Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

OK here is my recipe! Sticking with the Mexican theme (I love Mexican food).

Lime chicken soft tacos
* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
* 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/2 lime, juiced
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
* 1 tomato, diced
* 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
* 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/4 cup salsa

1. Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
2. Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.

Serves 10 and about 200 calories per serving.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #47  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Hm. I might have to get crazy and actually throw together a 'real meal' this weekend You guys are being rather convincing with the recipes!

I've been living off the basics since December (plain chicken breasts, plain rice, raw veggies and fruits, beans, basic single serve or microwave meals, etc).

I want to throw together a sheppard's pie or something similar that I don't mind reheating later.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 06-11-2010 at 03:14 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #48  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls!

I'm new to 3FC but not so new to Weight Watchers. I started back in January with my sister, but she recently moved away and I though it would be nice to have a little more support. So, I'm looking forward to hanging around here a bit and getting to know all of you!

Also, YEA! for recipes. I just moved to a new apartment and have no microwave, so I've been making real food for almost every meal for the last week.
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #49  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Shh. Bex has been drinking. Lolz. But dont worry I saved my points lol.
Love you guys. xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #50  

Welcome Ms GenghisCohen! I have no microwave either, no frozen meals for me.

bex- so funny... hope you had a good night!

I am off for week 2 day 2 of my c25k training... at 7:30 am. woohoO!!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #51  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Oh goodness. I'm a lil embarrassed. :P
Was a great night though.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #52  
The Last 10lbs!

Glad it was a good night Bex!

Welcome Ms GenghisCohen! Jump right in whenever you're around. The more the merrier! Personally I try to avoid frozen meals - not because of the sodium or anything but mainly because they don't satisfy me as much as a proper meal and I love to cook. Are you finding you're more satisfied with your points now that you are cooking proper meals?

KayNicole, you're so dedicated going out that early in the morning! How's week 2 going? That lime chicken dish you posted sounds great (I LOVE lime). I might give it a try this week!

Hi zan and everyone else!

I made the Mexican chicken dish I posted the other day and while it was good, it could have used more flavour. I threw in a bit of cumin but it wasn't enough. And it could have used more sauce as well - maybe more canned/chopped/stewed tomatoes or some passata? It seemed quite dry.

So I've stayed steady at 151.4 although I was up a pound (152.4) this morning and then surprise surprise, TOM arrived around lunch time so that explains that. I saw 150.8 on the scale on Saturday - can't wait to see it again! My plan this week is to limit my carbs at dinner, so no rice or potatoes or pasta in the evening. I'm hoping this can give me the little jump I need to get into the 140's! Has anyone ever tried eating less/no carbs at dinner and had any success with it? I am still going to eat toast for breakfast and some kind of carb at lunch. I'm also going to try to get in my 5 a day!

It seems like the closer I get to goal, the harder I have to try to shake things up. My body's not interested in losing weight anymore but it needs to and even at 145 I expect to be a bit heavier than I'd ideally like to be. It's so frustrating but I'm hoping if I can keep myself interested in my weekly 'plans' like the low carb dinners and getting in more vegetables then I'll be able to get down to goal!

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by freedomreins; 06-14-2010 at 08:10 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #53  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I made a sheppard's pie Friday. It wasn't as heavy on the points as I feared it would be. But since I stuck to 93/7% ground beef cooked with quite a bit of onion, lipton onion soup mix, a thin layer of mashed potatoes (no butter or milk), and small pieces of sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese, it was pretty good.

Then again, I was always a meat-n-potatoe kind of girl,

Though other than working in the kitchen, I was pretty lazy this weekend. Connected with Friends over the 'Net and watched some Anime.

I'm such a dork, haha!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #54  

@ freedomreins- I wish I were more dedicated! I am trying to make my workout part of my morning routine. I was meeting a friend for breakfast/brunch at 10am on Saturday so I got up early to fit in my workout. I usually have to be at work at 7:30 am so I have yet to actually get up early enough before work to fit in a workout. lol week 2 went well but I actually skipped ahead to week 3 again by accident and didn't realize it until 12 minutes in when he got to the 3 minute run but I didn't want to start another workout over so I just went for it... and made it! My body was really sore yesterday but I am feeling pretty good today. I am going to go back to week 2 for one more workout before going back to week 3. I was so surprised I made it through week 3. Yay!

@zanheltangia- your sheppard's pie sounds like it came out good! Yay for meat n' potato meals (my comfort food).

Well I am feeling a little discouraged today. This month is slow going for me. I lost a couple pounds right off the bat at the beginning of the month but now I have leveled out just 2 lbs down. That combined with TOM starting I am feeling pretty blah about my progress this month. well I am not really discouraged, just perturbed I guess. lol Either way I have to really kick some butt!! I have a wedding coming up mid August and I would really like to have some good results by then.
BUT I have this week off of work and my original vacation plans fell through so I will be fitting in some monster workouts with all my free time.

Last edited by KayNicole; 06-14-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #55  
The Last 10lbs!

KayNicole - 2lbs is still a great loss! I lose fractions of a pound - I'd love to still be losing 2lbs a week! LOL. That's a healthy amount!

Guess what I saw this morning! 150.4!! Yeah baby!

I know we're still in June but I am SO worried about how I'm going to manage to lose weight in July. I'm mentoring at a summer school for four days where lunch is included (not sure what it will be), then my mom is visiting for a weekend with my stepdad so we'll be doing lots of eating out I'm sure, then I'll be at my boyfriend's parent's house for three days and his mom is an amazing cook, then I'm going to Edinburgh for two nights so more eating out, then I'm going on holiday with my boyfriend, then another weekend with my mom (she's touring around England with my stepdad for three weeks) and then we're moving! I want to be in that bathing suit so badly for my holiday but I'm so worried about the weeks leading up to it. I don't want to put on what I have worked so hard to lose!

I know I'm just going to have to take each meal at a time and try to make the best choices I can, but I've tried that in the past and usually end up just throwing in the towel and eating whatever I want. It's a bad, bad habit and I must NOT let myself do that again!

Hope you're all having a great week! I can't wait to see the 140s on the scale and hope to be there by Friday morning. I have been in the 150s for more than TWO YEARS and it's about time I finally got my butt into gear to try to get to my ultimate goal!

Last edited by freedomreins; 06-15-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 250/250?/Happiness

Height: 5'7"

Last night I decided to go back to WW again (after two years away) and I forgot how wonderful having a community of people for support and motivation can be. So after some stressful months and lots of stressed eating, I am feeling better already with my points tracker back in my purse. Anyway, just wanted to post and say hi and best of luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know and cheer on all of you!
broadwaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #57  
The Last 10lbs!

Welcome broadwaydreamer! You and I are almost the same height (I am a quarter of an inch shy of 5'9'') so I am looking forward to following you on your journey! My goal weight is 145 but I have a 36A chest so I carry very little weight above my waist and most of it in my stomach and hips! I may end up going a bit below that if necessary but hopefully not as I'm not sure I'd be able to maintain it. Best of luck and feel free to come by here to chat anytime!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #58  

@ Freedomreins- Thanks for the encouragement! It sounds like you have a jam packed July! When I end up going out to eat I try to pick something healthy (of course) but then I ALWAYS ask for a box and split my meal in half right away. I met a couple that used to go out to eat all the time and they both lost about 30 lbs when they started splitting their meals! I will think light thoughts for you in July!

Welcome broadwaydreamer!

I am feeling much better this morning about my progress. Somehow, hopefully it isn't a fluke, my scale read 183.5!! that is 5.5 lbs less than is read yesterday!! Crazy.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/250?/Happiness

Height: 5'7"

@freedomreins, Thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's also good to hear that someone of the same shape (height wise and all) is succeeding. I look forward to cheering each other on.

Other girl who works on my floor in our office brought in reese's minis. I want to eat a handful but I won't but I'm so tempted. Ugh. They're a point each. I keep telling myself all the amazingly good things I could have instead. I gotta get outta here!
broadwaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #60  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hello all.

KayNicole, I don't know how you do it! I didn't get home from the lab tonight until 9 and the last thing I wanted to do was cook dinner. But I motivated myself to cook and made couscous with chickpeas, red peppers and onions and it was pretty good. Even so, I think I'm going to need to buy a microwave this weekend.

Zanheltangia- your sheppards pie sounds super yummy!

Freedomreins- congratulations on being so close to the 140s! I'm getting pretty close to that next decade too and I know how motivating it can be to want to see that next number on the scale.

In answer to your earlier question, I do think that homemade meals are more satisfying, but I work late a lot and and often wind up eating cereal or yogurt for dinner, which I find less filling than a Kashi TV dinner, which was my former working-late go-to meal. I also really miss my individual sized frozen vegetables, which were a great way to get an extra vegetable in without too much effort.

broadwaydreamer- I'm new here too. Welcome and good luck to you!

I scheduled my whole afternoon so that I'd be able to leave for an hour or so to go to the gym for a Zumba class, and thought I'd left enough time to renew my membership for the summer term, but I didn't figure in that everyone else would have to renew their membership too. I wound up having to wait in line for 30 minutes, and missed the class. I ran on the treadmill for a bit and lifted weights, but it took a lot longer than I'd planned and was definitely not fun or relaxing.

Hope you're all having a good night!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote