Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #31  
The Last 10lbs!

rayosun - It doesn't sound like you did that badly if you were still within your points. I think the best thing I keep hearing is that if you screw up, you get back on plan with the next MEAL, not the next day. I am so bad for this though - if I eat off plan at lunch I usually eat off plan at dinner and blow through a ton of extra points/calories for the day with the plan of restarting the next day. From now on though, I vow to start again at the next meal! I wish more companies posted their nutritional information too. Have you got a copy of the WW Dining Out guide? I don't know how current mine is since it's about three years old now but I find that helpful for guessing if I can't find the exact restaurant.

bex - Hey, your friend only turns 21 once right? At least, I did, so if I should have turned 21 again this year someone should have told me ahead of time! LOL. Just try to guess your points and start a new day tomorrow. It's hard sometimes but this is supposed to be a lifestyle change for us right? And sometimes life throws fantastic parties in there and we go a bit overboard. No harm in having a bit of fun once in a while!

---

My mom was visiting for the past week so I know I didn't lose anything this week - in fact I'm sure I gained. But I had a great time with her and, when possible, I cooked us hearty low-point and healthy meals at home instead of going out. I didn't keep track of points this week though. Tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week for me so onwards and downwards!

Have a great week ladies!!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 AM   #32  
The Last 10lbs!

Here I am again, just posting my weigh-in results. Before mom got here I was 10st10lbs (152lbs) and I weighed in this morning at 11st (154lbs). I really need to remember to change my scale to stones so that I don't have to keep looking it up. I can't convert it in my head and I'm not used to using them but the UK WW is by that or kgs, and I'm even worse with kgs!

I've started planning my day and this gain is okay with me. I'm still a pound lighter than I was when I started WW on the 19th of April. So my weight is still technically going down!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #33  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I cannot imagine trying to convert my weight in three different systems, that would drive me a bit batty.

You did pretty good, Freedom. You'll work off that Mom's visit weight pretty soon, .

Bex, you did great watching the food intake. As long as you had fun, a little slip up on the drinks should be fine, it was a special occassion. Mark it down and move on like you planned on doing, .

Well, since I was too lazy to leave my house this weekend to go grocery shopping, I was way under my fruit and veggies. Especially yesterday, I only had a small bag of carrots. I think that is why my stomach is complaining this morning. Ughhhhhhhh.

Happy Monday, all.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #34  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Exactly. Its not the end of the world. I am 90% sure I am going to have a gain but I know I'm going to have situations like this. If I wasn't in bed with the flu I would be at the gym now trying to work it off!!

And yea I know what you mean. I weigh in as kgs and always come on here and convert it into pounds to put it on here. Kilos x 2.2 gets you to pounds so I hate it. The smaller the number the better in my opinion!! :P

Its starting to get colder here and my kitten is feeling it too so shes being all cuddly which is awesome!

I really need to get my fruit and veges intake up too. I am going to come home after my meeting and plan out my entire week this week so I can get some amazing results next week.

And freedom I would happy with your results. And congrats on having such a positive outlook. I'm hoping I will be the same and not go off the rails. I think with the support of here I should be fine
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #35  
bex

OMFG! I had a loss. And not just any loss. 0.9kg/2lbs which brings me to 10kg which was one of my mini goals which means I am getting my hair dyed.

I AM STOKED!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #36  
Warning 3FC Addict

Bex!

Hair dyed, eh? Can we see?

Congrats!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #37  
The Last 10lbs!

Well done Bex! That's fantastic! I want to see your newly dyed hair too, once you've done it!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:17 AM   #38  
bex

I havent done it yet. Not sure whether to fork out and do it professionally or just buy a box. We shall see. But yay I'm still buzzing!

How is everyone else going?
Old 05-12-2010, 03:20 AM   #39  
The Last 10lbs!

Only been two days back on track and saw 153.4 this morning so happily heading in the right direction

Bex, I've had my hair coloured professionally and I've done it out of a box and I think it depends what you want out of it. I never do permanent ones out of a box in case it goes wrong, but there are 28 days/shampoos ones that I use. Then you don't have to worry about just touching up your roots because you can choose to do your whole head again in a month or a bit more (generally lasts a bit more than that for me, though it does fade a bit). I've never had a full head of hair dyed professionally, just streaks, but it takes a lot longer and still grows out and then looks a little funny if you don't go back and pay to touch it up.

You may have done both before yourself so this is irrelevant information but thought I'd throw it in there anyway

How much exercise do you guys do? As this is a lifestyle change I don't want to make myself do anything I wouldn't do for life. I am relatively active, walking to university (about 2 miles roundtrip) 3-4 days a week and then doing something active on the weekend with my boyfriend like another walk somewhere. I'm not sure if this is enough though. I just know that when I do exercise I get super hungry and sometimes my daily points just don't cut it to take the hunger away. I want to tone up but not sure how much cardio I need to get in there to make it worthwhile.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #40  
bex

Yea I have done it from a box before many a time but I wanted to treat myself a bit more this time. I just quit my job though though I don't have much money! I might just get a box. Thinking to do it a real chocolatey brown with some red in it maybe. I will def put up photos when its all done.

I havent been doing nearly enough exercise lately. I am really sick at the moment. Only leaving bed when I have to but usually I try and get to the gym at least 3 times a week and try and walk to work.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #41  
Warning 3FC Addict

Well, if you are looking for toning, I'd do weight lifting more so than just walking. Plus the muscle will help burn calories when you are just sitting around, .
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 239/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Hello! *Waves*
I hope I'm not intruding, as I'm not a WW-er, but can I ask a question?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #43  
Warning 3FC Addict

You're welcome to,

WW or not,

What's the question?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 239/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Thank you!
You'd be surprised at rude some people can be about things.

Can you use WW to maintain rather than lose?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #45  
Warning 3FC Addict

Yes. You can use WW to maintain.

Basically when you go in to get the starting information (or when you get a kit), ask the leader or receptionist about maintaining. I think you get another 4 daily points more or so than if you were looking to lose weight (BUT DO NOT QUOTE ME,) I am guessing.

I am pretty far from it myself, but I'll see what my leader says about it tonight or I'll ask a lifetimer if she happens to show up to this week. I'll pass it off as curiousity and future planning, so I think I should be able to get some of the information - if I am lucky. Otherwise I will check the WW website forums as a last resort (I do not like their forums, some people on there are a little less supportative then the awesome 3FCers that I have met on here)

I hope this helps. But yes, you can maintain on WWs.
Closed Thread