Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #106  
The Last 10lbs!

Thanks Bex!! Hope you warm up soon!

Edit: Just did W1D2 of C25k and got all the way through! I started cramping in the first run - even before the first run actually - and it stayed with me all the way through but it wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday's. I wish I knew what caused it. When I ran last weekend with my boyfriend I didn't cramp like this so I hope it is down to the difficulty I'm having with breathing because of my cold, and then it will go away once I'm better! Not going to run for the next two days because I've got training for the summer school we're having here in a few weeks but I will hopefully do some weights tomorrow night and then take Wednesday off.

And oh my, do I go red in the face when I run! Especially because it's so hot outside I think. The rest of me is a normal colour and then my face is the same shade of red as the maple leaf on Canada's flag. It's TERRIBLE!

What are you guys up to today?

Last edited by freedomreins; 06-28-2010 at 11:24 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Freedomreins!! I am losing motivation and didn't even weigh myself this morning. I didn't even think of it once! Gotta get back to it! This week will be my first week of evenings by myself. I have been doing SO bad every time I have been home alone over the past week. I am kind of scared but I have to make it my time. Yesterday was great as far as actually getting stuff done and not just watching movies or stuck on the internet (it was like 102 out yesterday so I stayed in). I got tons of cleaning done. I wanted to give my husband a fresh start for his first day at the new job! Yay!

Anyway, back to C25K today. I am so glad I use the treadmill since it will be 105 today!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #108  
The Last 10lbs!

KayNicole, I think we posted at the same time! I find I do far worse when my boyfriend is around than when he isn't here - funny how people can be so different eh? Can you make it 'personal' you time? Like paint your toenails, maybe do a hot oil treatment on your hair, have a nice long bath, etc? Those may not be a good idea though because it sounds like it's really hot where you are (super hot here too, especially for England!). I love doing those little things for myself, and it makes me feel quite good about myself too. I wish I had a bathtub in this flat! I haven't had a nice bath in aaaaages!!

Good luck with your run today! You can do it!!

Last edited by freedomreins; 06-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #109  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I've got a tub at the place where I rent, Freedomreins, and there is nothing worse than being too big for it!!! (tall, e.e) Weightloss sure won't help there!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #110  
The Last 10lbs!

LOL I have issues with tub length as well (usually have to prop my feet up on the end) and I'm more than 2'' shorter than you so I can imagine you must have some trouble folding yourself into it!!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomreins View Post
KayNicole, I think we posted at the same time! I find I do far worse when my boyfriend is around than when he isn't here - funny how people can be so different eh? Can you make it 'personal' you time? Like paint your toenails, maybe do a hot oil treatment on your hair, have a nice long bath, etc? Those may not be a good idea though because it sounds like it's really hot where you are (super hot here too, especially for England!). I love doing those little things for myself, and it makes me feel quite good about myself too. I wish I had a bathtub in this flat! I haven't had a nice bath in aaaaages!!

Good luck with your run today! You can do it!!
I think my problem is I am eating out of boredom. I have been dealing with silly mental blocks. 1) we don’t have a second car yet so I feel stuck like I can’t do anything. Which is silly because there are tons of projects around the house I could be doing. 2) it’s been super hot out which only contributes to me feeling stuck inside. I really feel like once I get the car my silly mental blocks will go away. I will be signing up for fitness classes and getting out of the house more. I am sure that the indipendance of having a vehicle again will help me get out there and really start using my time to my advantage! I was even thinking of joining our local running group! Which is scary to me since I live in such a fit town. BUT I know there are people of all sizes that join them so no excuses!

Oh and my face gets SUPER red too. Don't worry. I have always been that way though. If it is cold out or hot out my face is bright red. I always was so embarrassed by it.

Last edited by KayNicole; 06-28-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #112  
Warning 3FC Addict

I feel like I am doing yoga most of the time I soak, or I end up sitting indian-style with my legs crossed, which leaves me wondering why I even bother!
I think Tubs have shrunk as I grew, there's no other explanation!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #113  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. I just finished my third week 2 run for C25K and it felt A LOT better than the first two. I'd like to think it's because my level of conditioning has gone up, but I think a big part of it is because it was pretty cool out this morning.

Either way, I'll take what I can get...

KayNicole, do you have a bicycle? I know it's hot out, but it it's relatively flat it's doable. I've been biking everywhere since it got warm out, and it's great because you get where you're going, and you can count it as some exercise. That might help give you a little more freedom until you can get a second car.

Freedom and Zanheltangia, I only know this because my parents are in the process of redoing one of their bathrooms, but the new trend in bathtubs is actually giant soaker tubs, which are both longer and deeper than than the current average. So the future is looking bright!

I'm hosting game night tonight and I'm hoping to get out of work early enough to bake something. Any ideas? I was thinking of trying to do some kind of healthy fruit tart thing.
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #114  

Ms GenghisCohen- I do have a bike. It needs some work on one of the breaks but otherwise it's ok. The only problem is I live on the outskirts of town so it's about 5 miles to the grocery store and about 6 miles to the downtown area. It isn't horribly far or anything but the things I want to get to (gym or fitness classes) are on the complete other side of town about 10 miles away. BUT I do like just getting out and riding around the neighborhoods. I saw an article yesterday that women who rode bikes for even just 5 minutes a day were less likely to gain weight over a 20 year study. I should be biking to and from work. I walk right now. I know biking would be quicker but I just hate biking in my work clothes. I wish I had the ability to store some clothes at work.

Have fun with game night!! I haven't tried this recipe but a friend gave it to me. It sounds good!
Mixed berry cream tart
http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/Reci...ream-tart.aspx

Today there is a retirement potluck at my office. I have already vowed to stay away from the sweets table completely! I skipped my yogurt this morning trying to save my calories for lunch! :/ There are 3 ladies in my office who are dieting right now so I think I will just stick with them and we will encourage each other to make good choices.

Last edited by KayNicole; 06-29-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #115  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I had a 400gram gain yesterday, (Thats about a pound) pretty gutted. Specially cos I worked super hard last week. My body is mean :P
But back on track now.

Also going to CAT STEVENS IN TWO MORE SLEEPS!! I am more excited than ever. Listening to/watching the dvd I have as I type this with Father and Son (my absolute fav) on SUPER loud.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 AM   #116  
The Last 10lbs!

Don't worry about the gain bex, it could be anything from water retention to sore muscles (since you worked hard this week, as you said) to just eating a lot of salt the day before (even if you don't realize what you ate had a high sodium content). I fluctuate by full pounds in my weight quite often and put on exactly one pound of water weight on the day my period starts so I usually know what day it's going to come! I'm sure you'll definitely have a loss next week!

Everytime I hear the name Cat Stevens I think of the show Californication. Have you seen it? There's a dog in it called Cat Stevens (briefly) and that makes me laugh. Have fun!

Ms GenghisCohen, I love that those soaker tubs are becoming popular! My mom and stepdad have a triangular corner-of-the-bathroom tub that I've only used once but you can sit up in it and still be almost entirely immersed. So nice! And it has jets. Most of the time it doesn't get used, except to hang my mom's feeding clothes over (for doing the horses in the morning)!

Yesterday was BAD. I had TWO things of pastry as I was at a Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable People training day for the summer school I'm working at this year. I'm almost glad I had two when they were offered though because lunch was AWFUL and tasted disgusting even though it was just finger foods. It was like someone had gone to Iceland (frozen food shop) and just thrown everything on the table. I had a salad in the evening to make up for it but I 'scheduled' my TOM for this week since July is going to be such a manic month so that didn't satisfy me nearly as much as I was hoping.

More training today but now that I know what's coming I have a plan. One pastry and very little of the lunch garbage, including lots of pineapple!

Have a good day today everyone!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

I gained 2.5 over the last two weeks but I was on a weeklong cruise and I definitely let myself go a bit. It sucks but I'm back and I'm ready to start losing again.

Worst thing is that my hip hop aerobic teacher is gone for the rest of the summer so no more classes. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet--it was during the perfect time for me. :/
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #118  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

So game night went really well, both foodwise and otherwise. I had popcorn and seasoned cucumber slices as snacks for while we were playing, and in between Scrabble and Scategories I served the frozen key lime pie from the WW Hit The Spot cookbook. It was really good, and looked beautiful! I did have 2 glasses of wine instead of 1, but overall I think it could have been a lot worse.

KayNicole- How did your potluck go?

Bex- I also love Cat Stevens. Lucky girl!

Freedomreins- Sorry the lunch they're serving you is such crap. Could you pack your own food to take with?

Rayosun- That's too bad about your hip-hop aerobics teacher. Have you considered zumba? That's my favorite exercise class.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #119  
Warning 3FC Addict

Yes, I love that trend!!! Though that sure isn't a feature on starter homes (and that's where I'm renting at now).

I'm still getting used to having a connecting bathroom all to myself, so I think I might be searching for a nicer tub the next time I move, .
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #120  

Bex- Have fun!! That sounds like it will be a blast.

rayosun- I feel ya. I have been bouncing all over the place on the scale lately. Quite frustrating. Don't worry about it and just let it be motivation for you to keep at it.

Ms GenghisCohen- Thanks for asking! I did OK, not great but OK. I dished up no more than a rounded tablespoon of each dish. I skipped the KFC fried chicken. I had quinua and corn, asian chicken salad, tortellini (no sauce), 2 potstickers, 2 pcs sushi California rolls, pasta salad (but I went for the peppers and olives since it was a starch heavy buffet), 3/4 cup chili. Wow that sounds like a lot but it was one side bowl for the chili and the plate with no food touching, I hate that. I didn't eat breakfast and had roasted red potatoes, corn and 3 small ribs with no sauce for dinner. So I think my calories were still pretty up there for the day but not as bad as it could have been!

So I really need to stock up on healthy recipes. Most everything I make well is not that great for you. I do have a few really good recipes but I need more so I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately. So far I have been pretty impressed with the flavor in these low calorie meals. I guess we usually have the perception that low cal means no flavor. Hahha.