Old 06-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #16  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Ab! Down 2 pounds, goodbye 220s and that daily point! It'll be odd to write 29 on the top of my tracker.

Welcome Kath!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 06-02-2010 at 09:01 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/174/135

Height: 5'5''

thanks!
jkatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #18  
Warning 3FC Addict

I really need to get my butt back into the gym!

It's annoying, I want to walk, but I spend all day sitting behind a computer (work). But then I get home, and poof, no energy.

I wish I had a decent lunch break to use for walking 'n' eating,
Old 06-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #19  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Whoa, yeah! Happy June! Time is flying by!

rayosun, I did make banana bread. 4 loaves of it. And I gave away a bunch to my neighbors. 50 bananas is kind of a lot! (flickr photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/theresac/4660252477/)

abluvion, it's awesome that your boyfriend is supportive! My husband's been sort of so-so. 'You can eat as healthy as you want, but I still want mayonnaise and french fries." But yesterday, a good (and honest!) friend told him that he'd gained weight and needed to keep an eye on things. So-so turned into supportive overnight!

Lackie and jkatherine, welcome!

Plan-wise, I don't seem to be changing. So I've found where I need to be for maintenance, but that doesn't help me at all when I want to lose! At least I've broken the cycle of gaining a pound or so per month that I've been living for the last few years. I'm trying to figure out a good way to step up the exercise, but it's proving much harder to find time than I was expecting.
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

yay, zan! great loss! i feel the same during the day, being sedentary. i just want to exercise instead. i get home, nothing. bah.

theresa, holy bananas! remember weight loss is 80% food choices, 20% exercise - are you certain you are counting points correctly, staying on plan, measuring things properly? maybe you are underestimating just a tad too much, causing you to maintain? good job not gaining for sure, but so early on I'm tempted to think your food still needs a little tweaking.

Doing well here. A little tired, had people over last night for way too long for a weekday. I'm such an old person, I like being in bed by 10:30 Made a super tasty thing for dinner last night from a Cooking Light cookbook - deep dish taco pizza. It's 7 pts for a big piece and nom nom nom... so good. Tonight will be cottage cheese pancakes. The boy is out with his boys tonight so I'll be here on my own - maybe will get a workout in...
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #21  
Warning 3FC Addict

Deep Dish Taco Pizza? How many servings?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #22  

6 in a 9x12 pan, so they are hefty servings. It's super easy but definitely benefits from the addition of a side vegetable.

1lb lean ground beef or turkey
1/2c chopped onion
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes with chiles
Taco seasonings - a couple tsps total. I use chili powder, garlic, cumin
Refrigerated pizza dough - the roll-out pillsbury kind. If you can't find this, you can use the croissant dough that comes in tubes.
Cooking spray
1c shredded low fat cheese

Preheat oven to 425

Put ground beef and chopped onion in a pan and cook til beef is brown and onions are soft. Drain can of tomatoes. Drain off fat from the beef. Put tomatoes in pan with beef and add seasonings. Heat through.

Spray a 9x12 baking dish with spray. Roll out dough into it. Spoon beef mixture on top. Bake for 12 minutes. Take it out, sprinkle cheese on top, bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

Divide it into 6th and it's 7 points per piece. NOM NOM NOM

Last edited by abluvion; 06-04-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #23  
Warning 3FC Addict

Oh, delish!

I really want a slice now, , haha!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanheltangia View Post
I really need to get my butt back into the gym!
Me too! I just have no motivation with my buddy on vacation and it is super hot out here. I just wish I could get off my lazy bum and be excited about it.

Thanks for the welcome!

Abluvion : That pizza looks delicious. I might have to try to make it I love the taco pizza from Godfathers, but will not spend the points to getting it.

AFM: I get to go home in 5 days! I love being home because it is somewhere that I know where I can exercise and I know the food by heart. I will be there for a month so hopefully I can get a good chunk of weight off.
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

I weighed myself this morning and I've hit the mini-goal that WW set for me (it was 201.8, I'm at 201-even) when I first started. It's not official until Wednesday but I'm very happy!

I tried the slimfast shakes and I don't really react to them well. I have issues w/ cow milk (I don't really want to say I'm lactose intolerant, I can take skim but bleh) and I just realized that those shakes have whole milk in it. I did like that it kept me going through nonstop classes until dinner time so I'm wondering if there's an alternative without the milk.
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackie View Post
I get to go home in 5 days! I love being home because it is somewhere that I know where I can exercise and I know the food by heart. .
I sure know what you mean there. It's so easy when you are somewhere you just know, isn't it? I don't lose as well anywhere else but at home. Good luck and have a safe trip back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayosun View Post
I weighed myself this morning and I've hit the mini-goal that WW set for me
yay!!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayosun View Post
wondering if there's an alternative without the milk.
All slim fast is (in my opinion) is a sugar-laden protein drink. The sugar in there gives you fast energy, the protein helps slow down your absorption of everything else. You could certainly make something at home to replace it if you like the idea of Slim Fast. Unfortunately you lose the grab-and-go aspect, but it's not hard to whip something up if you have the right tools. I have a hand blender and throw protein powder in soy milk almost every morning to keep me going through til early afternoon. Takes 30 seconds. Tasted a little weird at first but so does slim-fast til you get used to the taste right? I enjoy them now. Might be worth looking into to find a powder you enjoy.

Well, today is official weigh-in day, and I am down another 2 lbs! I am thrilled. I've NEVER had this kind of consistent, fast weight loss (2lbs a week is fast for me. I am used to fractions of a pound). I don't know if it's because my body really wants it off, or I am being extra diligent... Dunno what I'm doing but I'll keep it up So the wedding I need to fit into a dress for is in 6 weeks. I've lost 7lb in 3 weeks. Both my boyfriend and I agree if I can lose 15 I can come real close to fitting in that dress. I actually think I can do this! Maybe I won't have to get it altered! Wheeeee! (I'm a happy camper this morning.)

Hi freedom, zan, bex, and everybody else - hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #27  
Warning 3FC Addict

I am so excited for you, Ab! You can do it!

Ray! Whooohoo!

Lack, I've been using the excuse that my back hurts (which it has since late Wednesday) but that shouldn't stop me from walking at least! I don't know. I'll have to figure out a way to make myself go. I just don't have any ideas other than wearing workout clothes to work, But that'd be out of dress code, though I think it would work, haha!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone! I am new to the chat threads but thought I would start joining in. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #29  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I had a really bad weekend eating wise but managed to lose 1.1kg which is 2.4lbs. STOKED!
13.3kg or 29lbs all up now.

How is everyone? I'm in a good mood. And FREEZING!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #30  

Kay - Welcome!

bex - congrats!! that is fantastic! i bet you are thrilled

doing well here. today's a run day, and the weather is only in the 70s so it will be nice and cool. also walking to the post office at lunch for a little extra something. I am contemplating the feasibility of hoping for a 2.6lb loss this week to get me to 200.... a 3lb loss would get me in the 190s AND make 10 lb lost in one month. Hmmm I don't want to set myself up for disappointment or anything but a girl can dream!