Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #1  
The Last 10lbs!

Default 20-Somethings WW Chat Thread

Hi guys, I posted a thread yesterday and got a lot of responses from 20-somethings doing WW so at the suggestion of Feral decided to start a thread here on our board rather than one over on the WW board.

Feel free to chime in and give/receive support! I've always done best when visiting this forum regularly to chat to other people doing WW so please don't hesitate to jump on this thread and take part in discussions!

----

I had a great day today, the sun is shining for about the tenth day in a row (fantastic for 'rainy England') and so I walked from home to town, had lunch with friends and made some pretty good choices (fresh pasta with spinach, chili and leeks and some ciabatta slices w/o butter or oil), and then walked home again. I walked quickly for probably at least an hour and a half, and then wandered around town at a slower pace for a while, but only tracked an hour for APs. This is my first day back on WW and I intended to do the 30 Day Shred today as well but think I'll save it for tomorrow now. My legs are still a bit stiff from walking almost 8 miles on Saturday!

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by freedomreins; 04-26-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

No responses at all so far eh? I worry this thread's gotten a bit lost already.

I took my 'official' weigh in today. It's 153.4. I'm going to change my ticker (make it honest!) and hope for a loss next week. I planned out what I'm going to eat today last night so I think I'm making a pretty good start conquering my first week!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on taking the first step!

I've been doing weight watchers since 12/30/09, and have been haunting 3FC's WW section ever since, . It can be rather quiet there, either that or I post far too much!

I've got a WI tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. Here's to truckin' along!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #4  
The Last 10lbs!

Best of luck Zan! Thanks for joining the thread. Day 3 down, and this was the first day so far that I've actually felt full so I must be getting used to WW amounts again!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #5  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I do simply filling (formerly known as core). This week is going okay. I'm totally bogged down with school work since the semester is coming to a close. I'm also joining a fraternity (its all women, why its a fraternity, I don't know) so I'm swamped with that also. It's hard cause whenever I'm stressing I get munchies hard core. And somehow baby carrots just aren't the same as dorritos!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies, I'd love to join you! I've done WW in the past and have lost 42lbs! Unfortunately, I've gained it all back due to medication. (which I stopped taking!). So, I'd like to start over. I've had many 'false starts", starting and cheating, one day on, another day cheating, two days on third day cheat....etc..etc. I really, really need a kick in the butt! Hopefully you ladies will help keep me on track! Im starting over tomorrow, no excuses, no exceptions! I follow the flex plan!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone ! I started doing WW about 2 months ago but have only lost just about 5 lbs. I can't complain because 5lbs off is better than 5 lbs on !! I work out, recently I started running 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week and doing Shaun T's insanity. I'm hoping the weight comes off a little faster but off is off no matter how slow or fast. I have about 30 lbs to lose and would like to lose at least half of that before my birthday which is Sept 30th.
I hope everyone is doing well and has had a great day.
Anyone have any good WW recipes they want to share ?? How do you work out ? How much weight do you want to lose ? Ok that's all my questions for now..hehe.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Hooray for a WW thread!

I've been doing WW for about a year, but I've lost/gained due to not being fully on-plan like I should. However, I really renewed my efforts in January, and I've been losing the weight today, albeit slowly.

I feel like lately I've been using too many weekly points, so I've been trying to save a lot of them (ideally 15). I haven't quite gotten there this week, due to a few mistakes, but I did great today- no weekly points used at all

Nice to meet everyone! I'm hoping to get some good information and support from all of you
Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #9  
Not so starving student

The body is so weird...some weeks I'm perfect and don't lose much, other weeks I'm bad and lose a lot! Ah, well, I know the program works if you just stick too it.

Anyone have any favorite low point snacks/treats?

I'm currently obsessed with skinny cow peanut butter-chocolate ice cream sandwiches.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #10  
The Last 10lbs!

rosekeet - Welcome! I'm a bit like that too, I used to eat all my weekly points and all my activity points and lose plenty sometimes. My favourite treats are probably the new Fibre Plus bars (basically Fibre One bars but in the UK) and low fat hot chocolate, but not so much now that it's warming up outside.

vixxi - Hi! I'm starting over too. I initially lost 20lbs on WW and now am trying to get the last 10 off for good. I was not doing well with calorie counting and find the WW program easier to follow.

PlatinumGi - How is Insanity going? I have not tried that one but have attempted Slim in Six (though not for the full six weeks). Right now I am trying to do the 30DS as many times a week as possible and I walk to and from university which is about 20 minutes each way. I want to reach my final goal of 145 by July 21. I'm sure if you stick with it you'll reach yours by Sept 30 - that's my brother's birthday too.

OneStep - Thanks for joining us Looks like you're doing great already. Let us know how eating only half (ish) of your flex points works out.

---

Phew, I'm exhausted, I spent the whole day (9-5) at uni. I worked until 2, touring visiting students around and leading them in activities, and then had a meeting with a tutor and coffee with a friend. I feel like my energy was up-up-UP all morning and I'm crashing now. It's hard to be enthusiastic all the time, lol. I feel like I spent most of the day talking a mile a minute.

I ate 7 flex points today. Our lunch is determined by what's available in the uni canteen and so I didn't have any of my 20 points left when I got back for dinner. I can't say I made the best choice for dinner though... cheese on toast and Doritos. Whoops. I looooove cheese on toast!! I'll be better tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #11  
Not so starving student

I lost around 20lbs in high school and kept it off for three years. Gained it slowly back when I started college and started a new medication.

I had a great NSV this morning! I have this button-up leopard print shirt I haven't been able to wear in like 6 months +. Last time I tried it on I could just BARELY button it. There was no way I could wear it in public. And today, it fit! Comfortably! I wore it with my new jeans (one size SMALLER!) and am feeling really good about myself today.

I hope everyone else is having a good day as well. I hope the feeling last because I only have three weeks left of this semester and am trying not to go crazy.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #12  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Hi everyone. I joined WW first in January 2009. I lasted about a month before quitting. I rejoined in December 2009, and despite not weighing in for a month, I am still a member. I will be going to my next weigh in, this Saturday!

With consistent tracking and an intense exercise routine, I lose on WW. But I need to get back there. This next meeting will give me another "starting point" and allow me to revisit my goals.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

freedomreins Insanity is INSANE ! It's awesome though. I tried doing P90X but it was a little to slow for me. I will try it again after I finish insanity. Shaun T is pretty entertaining and he def keeps me motivated. It's hard work but it's great. Do you like 30DS ? I've heard lots of things about it...mixed reviews.
I love knowing about other people who share the same b-day Libras are the best !
Good luck on your goal, I'm sure you'll make it !!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #14  
The Last 10lbs!

Rosekeet - What a fantastic NSV! Congrats!

Tamara - Welcome! I hope we can all help each other and keep each other on track Good luck with your meeting!

Platinum - Wow, you have a lot more stamina than I do! By the time I'm done the 30DS I'm pretty tired and it's only 25 minutes. I've done it five times over about two weeks and already I can feel a difference in my arms/strength. I can feel a bicep under there now! If you're used to Insanity/P90x, 30DS would probably be too easy for you!

---

I saw 153.0 on the scale this morning! Yesterday was a planned high day too so I'm thrilled. It's not a huge loss but I'll take it! I don't think I've seen 153 since just after Christmas.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #15  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Usually I am better at keeping up with threads, but these past two days (full of doctor appointments/etc) have been crazy!

Well, I lost 1.2 pound on my WI, which is awesome because the scale at the doctor's and publix showed me no change. Thankfully I only rely on the WI scale, or the others would have bugged me.

Congrats, guys.
Closed Thread