Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #31  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

abluvion Good luck!! When is your official weigh in day? Positive attitude actually makes a big difference I think. Let us know how you go!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

My official day is Monday. so I have a while to get there! i peeked this morning too and saw 202 even - if I don't fluctuate up much over the week I might just get down there! Here's hoping

I went for a run tonight to help things along - ran for a half mile before having to stop to walk some (I'm not a very good runner but at least I get out there)! I have never in my entire life been able to run a full mile so that's what I'm working towards for now. Our total trip was about two and a quarter... pretty good distance.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

I look into the powders, because yeah what I like is the ease of slimfast on a day where I go for 6 hours with barely any breaks in between.

Weighed myself, I'm at 202 instead of 201, but hey I hit the 10lb milestone. It's basically been a month since I started WW again so looking at the big picture is encouraging.
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #34  
The Last 10lbs!

Hi everyone! Congrats on the losses and the determination to exercise and everything that's been going on since I was last here!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. My boyfriend and I went flat hunting and it was incredibly disappointing. Our budget is high for the area we live in now but we've since discovered it seems to be pretty low (which we sort of expected) for the area we're looking in. The places we saw were so disappointing, one was covered in mold, one had a disgusting bathroom, and the other had terrible furniture and a funny smell. The lettings agent was a total moron as well, he didn't even introduce himself to us, basically just opened the door and let us into the flat! And he couldn't answer any of our questions either. I'm always so disheartened by the lack of customer service people have these days. I worked in retail for years throughout high school and over the summers I was home from university and always prided myself on how I treated people and greeted them and helped them. Why can't I find people who value being nice these days?

Sorry, rant over. I didn't eat that badly while I was away but definitely ate more than I should have. Eating no flex points for a few days seems to get me back on track so that's the plan for today.

Best of luck for the rest of the week everyone!!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #35  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

That sounds really crummy, Freedomreins. I hope you have better luck (either with another agent or your own searches).

Ab! You are so close to Onderland! !

Congrats on those 10 pounds Ray!

Woohoo, bex! Great loss, .

Kay!

Did I miss anyone? Well, I've got WI in a few hours. I don't know what it'll be because I have been crazy thristy today and already had over 6 glasses of water. My hunger has been wicked today and yesterday, since TOM won't leave me alone. Ugh!

Happy Wednesday!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.

Freedomreins- sorry to hear about the flat hunting. Looking for a new place is something I always dread. I live and work in a college town and move often since I can't seem to find a place where everything works out! Oh and I work in customer service so I know what you mean about being annoyed by the thoughtlessness and lack of courtesy in people sometimes.

Well I am feeling good today. I have been doing the c25k training but I keep repeating week one since I have had knee problems in the past and don't want to over do it. Week one is pretty easy now so I am really looking forward to moving on to week two soon! Yay.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/209/140

Hey y'all! I'm new to WW and was wondering if we have to eat all of our Weekly points?? What about activity points/??? Or will not eating them speed up our loss??
kristilinn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:44 AM   #38  
The Last 10lbs!

Weighed myself this morning and managed to maintain this week - thank goodness! I'm happy!

Sorry I missed you out on my post KayNicole. Welcome to the thread, thanks for joining us! We're moving to a college town (okay, well, like THE college town alongside Oxford, lol, we're moving to Cambridge) and the flats we looked at were definitely student standard. I've lived in student housing the last four years and we're ready to move on and be adults and not live in a place with broken furniture and mold on the ceilings! I just hope we can find something. Well done with C25K, I have never attempted it but I think you're probably quite smart not to push yourself too hard with your knee. Good luck!

Hi kristilinn! I eat all my flex points and though I don't usually track activity points I'm sure I eat them too, and though my losses have slowed down now because I'm nearing goal, I originally lost 20lbs on WW about two and a half years ago by eating every available point in sight and then some! I think you need to try eating all of them and if that doesn't produce a loss, cut back by 5 per week, or don't eat your activity points, to find your 'sweet spot' for points. I'm of the mind that the more I can eat while still losing the better! Feel free to join us here on the thread to keep us updated of your progress!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #39  
Warning 3FC Addict

The only thing you HAVE TO eat is your daily points!
I tend to creep into my WPA each week, a couple that week, five this week, and oh my, 16 last week. I still managed a .6 loss with the 16 WPA, so it just depends on your body.
(When I lose I range from -4 which was nice to -.2 which was fine though not impressive )
So it is up to you on how you plan to use them Kris!

Well, it's Thursday again.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #40  

Freedomreins- I hope you find something. My husband and I found this adorable house that had never been rented out to students. It was so perfect for us but my husband lost his job 2 months after we moved in so we didn't get to stay there. Boo

C25K has been fun so far even though I haven't really gotten very far yet. Tonight I am going to start week 2. It seems that most people felt week 2 was easier so I am looking forward to it!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #41  
The Last 10lbs!

Is C25k a DVD Kay, or just a podcast thing?

Hi to everyone!

Still maintaining over here. Can't wait to see 150.# on the scale though! Hopefully next week!

I am making this for dinner for my boyfriend and I as he is coming here this weekend. It is from the BBC Good Food magazine which is, as far as I am concerned, like the make-awesome-food-at-home bible without all the crazy ingredients required by other cook books or food magazines. I thought I'd share as a serving (it makes 4 and I am going to half it) works out to only 3 points!

Mexican Chicken Stew
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp chipotle paste (I am going to use a chili instead)
400g can chopped tomatoes
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 small red onion, sliced into rings
a few coriander/cilantro leaves for sprinkling
(took me ages to discover that coriander and cilantro were the same thing!)
corn tortillas or rice to serve (not counted in points value above)

1. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 mins until softened and starting to turn golden, adding the garlic for final min. Stir in sugar, chipotle paste and tomatoes. Put the chicken in the pan, spoon over the sauce, and simmer gently for 20 minutes until chicken has cooked. If the pot becomes too dry, add a splash of water.
2. Remove chicken from pan and shred with forks, then stir back into the sauce. Serve with some red onion slices, coriander, and tortillas or rice.

I'm sure you could add any other vegetables to this stew as well. As it is, it's already one of your five a day! If you don't like the bite of onion served raw, cover the onion rings with a bit of salt and let them sit for a few minutes, then rinse and drain them, then sprinkle with a bit of lime juice (optional). This is a great trick and I use it on a curry chicken recipe and they taste excellent!

I always like finding new recipes that work really well for WW. This one has 203 calories per serving and only 1g of saturated fat. I have posted the recipe as-is but you could definitely do the onions in water instead of oil or less oil or even oil spray

Hope you're all doing well!

Last edited by freedomreins; 06-11-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #42  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Yay for everyones losses and welcome to the newbies!

Have you found a place yet Freedom? It took us so long to find our current place. Was definitely worth the wait. And I totally agree with you about people not being nice. I've worked in so many retail jobs and I pride myself on being lovely to customers. Would be nice if everyone had that attitude!! :P

I am severely hungover today. I had my last exam of the semester yesterday so celebrated with a bit too much gin. Oops.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #43  

@freedomreins- C25K is a podcast, or rather a training program that someone made podcasts for. Sometimes the music is a little weird but I find I don't really pay attention to it anyway. Oh and thanks for sharing the recipe!! I love cooking and love getting new recipes! I will have to find one of mine and share it.

@bex- congrats on finishing off the semester. Hope you feel better soon

Well I did my first day of week 2 on the C25K training yesterday and I made it! Yay! I didn't think it was too bad. I am thinking MAYBE I will actually move on to week 3 after completing week 2. hhhaahaa

Last edited by KayNicole; 06-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #44  
Warning 3FC Addict

Woohoo, Bex! Oh, maybe I shouldn't be cheering so loud, Feel better soon!

Congrats on week 2 of your exercise program, Kay! That's awesome.

Well, I've been chasing after doctors this morning. One is on vacation, and I have to wait another half hour before I can even leave a message for the other. I feel accomplished though, .

It's becoming routine, so that is something promising.
I got rid of one of 'em too!

Well, I got another two weeks of WW meetings and WIs until I am officially on my own. I caved into the so called "sale" my meeting was having on WW 1 point bars and smoothies. I got four boxes for about $20, and the money-saver in me cringed , but I want to at least try the one box of chocolate smoothie with the 1 point per serving almond milk I found, and the bars will turn into mini snacks until they run out.

How is everyone doing this very sunny (and hot in FL) Friday?

The weekend awaits us all!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #45  

@zanheltangia- thanks!

It is a beautiful day here in California although it is very windy, but I don't mind. I am really looking forward to the end of the day as I am on vacation next week! No plans to go anywhere yet. Our original plans have changed since my husband has to work the weekends But hopefully we can get out for some nice hikes!