.. my goal to accomplish this by the end of september....attainable ...yes... I can do it :D Good luck on everyones goals ~
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StephanieM 09-09-2010 10:51 PM

I'm sneaking back in :) I've literally been bouncing between 160.0 and 160.08, it's frustrating because I just want to see a 5 instead of a 6 after that 1!

But today, I weighed in at 158.2, so hopefully this means I stay down here and I can finally join you guys :) This thread is the most exciting to me because it's the last leg of my journey. I hope I can stay here this time!

therex 09-10-2010 05:40 PM

i am FINALLY 156, i haven't been this thin since high school, i am excited to be here.. but also to move on.