Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #76  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hi Girls,

I'm home at my parents house for the weekend, which makes things more difficult, but so far I've been doing okay. Bex, I totally feel you on the nibbling. Luckily my mom actually just started on WW, so yesterday instead of the normal cocktails and and cheese plate we had light beer with popcorn and baby carrots and pickles. Tonight the whole family's coming over for a Fathers Day BBQ and I'm going to make some kind of low points salad. Any ideas?

The parents have an awesome blender, so I've been making this really good smoothie that has a packet of WW chocolate smoothie mix, a banana, about a cup of coffee and some ice. It is super delicious and has a whole serving of milk, a whole serving of fruit and a whole serving of caffeine. So yummy!

I'm still sick and haven't gotten much exercise, but I'm thinking of starting the couch to 5K running plan next week once I'm feeling better. KayNicole, are you doing it with the podcasts? And, if so, how's the music?

Stellarwbz- I think my first month I lost about 5 lbs, so it sounds like you're doing great!

freedomreins- I like the purse tupperware idea, but how big is your purse?

I hope you're all having a good weekend and a happy father's day!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Ms GenghisCohen- I am using the podcasts and I highly recommend them. I am one of those people who doesn't push myself nearly as hard as I would push myself for someone else. Having a podcast that tells me what to do when and for how long makes me WAY more successful than I would have been without it. The music is a little technoish at times. I didn't think I was going to like it but I think it actually helps me forget about how much time has passed or how much time I have left. Overall I don't think it's all that bad. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Stellarwbz- Congrats on your loss! I lost 8 lbs in the first month. Now I am pretty much stuck in the same 3 lb range since then. The scale is such a roller coaster for me.

Last edited by KayNicole; 06-20-2010 at 12:10 PM.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #78  
The Last 10lbs!

Hey everyone! I was pretty bad this weekend - cookies, chips, drinking, etc. Oh dear. I lose my motivation on the weekend and feel like, well, if everyone else is eating this stuff and they're not chunky, why can't I? It's a bad frame of mind, and also because I don't eat the stuff during the week (usually), weekends can be like a free-for-all. I seriously need to stop that!

In other news though, my boyfriend quite likes running and he's taken to running around the field at the park near his house so we went up on Saturday to try to burn off some of our alcohol calories from the night before. It was pretty good, and I was surprised at how much I could actually run. I jogged half the laps (5/10) and walked half, alternating of course. I am SORE today which makes me happy too, means I got a good workout in! I think I am going to take up the C25k thing because I want to be able to keep up with him and one day I'd love to run a 5k with him and training for it together would be great. Just have to build up some stamina first!

Kind of dreading the weigh-in tomorrow but will do it and be accountable for my bad eating this weekend. This is a new week!

Hope you all had a great weekend - and I hear you guys about the nibbling while you're not at home. That's exactly what I did this weekend and what I tend to every weekend I'm not at home!!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #79  

Freedomereins- I am so happy to hear you are thinking of the C25k! I really like it. Although I am super bummed that our club house equipment was ALL not working today. There were wet dirty bare footprints on the treadmills like kids had jumped on them after the pool. I really hope they didn't break everything. But nothing was working although everything was plugged in. I even looked for on off switches but nothing. I really don't want to hit the pavement but I might have to.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #80  

OK our workout equipment is fixed! Yay for my husband who figured out it was the fuse. I did my C25K W4D2 workout and didn't make it through the last 5 minute run again. I will be repeating this week. I started the 30DS workouts too but I can't make it through it without cheating yet. I WILL get there. lol

How are you all doing?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #81  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Feeling a bit lazy, but still OP.

I need to get a treadmill (probably a used one off of craigslist) so that I won't have to worry about carrying a pair of gym clothes or whether or not the darn gym is actually open.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #82  

How is everyone doing? I made it through my week 4 C25K workout for the first time today! AND I passed up a beautiful cake at work today for an apple. Good day!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #83  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

How is everyone?

I am back at my house with my lovely boyfriend and my kitten. Feeling better about everything after having a 1.3kg (2.8lbs) loss on Tuesday!

Is anyone following the football world cup? New Zealand is actually doing really well, which is quite unexpected. Not usually a soccer fan but am staying up till 2am tonight to watch us play Paraguay. Quite excited.

Anyways I should be on here everyday from now on, 2 weeks of holidays to work out and catch up with my favourite friends on the other side of the world aka you guys

xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #84  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hi Girls,

I'm in a good mood because a) I finally kicked this cold, after like 3 days of not being able to talk and almost a week of generally feeling like crap, and b) I broke down and got an air conditioner for my bedroom. The kitten and I are sitting in bed right now enjoying the frosty air and having a cup of coffee.

I have my weigh-in tonight and I'm hoping it won't be to terrible. I've been pretty good about food, but haven't exercised since last week other than the occasional walk and biking to and from lab (an arduous 1.5 mile trek). Now that I'm feeling better I'm motivating myself to start C25K in the next day or two.

On a somewhat exciting note, while I was home the mom insisted on taking me shopping to get clothes for a couple of professional meetings I'll be attending at the end of the summer and I'm definitely fitting into smaller clothes! I got size 10 pants that are on the loose side and a dress in an 8. It's kind of nice to have to ask for the next size down instead of the next size up.

Bex- congrats on the big loss!

Nicole- I'm in awe of your willpower.

Hope everyone's having a good day!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #85  

Bex- congrats on the loss!

Ms GenghisCohen- glad to hear you are feeling better!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #86  
Warning 3FC Addict

Oddly enough, a receptionist wanted me to come by Saturday and help the office cheer for Brazil, Bex.
Odd, 'cause I don't do the sports-watching thing.

Awesome loss, Bex!

Now I just need to get my act together. Time is running out when it comes to meeting my early July goal of staying in the Overweight BMI range. I'm half-way there, as I usually am plain ol' overweight in the mornings but come food and the whatever the day may bring, I am back in the Obese range at night, ! It's the night part that I track my ticker by, .
Old 06-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 250/250?/Happiness

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to everyone's willpower and weightloss that I've read about recently. It's so encouraging to see all that success!

This past weekend, we had some friends stay with us and it turned into just a big crazy party with lots of drinking. I haven't had that much to drink since the end of the semester and I can't believe the difference I felt the next morning. I've been waking up these past few weeks feeling pretty rested and not too bloated and able to getting into my favorite jeans easily again. But Sunday morning oh my god I felt miserable. I didn't even think over the past year how much all that alcohol could be throwing off my system. Wow. I'm betting it stalled some of last week's weight loss but due to my broken scale at home I'll never know. Anyway, its just made me reconsider that behavior.

This week: I've been trying to graze throughout the morning and afternoon instead of buying/taking a big lunch. Wow it's worked for me so well. Not only have I saved a decent amount of money, but I feel less of this need to eat a big meal because I'm snacking throughout the day. Today I brought a banana, a cup of cut up strawberries and 20 ginger cat cookies from trader joes and my water bottle. All together 7 points and I have stayed full and been able to fix cravings fast (snacking right now on some) and haven't spent any extra money.

Anyone else tried grazing rather than having breakfast and lunch as larger separate meals?

I can't wait to get a new scale (that won't break when I move again) and see my results of this week.
broadwaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #88  

Broadway- congrats on the healthy snacking! I have been trying something similar. I have been taking carrots, celery, yogurt or fruit with me for breakfast and then a small lunch. Sometimes I get the veggie delight at subway with no condiments. Then dinner is heavier in calories but I still try to stay healthy. Sometimes I hadn't prepared for my day and ended up eating leftovers which is much higher in calories than I want for lunch. I just need to get better about planning ahead.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 250/250?/Happiness

Height: 5'7"

So very true, KayNicole. These past few days have been really good because I've planned ahead (something I hope I can keep doing)

I've got a full rehearsal after work so unfortunately I may not be able to buy a scale tonight but I'm really dying to! Hopefully I'll be able to today or tomorrow and finally see if what I'm feeling is showing up in numbers too.
broadwaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #90  
Warning 3FC Addict

Yeah, I used to be one of those who either skipped or ate junk for breakfast. But ever since I started bring something to work for breakfast (7am/8am), I've become one of those nibblers at work.

Not quite M&Ms and candy like before, but oat bars and low point snacks around 10am/11am then lunch at 11:30/12 or a little later depending on how large the snack was, . Then I'd hit up the snacks at 3:30, and eat dinner around 5/7pm, and if I had points left over another snack after 9.

You'd think that the scale should be rising instead of falling, but if I stay low on the WPA it seems to work okay for me.